2011 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
    Dr Ngo would tell you to buy all that shit half off, and then sell it on Craigslist for a living. Sounds feasible, do it X.
    Believe it or not, I actually put that plan into action the other day. I had some money from taxes so I bought three laptops from Staples that were like $200 off regular price. They should be arriving on the 5th. Toshiba, dual-core procs, 500 GB hard drive, 4 GB of RAM. Regularly $579, I got them for $379. I'm going to try to resell them for $475, I think.

Check it:

It's the one listed for $379 there on the left.
    I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SPX
      Believe it or not, I actually put that plan into action the other day. I had some money from taxes so I bought three laptops from Staples that were like $200 off regular price. They should be arriving on the 5th. Toshiba, dual-core procs, 500 GB hard drive, 4 GB of RAM. Regularly $579, I got them for $379. I'm going to try to resell them for $475, I think.

Check it:

Nice. I hope it works out.
      Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• zY|
        • Sep 2009

Shit I might try that, they are $500 everywhere else.

Comment

• poopoo333
          MMA *********
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Luke
          I use it all the time I was just wondering if anyone else had . So far I've got 50% off gift cards to a lot of resturants we go to, AMC tickets good for 3-D movies for 4 bucks a piece that usually cost 13, Fandango (regal) movie tickets for $4 that are usually $13, paid 10 dollars for 20 Amazon gift card , paid 7 for a 15 ebay gift card , got half off a AAA membership

There is a lot of junk you dont need but sometimes there's good things on it
          Show me the way.

Comment

• zY|
            • Sep 2009

Remember though if you ebay it you have to take into account the fees, which will be pretty outrageous on ~$500.

Comment

• zY|
              • Sep 2009

Actually no I won't try that, it's instore only and no Staples here.

Comment

• Luke
                10 year vet
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX

Check it:

Thats pretty full proof .If you dont sell them just take them back .
                2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zY|
                  Nice. I hope it works out.
                  Originally posted by zY|
                  Shit I might try that, they are $500 everywhere else.
                  Originally posted by zY|
                  Remember though if you ebay it you have to take into account the fees, which will be pretty outrageous on ~$500.

Word. Thanks.

They actually look like pretty decent machines. I mean, 4 GB of RAM? That's a shitload, especially for a laptop.

I think Staples does this shit a lot. I remember they had a similar deal on a laptop a while back. It would be awesome if I could just do this every week.

Re: fees. I'm really hoping to just be able to get rid of them locally via Craigslist. That way I wouldn't have to deal with fees and shipping and all that shit. Not sure if I'll be able to, but that would be the best option.
                  I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
                    • Sep 2009

Yeah try Craigslist first, but don't be surprised if your ad gets pulled for no reason. Craigslist users are the bottom of the barrel and will flag your shit because they think it costs too much.

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zY|
                      Actually no I won't try that, it's instore only and no Staples here.
                      Yeah, I was able to get them online, but like an hour after I did I checked back and they were out of stock. Now everywhere locally is out of stock, too.
                      I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Luke
                        Thats pretty full proof .If you dont sell them just take them back .
                        Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking. I even called them to make sure I could return them to a local store without having to ship them back, and they said it should be cool.
                        I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zY|
                          Yeah try Craigslist first, but don't be surprised if your ad gets pulled for no reason. Craigslist users are the bottom of the barrel and will flag your shit because they think it costs too much.
                          Yeah. We also have a local news station that has a pretty active classified section on their website that you can post to for free. I'm sure I'll try it as well.
                          I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
                            10 year vet
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by poopoo333
                            Show me the way.
                            Its a daily thing .They have different deals everyday .When you sign up you give them them cities around you and then everyday you get the deals sent to your email or phone.

I only use livingsocial.com and groupon.com

If you want the ebay 15 dollar gift card for 7 bucks its todays deal but its only good for another 3 hours .Heres the link to it:

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• poopoo333
                              MMA *********
                              • Jan 2010

I want to try that buy stuff/sell it on craigslist thing. But I am kind of scared to because everytime I put something up on craigslist I don't get any replies (no not in the personals section).

Comment

• poopoo333
                                MMA *********
                                • Jan 2010

Thanks Luke

Comment

Working...