X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Can'tPickAWinner
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2012

Thursday 4-19-18 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Members post your personal plays in the various sports forums @ IWS and our betting trackers!

NFL
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...3-NFL-Football

College Football
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...-NCAA-Football

Baseball
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...57-ML-Baseball

College Basketball
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...CAA-Basketball

NBA
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...NBA-Basketball

NHL
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...?58-NHL-Hockey
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Or Cpaw Iws for Facebook &
    Twitter@cpawsports

• Can'tPickAWinner
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2012

Philadelphia 76ers vs. Miami Heat Preview and Predictions 04-19-2018

18th April 2018 by Gracenote
    following their first loss in over a month, the philadelphia 76ers - likely still without all-star center joel embiid - will try to take back homecourt advantage when they visit the miami heat for game 3 of their best-of-seven eastern conference first-round series. embiid has been sidelined with an orbital fracture for 10 games, including a 113-103 loss to the heat on monday that tied the series up at a game apiece, and he was listed as doubtful after practice wednesday.

embiid posted an instagram message before game 2 that strongly indicated his desire to return, indicating that he was being "babied" by the team staff, and he participated in portions of practice the next two days. "it's still moving forward," coach brett brown told reporters tuesday. "what i can say is there is a very unified effort with his representation and the people around him. with the people that did the operation, the doctors, with our medical staff, with the team, with me, the coaching staff. we're all doing this. there's a unified sort of spirit and line of communication." the sixers had no issues without their big man in a game 1 rout but they had no answers monday night for heat veteran dwyane wade, who scored 28 points on 11-of-16 shooting while moving into 10th place on the nba's career postseason scoring list with 3,910. "it's just in my dna," wade told the media of his vintage performance. "i love the stage."
    tv: 7 p.m. et, tnt, nbcs philadelphia, fs sun (miami)
    about the 76ers: after making 18-of-28 3-pointers in game 1, philadelphia was 7-of-36 in monday's loss, and rookie ben simmons - who rarely shoots from beyond the arc - led the way on the offensive end with 24 points. dario saric contributed 23 points while hitting 3-of-10 triples and is confident that whenever embiid returns the matchups will be very different. "when he comes back he'll be ready, and will kick their [butt]," saric told reporters. "i cannot wait for joel to come back and help us because we are a way better team with him."
    about the heat: james johnson averaged under nine minutes a game in his first 19 playoff contests with chicago, memphis and toronto, but he's making the most of his increased role with the heat this postseason. the veteran out of wake forest made all seven of his shots in game 2 and finished with 18 points, seven rebounds, five assists and three steals in 37 minutes, which matches his highest total in a regulation game all season. johnson, wade and goran dragic combined to make 26-of-37 shot attempts while their teammates were 14-of-45 in game 2.

buzzer beaters

1. johnson is 4-for-4 from beyond the arc in the series.

2. sixers pf ersan ilyasova notched a double-double in each of the first two games of the series and is averaging 15.5 points and 12.5 rebounds.

3. miami won both regular-season matchups at home by a total of 10 points.

prediction: 76ers 111, heat 108

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2012

Portland Trail Blazers vs. New Orleans Pelicans Preview and Predictions 04-19-2018

the new orleans pelicans are off to a resounding postseason start and aim to take a 3-0 series lead when they host the portland trail blazers on thursday. sixth-seeded new orleans won the opening two games of the western conference first-round matchup at portland and can take a commanding lead with another victory.

