Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2012

WORLDS WORST PICKER

NCAABB
      Peabodys Super Picks: Villanova Georgia Tech
      Peabodys Regular Picks: Indiana Penn State Arkansas State Furman Chattanooga UAB

Play On: Marquette UNC
      Play On: Maryland Iowa Texas State E Tenn State Mercer Old Dominion

NCAAFB Bowls
      Peabodys Regular Picks: Southern Miss
      Play On: Tulane
      Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Or Cpaw Iws for Facebook &
      Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2012

Robert Ferringo

1-Unit Play. Take #609 N.C. State (-1) over Clemson (Noon, Saturday, Jan. 4)
        Clemson just lost a heartbreaker in overtime to Miami. I think N.C. State is even better, even without C.J. Bryce. The Wolfpack are lousy with good guards. And we are early enough in conference play where extra minutes for the starters isn't going to hurt this group. Clemson just hasn't come together and they simply haven't won enough games for me to expect them to beat any competent opponent.
        2-Unit Play. Take #630 DePaul (-2) over Providence (2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        I've been buying Providence all season long. And all season long they've done nothing but throw up on themselves. They hammered Georgetown their last time out after blowing out Texas the game before that. Are the Friars finally getting it going? We will see. Texas stinks and the Hoyas were playing without Mac McClung, so both of those wins have asterisks. Now the Friars are on the road against a solid DePaul team. The Blue Demons should've beat a really good Seton Hall tema the last time out. I think they will bounce back here.
        4-Unit Play. Take #636 Louisville (-6) over Florida State (2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        I'm not buying Florida State. They have a ton of athleticism and they are one of the deepest teams in the country. They are good. I get it. However, this team is young and I haven't see much top-end talent from them. They absolutely should not have covered the spread against Georgia Tech the last time out and I don't think they will hang with the Cardinals here. Last we saw Louisville, they were losing to Kentucky in overtime. They've had to sit on that loss for a full week. They are not going to be in the mood to mess around. FSU's size isn't going to bother a big, strong, experienced Cardinals team. And once Louisville gets the ball rolling down hill here in front of the home crowd I think FSU will crumble.
        1-Unit Play. Take #639 Northern Illinois (+8) over Buffalo (2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        The Bulls are still a very solid team with some outstanding guards. But they aren't nearly the juggernaut that they were last season. This is a lot of points for a conference games. Especially when the opponent has the best player on the floor in Eugene German. I think the Huskies will be able to hang around and keep this one competitive.
        1-Unit Play. Take #646 Penn State (-2.5) over Iowa (2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        These two teams have both played great and have been nice surprises in a deep Big Ten Conference. I think Penn State matches up well with the Hawkeyes. They have the size to hold their own against Luka Garza. And the Nittany Lions do a great job of defending inside the 3-point line. This is the best team that Iowa has faced yet. And they are doing it on the road and without Jordan Bohannon, who is out for the year. This will be the first game that they really miss him.
        1-Unit Play. Take #659 South Alabama (-1.5) over UL-Monroe (3 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        South Alabama absolutely should've covered against Louisiana last time out. They were up 10 with under five minutes to play so that three-point win was misleading. I suspect they will do the same against a weaker Monroe team and this time USA should hold its lead. This team starts five seniors and is one of the most experienced groups in the country. It took some time for them to find chemistry due to three transfers coming in, but over the last month they have beaten all the teams they were supposed to and lost to the teams they were supposed to. This is another game they should get and I think that they will.
        1-Unit Play. Take #671 UTEP (+1.5) over Florida Atlantic (4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        1-Unit Play. Take #677 East Tennessee State (+2) over Furman (4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        I am holding firm in my belief that East Tennessee State is the best team in the SoCon this year. They beat Wofford, but couldn't beat the number. I think that they are going to get another win here and move to 3-0 in league play to start the season. ETSU won at LSU this year while Furman does not have a win over any team that is currently in the Top 100.
