• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spook
    Banned
    • Apr 2010

6-19-10

NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular go here).

good luck!!( lets make some money)

post'em if you got'em gl!
  • spook
    Banned
    • Apr 2010

Re: 6-19-10

Saturday's Streaking and Slumping Starting Pitchers

Streaking

Michael Pelfrey, New York Mets

Pelfrey (9-1, 2.39) has quietly been turning in a fantastic season. He has not tasted defeat since May 1 and has won five of his last six starts.

That no-decision came on June 8 against the Padres and may have been his best of the bunch - a nine-inning gem in which he allowed only five hits, one run, struck out six and walked none but missed out on the win when the game went to extra innings.

"I didn't feel like the ball was jumping out of my hand, but I felt like I was putting it where I wanted to," Pelfrey said after the game. "That's the biggest thing."

That's been the key to his success all season. Like a young Greg Maddox, he's beating batters with his pinpoint control and brains instead of blowing them away with sheer heat.

Ted Lilly, Chicago Cubs

Time to wake up Ted Lilly (2-5, 2.64) and remind him he's a 34-year-old journeyman.

Lilly had his no-hit bid broken up in the ninth inning against crosstown rival White Sox on Sunday night, harkening back to his glory days with the Yankees.

"There was so much energy," Lilly said after the near no-no. "I can't remember that much energy - I guess I'd have to go back to 2001 and the World Series and some of those big late inning game-winning homers and you get that kind of feeling. It was awesome and really special."

The one-hitter wasn't a one-hit wonder. Despite losing his previous five decisions, Lilly has been solid but has lacked support from the scuttling Cubs. He allowed only four earned runs in his previous three starts, all of which lasted longer than seven innings.

Matt Cain, Giants

Cain (6-4, 2.05) has won four consecutive starts and has allowed only two earned runs during that stretch.

Among those wins a pair of complete-game shutouts, including a one-hitter over the Diamondbacks. His recent surge corresponds with some sage advice from catcher Bengie Molina last month.

"'Your fastball needs to be located,'" Molina said he told Cain. "'If you locate your fastball, you're going to be fine.' That's the last time I remember telling him that. And his fastball location has been amazing. ... He smells a complete game or he smells a win, and it's amazing. He gets stronger and stronger."

Slumping

Rick Porcello, Detroit Tigers

After a phenomenal rookie season, Porcello (4-6, 6.09) is suffering through a serious sophomore slump.

Manager Jim Leyland was so concerned after his last outing that he skipped him a turn in the rotation. Porcello tries to rebound from the thumping he took against the White Sox in which he allowed eight hits and earned runs before getting the hook after just 3 1/3 innings.

"They got those hits so quick, it was like a slap in the face," Porcello said. "I didn't even realize what happened until I was out of the game. That's a perfect example of just letting the game speed up on me, and I've done that a couple times this year and not been able to stop it."

The 21-year-old has shown he can handle success at this level. Now it's time to see how he deals with adversity.

Ben Sheets, Oakland A's

Sheets (2-6, 4.93) is mired in one of the longest droughts of his career. He hasn't won since May 8, marking a seven-game streak without a decision.

That's his longest winless stretch since 2004, when he made nine starts without earning a W. Perhaps more alarming is the fact that he's lasted seven innings only once this season.

"Six innings isn't really that great," said Sheets, who has given up a total of 10 earned runs in his past three starts - all lasting exactly six innings. "I prepare to go nine every time."

Perhaps he should instead prep for six good ones.

Kevin Millwood, Baltimore Orioles

One month ago it didn't seem like things could get worse for the winless Millwood (0-8, 5.16). Now they seem like the good old days.

Millwood has lost hi last four outings and failed to last more than six innings in those starts, giving up a total of 31 hits and 20 earned runs in his last 16.1 innings. His ERA ballooned to 10.80 over that span.

"I'm just not throwing the ball where I need to," Millwood said. "That's pretty much it. And hopefully I can figure something out between now and the next time and get back to where I was before."

Let's hope "before" refers to his glory days with the Braves, not his 0-for days with the O's.

Comment

• spook
      Banned
      • Apr 2010

Saturday FOX Tips
      By Kevin Rogers

The Saturday FOX card involves three interleague matchups, highlighted by the Red Sox/Dodgers showdown at Fenway Park. Elsewhere, the Nationals host the streaking White Sox in D.C., but we'll begin in Philadelphia with the Phillies looking to keep their bats hot against the Twins.

Twins at Phillies - 4:10 PM EST

Minnesota and Philadelphia continue a three-game set at Citizens Bank Park as Cole Hamels goes for his seventh win of the season. The Phillies' offense has picked up after their cold streak on a road trip through the NL East, scoring 21 runs the last four games (3-1).

