UFC 135 in Denver

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

I'm thinking a Rothwell-Boetsch-Mizugaki parlay may be in order.
    I heart cock

Comment

• poopoo333
      MMA *********
      • Jan 2010

Already parlayed Diaz and Rothwell

Comment

• MMA_scientist
        • Nov 2009

Jones/Rampage- nothing needs to be said here, we all know about this one.

Diaz/Gomi- I think Gomi has a chance here, Nate has been dropped by lesser strikers and Gomi can probably force a standup fight. That said, Gomi got outstruck by Clay Guida... so I have to think Diaz will win this with volume punching.

Browne/Broughton- I don't see why Browne is such a favorite. Broughton won his first UFC fight by stoppage. He trains with a good camp and appears to be well rounded, with decent wrestling, submissions, and power. He has 7 TKO's and 5 submissions (coming from both the top and bottom). Browne may be the bigger more powerful man and that means a lot for HW's. I get why he is favored, having beaten better guys and being undefeated, but I think the line is off personally. I don't think Struve is that good and Browne's win over him is making his line steep. He will probably win by first round KO though- that's what always happens when I think the line is not justified.

Koscheck/Hughes- Koscheck does everything better than Hughes at this point, Hughes' only chance is to fluke out IMO.

Rothwell/Hunt- I like Rothwell here. Hnt has the big punch but that is pretty much it. Rothewell is a tough durable guy and I think he will get a takedown and pound Hunt out.

Te Huna/Romero- TeHuna is the more well rounded guy and much more powerful guy. Romero is pretty much a bjj guy only. He can stand a little, but he is slow and his punches are weak. Romero has to get this down. If he does, he has a good chance, Te Huna has been subbed 5 times. Romero's only loss is the blitz KO from Kingsbury. He did get Petruzelli down and submity him, so I think he has a good chance of dragging Te Huna down too. Gun to head: Te Huna.

Riley/Ferguson- Ferguson is a wrestler with decent boxing. Riley is the guy they bring in to get their TUF guys an easy but credible win (since Riley is well respected). Riley is a vet with well rounded skills, but his only out is landing a death blow IMO. Ferguson might have trouble standing with him since Riley likes to brawl, but I think Ferguson throws straigter and faster. I got Ferg winning.

Ring/Boetch- Boetch might be a beast at 185. I think he is getting a little bit too much credit for his beat down of Grove- at the time Grove was saying he was going to retire. Ring did not look that good to me on TUF and Fukuda beat him. Boetch should be able to get a takedown and Ring doesn't pack a lot of power. Boetch wins.

Assuncao/Yagin- Assuncao is a good middle of the road FW. He has a good bjj game and decent aggressive striking. Yagin is the guy that submitted Joe Soto in his last fight. Aside from that win, he has not done anything special. I really don't know enough about Yagin, but my guess is that he gets hustled on the mat by Junior.

Escovedo/Miz- Cole is long and lean with a tricky guard. Miz is stocky and powerful and impossible to submit. I think they will probably engage in a kickboxing match, but MIz could win by getting some takedowns. I think Mizugaki will win, but it is close.

As for bets, I am thinking about Boetch and Kos/Ferguson parlay.
        2012: +19.33
        2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• MMA_scientist
          • Nov 2009

After consideration, I think Ferguson's line is too steep.
          2012: +19.33
          2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• sbjj
            • May 2010

If I remember correctly. Last time they had a card in CO. half the fighters gassed out bad. Might think twice on betting anyone whose conditioning might be questionable.

Comment

• poopoo333
              MMA *********
              • Jan 2010

Any magic parlays in mind?

Comment

• poopoo333
                MMA *********
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sbjj
                If I remember correctly. Last time they had a card in CO. half the fighters gassed out bad. Might think twice on betting anyone whose conditioning might be questionable.

I don't remember any gassing

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                  215 Hustler
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by poopoo333
                  inb4Verasabum
                  Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• sbjj
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by poopoo333
                    My bad, it was the event before that. Lauzon-Florian. Where a bunch gassed, and Rogan was even commenting on the altitude in CO. Vera-Jones had a bunch of quick finishes.

Comment

• poopoo333
                      MMA *********
                      • Jan 2010

Rampage, Broughton and Te Huna are all training at the MusclePharm center in Colorado btw

Comment

• sbjj
                        • May 2010

Is Hughes even taking this shit serious anymore? I know he is training with Pat and BJ. But God, he sounds like he has already decided to basically leave the sport. What are the chances as soon as he gets hit, he says F it and just gives up. He just does not seem like he is in the frame of mind to take a beating. I think mentally he already believes he will lose this fight.

Comment

• Luke
                          10 year vet
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by IWS Zak
                          inb4Verasabum
                          BOL............
                          2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• poopoo333
                            MMA *********
                            • Jan 2010

Do you guys think Gomi's only shot is the KO? Or do you think he can win a decision?

Comment

• poopoo333
                              MMA *********
                              • Jan 2010

Comment

• poopoo333
                                MMA *********
                                • Jan 2010

hmm...I think we should all give a wiseman special a try this card. I think that there is a good chance almost all the favorites win tbh. Except Mizugaki

Comment

Working...