guard jrue holiday scored a career playoff-best 33 points in tuesday's 111-102 victory and coach alvin gentry cautioned his players not to get overly giddy following the contest. "we've still got to get two more wins, so we're not overly excited about anything," gentry told reporters. "we're playing against a really, really well-coached great team. ... that was our message to the team and actually that was their message to each other, that we hadn't done anything yet." portland star guard damian lillard was unable to get untracked in the first two games while coach terry stotts said his squad has to return serve by accumulating road wins. "we've got to win two games in new orleans, and hopefully it's the next two," stotts told reporters. "it's easy math - we've got to go and win two in new orleans, and i feel we're very capable of winning both games."
      tv: 9 p.m. et, nbatv, nbcs northwest (portland), fs new orleans
      about the trail blazers: lillard averaged 26.9 points during the regular season but has struggled in this series with a 17.5 average on 13-of-41 shooting. "coming into the playoffs, you know teams are going to lock in, and they're going to try and make the game hard for you," lillard told reporters. "and i give a lot of credit to them for executing their game plan but the opportunities i do get, i've just got to be better. it's as simple as that." starting center jusuf nurkic (leg) was limited to 15 minutes on tuesday and swingman even turner (toe) missed all six of his field-goal attempts in 20 scoreless minutes.
      about the pelicans: holiday averaged 27 points in the two games in portland and has thrived during the best of his five seasons in new orleans. injury issues and the situation in which his wife lauren, a former u.s. national soccer player, battled a brain tumor while pregnant that caused him to miss the start of the 2016-17 season created challenges for the 27-year-old. "my family's the most important thing to me, and with them being ok i can come back to the team freely and be able to help them out now," holiday told reporters. "it's been fun. i feel like my teammates and the organization definitely helped me out coming back from things with my family, and even the injuries, with being able to play and being able to perform at the peak i'm performing."
      buzzer beaters
      1. pelicans star pf anthony davis is averaging 28.5 points, 13.5 rebounds, three steals and two blocks in the series.

2. portland sf maurice harkless (knee) had 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting in 27 minutes in game 2 in his first action since march 25.

3. new orleans f nikola mirotic (ankle) vows he'll play thursday after being injured in game 2.

prediction: trail blazers 108, pelicans 106

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2012

Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs Preview and Predictions 04-19-2018

the san antonio spurs have their backs against the wall and badly need a victory when they host the golden state warriors on thursday. the spurs dropped the first two games of the best-of-seven series by an average of 18 points and hope to turn things around on the home floor.

seventh-seeded san antonio is having trouble matching up with the second-seeded warriors - not having star forward kawhi leonard (quadriceps) isn't helping matters - but the players insist they can still make it a series. "we're not going to roll over," power forward lamarcus aldridge told reporters. "we've got to take the mentality that we had (in game 2), trying to take the fight to them. ... i feel like it should be good for us going home, but we've got to take the same intensity from (monday) home with us." golden state's offense is clicking despite the absence of star guard stephen curry (knee) as the squad averaged 114.5 points over the first two games. shooting guard klay thompson is averaging 29 points in the series and kevin durant is contributing 28 per game.

tv: 9:30 p.m. et, tnt, nbcs bay area (golden state), fs southwest (san antonio)
        about the warriors: thompson is 10-of-14 from 3-point range in the series and 23-of-33 overall and coach steve kerr said part of thompson's sharpness is due to missing eight games in march with a broken right thumb. the thinking goes that thompson was able to rest the remainder of his body while the thumb was healing and is much fresher than he would typically be at this time of year. "any time you can take a few games off, unfortunately it hurts when you do, but in the long run, we try to play till june every season," thompson told reporters. "so i think it will help out in the long run."
        about the spurs: leonard is away from the team in new york rehabbing his injury and one of coach gregg popovich's comments about aldridge after game 2 seemed like at least a partial shot at the two-time all-star. "lamarcus has been a monster all year long," popovich told reporters. "he's led our team at both ends of the floor. he doesn't complain about a darned thing out on the court. he just plays through everything. i can't imagine being more proud of a player as far as playing through adversity and being there for his teammates night after night after night. he's been fantastic." aldridge had 34 points and 12 rebounds in game 2 after struggling to 14 points and two rebounds in the series opener.
        buzzer beaters

1. the warriors have won 10 of their past 11 games against the spurs, including a four-game sweep in last season's western conference finals.

2. san antonio was just 4-of-28 from 3-point range in game 2, while the warriors were 15-of-31.