Hamels (6-5, 3.74 ERA) is coming off a terrific start against the Red Sox his last time out, striking out eight and allowing five hits in seven innings of a 5-1 victory. The southpaw is slowly returning to the form that won him the 2008 World Series MVP, as the Phillies are 6-3 in his last nine starts. The 'under' has turned into a profitable play, hitting in seven of his previous eight outings.

The Twins counter with Kevin Slowey (7-4, 3.84 ERA), who was knocked around by the Braves in his last outing, allowing six runs and nine hits in 4.2 innings. Slowey is known as one of the better control pitchers in baseball (55 strikeouts, 16 walks), but his day numbers have been less than stellar. Eleven of his walks and eight of his home runs allowed (10 homers overall) are in matinee action, to go along with an ERA of 5.81. The 'over' is 4-2 in Slowey's last six starts, while hitting in each of his last two interleague outings against Atlanta and Milwaukee.

Minnesota is 9-3 the last 12 road interleague contests, while Philadelphia tries to improve on its 2-10 mark against American League teams since the start of last season.

Dodgers at Red Sox - 4:10 PM EST

After two rookies started on Friday night, a pair of wily veterans hit the mound at Fenway Park on Saturday afternoon. Boston has been on fire recently at home, winning nine of its previous 11, including a 9-1 mark as home 'chalk.'

The Sox send out Tim Wakefield (2-5, 5.42 ERA) to the hill, going for his first home victory of the season. The knuckleballer owns a dreadful 0-4 mark at Fenway, to go along with an ERA of 6.86 with the Sox winning one of his six home outings. Wakefield had one bad inning against the Phillies in his last start, allowing seven hits and four earned runs in 7.1 innings. Dating back to 2005, the Sox are 15-4 in Wakefield's last 19 interleague starts, including four straight home wins.

Vicente Padilla (1-1, 6.65 ERA) started on Opening Day for the Dodgers, but hasn't pitched since April 22 thanks to an inflamed nerve is his pitching arm. Los Angeles has suffered a myriad of injuries through its rotation with Padilla and Chad Billingsley, who was just placed on the disabled list with a groin strain. The Dodgers are 0-3 in Padilla's three road starts, as the righty possesses a 7.98 ERA on the highway this season. Padilla faced the Red Sox last season as a member of the Rangers and picked up a road underdog victory by tossing seven innings and allowing two earned runs in a 6-3 win.

The Red Sox are 16-6 in Game 2's this season, including a 12-2 mark off a victory in the series opener. The Dodgers own a 6-8 record as a road underdog this season.

White Sox at Nationals - 4:10 PM EST

This game was moved to the FOX slot with the thinking Stephen Strasburg was taking the hill. Only problem is that the rookie sensation started on Friday night against Chicago, trying to keep the righty on a normal four days of rest regiment. The Nats will face a former National League Cy Young Award winner with Jake Peavy taking the mound for the Sox.

Peavy (5-5, 5.62 ERA) was pushed back to Saturday after needing several days to rest his right shoulder. The ex-Padres righty is coming off a victory over the Cubs at Wrigley Field, giving up six hits and two earned runs in seven innings of a 10-5 win. That outing was his second straight quality start following four consecutive non-quality appearances (2-2). Peavy hasn't faced the Nationals since 2007, as Washington picked up two victories as substantial underdogs.

J.D. Martin (0-2, 4.19 ERA) hits the bump for the Nats, making his first home start of the season following three road outings. The right-hander hasn't had much luck through his first three turns, as Washington is 0-3, including a 7-1 loss at last-place Cleveland in his previous outing. The Nats haven't provided Martin with run support, averaging 2.3 runs/game in his three outings.

The White Sox are one of the top interleague road teams, winning 11 of their past 15 on the highway against National League foes. The Nats have compiled seven wins in their last 11 games as a home underdog.

vegasinsider.com

Comment

• spook
        Banned
        • Apr 2010

Lady Luck: Today's WNBA best bets

Atlanta Dream at Indiana Fever (-5, 154.5)

The anti-Mercury continue to impress with their stout defensive play. The Fever have been and are one of the WNBA’s premier teams because of their ability to disrupt opposing teams’ offenses.

That was the case again Thursday night when Indiana held Seattle, the second best scoring team in the league, to just 37 percent shooting.

“The emphasis for us is to always establish and identify ourselves on the defensive end,” Fever forward Katie Douglas told the Associated Press after the 72-65 win over the Storm. “I don’t think that really changes in any game.”

The Dream are playing great basketball right now but they shot just 33 percent from the field in their last encounter with the Fever. Fever lost by four by the game finished below the total.

Pick: Under

Chicago Sky at Washington Mystics (-5.5, 151)

The Sky missed a beautiful opportunity to notch a win over a quality opponent and end their losing streak Tuesday night against the Dream. Chicago led by as many as 10 points but failed to put away Atlanta late.

