3-8-13

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Or Cpaw Iws for Facebook &
    Twitter@cpawsports

• Can'tPickAWinner
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2012

Hawks at Celtics: What bettors need to know

Atlanta Hawks at Boston Celtics (-4, 188)

The Boston Celtics have moved a season-high six games over .500 after winning four in a row, including a dramatic 83-81 victory at Indiana on Wednesday. Paul Pierce is dealing with a bone bruise on his left knee, but is expected to be in the lineup when the Celtics host the Atlanta Hawks on Friday. Atlanta and Boston are both battling for playoff position, with the Celtics holding the seventh spot and the Hawks in fifth. The teams split two games at Philips Arena earlier this season.

The Celtics are 13-4 since starting point guard Rajon Rondo suffered a season-ending knee injury, and their improved defense has been a key part of the surge. Against Indiana, the Celtics rallied from a 10-point, fourth-quarter deficit to win after Jeff Green scored with 0.5 seconds remaining. Atlanta, which has dropped two straight in Boston, snapped its three-game losing streak on Wednesday with a 107-96 victory over Philadelphia.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, ESPN, Comcast Sportsnet (Boston)

ABOUT THE HAWKS (34-26): Guard Jeff Teague scored a game-high 27 points and recorded his 1,000th career assist in the win over the 76ers, and he’s averaging 20 points while shooting 60 percent in two games against Boston this season. Forward Al Horford, averaging 23.7 points and 11.3 rebounds over the last 11 games, had 24 points and with 13 boards in a 123-111 double-overtime victory over the Celtics on Jan. 25. Forward Josh Smith has had recorded five straight regular season double-doubles against the Celtics while averaging 15.6 points, 11.6 rebounds and 5.4 assists during that stretch.

ABOUT THE CELTICS (33-27): Kevin Garnett, who had a team-high 18 points along with 10 rebounds against Indiana, led Boston with 24 points and 10 boards in the double-overtime loss at Atlanta in January. Guard Jordan Crawford, acquired from Washington at on Feb. 21, has been a valuable addition to the Celtics’ bench while allowing coach Doc Rivers to rest Avery Bradley and Pierce. Crawford is averaging five points in 13.3 minutes with Boston. Bradley, averaging 13.8 points over his last five games, scored a career-high 28 points against Atlanta last season.

TRENDS:

* Celtics are 7-1 ATS in their last eight home games.
    * Under is 5-1 in Celtics’ last six games following a win.
    * Under is 4-0 in Hawks’ last four road games.
    * Hawks are 5-1 ATS in their last six vs. NBA Atlantic foes.

BUZZER BEATERS:

1. The Hawks are 28-2 when leading after three quarters.

2. Boston is 18-4 when scoring at least 100 points.

3. Atlanta G Kyle Korver is shooting 46.1 percent from 3-point range to lead the NBA, and he’s made at least one 3-pointer in each of his last 53 games.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2012

Orlando Nothing but Magical as Double-Digit Dog

The Orlando Magic have just four wins in the 31 games since the calendar flipped over to 2013. They’ve managed to salvage a 12-19 ATS record in that span, keeping most NBA bettors at an arm’s length.

Orlando, however, has been nothing but magical when the odds are stacked against it the most – like Wednesday’s 97-96 loss to the Miami Heat. Oddsmakers tagged the Magic as 15.5-point road underdogs in South Beach, and Orlando would have snapped the Heat’s 15-game winning streak if not for a last-second layup from LeBron James.

That close loss marked the ninth time the Magic have been double-digit underdogs this season, a role in which the team has posted a profitable 8-1 record against the spread. Despite going 2-7 SU in those games, Orlando has only lost by an average of 6.4 points in those seven defeats.

Bettors should have a few opportunities to see the Magic as double-digit dogs on the upcoming schedule. Orlando hosts the Indiana Pacers Friday and oddsmakers have sent out a suggested spread of Indiana -8.5. That line could flirt with double figures, especially with the way the Pacers are playing, winning seven of their last nine.

Orlando has a home game with the Los Angeles Lakers on March 12, and hits the road to play the Oklahoma City Thunder, the Pacers and New York Knicks in the middle of the month. Following those games, the Magic host the Thunder and Heat on March 22 and 25.