3. golden state backup pf david west (ankle) is expected to be available for game 3.

prediction: warriors 109, spurs 104

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2012

Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Preview and Predictions 04-19-2018

almost left for dead after the first two games of their eastern conference first-round series, the toronto maple leafs have a chance to level the best-of-seven set when they host the boston bruins in game 4 on thursday night. the maple leafs absorbed a pair of beatings at boston's td garden by a combined 12-4 score, but reversed the momentum with a 4-2 home win on monday night.

with only four teams in history having come back from a 3-0 deficit to win a series, toronto coach mike babcock was keenly aware of the importance of winning game 3 and understands his team needs a similar performance thursday. "if we didn't have success, i thought we were probably going to be done," babcock said. "(now), you win one, you're in a best-of-three. we're set up real good that way. ... you still want to be in a better situation and be in the driver's seat. so it's important for us to even it up." the bruins did not exactly roll over monday at air canada centre, pouring 42 shots on goal, and acknowledged they didn't expect to steamroll the maple leafs at will the entire series. "you want to limit their chances, their opportunities as much as you can," boston defenseman charlie mcavoy said. "we've been able to do that. but they were going to break through at some point. fine, we get that game out of the way and get refocused and get ready for game 4."
          tv: 7 p.m. et, nbc sports network, nesn (boston), cbc, tvas (toronto)
          about the bruins: boston's top line of patrice bergeron, brad marchand and david pastrnak was all the rage in the opening two games, combining for a collective 20 points, but the unit was blanked in game 3. "clearly, it's going to give them some motivation and it should when you keep them off the scoresheet," bruins coach bruce cassidy said. "at the end of the day, i don't think it will bother them one bit, and in fact, they might bear down a little bit more." pastrnak, who had six points in game 2, has six goals and seven assists in seven meetings versus toronto this season.
          about the maple leafs: while boston's top line dominated the first two games, toronto's no. 1 unit was floundering by being held off the scoresheet, but star forward auston matthews provided the biggest moment for the maple leafs by netting the tiebreaking goal in game 3. "mats scoring that goal was a relief for him, but also a relief for our bench, the whole toronto fan base," forward mitch marner said. "that goal was massive for our team." frederik andersen allowed eight goals in four periods in the first two contests, but his 40 saves monday were his highest total since feb. 20.
          overtime
          1. marner had two assists monday to give him 13 points in seven games versus boston this season.

2. bruins rookie d matt grzelcyk is expected back in the lineup after sitting out game 3.

3. maple leafs f patrick marleau scored twice in game 3 to boost his playoff total to 70 goals, tying steve yzerman for 16th on the all-time list.

prediction: bruins 4, maple leafs 3

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2012

Washington Capitals vs. Columbus Blue Jackets Preview and Predictions 04-19-2018

fresh off their second straight overtime loss, alex ovechkin generated both headlines and raised eyebrows after declaring that the washington capitals would return to the district of columbia tied with the columbus blue jackets at two victories apiece in their eastern conference first-round series. halfway there after a double-overtime win, the visiting capitals look to make ovechkin's words ring true in game 4 on thursday.

ovechkin recorded his second straight two-point performance when he notched a pair of assists in his 100th career playoff game before lars eller ended tuesday's marathon after the puck caromed off him and into the net for a 3-2 win. "it was a real ugly ot-winner goal. i had a feeling it was going be one of those. it doesn't make the win less sweet," the 28-year-old eller told the washington post. or less sour for the blue jackets, who saw artemi panarin's eighth straight multi-point performance go by boards in the setback. the former calder trophy recipient scored and set up a goal in game 3 to give him seven points (two goals, five assists) in the series and 20 (four goals, 16 assists) in the eight-game stretch.
            tv: 7:30 p.m. et, usa, sportsnet, tvas2, nbcs washington, fs ohio (columbus)
            about the capitals: braden holtby earned his keep on tuesday with 33 saves, prompting coach barry trotz to declare the 2016 vezina trophy winner the starter the following day. "i don't think there's any doubt about that," trotz said of holtby, who answered a 1-5-2 mark with a gaudy 4.82 goals-against average and .854 save percentage from feb. 11-march 5 with a solid 5-1-0 record in his final six regular-season starts. holtby also rebounded after panarin's 2-on-1 goal early in the third period in game 3 to stop the final 17 shots he faced.
            about the blue jackets: cam atkinson joined defenseman seth jones with an assist on tuesday to extend their respective point streaks, with the former riding a 12-game stretch (10 goals, seven assists). jones logged a team-high 35:04 and panarin had over 31 1/2 minutes, prompting columbus coach john tortorella to give his team the day off from practice on wednesday with both teams working a staggering 47:24 of overtime in the series. "during playoffs, to me, it's not a physical fatigue; it's a mental fatigue - and that's what breaks you down physically," tortorella said on wednesday. "but if we're fatigued three games in, (expletive), we're just starting. it's a long game last night, and we've had a couple overtime games, but that's all part of this."
            overtime

