2011 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MMA_scientist
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
    I think that really a town's government and its people have to be committed to turning their place into a cool place to live and visit if it's to become such a city. You can't just be content with strip malls and all-you-can-eat buffets.
    There is definitely something to this. My town is a "river city", we have a pretty nice river walk and a few other things... but the people do not want to improve the town. Everytime something awesome gets proposed everyone shits on it comes up with a "better" way to spend the money. We were going to get a AAA baseball team a couple years ago if we built a stadium on the river, Tommy Lasorda was involved, it would have been cool... but everyone shat on it. There have been several things like that. We can't keep a nice restaurant open for more than 1 year, but we have Applebees coming out the ass. I basically only eat local. We do have a bunch of local dive type places that the town will support, but they flat out will not support a nice place.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• SPX
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Luke
      I looked in my mailbox today.......I didnt find it
      Keep looking every day until it shows up.
      I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
        There is definitely something to this. My town is a "river city", we have a pretty nice river walk and a few other things... but the people do not want to improve the town. Everytime something awesome gets proposed everyone shits on it comes up with a "better" way to spend the money. We were going to get a AAA baseball team a couple years ago if we built a stadium on the river, Tommy Lasorda was involved, it would have been cool... but everyone shat on it. There have been several things like that. We can't keep a nice restaurant open for more than 1 year, but we have Applebees coming out the ass. I basically only eat local. We do have a bunch of local dive type places that the town will support, but they flat out will not support a nice place.
        Word. Sounds kind of like how I felt about Jackson, MS. There's a little bit of shit there, like a big reservoir you can go boating on, but beyond that there's not much. And no one gives a fuck either. The city is overrun by illiterate crackheads who can't even spell the word "cultural."

Memphis is a lot better, but still not everything it could be. The government is corrupt as hell and a large percentage of the residents also fall into that illiterate crackhead category. I don't consider myself a racist at all, but like Chris Rock, I know the difference between mild mannered black folks and ******s. And Memphis and Jackson both have way too many fucking ******s.
        I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
          • Nov 2009

We have a "ghetto" and a nice side of town... there really is no mingling though. Like you don't see the crackheads hanging out at B&N like you do in some places. The riffraff pretty much stays in the ghetto.

Comment

• SPX
            • Aug 2009

We have a "ghetto" and a nice side of town... there really is no mingling though. Like you don't see the crackheads hanging out at B&N like you do in some places. The riffraff pretty much stays in the ghetto.
            That's how Salt Lake is. There are specific poorer areas that have gangs and shit, but they pretty much keep all that over there where it belongs.

In Memphis and Jackson, there's lots of intermingling. If you want to be in a truly clean, safe area then you have to get deep into the suburbs, which I think is fucked up.

LOL@crackheads at B&N
            I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
              That's how Salt Lake is. There are specific poorer areas that have gangs and shit, but they pretty much keep all that over there where it belongs.

LOL@crackheads at B&N
              You go some places like D.C. and the crackheads are everywhere... I said B&N because when I was in D.C. last time, there was a homeless guy wandering around in there, I think it was actually Borders though.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                215 Hustler
                • Sep 2006

We got a race of crackheads, but like you guys are saying, the trashy people stay in the Ghetto. Except for my White trash ass.
                Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                  • Nov 2009

I used to live in the ghetto side of town. There is a definite difference. I used to be the maintenance man for these ghetto apartments, I got to live there for free, but I had to clean up the apartments after someone moved out.

Poor people are bad. They are just bad people, that's it.

Comment

• edman5555
                    • Apr 2010

what kind of shit would you see Scientist?
                    1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                      215 Hustler
                      • Sep 2006

Poor people are bad. They are just bad people, that's it.
                      I started to reply to this, saying not all of them were bad, and was going to use my family as an example. But as I started to list some shit my mom and dad used to do (and still do) and the shit my sisters and brother have done, along with myself..........Poor people are bad, but we can change. lol

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                        • Nov 2009

Really gross stuff. One time I spent like a week cleaning blood off of all the walls and out of the carpet. It was summer, and unbeknowgst to me, rotten blood smells really really bad. This guy just beat the shit out of his girl all over the apartment. I had to chase him through the basement (it had this dungeon basement that had all these storage doors in it, it was really damn creepy) and run him out of the complex.