For the season, Orlando is 17-45 SU and 27-34-1 ATS.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2012

Canada, USA Big Favorites at WBC Friday

Canada and the USA will take the field for the first time at the World Baseball Classic Friday. Canada opens against the Italians, who stunned Mexico 6-5 in Group D play Thursday, while the Americans square off with Mexico.

Here are the odds and a quick preview for both matchups:

Canada at Italy (+192, 9.5)

About Canada: The Canadians received both good and bad news this week. The good news: 2010 NL MVP Joey Votto (Reds) will suit up for the red and white. The first baseman batted .556 for Canada in the 2009 WBC and will surely be a force in the middle of the lineup. The bad news: Third baseman Brett Lawrie (Blue Jays) suffered a rib strain during an exhibition game against the Reds on Wednesday and will miss the entire Classic. Canada will send RHP Shawn Hill (Tigers) to the mound for its opener.

About Italy: The Italians ousted Canada from the competition in 2009 with a 6-2 victory and enter their second game in this year's WBC with a ton of momentum after pulling off a huge upset over Mexico Thursday. Italy received some major contributions from its MLB players in the victory. Anthony Rizzo (Cubs) hit a two-run double off Mexico closer Sergio Romo (Giants) in the ninth inning and Drew Butera (Twins) came through with a two-run blast in the fourth frame to tie the game at 4-4. Closer Jason Grilli (Pirates) escaped a bases-loaded jam in the bottom half to help Italy hold off a late Mexico rally, but exceeded his 30-pitch limit in the process to make him ineligible until Saturday.

Mexico at USA (-260, 9)

About Mexico: Yovani Gallardo (Brewers) has elected to start for his country despite nursing a groin injury. It’s important to note the hard-throwing righty tends to quickly burn through pitches, which could make Friday’s start a short one. WBC rules hold pitchers to a 65-pitch limit in the first round of the competition. First baseman Adrian Gonzalez (Dodgers) solidified his place as the team’s undisputed leader with a strong offensive performance in the opener. Gonzalez went 2-for-2 with 2 RBIs and two walks in the loss to Italy. Ex-MLBer Jorge Cantu also did his part, driving in three runs.

About USA: The Americans have something to prove this year after coming up short in the previous two WBCs. The 2006 club failed to get out of the second round and the 2009 version was eliminated by Japan in the semis. Mark Teixeira (Yankees) sustained a wrist injury Tuesday while hitting balls off a tee and has been replaced by Eric Hosmer (Royals). The United States will send knuckleballer R.A. Dickey (Blue Jays) to the mound against Mexico.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2012

Lawrence: Making the Final NCAA Cut

Get your dancing shoes ready. With just two weeks to go until the start of the 2013 NCAA Tournament, teams sitting on the outside looking in are now – more than ever – sweating their bubbles off.

For the legitimate teams who find themselves sitting ‘on the tournament bubble’, it’s now crunch time. And with it the pressure peaks. As Elvis so succinctly put it, “It’s now or never.”

With postseason conference tournaments now underway it’s truly last-gasp time for these teams to make one final impression on the NCAA tournament committee.

However, the truth of the matter is most teams’ fates are virtually sealed well before these conference tourneys tip off. Let me explain.

Unless teams own both a winning overall and winning conference record for the season the chance of being invited to the ‘dance’ is slim and remote. Teams who post 20 wins for the season often times find that unless they were a ‘double-winner’, the NCAA is likely to kick them to the curb.

The brain trust recognizes the fact that 20-win teams who ended the season non-winners in conference play likely picked up the bulk of the victories against inferior, non-conference competition and it just doesn’t cut the mustard in the panels’ eyes.

Witness Ole Miss and Mississippi State last season. Each 20-win teams at regular season’s end last year, it didn’t matter as they were left at the altar when the committee decided that 8-8 marks in SEC conference play was not a part of the Big Dance formula. FYI: just to prove the committee’s worth, both disappointed teams came up empty in opening round NIT home games when the Rebels laid 7 points and the Bulldogs 5.5 points, each losing the game straight-up on the scoreboard.