1. washington c nicklas backstrom, who has five assists in the series and is riding a six-game point streak (two goals, nine assists) will skate in his 100th career nhl playoff game on thursday.

2. two-time vezina trophy winner g sergei bobrovsky owns a .925 save percentage after facing 133 shots in three contests of the series.

3. this series is the 22nd in nhl history that has featured at least three consecutive overtime games.

prediction: capitals 3, blue jackets 2

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2012

Handicapped by Rick Needham at Aqueduct

RACE #3 - AQUEDUCT - 2:18 PM EASTERN POST
              8.0 FURLONGS DIRT THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD MAIDEN SPECIAL WEIGHT $70.000.00 PURSE

#5 WEATHER WIZ
              #4 PROVEN RESERVES
              #2 BALLARD HIGH
              #1 PAWN IT BACK

#5 WEATHER WIZ qualifies as a TrackMaster PLUS "PowerPony," takes a class drop (-6), is the overall speed leader in this field and has hit the board in "POWER RUN FASHION" facing better company in each of his three career starts to date. Jockey Junior Alvarado and Trainer James Jerkens send him to the post ... they've hit the board with 51% of their entries saddled as a team to date. #4 PROVEN RESERVES, a first time starter, is out of the Flatter lineage, whose progeny have hit the board in 43% of more than 10,900 combined lifetime starts to date.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2012

F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Aqueduct
                Aqueduct - Race 9

Exacta, Trifecta (.50), Super (.10) Wagers

Maiden Claiming $25,000 • 6 Furlongs • Dirt • Ages 3 and up • CR: 57 • Purse: $33,000 • Post: 5:49P
                FOR MAIDENS, FILLIES AND MARES THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD FOALED IN NEW YORK STATE AND APPROVED BY THE NEW YORK STATE-BRED REGISTRY. THREE YEAR OLDS, 117 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $25,000.
                Contenders

Race Analysis
                P#
                Horse
                Morn
                Line

Accept
                Odds

Race Type: Basic Race. This race has a mixed pace scenario. Check on scratches of any of the Front-runners (to look for a lone Front-runner). * KEY ANGLES * BIG EXPENSE: Horse has a TrackMaster "+" designation or an "L" designation. YOU PROMISE: Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. OPUS UNO: Horse has a TrackMaster "+" designation or an "L" designation. SHE'SAKITTYKAT: Horse has a TrackMaster "+" designation or an "L" designation. I LIKE YOUR STYLE: Today is a sprint and the horse is carrying at least 120 lbs.
                BIG EXPENSE
                3/1

5/1
                YOU PROMISE
                20/1

7/1
                OPUS UNO
                5/1

7/1
                SHE'SAKITTYKAT
                10/1

7/1
                I LIKE YOUR STYLE
                7/2

9/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
                Line

Running Style

Good
                Class

Good
                Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
                Figure
                I LIKE YOUR STYLE

7/2
                Front-runner

PRINCESS RASHELLE

20/1
                Front-runner

BIG EXPENSE

3/1
                Stalker

OPUS UNO

5/1
                Alternator/Stalker

SHE'SAKITTYKAT

10/1
                Alternator/Stalker

YOU PROMISE

20/1
                Alternator/Stalker

TEQUILA SUNDAY

15/1
                Alternator/Stalker

CLASSY CARA

30/1
                Alternator/Non-contender

MARIE'S WARRIOR

30/1
                Alternator/Non-contender

Unknown Running Style: GLITTERFICATION (10/1) [Jockey: Franco Manuel - Trainer: Nevin Michelle], A TASTE OF GLORY (9/2) [Jockey: Ortiz Jr Irad - Trainer: Rodriguez Rudy R], LIA SHIVANI (15/1) [Jockey: Diaz Jr Hector Rafael - Trainer: Barrera III Osca