Most though, it was just gross food stuff. One apartment purposely unplugged the fridge because they were pissed they were evicted (apparently, they thought they were entitled to live there for free forever), and there was all this gross maggot invested hamburger all over the place.

My personal favorite though, was this fat bastard that was too lazy to pick up his food scraps. He actually left town and left all his furniture in there and just never returned. We didn't realize he was gone for a long time. He would just sit in his recliner and spit sunflower seed shells (and many other foodstuffs) all over the carpet. There were like 30 half gnawed on burritos just laying on the floor half smushed into the carpet.

Not a cleaning story, but I had to put the law down on a cop once. He lived there after his divorce, and he got wasted one night and just started shooting his piece into the wall. There were about 5 bullets buried into the walls. I seriously almost kicked the shit out of him.

I lived on the ground floor, a lady who lived on the 4th floor would come rap on my door at all hours with a hammer and threaten to smash me with it because I dropped my toilet seat lid too loud...

Every single person that lived there was gross in one way or another.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by IWS Zak
                          I started to reply to this, saying not all of them were bad, and was going to use my family as an example. But as I started to list some shit my mom and dad used to do (and still do) and the shit my sisters and brother have done, along with myself..........Poor people are bad, but we can change. lol
                          The only exceptions are students and mentally handicapped people.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                            215 Hustler
                            • Sep 2006

The only exceptions are students and mentally handicapped people.
                            LOL I turned out ok, and my brother, who was a real fuck up for a long time, turned his shit around too. But then again, we could be in the mentally handicapped category.

Comment

• Luke
                              10 year vet
                              • Oct 2006

Really gross stuff. One time I spent like a week cleaning blood off of all the walls and out of the carpet. It was summer, and unbeknowgst to me, rotten blood smells really really bad. This guy just beat the shit out of his girl all over the apartment. I had to chase him through the basement (it had this dungeon basement that had all these storage doors in it, it was really damn creepy) and run him out of the complex.

Most though, it was just gross food stuff. One apartment purposely unplugged the fridge because they were pissed they were evicted (apparently, they thought they were entitled to live there for free forever), and there was all this gross maggot invested hamburger all over the place.

My personal favorite though, was this fat bastard that was too lazy to pick up his food scraps. He actually left town and left all his furniture in there and just never returned. We didn't realize he was gone for a long time. He would just sit in his recliner and spit sunflower seed shells (and many other foodstuffs) all over the carpet. There were like 30 half gnawed on burritos just laying on the floor half smushed into the carpet.

Not a cleaning story, but I had to put the law down on a cop once. He lived there after his divorce, and he got wasted one night and just started shooting his piece into the wall. There were about 5 bullets buried into the walls. I seriously almost kicked the shit out of him.

I lived on the ground floor, a lady who lived on the 4th floor would come rap on my door at all hours with a hammer and threaten to smash me with it because I dropped my toilet seat lid too loud...

Every single person that lived there was gross in one way or another.
                              I wouldnt do that shit for 250k a year let own free rent in crackhead central
                              2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Luke
                                I wouldnt do that shit for 250k a year let own free rent in crackhead central
                                Goddamn right. Those are some straight fucked up stories, Scientist! How did you go from living in the ghetto and being an apartment maintenance man to living the high life as a fancy lawyer?

Re: Poor people. I think there are plenty of decent poor people, but culturally, I just don't have anything in common with most of them. Too often they're common, filthy, unrefined bastards who make me uncomfortable.

The flip side of that token is that I don't really get into rich people either. I'll just stick with middle class folks like myself, I guess. In reality, right now I'm quite poor. But I don't come from a poor family so the mindset's totally different.
                                I heart cock

Comment

Working...