With this thought in mind, I present of group of six teams winding down the regular season from lined major conferences that currently have or maintain a mathematical shot at 20 wins this season, all of whom are all currently .500 or worse in conference play in games through March 7. They are:

ON THE BUBBLE

ACC: Maryland
          Atlantic 10: Charlotte
          Big East: Cincinnati
          BIG 10: Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota

Notice that any of the half-dozen teams outlined above could catch fire and win their conference tourney, thus automatically gaining a ticket to the Big Dance.

Their performance to date, however, says otherwise. Collectively, this unit has posted a sterling 75-10 SU and 34-25 ATS mark outside the conference this season. In conference play, though, they are just a combined 44-51 SU and 41-53-1 ATS. Worse, as a pick or favorite in conference games these wannabes are just 20-32-1 ATS this season, including 4-12 ATS versus a greater than .700 opponent.

Unless they suddenly change their ways – and I can't recall the last time a leopard changed its spots – it’s likely this six-pack will likely wilt under the pressure of having to win games from this point forward.

The heat is on. Let’s watch and see what shakes.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2012

Dave Essler CBB Friday Cliff Notes

Illinois State at Northern Iowa: The only way either of these teams are playing in the Big Dance is to win the MVC, which means beating Creighton and/or Witchita State. Odds are that's not going to happen. I do think one of those two teams gets beat, but not both. The fact of the matter is that Northern Iowa beat these guys twice this season, the last one being as recently as a week ago, and both teams come in on psuedo losing streaks. Illinois State's losses, although more, are a bit more tolerable since Northern Iowa lost a bracketbuster game at home to Denver and then lost to Southern Illinois. With that in mind, I'd have to think that Illinois State is in a better "place" here. NI certainly played the much stronger SOS pre-conference, but what this will be is a case of who's tempo gets played here on a neutral court. NI wants to walk and Illinois State wants to run. I don't like that NI is going to have to rely on three's not on their own floor, and they've been, at times, sloppy with the ball. Illinois State's defense is good enough to keep them in this game, and we love backing defensive teams that can shoot free throws, so I'd have to say that NI doesn't beat them a third time. The teams split last season and it was indeed Illinois State that knocked out NI in the first round, and my guess is that they do it again.

Rutgers at Seton Hall: This game means little or nothing to anyone other than the teams involved. Obviously Seton's last home game for it's Seniors, and what I did see that they played Rutgers in the season finale last season and Rutgers won the game in OT.That's some motivation for the home team, but without Mobley they are just not a good basketball team. They're simply going to rely on either Edwin or Cosby to make three's. Then we have Rutgers without their star, Eli Carter, so they're simply going to ask Myles Mack to take, and make, all the jump shots. But, for the most part, Rutgers is going to want to pound the ball inside and without Mobley, Seton really doesn't have enough length or depth to stop them. I hate to think of Seton Hall as a favorite, and that their win over Villanova was as much as 'Nova looking ahead (and of course being on the road) as it was a good effort by the Pirates. Rutgers did beat St. Johns on the road, but I'm not sure that we're going to get enough points here, and I just can't lay points with Seton Hall, although if you made me I'd have to go that way. I do think that the total might be a tad high, given that both teams tend to turn the ball over.

Kent State at Akron: Akron playing for the Tournament win and the auto-bid, and the last game at home. I would hope they aren't thinking TOO much about a potential game with Ohio, because Kent doesn't suck and we'll be catching a fair amount of points, and I'm sure Kent thinks they have a shot to win the MAC Tournament, and that might not be a bad bet. Surely you could find some reasonable odds on that. One thing that can't be overlooked here is that they lost to Akron three times last year, so the question becomes is it in Kent's heads, or can they look at this as one game. Kent's going to want to run and shoot, and I do like the fact that they don't turn it over a ton, and we love the fact that they get to the line much more than Akron. They did play Akron tough at home this year, losing by four, but I just don't see where they've got the horses for a road win in THIS game. However, not sure I can lay all those points. I could very easily use Akron in a ML parlay, and think that a total of about 140 might be a tad high, since Akron will do all they can to slow this game down.