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2012

F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Camarero
                  Camarero - Race 5

Pick 3 (5-7) / Exacta / Trifecta / Quiniela / Superfecta / Daily Double 5-6

Maiden Claiming $4,000 • 7 Furlongs • Dirt • Ages 3 and up • CR: 45 • Purse: $6,000 • Post: 4:30P
                  FOR MAIDENS, THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD. THREE YEAR OLDS, 120 LBS.; OLDER, 122 LBS. ALLOWED 4 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $4,000.
                  Contenders

Race Analysis
                  P#
                  Horse
                  Morn
                  Line

Accept
                  Odds

Race Type: Paceless Race. There is no true early speed in this race. * KEY ANGLES * MI NINO AMADO: Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. PATRIARCA: Today is a sprint and the horse's last start was within the last ten days. WI LKO'S MISSILE: Horse has the highest average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. BOBSKAT: Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface.
                  MI NINO AMADO
                  5/2

6/1
                  PATRIARCA
                  10/1

6/1
                  MAGNIFICENT SWORD
                  15/1

7/1
                  WILKO'S MISSILE
                  3/1

7/1
                  BOBSKAT
                  10/1

9/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
                  Line

Running Style

Good
                  Class

Good
                  Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
                  Figure
                  GRANDPA NICO

7/2
                  Alternator/Stalker

MI NINO AMADO

5/2
                  Alternator/Stalker

WILKO'S MISSILE

3/1
                  Trailer

PATRIARCA

10/1
                  Trailer

BOBSKAT

10/1
                  Trailer

AERONAUTICO

2/1
                  Trailer

MAGNIFICENT SWORD

15/1
                  Alternator/Trailer

STRONG VIEWS

15/1
                  Alternator/Trailer

BLACK CHELSEY

10/1
                  Alternator/Non-contender

MALTESE TRIUMPH

10/1
                  Alternator/Non-contender

NEW PATRIOT

5/1
                  Alternator/Non-contender

COSMETICO

15/1
                  Alternator/Non-contender

MI HERMANO JULIAN

15/1
                  Alternator/Non-contender

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2012

Handicapped by The Walker Group at Evangeline Downs
                    Always check program numbers.
                    Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 9 - Maiden Claiming - 5.0f on the Dirt. Purse: $7500 Class Rating: 53

FOR MAIDENS, THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD. THREE YEAR OLDS, 118 LBS.; OLDER, 123 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $5,000.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
                    The Walker Group Picks

# 2 DEBDURITE 6/1

# 9 BE THE LIGHT 5/1

# 13 A HIGHER WAGER 6/1

DEBDURITE has a strong shot to take this race. The price might be right on this entrant. With a nice class rating average of 74, has one of the most respectable class advantages in this group of horses. BE THE LIGHT - This field is much softer than the last one he ran against. A HIGHER WAGER - This gelding has to be carefully examined just off the earnings per start in dirt sprint races alone.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2012

Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Hawthorne - Race #4 - Post: 4:34pm - Claiming - 8.3 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $8,000 Class Rating: 70

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#3 STARSHIP IMPULSE (ML=9/5)

STARSHIP IMPULSE - Have to make this mare a strong challenger; she comes off a nice race on Apr 7th. I'll forgive that last race on Apr 7th when she failed backers as the public choice. That race was pretty good for a $10,000 Claiming race and this mare's speed fig was solid. This horse is in the top spot in earnings per start (EPS). She looks good in today's race. That 77 fig this mare registered in her last event tells me she's a chief player this time out.