        1-Unit Play. Take #693 James Madison (+10) over Charleston (4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        1-Unit Play. 5-POINT TEASER: Take #691 Notre Dame (+8) over Syracuse (4 p.m.) AND Take #632 Kentucky (-3) over Missouri (2 p.m.)
        4-Unit Play. Take #698 Mississippi State (+1.5) over Auburn (4:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        Auburn is undefeated this season mainly because they haven't played anyone. They have beaten some quality mid-major teams. But they have only played one game against a team from a power conference, and that was a six-point home win over N.C. State. Auburn is overrated. They have only played one true road game all season long, and that was a one-point win at South Alabama. I don't love Mississippi State. Bu they are certainly better than anything that the Tigers have faced this season and this is the first time all year that Auburn won't have a significant advantage in athleticism. I don't love Mississippi State in the long-term. But they do have some high-end talents and I think that this is a great spot for them.
        1-Unit Play. Take #699 SIU-Edwardsville (+12) over Tennessee State (5 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        Penny Collins is doing an outstanding job with this Tennessee State squad, and they have to be the biggest surprise in the OVC this year - by far. That said, it's tough to go from overachiever to dominator. And just because TSU is winning moer games than expected that still doesn't mean that they should be expected to cover monster spread like this. The Tigers barely beat an atrocious Chicago State squad (by six) and also let a really bad Cal Poly team hang around. In fact, discounting the two D-II blowouts, Tennessee State has just one win by more than 10 points and that was back in the opening game. SIU-Edwardsville is pretty awful. But they just pulled what will be the biggest upset in the OVC this year when they beat Belmont by 10 points. I don't think they have a second upset in them, but I do think that they can be competitive here.
        1-Unit Play. 5-POINT TEASER: Take #642 Harvard (-1) over UC-Irvine (2 p.m.)
        AND Take #720 Florida (-2.5) over Alabama (6 p.m.)
        1-Unit Play. Take #724 Boise State (+3.5) over Nevada (6 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        Boise State isn't very good on the road. But I just don't know that Nevada is any good, period. They aren't a bad team by any means. But there just isn't much to hang your hat on. Boise State has an extremely experienced bunch and they hae very good guard play. They have lost to Nevada six straight times. But the last two years those Wolfpack teams were absolutely stacked. And Boise State still almost won three of those four games, losing by six points or less. I think they can break through with a win here.
        3-Unit Play. Take #727 Georgia Tech (+7.5) over North Carolina (6 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        As presently constituted, I think it is a lot to ask for this UNC team to blow out a capable opponent. Georgia Tech is better than its record suggests. And the played much better than the final score looked against Florida State; that was a two-possession game with about seven minutes left. The Yellowjackets are much better now that Jose Alvarado is healthy. And the addition of transfer Jordan Usher makes them a little deeper as well. As long as loser Moses Wright doesn't do too many things to screw this up, I think that Tech will manage to keep this one competitive for the full 40.
        2-Unit Play. Take #731 UNC-Greensboro (+1) over Wofford (7 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        I still don't think that Wofford is any good. ETSU did not play well against the Terriers earlier this week. But I think that Greensboro will be much sharper and will get a key win over the defending champions here. Greensboro has won road games against really good teams like Vermont, Radford and Georgetown this year. If they can beat those teams away from home they can beat Wofford. The Terriers don't have a single impressive win this season and they have just two wins over teams ranked in the Top 300. Until I see them beat a legit opponent I am going to doubt that they can.