Youngstown v/ Wright State: The Horizon league tournament is actually held at Valpo, so I'd look and see if either of these teams did anything special, good, bad, or indifferent, when they played there this season (or last). Wright just kicked the shit out of Youngstown at home to end the regular season last weekend, and actually didn't play that badly in a loss at Valpo, and does have some decent road wins, including at Detroit. Since Youngstown ended the season badly and really struggled to beat Loyola Chicgao at home the other night, I'd have to admit that given Wright's rest that they win this game. Surely all that will be factored into the line, which may be enough for me to CONSIDER the dog, if for no other reason than the fact that this should be a slow-paced and low scoring game. I know Wright's got a terrific defense, but it's been my experience that they are a much better team in their own gym. The fact that Youngstown can protect the ball gives me reason to think they can cover and/or win the game. I suppose if history repeats itself the lose, because last year they won the first round game and then got whacked by Detroit. Wright lost in the prelim to Butler, so I wonder if they have the experience of this environment, meaning I'd have to go with the not-so-popular underdog here.

Illinois-Chicago v.Wisconsin GB: UIC kicked the shit out of Cleveland State to get here, and perhaps the big take-away from that is that they're more rested than they might otherwise be. The teams split and played two close games this season, so UIC is not going to roll over here. GB played MW and handled them with relative ease, as you'd expect, to get this far. GB had been a play-on team for us and were when Valpo murdered them the last game of the season, and at home, so I'm just not sure they can be trusted here. UIC doesn't have nearly the size GB does, but most teams don't. However, they do have "enough" and have the more experienced team as well. On paper, this is GB's game to lose, but the game's not played on paper and they just have turned the ball over too much (23% of the time in Conference Play) for me to really like them here. UIC has a "reasonable" defense, and could stay in and/or actually win this game. They get to the FT line an absolute ton, and shoot well from it, so if they get the GB bigs in any sort of foul trouble, they can win. Alec Brown has not committed more than three personal fouls in a given game for about three weeks, which tells me he's perhaps a bit soft. The last time he DID have four, GB lost to Wright State. Crittle, the transfer from Central Florida via Oregon, is not soft. Whoever wins that battle wins the game, and whoever stays on the court longer wins the game. I do like Sykes a little better than Talton as a setup man, but probably not enough to make me lay those points. They played two close and very low scoring games, and in games that may not see 115-120 points, I just won't give possessions away.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2012

NBA

Hot Teams
              -- Pacers won seven of last nine games (7-2 last nine AF).
              -- Thunder won six of last seven games (2-7 last nine AF).
              -- Celtics won their last four games (5-1 last six HF).
              -- Cavaliers won five of last eight games (6-10 last 16 HU).
              -- Grizzlies won 10 of last 11 games (9-2 last 11 AF).
              -- Miami won its last 16 games (5-6 last 11 HF).
              -- Spurs won last three games, all by 18+ (6-3-1 last ten HF).
              -- Suns won three of their last four games (3-6 last nine HF).
              -- Lakers won six of their last eight games (5-7 last 12 HF).
              -- Golden State won its last four home games (3-5 last eight HF).

Cold Teams
              -- Magic lost eight of their last ten games (7-10 HU).
              -- Bobcats lost last eight games (2-7 last nine HU).
              -- Hawks lost three of their last four games (6-2 last eight AU).
              -- Nets lost four of their last six games (2-4-1 last seven HF). Wizards lost three of last four games (9-4 last thirteen AU).
              -- Detroit lost six of its last seven games (lost last four at home). Dallas lost four of last six games (9-2 vs spread last 11 on road).
              -- Utah lost five of last six games (6-15-1 AU). Bulls lost four of last six games (7-17 HF).
              -- 76ers lost 10 of last 11 games (2-5 last seven AU).
              -- Portland lost nine of last 12 games (1-6 last seven AU). Kings lost 11 of last 13 games (7-2 last nine HF).
              -- Raptors lost five of their last six games (7-3-1 last 11 AU).
              -- Rockets are 2-3 in last five games, with losses by 2-3-4 points (5-2 last seven AU).