Vulnerable Contenders: #5 STREET SMARTY (ML=5/2), #2 PEPPERMINT ICE (ML=9/2), #4 LAKOTA ROSE (ML=6/1),

STREET SMARTY - 71/66/62, are the declining Equibase speed figures for this mount. This mare is always hitting the board, but just doesn't finish on top. Difficult to wager on her on the win end. PEPPERMINT ICE - Difficult to wager on any thoroughbred to turn things around if there is no large gain to taking the chance. LAKOTA ROSE - I'd like to see better recent efforts with morning line of 6/1. Could be tough for this horse to beat this bunch off of that last speed rating. Doubtful to improve enough to run a figure anywhere near today's Equibase class figure, so put her on the questionable challengers list.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
                      Bet on #3 STARSHIP IMPULSE to win if you can get at least 1/1 odds

EXACTA WAGERS:
                      Pass

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
                      Skip

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
                      Pass

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2012

Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Lone Star Park - Race #5 - Post: 8:27pm - Claiming - 5.5 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $11,500 Class Rating: 74

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#4 TIZ TOO MUCH (ML=5/2)
                        #10 MYBLENDOFWHISKY (ML=15/1)

TIZ TOO MUCH - This gelding likes to be near the lead. Today's race is a shorter distance and should promote his winning probability. Ran last time out against a better field at Oaklawn Park. The move down the class scale should suit him well. MYBLENDOFWHISKY - Sorenson and Pish perform well when they team up. It's hard to beat a +52 return on investment for a jockey and handler. Ranked number 1 in earnings per start. Another sign that this horse has the class to take this race.

Vulnerable Contenders: #11 NOTATION (ML=9/5), #5 VOX POPULI (ML=5/1), #2 BLUE NATIVE (ML=8/1),

NOTATION - This horse hasn't been around in either of his last two outings. VOX POPULI - A campaigner that breaks his maiden in a Maiden Claimer is usually recognized as a poor risk next time. When looking at today's class rating, he will have to garner a better speed rating than last time around the track to vie in this dirt sprint. BLUE NATIVE - Could be tough for this horse to beat this field off of that last speed rating. Unlikely to improve enough to run a figure close enough to today's Equibase class figure, so put him on the likely underlays list.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
                        #4 TIZ TOO MUCH to win at post-time odds of 9/5 or better

EXACTA WAGERS:
                        Box [4,10]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
                        4 with 10 with [5,9,11] Total Cost: $3

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
                        Skip

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2012

Handicapped by The Walker Group at Remington Park
                          Always check program numbers.
                          Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 9 - Claiming - 330y on the Dirt. Purse: $18100 Class Rating: 77

QUARTER HORSE 330Y, FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES. THREE YEAR OLDS, 124 LBS.; OLDER, 126 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $20,000.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
                          The Walker Group Picks

# 5 EYESA CANDY CHICK 5/2

# 7 WAVE POPPY WAVE 4/1

# 2 READS COUNTRY CHAMP 15/1

EYESA CANDY CHICK looks to be the bet in here. Trainer boasts very solid win figures at this distance and surface. Should compete soundly in the early pace contest which bodes well with this group. Could beat this field given the 76 Equibase Speed Figure recorded in her last outing. WAVE POPPY WAVE - With one of the best jockeys in terms of gains at the window, don't count this gelding out. Don't overlook this gelding in your bets - very dangerous with Triana aboard. READS COUNTRY CHAMP - He has been moving soundly lately while recording sharp Equibase speed figs. Looks to have a very good class edge based on the recent company kept.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2012

Baltimore Orioles vs. Detroit Tigers Preview and Predictions 04-19-2018

the detroit tigers answered a five-game losing streak and multiple rainouts with consecutive victories over the reeling baltimore orioles, who now have dropped five in a row themselves. the tigers look to follow up their four-homer performance as they vie for a three-game sweep of the visiting orioles on thursday afternoon.

