2011 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MMA_scientist
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Vandelay
    Zayats looks to be mostly a submission guy. I think hes only got 1 or 2 tkos. Also Vinny only has one tko loss.
    Yeah, judging from his background he looks like a grappler. Russian guys are not know for their smart strategies either. Vinny has tapped to strikes in addition to his TKO.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• Vandelay
      • Nov 2010

I think that he is pretty focused and more talented than this type of competition. I doubt this guy is an above average wrestler or a better grappler than he is (like bader). His recent competition has been pretty good, record wise. He should also be close to getting back in the ufc.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
        • Nov 2009

Vinny is probably the 2nd best LHW in the world on the mat (in MMA, behind Roger). He is a slick grappler. BUT, his striking is weak and his takedowns are middling. He is mostly a guard guy, and not many people are going to willingly take him down. As far as his MMA talent, I still question it. I know he is the bjj coach at Extreme Couture now, so he is probably working his wrestling a lot. A guy that trains there said that Vinny is training nonstop... so you may be right.

Vinny vs. Roger in MMA, make it happen.

Comment

• Vandelay
          • Nov 2010

I think both would probably get knocked out when the ref touches their shoulders while explaining the rules. Anyway after watching like 5 min of vids on the other guy I probably wont bet it.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
            • Nov 2009

WTF are you talking about... in 20 something fights, they have 2 TKO's between them.

Here is a list of fighters who have been KO'd as much or more than Vinny and Roger combined: Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Maynard, Koscheck, Maia, Munoz, Belfort, Franklin, Shogun...

Here are some guys that have been Tko'd as much or more than both of them combined: GSP, BJ Penn... you get the idea.

Sometimes I wonder if you are just trolling me with this crap. IIRC you also said Roger should hang it up after losing to Mo... hate much?

Comment

• sbjj
              • May 2010

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
              WTF are you talking about... in 20 something fights, they have 2 TKO's between them.

Here is a list of fighters who have been KO'd as much or more than Vinny and Roger combined: Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Maynard, Koscheck, Maia, Munoz, Belfort, Franklin, Shogun...

Here are some guys that have been Tko'd as much or more than both of them combined: GSP, BJ Penn... you get the idea.

Sometimes I wonder if you are just trolling me with this crap. IIRC you also said Roger should hang it up after losing to Mo... hate much?
              You must mean being stopped(not KO'd). Machida has only been stopped once. And GSP has only been TKO'd once. Same with Rahad, Munoz, and Maia.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                • Nov 2009

Yep. I said KO'd: Machida KO'd by Shogun- that is one KO, the same number as Roger(1) and Vinny (0) combined share. Rashad, Maia, Kos, etc... all KO'd unconscious at least once.

TKO'd: they share one TKO between them Vinny (1) Roger (0)... GSP has been TKO'd (not unconscious) once, same as Vinny. I was just taking issue with Roger/Vinny having chin issues. They might, and I think Vinny doesn't like getting hit, there is not enough evidence on Roger's chin or ability to absorb.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                  • Nov 2009

Just saying a lot of top tier guys have been knocked out cold. It doesn't mean they should quit or that they are in for a doomed career.

Not really defending roger or Vinny. I don't like Vinny at all and I hope he gets smashed personally. I have said from before Roger started fighting that I don't think he has the best kind of game for unified rules MMA.
                  Last edited by MMA_scientist; 10-13-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• SPX
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by poopoo333
                    Oh snap were a bunch of posts deleted again?
                    Some stuff was rolled back apparently because my YTD results total is back to what it was before this past weekend. Not sure how far back they went, though.
                    I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

SPX: WTF are you talking about.

Rocky III ftw.
                      It's a post from IMDB about a particular scene in Rocky I. Shit cracked me up a little.

Speaking of Rocky I, I thought I had had seen it sometime in the past few years, but I watched it last night and none of it was really familiar. Damn good movie.
                      I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                        • Aug 2009

Just saying a lot of top tier guys have been knocked out cold. It doesn't mean they should quit or that they are in for a doomed career.
                        I think the fact that he was 4-5 after 9 fights (and is only 8-5 now) certainly goes a long way toward not boding well for an illustrious MMA career.

And I'm not sure if he has "chin issues" per se, but he sure as hell folded big time after he got hit by Bader. He was still awake, but showed no heart whatsoever.

He clearly didn't want to be a fuckin' fighter.

Not really defending roger or Vinny. I don't like Vinny at all and I hope he gets smashed personally. I have said from before Roger started fighting that I don't think he has the best kind of game for unified rules MMA.
                        Why don't you like Vinny? I heard him on Junkie Radio a couple of days ago and he seemed like an OK guy.
                        I heart cock

Comment

• poopoo333
                          MMA *********
                          • Jan 2010

Comment

• Vandelay
                            • Nov 2010

Damn, defensive much scientist? Ur the one that brought up vinny's chin and I responded that I think its unfairly assumed that his chin is shit.

I said roger should retire because he doesnt need the money and he wont beat the top wrestlers in the division...so unless he likes concussions...

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                              I think the fact that he was 4-5 after 9 fights (and is only 8-5 now) certainly goes a long way toward not boding well for an illustrious MMA career.

And I'm not sure if he has "chin issues" per se, but he sure as hell folded big time after he got hit by Bader. He was still awake, but showed no heart whatsoever.

He clearly didn't want to be a fuckin' fighter.

Why don't you like Vinny? I heard him on Junkie Radio a couple of days ago and he seemed like an OK guy.
                              ^ yeah, I started the discussion saying that Vinny should not be -335 because he doesn't like getting hit.

I don't like him because of his history of shitting on his teams in both BJJ and MMA. He also has a history of badmouthing his former teammates and trainers... he is just a shit IMO.

Anyone can go on the radio and be funny or likable for a while.

I am starting to come around on Vinny though, I understand some of the stuff he said and did, but he not only shit on his BJJ coaches, he shit on team TRT after they got him his big break.
                              Last edited by MMA_scientist; 10-13-2011, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Vandelay
                                Damn, defensive much scientist? Ur the one that brought up vinny's chin and I responded that I think its unfairly assumed that his chin is shit.

I said roger should retire because he doesnt need the money and he wont beat the top wrestlers in the division...so unless he likes concussions...
                                I just like to argue.

Comment

Working...