Totals
              -- Four of last five Orlando games went over the total.
              -- Four of last five Charlotte games stayed under total.
              -- Four of last five Atlanta games stayed under total.
              -- Five of last seven Brooklyn games stayed under total.
              -- Five of last seven Memphis games stayed under total.
              -- Five of last six Dallas games stayed under the total.
              -- Seven of last ten Utah games went over the total.
              -- Last three Miami games stayed under the total.
              -- Seven of last ten Portland games went over the total.
              -- Over is 10-2-1 in last 13 Sacramento games. Four of last five Phoenix games stayed under the total.
              -- Seven of last nine Laker games went over the total.
              -- Four of last five Houston road games stayed under total.

Back-to-backs
              -- Thunder is 3-4 vs spread on road if they played night before.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2012

CBB

-- Seton Hall lost 14 of last 16 games, losing 57-55 (+4) at Rutgers Feb 12, in brickfest that Pirates never led. Scarlet Knights won four of last six series, all decided by 6 or less points; they won last two visits here, by 6-5 points; they're 5-3 as Big East road underdogs. Seton Hall is 2-6 at home in conference, 1-1 vs spread as Big East favorite. Big East home favorites of 5 or less points are 9-19 against the spread.
                -- Akron's star PG Abreu is in jail (multilple drug charges) huge blow for 24-5 Zips, who beat Kent State 71-67 (-3.5) Jan 19, game they trailed in second half by 10. Akron won last five series games, won last three here by 14-3-9 points- they lost first MAC game last week, are 3-4 as home favorites, winning five of seven home wins by 12+. Kent won six of last seven games, covered two of three tries as a MAC road underdog.
                -- Home side won both Indiana State-Evansville games this year, with Aces' 84-68 win six days ago their first in last five series games. ISU hit 52%+ inside arc in both games; they're 9-7 in this event last eight years, winning at least one game all eight years. Aces won their last four games overall, are 1-5 in last five MVC tourneys. Sycamores lost five of last six games, with only win by point over Iona in Bracket Busters.
                -- Streaky Illinois State went 0-6/7-1/1-4 in its last 19 games; they lost twice to Northern Iowa this year, by 10-8 points, despite making 60%+ inside arc in both games- Redbirds lost 10 of last 12 series games- they're 7-5 in this event last five years, but lost in finals three times. UNI is 7-2 in last nine games; they were 17-40 from arc vs ISU this year, but lost in first MVC tourney game the last two years.

-- Home side won last four Wright State-Youngstown games; Raiders are 17-3 in last 20 series games after winning 72-45 at home six nights ago in Dayton. Winning team shot 60%+ in both meetings, with YSU blocking 14 shots in two games. Penguins are 2-8 in this event last nine years; Wright is 7-5 last six years. YSU is 3-6 in last nine games, Wright 2-3 in last five- they're 4-5 vs spread as a Horizon favorite this season.
                -- Home side won both UIC-Green Bay games this year, with losing side holding lead in last 5:00 both games; Phoenix won 11 of last 15 in series, winning three of last four- they're 4-2 in last six games, winning three of last four on road. Green Bay is 1-5 in this event last five years, Flames 0-4 in last four. UIC lost six of last eight games, scoring 60.4 ppg in last five. Green Bay is 6-4 vs spread as a Horizon favorite this season.
                -- Florida Atlantic beat Troy twice this year, by 7-21 points; they're 5-1 in last six series games, Owls won last two games, by 14-17, after losing eight of previous 10 games; they're 3-3 as Sun Belt favorites. Trojans lost last five games, covering one of last five as a dog after going 8-2 in first 10 tries as Sun Belt dog. Troy is 2-6 in this event last six years (lost in '10 final), FAU is 0-4 in Sun Belt tourney last four years.
                -- UL-Lafayette beat North Texas twice this year, 80-76 (+8.5) on road, then 105-74 (-1.5) Jan 31, outscoring UNT 37-17 in last 10:00 of game. Cajuns won five of last six series games, with 65-62 loss to Mean Green in this event LY- they're 0-5 in Sun Belt tourney last six years. UNT has won this tourney twice in last six years (10-4)- they're 4-2 last six games overall, 4-5 vs spread as favorite. ULL is 2-8 as a Sun Belt underdog.
                -- Wofford beat Georgia Southern twice this year, 71-53 (-9.5) at home Jan 12, 53-47 (even) on road Feb 21; Terriers won SoCon tourney twice in last three years, but lost in first round five of last six years, other than those two years. GSU is 1-5 in this event last five years. Wofford won three of last four games after 4-10 start in SoCon; they're 4-7 as favorite in league. Eagles covered six of last eight games as an underdog.

