Comment

• Mr. IWS
        215 Hustler
        • Sep 2006

Re: 9-6-08

INDIANCOWBOY

Let's keep the good Saturday's rolling:

Temple +6.5 (POD)

I had this game as an Upset alert from the early part of this week in part because Temple's great performance in thier first game by going on the road to do so well as this team is returning a wealth of starters. Of course, the line opened up at a little over a touchdown, and now has steadily gone down to 6.5 as Temple is the home dog. Connecticut did not play much of a competition in their first game either, and the total is a striking low 38. This could be in part due to the incliment weather that my buddy Dallas let me know of. But, usually, with an active dog, the game goes over as that is a principle that I Have been writing about for the past 4 years in depth. Rememeber, Connecticut did beat Hofstra 35-3 in their last ballgame, but also note that Tyler Lorenzen through for 0 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in the last ballgame - as it was the Connecticut running game that scored the points (another reason why the line is low as Connecticut likes ball control and to run). Temple though just destroyed Army and lost to this tema by just 4 last year and this is a game they can get revenge, at home and the have significantly better quarterback play and offense here.

Akron +4.5

I think it's been a long time since Syracuse has been favored in a ball game, period. It actually amuses me that they are actually giving up points to a team. Note that roughly 60% of the public still favors Syracuse coming into this game, these 2 teams have not played each other at all in recent memory, in fact, I don't know if they have ever locked horns in their football history, Syracuse comes off a 20 point loss on the road at Northwestern which of course, they failed to cover, Akron comes off a 21 point loss on the road at Wisconsin. Note, that this Akron team is sound, they have a great QB in Chris Jacquemain who threw for 2 touchdowns and 0 picks at Wisconsin, a top 15 team in the nation, and actually completed more than 60% of his passes while Andrew Robinson did not throw a TD and threw a pick against Northwestern. In fact, he barely passed for over a 100 yards. Syracuse actually returns more players with 7 on offense (similar to Akron) but 6 on defense while Akron only returns 4. Of course, this is no good if your returning starters are not that good - lol. Having said this, despite the total going under since opening, I simply can't all see all that much defense here as both teams should have some success scoring.

Kent +7

I know, this is not a very sexy game compared to the other game on the board, having said that, note that Kent State lost to Boston College earlier this year 0-21 and this is a proud team that is returning 14 of its 22 starters from last year, note that Iowa State is returning 11 of its 22 starters from last year, roughly half the team. The reason why this game appealed to me is the fact that Kent State is 0-1 already and considering that this team had high expectations for this season, it would take a lot for this fairly veteran group to start the season 0-2. Having said that, Iowa State has plenty of revenge from last year's season opener when they won on the road by 9. The total has been steadily moving down as well, look for Kent State to play well today as this is a more vet team that comes off a loss and Iowa State comes off a big victory, albeit a Division II school, but still ranked in the top 20 in division schools, remember this is the same SDSU that beat Minnesotta recently - I wouldnt' be surprised to see Kent State either win outright as they have a great QB in Julian while Iowa State's QB job is a bit more up in there, I think Kent State likely will be in better sync today, wouldn't be surprised if they lose by a field goal either but still manage to cover
        Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

Working...