dixon machado concluded the fireworks by leading off the ninth with a homer, capping a chaotic final two innings over which the teams combined for eight runs. miguel cabrera celebrated his 35th birthday with a solo shot, jeimer candelario went deep to highlight his second straight multi-hit performance and john hicks belted a three-run homer for detroit, which improved to 3-5 at home this season. baltimore has limped to a 3-9 mark away from camden yards and aims to avert a fruitless six-game road trip on thursday before preparing for a 10-game homestand. manny machado carries a six-game hitting streak during which he is 8-for-24 with four doubles and four rbis into thursday's contest versus jordan zimmermann, who is returning from the bruised right jaw he sustained in his last outing.
                            tv: 1:10 p.m. et, mlb network, masn (baltimore), fs detroit
                            pitching matchup: orioles rh alex cobb (0-1, 17.18 era) vs. tigers rh jordan zimmermann (0-0, 8.18)

signed to a four-year contract worth nearly $60 million last month, cobb followed up career highs in wins, games started and innings pitched in 2017 with a clunker out of the blocks. the 30-year-old was blitzed for eight runs and 10 hits - including two homers - in 3 2/3 frames at boston on saturday. cobb owns a 2-1 record and 2.41 era versus detroit, although victor martinez is 4-for-13 against him.
                            zimmermann required a few days for the swelling to go down after he was drilled with a comebacker by jason kipnis in the first inning against cleveland on april 11. "i saw it coming for a second and then i felt it and went down," the 31-year-old zimmermann told the detroit free press. "just felt that all my teeth were there. my jaw wasn't peeled in like it was the first time it happened (in college in 2007). i think i got lucky." chris davis (5-for-9) and adam jones (6-for-22) both have belted three homers versus zimmermann.
                            walk-offs

1. baltimore lf trey mancini has scored five times during his six-game hitting streak.

2. martinez is 7-for-17 with two doubles, a homer and three rbis in his last four contests.

3. jones is just 4-for-26 in his last seven games.

prediction: tigers 4, orioles 2

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2012

St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs Preview and Predictions 04-19-2018

Runs can be tough to come by at Wrigley Field this time of year - as have opportunities to play baseball - and that's bad news for a Chicago Cubs team that has struggled at the plate in the early going. After a third postponement in four days due to inclement weather, the Cubs face the tall task of getting their offense going against promising right-hander Luke Weaver when they wrap up an abbreviated two-game series against the visiting St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday afternoon.

The Cubs have recorded only one victory when scoring fewer than five runs and are averaging 1.75 in their eight losses compared to 8.7 in their seven wins. That includes a 5-3 defeat on Tuesday that pushed the Cardinals' winning streak to five games and snapped their five-game skid at Wrigley. St. Louis is expected to add more pop to its lineup with the recall of power-hitting outfielder Tyler O'Neill. Javier Baez registered three of the Cubs' six hits on Tuesday, and 10 of his 12 o the season have gone for extra bases while his 16 RBIs are twice as many as anyone else on the Cubs' roster.
                              TV: 2:20 p.m. ET, MLB Network, FS Midwest (St. Louis), ABC 7 (Chicago)
                              PITCHING MATCHUP: Cardinals RH Luke Weaver (2-0, 2.08 ERA) vs. Cubs LH Jon Lester (1-0, 4.40)

Weaver is showing why he was one of the top pitching prospects in baseball, as he has followed an outstanding spring with three strong starts to begin the regular season. The 24-year-old has allowed four runs over 17 1/3 innings and has struck out seven in each of his last two turns. Weaver is 0-1 with a 12.86 ERA in two career starts against the Cubs.
                              Lester is off to a bumpy start with one excellent outing sandwiched between two sub-par efforts. The 34-year-old allowed four runs and seven hits over five innings in a no-decision against Pittsburgh last time out, generating only 14 swinging strikes. Lester is 5-4 with a 2.30 ERA in 14 career starts against St. Louis.

WALK-OFFS

1. Cardinals CF Tommy Pham is 11-for-23 during his six-game hitting streak, but he's 3-for-14 lifetime versus Lester.

2. The Cubs have been hit by a pitch in seven straight games - the club's longest streak since at least 1908 - and lead the league with 17 hit batsmen this season.

3. St. Louis INF Matt Carpenter recorded two hits on Tuesday to snap a 1-for-14 skid, but he is 5-for-34 with 11 strikeouts against Lester in his career.

PREDICTION: Cardinals 4, Cubs 2

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

Working...