2011 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luke
    10 year vet
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mr. IWS
    Double "Bulz" Score

+1

bolz
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Luke
      10 year vet
      • Oct 2006

I used to feel the same way about it, but since I got one, It has been really cool catching up with my sister and my cousins. I havent really talked to any of them much over the last 10-15 years.

My family annoys the shit out of me
      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
        • Aug 2009

Watching UFC 7 right now. Will update with my observations as I go:

1. Don "The Dragon" Wilson as a commentator. Interesting. I'm tempted to say BOL but he was actually a legit kickboxer back in the day.
        2. Michael Buffer's announcing? Really?
        3. Paul Varelans is a big motherfucker.
        4. I didn't realize Harold Howard was in this shit. I thought he quit after losing to Jennum.
        5. Harold Howard taps to nothing, seemingly, but a few punches. Gay.
        6. No standups and no rounds basically make it a different sport.
        7. Marco Ruas's age is listed as "???". What the fuck?
        8. Remco Pardoel literally taps to nothing. Not sure why.
        9. Marco Ruas seems like a cool guy.
        10. Upon further reflection, Pardoel taps immediately when Ruas gets full mount. So I guess he was either like, "I'm not okay with this guy's balls rubbing against my chest" or "I'm not okay with the fact that this dude is about to punch me hard in the face."
        11. Tank's getting interviewed. Can't believe how young he looks. Dude looks like shit now.
        12. Guess I was wrong about the standups. It hasn't happened but the announcers keep mentioning it.
        13. Shamrock beats Taktarov's ass and gets a draw. BOL.
        14. Early UFCs . . . when grabbing the cage was strategic.
        15. Ruas vs Varelans is one of the most interesting fights I've ever seen. The earliest example in the org of victory by leg kicks? Also, I'll say it again, Varelans is a gigantic motherfucker. I'm always delighted to see skill defeat size.

This now concludes my broadcast.

THE END
        Last edited by SPX; 12-08-2011, 02:38 AM.
        I heart cock

Comment

• Svino
          • Mar 2010

The thing I loved about Remco was his completely nonchalant attitude. He never considered himself some ultimate Bushido Warrior of Legend, worried about his honor or reputation. He carried himself like just some random guy who decided to participate in a no holds barred cage-fighting tournament because he didn't have anything better to do that weekend and it seemed like it would be fun. He would probably just tap out if he wasn't enjoying it anymore. Yet compared to the competition at the time, he was actually pretty good anyway.

Comment

• SPX
            • Aug 2009

Yeah, I would say that seems accurate. I actually found him to be a mildly disgusting human being. For one, he was clearly overweight. For another, his striking was basically the worst it could possibly be. When he tried to strike someone it was like a girl in a cat fight. But I will agree that his grappling skills were pretty solid. He really didn't have a problem tapping when shit wasn't going his way, though.
            I heart cock

Comment

• poopoo333
              MMA *********
              • Jan 2010

UFC to announce new 125-pound flyweight class this weekend

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                215 Hustler
                • Sep 2006

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• SPX
                  • Aug 2009

I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                    • Nov 2009

Not interested in 125ers at all. There just arent enough grown men that weight 125 to fill out a competive division. Hate to see main card spots for normal sized humans go these tiny freaks.
                    2012: +19.33
                    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

. . . I'm still not getting how size should really matter. If they put on good fights, who cares how big they are?
                      I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                        • Nov 2009

talent pool is too shallow, same issue I have with women's mma. It is "exciting" watching a bar brawl too... I just don't want to pay to see the only 10 grown men in the country that weight 125 pounds fighting.

126 is the lowest weight class in NCAA wrestling too, and the reigning champion only has one leg. There are so few 19 year olds that weigh 126, they have to special olympics guys to fill out the brackets.
                        Last edited by MMA_scientist; 12-08-2011, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• poopoo333
                          MMA *********
                          • Jan 2010

Yeah, my only complaint is the talent pool. You are going to have a limited amount of 125ers coming into the UFC, then some guys from 135 dropping down.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                            • Nov 2009

Honestly, there aren't very many good 135ers either, and a lot of them are guys that dropped from FW too. You have to draw the line somewhere- I would like to see it drawn at 145 personally. 135 to 145 you are talking 7% of body weight. LW to WW is 9% as is WW to MW. MW to LHW is 10%. LHW to HW is 23%. If there is an additional weight class needed, it is 225, not 125.

Comment

• Ludo
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
                              Honestly, there aren't very many good 135ers either, and a lot of them are guys that dropped from FW too. You have to draw the line somewhere- I would like to see it drawn at 145 personally. 135 to 145 you are talking 7% of body weight. LW to WW is 9% as is WW to MW. MW to LHW is 10%. LHW to HW is 23%. If there is an additional weight class needed, it is 225, not 125.
                              What do we need a 225lb division for? The current Heavyweight champion weighs 240lbs, he beat the piss out of a guy who cuts 20lbs to make the 265lb limit. Size isn't everything, especially at heavyweight.
                              2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
                              Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
                              Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
                              Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                                • Nov 2009

So your argument against a 225# class is tp point me to a guy who weighs 15 pounds more than that? You could have said Couture was champ. Let me know when a guy who weight 225 is HW champ again (unless it is Bones).

Aside from that, it doesn't really address my point. If that is the case, then let the 125ers fight the 135ers, as there is only a 7% body weight difference. I mean, does size matter that much?

My point is that there are more guys that weigh 225 than 125 and there is a bigger gap in weight classes there. If you are trying to create more classes, I think a 225 makes better sense than a 125.

That said, I agree- we don't need either.

Comment

Working...