-- Samford is 14-1-1 vs spread in last 16 games, covering last three tries as a favorite. Furman lost its last ten games, going 0-6 vs spread in last six, with all six losses by 11+ points; Paladins (-1) lost 64-53 to Samford at home on Feb 16, but they've beaten Bulldogs in last two years in this tourney, as Samford lost in first round last three years. Furman is 6-8 against the spread as a SoCon underdog (0-5 in last five tries).
                -- NC-Greensboro beat Chattanooga twice this year, 77-69 (-5.5) Jan 27 at home, then 94-68 (+2.5) Feb 21; Spartans lost six of last seven games, are 1-5 vs spread in last six games as favorite. UNCG won first game in this event six of last eight years; Mocs lost first game last two tourneys, after going 9-7 in previous nine tourneys, winning it twice. UTC is 5-6 as a SoCon underdog- they're 4-3 SU in their last seven games.
                -- Road team won both Siena-Marist games this year; Saints (+4) won by 4 in McCann Center Jan 27, then lost 76-74 at home to Red Foxes a week ago tonight (-7). Siena won 11 of last 13 games vs Marist, but they lost last seven games overall (0-4-1 vs spread last five). Saints won first tourney game last six years, Marist six of last seven years. Foxes are 4-2 in last six games (5-0-1 vs spread); they're 1-1-1 as MAAC favorites.
                -- St Peter's lost last four games, scoring 60.5 ppg; they covered four of last 14 tries as an underdog. Fairfield is 2-3 in last five games; they beat Peacocks twice this season, 61-54 (-7.5) on road Jan 27, 61-44 (-13) at home eight nites later; Stags are 6-4 in this event last four years, but have not won it; Peacocks won tourney two years ago, lost in first round last five times otherwise. Fairfield lost a hideous 34-31 game last week.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2012

NHL

Hot teams
                  -- Rangers won last four games, allowing six goals.
                  -- Winnipeg won six of its last nine games.
                  -- Chicago is 21-0-3, 7-3 in OT/SO.
                  -- Anaheim won its last nine home games. Flames won four of last six games, but lost last three on road.

Cold teams
                  -- Ottawa lost its last four games, all by one goal.
                  -- Panthers lost six of their last eight games.
                  -- Nashville lost five of last six games. Oilers lost last four games, outscored 15-7.
                  -- Avalanche lost six of their last seven games.

Totals
                  -- Under is 5-2-2 in last nine Ranger games.
                  -- Last four Winnipeg games stayed under the total.
                  -- Four of last five Edmonton games went over the total.
                  -- Eight of 12 Chicago road games stayed under the total.
                  -- Over is 3-1-1 in last five Calgary games.

Series records
                  -- Senators won five of last six visits to Manhattan.
                  -- Jets lost three of last four visits to Miami.
                  -- Oilers won five of last seven games with Nashville.
                  -- Avalanche won three of last four games with Chicago.
                  -- Ducks won six of last eight games against Calgary.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2012

DCI College Basketball
                    The Daniel Curry Index

03/08/13 Predictions

Season
                    Straight Up: 3596-1223 (.746)
                    ATS: 1677-1703 (.496)
                    ATS Vary Units: 4771-5071 (.485)
                    Over/Under: 473-438 (.519)
                    Over/Under Vary Units: 520-512 (.504)

Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament
                    Semifinals at University Center, Macon, GA
                    Florida Gulf Coast 74, Stetson 71
                    MERCER 72, USC Upstate 56

Horizon League Tournament

2nd Round at Athletics-Recreation Center, Valparaiso, IN
                    Green Bay 63, Uic 58
                    Wright State 65, Youngstown State 59

Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tournament

1st Round at MassMutual Center, Springfield, MA
                    Fairfield 59, Saint Peter's 51
                    Marist 72, Siena 65

Missouri Valley Conference Tournament

Quarterfinals at Scottrade Center, St. Louis, MO
                    Creighton 78, Drake 70
                    Evansville 70, Indiana State 63
                    Northern Iowa vs. Illinois State: TOO CLOSE TO CALL
                    Wichita State 65, Missouri State 58

Ohio Valley Conference Tournament

Semifinals at Nashville Municipal Auditorium, Nashville, TN
                    Belmont 81, Tennessee State 71
                    Eastern Kentucky 74, Murray State 70

Southern Conference Tournament

1st Round at U.S. Cellular Center, Asheville, NC
                    Chattanooga 77, UNC Greensboro 74
                    Samford 68, Furman 56
                    Western Carolina 73, The Citadel 67
                    Wofford 59, Georgia Southern 53

Sun Belt Conference Tournament

1st Round at Convention Center Court, Hot Springs, AR
                    North Texas 73, UL Lafayette 70
                    1st Round at Summit Arena, Hot Springs, AR
                    Florida Atlantic 64, Troy 61
                    Western Kentucky 75, Ulm 61

West Coast Conference Tournament

3rd Round at Orleans Arena, Las Vegas, NV
                    Byu 77, San Diego 66
                    Santa Clara 71, Loyola Marymount 64

Big East Conference

SETON HALL 65, Rutgers 61

Ivy League

BROWN 63, Penn 58
                    Cornell vs. DARTMOUTH: TOO CLOSE TO CALL
                    HARVARD 68, Columbia 52
                    Princeton 63, YALE 58

Mid-American Conference

AKRON 75, Kent State 65
                    BALL STATE 69, Northern Illinois 50
                    BOWLING GREEN 66, Buffalo 64
                    EASTERN MICHIGAN 59, Toledo 55
                    OHIO 78, Miami (Ohio) 59
                    WESTERN MICHIGAN 74, Central Michigan 63

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2012

DCI Pro Basketball
                      The Daniel Curry Index

03/08/13 Predictions

Season
                      Straight Up: 592-287 (.673)
                      ATS: 469-432 (.521)
                      ATS Vary Units: 1209-1093 (.525)
                      Over/Under: 460-441 (.511)
                      Over/Under Vary Units: 642-581 (.525)

Oklahoma City 111, CHARLOTTE 93
                      Indiana 98, ORLANDO 89
                      BOSTON 97, Atlanta 92
                      BROOKLYN 95, Washington 90
                      Dallas 101, DETROIT 99
                      Memphis 96, CLEVELAND 93
                      MIAMI 104, Philadelphia 86
                      CHICAGO 97, Utah 91
                      SAN ANTONIO 110, Portland 94
                      SACRAMENTO 105, Phoenix 102
                      L.A. LAKERS 106, Toronto 98
                      GOLDEN STATE 110, Houston 109

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2012

DCI Pro Hockey
                        The Daniel Curry Index

03/08/13 Predictions

Season: 125-87 (.590)

N.Y. RANGERS 3, Ottawa 2
                        Winnipeg vs. FLORIDA: TOO CLOSE TO CALL
                        NASHVILLE 3, Edmonton 2
                        Chicago 3, COLORADO 2
                        ANAHEIM 4, Calgary 2

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2012

Mighty Quinn

Mighty missed with Southern Illinois (-1 1/2) Thursday.

Friday it’s Akron. The surplus is 75 sirignanos.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2012

Gamblers Data

Free Play Friday

Pacers -9

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2012

Hockey Crusher
                              Anaheim Ducks -150 over Calgary Flames
                              (System Record: 27-1, lost last game)
                              Overall Record: 27-18

Basketball Crusher
                              Louisiana-Lafayette +2.5 over North Texas
                              (System Record: 70-4, won last 2 games and a push)
                              Overall Record: 70-50-3

Soccer Crusher
                              Independiente + Godoy Cruz OVER 2 This match is happening in Argentina
                              (System Record: 368-14, won last game)
                              Overall Record: 368-318-43

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

Working...