"I'm frustrated, but then again, you just have to let it go," Sylvia Fowles said after the setback. "I try not to hold things in as much this year, go back at it tomorrow at practice, learn from our mistakes and get ready for our next opponent."

That type of defeat isn’t easily forgotten, especially since the Sky held Angel McCoughtry, one of the league’s leading scorers, in check.

Expect the Mystics to extend Chicago’s losing streak to four games.

Pick: Washington

Comment

• spook
          Banned
          • Apr 2010

Hot Lines: Today's best MLB bets

Chicago White Sox at Washington Nationals (+110, 8.5)

Things aren’t looking as bleak these days for the South Siders. Chicago is 7-1 over its last eight games heading into Friday’s game and closing in on .500.

Jake Peavy, who looked awful for most of the season’s first two months, is finally starting to pitch like the hurler bettors saw in San Diego. He recently put together two strong, seven-inning outings but missed his last start because of a sore shoulder.

An MRI revealed that Peavy has fluid in the shoulder, but there is no risk for further injury. The former Cy Young winner is looking forward to his start on Saturday.

"You go in, and as uncomfortable and scary MRIs are at times, you wouldn't believe what fluid in your joint and shoulder capsule and that stuff could, at times you just think there's got to be something wrong if it hurts,” Peavy told the Chicago Sun-Times.

“But it's a little fluid here and there could cause some discomfort and pain and you go get fully checked out the way we did and find out your shoulder is structurally sound, that's such a huge mental block that's out of the way that you just battle some inflammation and fluid so you can go out there and fear or jeopardize your career."

We still aren’t in the habit of backing a team who’s sending out a wounded hurler to the mound.

Pick: Nationals

Oakland A’s at St. Louis Cardinals (-200, 7.5)

Hitting behind Albert Pujols should be one of the best jobs in the world - right up there with bikini inspector and Heineken taste tester. But Matt Holliday proved that even dream jobs come with stress.

Is the struggling slugger root of the Cards’ offensive struggles? That’s what St. Louis Today columnist Jeff Gordon says and it’s hard to argue with him.

Holliday began the season batting behind Albert Pujols in the cleanup spot after signing a $120 million contract in the offseason, but manager Tony La Russa recently moved the outfielder into the two-hole because of Holliday’s inability to come up with the timely base hit. He’s hitting .344 with none on, .217 with runners on and just .189 with runners in scoring position.

The under (25-39-2) has been a great bet with the Cards all season. The over is just 4-8-1 in St. Louis’ last 13 games.

Pick: Under

Comment

• spook
            Banned
            • Apr 2010

Jack Clayton
            Free play

Sport: MLB
            Game: Reds at Mariners
            Date/Time: 6/19/2010 10:00PM EST
            Pick: Reds and Lecure

Comment

• spook
              Banned
              • Apr 2010

baseball crusher 6/19 game 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play of the Day:

Detroit Tigers -135 over the Arizona Dbacks

Comment

• spook
                Banned
                • Apr 2010

gill alexander | MLB Money Line Sat, 06/19/10 - 1:05 PM

double-dime bet 953 ANA (-105) Bodog vs 954 CHC
                Analysis:

This marks the first time this season that I have only found 1 play on a 15 game slate that I like enough to recommend. I am simply not a fan of Saturday’s MLB board and I’m not going to force a wager just because we’re going well or because I want sales. I’m in this to win wagers together, not to be undisciplined and make haphazard picks. And believe me, I pored over these games over and over again into the night just to make sure I wasn’t going nuts and sure enough, everything pointed to steering clear of all of them, except, that is, for one. And, boy, do I love it. The Angels are on an under-the-radar bonafide tear, winning 17 of their last 23 overall and 11 of their last 13 on the road. The Cubs have lost 11 of 17. Weaver has yielded 3 or fewer ER in 11 of his 14 starts. Those 11 ballgames represent his quality outings. He has a 69-18 SO-BB ratio and 1.17WHIP. He’s holding opponents to a .238BA. Weaver has a 2.74ERA in 8 lifetime NL road starts. Lilly is coming off a performance v ChiSox in which he took a no-hi„tter into the 9th inning. He has a 1.52ERA in his last 3 starts. Lilly has 7 consecutive quality starts, a 1.00 WHIP, and is holding opponents to a .204BA. He has a 3.45ERA in 10 career outings v LAA. So, while the team trends cited above certainly point to LAA here, the conventional stats on the starting pitching matchup have to give one pause. But that’s when we go the extra mile. Weaver has a 3.21FIP (12th best in MLB) and 3.49xFIP (10th best in MLB). His .316BABIP is the 3rd most “unlucky” amongst the Top 20 FIP starters in baseball and lets us know that there has been nothing flukey about Weaver’s ’10 campaign. Lilly, on the other hand, has a 4.27FIP and 4.79xFIP (20th worst in MLB). His E-F of -1.38 is the 7th worst discrepancy in baseball, telling us that there is much embedded value in today’s line against him. But, there’s more. Lilly has the single luckiest BABIP in all of MLB at a staggeringly low .219. Were Lilly a ground ball pitcher, that would somewhat serve to mitigate the impact of that good fortune. But, fact is, Lilly is the 3rd worst starter in all of baseball at inducing ground balls at just 32.3%, meaning that his BABIP is due for a regression of epic magnitude. This matchup demands that we play it. And play it we will.

