X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyPilgrim
    • May 2010

Re: Evans-Rampage UFC 114

Originally posted by SPX
    Fuck it, just followed you guys who have bets on Escudero.

3.5u to win 1u
    Good man. I think it is a favorable matchup for Efrain. Dlau has ok hands, he was sure as hell beating Cole's ass standing. But Efrain has shown decent hands himself. In fact, he KO'd Miller cold. But Efrain has the takedown and grappling advantage too IMO. I don't think DLau has anywhere near the guard he would need to submit Efrain.

There just aren't any outs for Lauzon here.

Comment

• Thewiseman
      • Feb 2010

Efrain will probably win, but I hate the odds, no way I would bet that. Im on Lauzon for a small bet.

Comment

• SPX
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by poopoo333
        I am taking that fight for sure...just waiting to see how the line moves.
        It's hard to say how much more money, if any, is really going to come in on D-Lo at the current line. If the line moves much in either direction I think it'll be in the last few days leading up to the fight.
        I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by BillyPilgrim
          Good man. I think it is a favorable matchup for Efrain. Dlau has ok hands, he was sure as hell beating Cole's ass standing. But Efrain has shown decent hands himself. In fact, he KO'd Miller cold. But Efrain has the takedown and grappling advantage too IMO. I don't think DLau has anywhere near the guard he would need to submit Efrain.

There just aren't any outs for Lauzon here.
          I see it more or less the same way, so I hope you're right. My primary concern is that there's still not a lot of data on either guy fighting UFC level comp. Both guys fought Miller and both fights were very short. Against Efrain, Miller got caught with a punch. If he had not, how would the fight have gone? Hard to say. And against Lauzon, Miller got a pretty quick sub. If not, again, how would the fight have gone?

2 of 3 of Lauzon's losses have come via sub and Efrain has a whole slew of wins by submission so I'm hoping Efrain catches a sub ASAP and just ends this thing.
          I heart cock

Comment

• edman5555
            • Apr 2010

Well I just lost a lot of dough, so to the future...UFC 114

Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans[1]
            Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller[1]
            Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow[1]
            Light Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz[1]
            Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. John Hathaway[1]
            [edit] Preliminary card (Spike TV)
            Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Dong Hyun Kim[1]
            Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon[1]
            [edit] Preliminary card
            Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Waylon Lowe[1]
            Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Arthur Cane vs. Cyrille Diabaté[1]
            Lightweight bout: Aaron Riley vs. Joe Brammer [1]
            Middleweight bout: Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen[1]
            1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• edman5555
              • Apr 2010

I watched some footage on Jason Brilz. Vs Eliott marshall. His striking really really stinks. Nog is a pan am medalist. I think Brilz is going to get KO'd or submitted.

Todd Duffee is hyped up to hell due to his 7 sec KO. I'm not saying he isn't good but he is very new and Mike Russow is pretty experienced and will likely be a big dog. Russow is a wrestler asd well, he might be able to get duffee down and avoid the missles Duffee is packing.

Thats all for now.
              1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• poopoo333
                MMA *********
                • Jan 2010

Dan Lauzon tells the Boston Herald that his brother Joe and his usual coaches have given up on him just two weeks before his UFC 114 fight with Efrain Escudero:

"This is going to be the first fight I don’t have them in my corner," Dan Lauzon said last week. "They’re not going to be there to support me. It (stinks). I don’t really know what I did to deserve this. I wouldn’t do that to anybody. I wouldn’t do that to my brother, I wouldn’t do that to anyone in my gym. It’s not right."

"He trained better than he did before (the ultimatum), but he still didn’t fulfill everything we wanted him to do," Joe Lauzon said. "We said you need to train 10 or 11 times a week, and he didn’t do that. I don’t think he’s done that one time."

Dan Lauzon disputed that account, saying that no specific guidelines were ever presented to him.

"In my eyes, I was doing everything right," he said. "I was making it to the gym; I was training hard two times a day. I was doing everything right. I was completely blown away."

"I was completely hurt by it, especially my brother Joe. I don’t think anybody would ever do that to their brother. I can’t think of anyone else that would ever do that to their brother and just tell them, ’Hey, you’re on your own.’"

"I think I’m going to be pretty much looking for a new gym and new coaches to train with," he said. "People I can actually count on and rely on and not somebody that’s going to halfway through a camp say, ’Hey sorry, you’re going out there alone, good luck.’ "

Lauzon scrambled to find new cornermen and will have WEC fighter Josh Grispi, "Ultimate Fighter" alum John Clarke and training partner Brandon Chase with him in Las Vegas.

Comment

• poopoo333
                  MMA *********
                  • Jan 2010

To follow up:

Comment

• SPX
                    • Aug 2009

First off, that's some crazy shit. That's definitely going to fuck with Dan's head and makes me more confident in my Escudero bet.

Second, training 10 or 11 times a week seems like OVERTRAINING.
                    I heart cock

Comment

• poopoo333
                      MMA *********
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SPX
                      First off, that's some crazy shit. That's definitely going to fuck with Dan's head and makes me more confident in my Escudero bet.

Second, training 10 or 11 times a week seems like OVERTRAINING.
                      Yeah, it is making me want to place a bet on Escuderdo. And naw, 10-11 times a week is basically just a few 2 a days. Say conditioning/weights in the AM, sparring/whatever in the PM or something along the lines of that.

Comment

• SPX
                        • Aug 2009

Yeah, it is making me want to place a bet on Escuderdo. And naw, 10-11 times a week is basically just a few 2 a days. Say conditioning/weights in the AM, sparring/whatever in the PM or something along the lines of that.
                        Coming from something of a weightlifting background (not really, but sort of), I come from the school that one should keep their training brief and explosive. Rest essential.

Also, if it takes all that bullshit to be a pro fighter then I guess I just never will be.
                        I heart cock

Comment

• poopoo333
                          MMA *********
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SPX
                          Coming from something of a weightlifting background (not really, but sort of), I come from the school that one should keep their training brief and explosive. Rest essential.

Also, if it takes all that bullshit to be a pro fighter then I guess I just never will be.
                          Yeah well if you are training for a strength sport, it's totally different. It's not like fighters train to improve the big 3 for PLing, their body parts for BBing, and the clean and jerk/snatch for OLing.

Comment

• SPX
                            • Aug 2009

Yeah well if you are training for a strength sport, it's totally different. It's not like fighters train to improve the big 3 for PLing, their body parts for BBing, and the clean and jerk/snatch for OLing.
                            Most of my knowledge comes from the bodybuilding arena. (Not that I look anything like a bodybuilder.)

It seems to me that muscle recovery would be the same across all sports, though. The body needs time to heal.
                            I heart cock

Comment

• Ludo
                              • Jan 2010

I've heard using Creatine helps to aid in the process of muscle healing to allow someone to train two or three days in a row, but I don't know if it's true.
                              2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
                              Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
                              Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
                              Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                                215 Hustler
                                • Sep 2006

Thats some fuckin BS. I dont care what the fuck my brother was doing, I would never do him like that. I dont care if he didnt train one day. I would have at least cornered him, and then parted ways AFTER the fight.
                                Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

Working...