        2-Unit Play. Take #740 Florida International (-4.5) over UT-San Antonio (7 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        It was ridiculous that FIU didn't cover against UTEP their last time out. Besides blowing a 10-point lead, FIU was up two with six seconds left and the Miners elected not to foul. I think the Panthers will make up for that win-but-push with a win and a cover here against UT-SA. I like this San Antonio team in the underdog role because of its loaded backcourt. But these guys have been a mess all season and have not played well together. I don't know that FIU's press is going to overwhelm a team with good guards like the Roadrunners. But if this game gets going at a fast pace I know that UTSA doesn't play a lick of defense.
        3-Unit Play. Take #750 Northern Iowa (-7) over Bradley (8 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        I like this Bradley team. They are a solid, experienced group. However, this is a bad spot for them. Northern Iowa is coming off a sloppy loss to Illinois State on the road in their conference opener. I am absolutely banking on a bounce back effort there. Home court means absolutely everything in the Missouri Valley. And I don't know that anyone is going to beat this team in Cedar Falls this season. UNI has beaten South Carolina and Colorado away from home and they have an extra gear. Bradley lost leading scorer Elijah Childs to a hand injury. This is their first game away from home without him and I think it's going to make a big difference.
        2-Unit Play. Take #767 Arizona State (+11) over Arizona (9:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        The more I watch Arizona the less impressed I am. These guys have some solid young talent. But they still have some major holes as well. I don't know that they are this much better than Arizona State. The Sun Devils haven't played to their potential yet this year. But they have enough quality guards that I think that they can keep this one competitive and not get run out of the gym. Arizona State actually swept this series last year and they are 3-1 ATS in the last four meetings the past two years. The talent gap between these programs is a lot smaller than it was a few years ago and that should lead to a better game. If I knew if Romello White was definitely playing (he is 50-50 with an ankle injury) this would be a much bigger play.
        5-Unit Play. Take #774 Utah State (-2.5) over San Diego State (10 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        This line is a giant red flag. San Diego State is a Top 10 team right now, yet they are underdogs on the road. There are plenty of reasons for that. First, Utah State is absolutely legit. Second, Logan is one of the most difficult places in the country for opponents to win. From the rowdy crowd to the elevation, this place is no joke. Third, Utah State is coming off a complete no-show against UNLV, stunningly losing by 17 points. You can bet they will bounce back here with a much better effort. Fourth, Utah State is a lot bigger and is a much better rebounding team than the Aztecs. And that's even without Neemias Queta, who has been out with injuries. If Queta makes his return then this game is over. Especially because SDSU is going to be without two of its best big men because of injuries. Finally, I just don't think that the Aztecs are going to win at BYU and at Utah State in the same season. SDSU is 14-0, but they are due for a loss and everything has lined up here against them. Utah State should get an emotional win here.
        7-Unit Play. Take #775 St. Mary's (-8.5) over Pacific (10 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 4)
        Pacific is about as misleading of a 13-4 as you can possibly be. This team was lucky to beat Pepperdine its last time out and only did so because the Waves shot 28 percent from the field and 6-for-29 from 3-point range. They won't be as lucky in this one. St. Mary's looks like a team on a mission. They wrecked San Francisco on Thursday and they have played awesome in their last four games on road or neutral courts. Pacific has played one of the easiest schedule in the country and they are just 2-4 in their six games against teams ranked in the Top 200, including that lucky win at Pepperdine. St. Mary's is by far the best team that Pacific has faced to this point in the season. The Tigers played their last game without second-leading scorer Justin Moore. I don't know what the deal is with Moore, but if he doesn't play Pacific is screwed. He is their point guard, top assist man, and best shooter. Even if he does play, I don't think he'll make a big enough difference to close the talent gap between these two teams. St. Mary's has won their last five games at Pacific by double-digits. And the last time these two teams met (last February) St. Mary's won 58-32.
        2-Unit Play. 5-POINT TEASER: Take #636 Louisville (-1) over Florida State (2 p.m.) AND Take #775 St. Mary's (-3.5) over Pacific (10 p.m.)