Comment

• spook
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2010

JSM Sports 6/19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HRC PREMIUM MLB ACTION-June 19th

Capper: JSM Sports (Handicappers Paradise)

Play Strengths
                  2* Action
                  5* Selection (Rated)
                  8* Premium (Rated)
                  10* Diamond (Rated)

[968] Washington |8*|-105|B+0|FOX|4:10 pm EST

[966] Pittsburgh |8*|-115|B+0|Network N/A|7:05 pm EST

[973] Tampa Bay |5*|-150|B+0|Network N/A|7:10 pm EST

Comment

• spook
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2010

shut em down sports 6/19

20*
                    St Louis ML
                    Chicago White Sox ML
                    Detroit Tigers M

Comment

• spook
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2010

RW Sports 56-54-13 (3-1)

holland - japan, over 2 goals, 1.58 @ Pinnacle

australia - ghana, 1st half draw, 2.10 @ eurobet

australia - ghana, ghana, 2.05 @ Pinnacle

cameroon - denmark, 1st half draw, 2.00 @ Pinnacle

cameroon - denmark, over 1.75 goals, 1.66 @ Pinnacle

Comment

• spook
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2010

Hondo

Hondo, who'd been gaining on the deficit lately, gave some back with the Dodgers last night when they flopped in Fenway to raise the nasty number to 865 cepedas.

Today, his disposable dead presidents are with Cain and the SF Jints in Toronto -- 10 units.

Comment

• spook
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2010

KICK 'N' PICKS

Saturday’s Best World Cup Bets

Ghana (+105) vs. Australia (+321, 2)

Serbia’s win over Germany has Group D in a bit of a mess. Suddenly the mighty Germans are in a much more vulnerable position and so are Ghana.

The Black Stars, who are favored against the Aussies but will certainly be underdogs against Germany, will be shooting to not just beat Australia, but beat them badly.

This doesn’t bode well for the Socceroos who won’t have one of their most accomplished stars on the pitch. Tim Cahill, who plays his club football with Everton, was given a red card for taking down Bastian Schweinsteiger during Australia’s 4-0 loss to Germany and isn’t available to return until the Socceroos match against Serbia.

Pick: Ghana

Cameroon (+213) vs. Denmark (+154)

Both these teams enter Saturday’s match still in search of their first goal of the tournament. Cameroon’s 0-1 setback against Japan was a real shocker. The Indomitable Lions controlled much of the possession against Japan but failed to produce many quality scoring chances.

Some were left guessing why Cameroon coach Paul Le Guen had world class finisher Samuel Eto’o playing on the wing.

“I chose the position for him and I take responsibility for that,” Le Guen told reporters following the loss. “You make the choice with what you have.”

Others, including some players on the team, wondered why EPL regular Alexandre Song wasn’t in the lineup. However you slice it, Cameroon’s game plan in their first match seemed odd.

The news is much more positive for the Danes. Their lost to the Netherlands was expected and they showed some glimpses as to the type of damage they’ll be able to exhibit against the lesser teams in their group.

“Cameroon have many good players,” Denmark coach Morten Olsen told reporters, “but they don’t have the same qualities as the Dutch team.”

Pick: Denmark

Comment

• spook
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2010

Mighty Quinn

Mighty hit with the Red Sox Friday night. Saturday it's the Red Sox.

The deficit is 975 sirignanos

Comment

• spook
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2010

Marc Lawrence | MLB Money Line Sat, 06/19/10 - 8:10 PM

triple-dime bet 951 MIL (+105) Bookmaker.com vs 952 COL
                              Analysis: Play On: Milwaukee w/Gallardo (Game 951)
                              Note: The Brewers send Yovanni Gallardo to the mound in Colorado against the Rockies tonight knowing he is 3-1 with a 1.98 ERA in his last four road starts during June. He's also 4-2 in his last six road team starts. With the Rockies Jeff Francis owning a sky-high 7.67 ERA in his five career team starts against Milwaukee, look for the Brewers to come up big here toni~ght. We recommend a 3-unit play on Milwaukee.

Comment

Working...