Ufc 130

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MMA_scientist
    • Nov 2009

Story is getting no respect AGAIN. I will take Story at that line. Going to let the Mir/Nelson line flush out, I think I can get better odds on Nelson in a fight I see as a coin flip.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• poopoo333
      MMA *********
      • Jan 2010

I am not sure how to look at Nelson/Mir.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by poopoo333
        I am not sure how to look at Nelson/Mir.
        I think the grappling is about even, but Roy will probably take top position with his commitment to top position. Mir is more willing to work off his back, and I don't this he will catch Roy, but he definitely COULD. Standup, I think it is close to even, edge to Mir. I see it as a true toss up.

Mir struggles with guys that can actually grapple. Pe De Pano, Vera, Lesnar, Carwin... he did beat Nog. I also think Roy's superior cardio might help him.
        Last edited by MMA_scientist; 02-24-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
          215 Hustler
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
          I think the grappling is about even, but Roy will probably take top position with his commitment to top position. Mir is more willing to work off his back, and I don't this he will catch Roy, but he definitely COULD. Standup, I think it is close to even, edge to Mir. I see it as a true toss up.

Mir struggles with guys that can actually grapple. Pe De Pano, Vera, Lesnar, Carwin... he did beat Nog. I also think Roy's superior cardio might help him.
          IIRC, (and I know this was years ago) but Mir was schooling Nelson at that NAGA event for the first few minutes, but like usual, he gassed out. Ill have to look at it again to be sure.
          Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• Mr. IWS
            215 Hustler
            • Sep 2006

Comment

• Mr. IWS
              215 Hustler
              • Sep 2006

^^^^^^^^When Mir hit that escape at around the 5:58 mark, that was about it for him. LOL at that lazy shot when they were both standing.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by IWS Zak
                ^^^^^^^^When Mir hit that escape at around the 5:58 mark, that was about it for him. LOL at that lazy shot when they were both standing.
                lol, you think you posted the vid don't you?

Mir hits a lateral drop to go up 2-0, then MAYBE gets another 2 for a guard pass ( it is not clear that Roy ever re-establishes guard) ... but then he gets swept making it 4-2, then he taken down making it 4-4. Then Mir gasses out and Roy scores a couple more times. But Mir had a bunch of advantages for his submission attempts. I look at it 2 ways, if Mir didn't get the throw right away, he might have gotten shut out entirely because all his points came off of that. But on the flip side, had he thrown Roy like that in MMA, he probably would have pounded him out or gotten the submission.

Roy has definitely gotten bigger and stronger since that vid though, so I don't know that Mir is going to be throwing him again. But then again, Mir was close on a couple of armbars and had been in a mean mood, he might have just broke some shit off.

Comment

• Luke
                  10 year vet
                  • Oct 2006

Not really. Lots of places had this reported. Even bodog put odds up for the fight lol.

Luke, imo there is no fucking way Rampage will be -200
                  -235 isnt far off -200 , you acted like I was on a completely different planet and the line was going to be -500
                  2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• poopoo333
                    MMA *********
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Luke
                    -235 isnt far off -200 , you acted like I was on a completely different planet and the line was going to be -500
                    Opened at -260. I knew you were gonna say something lol. I figured it would have opened at like -285

Comment

• Luke
                      10 year vet
                      • Oct 2006

Opened at -260. I knew you were gonna say something lol. I figured it would have opened at like -285

I didnt mean just you or anything by it,you guys had me thinking I was crazy for thinking it was going to be low lol
                      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• edman5555
                        • Apr 2010

I think Rampage should win but I wouldn't underestimate Hamil. He has very good wrestling and he is strong as an ox.
                        1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• Svino
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by edman5555
                          I think Rampage should win but I wouldn't underestimate Hamil. He has very good wrestling and he is strong as an ox.
                          I agree. I might bet Hamill at the current odds. Compare their striking vs. Jardine, for example. And the fact that Rampage had some problems with Evans' wrestling.

Comment

• edman5555
                            • Apr 2010

Yeah Hamill is not that bad at all. He was a three time D3 national champion.
                            1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• Luke
                              10 year vet
                              • Oct 2006

Miguel Torres vs. Brad Pickett official for May's UFC 130 in Las Vegas http://t.co/Gu8sLS6
                              2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• poopoo333
                                MMA *********
                                • Jan 2010

How do you guys feel about the Edgar/Maynard rematch? I think Edgar is going to win.

Comment

Working...