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2012

Tim Doyle

KANSAS -10
          W. VIRGINIA @ KANSAS | 1/04 | 4:00 PM EST
          11:36 AM
          Why is the line so high? Because Vegas knows. The Mountaineers struggle from deep, and Kansas is tough down low. The Big 12 goes through Lawrence again.

7-5 IN LAST 12 CBB PICKS | +206
          PROVIDENCE +125
          PROVIDENCE @ DEPAUL | 1/04 | 2:00 PM EST
          11:33 AM
          DePaul has had an outstanding year, but a tough close home loss to Seton Hall makes me question where its head will be at today in Chicago. With an empty building and the buzz dying, the Friars take advantage. Providence money line (+125) is the play.

3-0 IN LAST 3 CBB ML PICKS | +365
          UNDER 127.5
          WYOMING @ COLORADO ST. | 1/04 | 1:00 PM EST
          11:29 AM
          Both of these teams struggle to score. Colorado State’s defense held Colorado to 56 points. This will be ugly, and I love it. Take the Under.

BRYANT -9
          F. DICKINSON @ BRYANT | 1/04 | 1:00 PM EST
          11:27 AM
          Bryant coach Jared Grasso is a star, and in Year 2 he has turned this program into the best team in the NEC. Lay the points with Bryant at home.

LSU PK
          LSU @ TENNESSEE | 1/04 | 12:00 PM EST
          11:24 AM
          Tennessee scored 48 in its last game, against Wisconsin. The Vols are in a bad way. I’d lay six points with LSU. Take the Tigers.

UNDER 134.5
          CREIGHTON @ BUTLER | 1/04 | 12:00 PM EST
          11:21 AM
          Butler locks up defensively, and Creighton doesn’t make too many mistakes on offense. This will be a low-scoring, grind-it-out affair. Take the Under.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2012

Al Demarco 15 dimer gonzaga -20.5

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2012

Daily Edge
              New England -4

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2012

LJP Score:

Buffalo = 1D

Houston = 0

OVER = 4OPEN

UNDER = 0

Top Sharp Consensus count:

SIDE is 2-0 Buffalo +3 (DNQ)

TOTAL is 1-0 OV42 (DNQ)

LJP Score:

Tennessee = 0

New England = 3OPEN

OVER = 0

UNDER = 2OPEN

SIDE is 2-2 (DNQ)

TOTAL is 1-0 UN44 (DNQ)

LJP Score:

Minnesota = 3OPEN

New Orleans = 0

OVER = 1OPEN

UNDER = 0

SIDE is 1-0 Minnesota +8 (DNQ)

TOTAL is 0-0 (DNQ)

LJP Score:

Seattle = 0

Philadelphia = 3OPEN

OVER = 2OPEN

UNDER = 0

SIDE is 0-0 (DNQ)

TOTAL is 1-1 (DNQ)

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2012

Maddux

NBA

10 Charlotte/Dallas under 216.5
                  10 Indiana/Atlanta over 221
                  10 Memphis/LA Clippers over 230
                  10 Golden State +3
                  10 New Orleans/Sacramento over 224.5

CBB

10 612 Eastern Michigan +4
                  10 669 Middle Tennessee +8
                  10 675 Georgia Southern +3
                  10 679 Mississippi +8
                  10 702 Utah +5.5
                  10 722 Drake -2
                  10 727 Georgia Tech +7.5
                  10 739 UTSA +5.5
                  10 754 Nebraska Omaha pick
                  10 759 Texas +9
                  10 763 Montana +7
                  10 766 SMU/Vanderbilt under 146
                  10 777 New Mexico State/Cal Baptist over 136

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2012

Executive
                    250%
                    Buffalo +2'
                    over Houston

250%
                    New England -4
                    over Tennessee

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2012

Tri Lambda

Under [141] Buffalo Bills vs. [142] Houston Texans

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2012

Marco CBB
                        4% Auburn

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2012

Miller locks

4:35 pm est nfl
                          buffalo bills vs. Houston texans

pick: Buffalo bills +2.5 (-102)

risk: 11 units bet now!

8:15 pm est nfl
                          tennessee titans vs. New england patriots

pick: New england patriots -4 (-109)

risk: 11 units bet now!

8:30 pm est nba
                          san antonio spurs vs. Milwaukee bucks

pick: San antonio spurs +12 (-105)

risk: 11 units

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2012

Cokin

UT Arlington Pk
                            Texas State -4
                            Old Dominion -5
                            Utah St -3
                            Montreal Canadiens ML

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Lexdeoh20189
                              • May 2019

WunderDog CBB Pick:

Game:
                              North Texas Mean Green (637) @ Marshall Thundering Herd (638)
                              Time: Saturday 01/04 2:00 PM Eastern
                              Pick: North Texas +5 (-108) at 5Dimes

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2012

charlie

bills over 43
                                ne-4.5
                                Texans-2.5