2011 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SPX
    Hey faggots, for anyone who's interested I have an unprecedented three articles in Ultimate MMA this issue. I've long since stopped reporting this shit to ya'll, but I'm pretty proud of these.

The first is a piece on the hardships that female fighters face as compared to male fighters. Miesha Tate, Roxy Modafferi, Rosi Sexton and Julie Kedzie all contributed. The second is on the next generation of MMA superstars, which you guys actually helped me out with. The third is about religion in MMA and the controversy that Brandon Beals, the so-called Fight Pastor, has created in his efforts to provide spiritual guidance to Christian fighters.

There's actually a teaser for the third article on the Ultimate MMA website. Go to www.ultimatemmamag.com, click on the picture with the four guys standing in a group, then click on the article title. That should take you to a page that has the first few paragraphs of the article.

Thanks, homos.
    Will buy it tonight.............for real this time.

Well done phag0t
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• MMA_scientist
      • Nov 2009

Nice work X. I will definitely pick that up. Eventually i will get around to writing a letter to UMMA either praising you or shitting on you, I haven't decided.

Pleasuring a man with a socked foot one time does not make you gay.
      2012: +19.33
      2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• MMA_scientist
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
        Indeed. I've always seen wrestling as a component of grappling. However, I've sometimes heard people refer to grappling as if it's something wholly different, i.e. "he's not going to outwrestle me, and he definitely won't outgrapple me." And I'm like, wrestling is a component of grappling.
        I use that terminology myself all the time. Just because in most grappling competitions, you don't get any points for just being in top position. So in MMA, I distinguish between pinning (wrestling) and "grappling". For some reason, the judges seem to think being inside someone's guard is some big advantage. But if you add up all the times someone got stopped from gnp inside guard as opposed to all the time someone got subbed from guard, pretty sure bottom of guard is more advantageous statistically. But each fight needs to be looked at on a case by case basis, I just think it is silly to automatically reward the top position even if he is being "outgrappled" from underneath. There are times when the top man is clearly winning and other times, not so much.

But yeah, wrestling is part of grappling for sure. But I guess when I say that, I mean, he might beat him in that one facet of the grappling, but will lose the overall grappling match.
        2012: +19.33
        2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• SPX
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Svino
          Did you mention Kimo carrying in the cross? I hope you mentioned Kimo carrying the cross.
          I did not. But I should have.

That's probably the secret ingredient to making any piece of writing wonderful, regardless of the subject matter.
          I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by IWS Zak
            Will buy it tonight.............for real this time.

Well done phag0t
            Let me know if/when you find it. I'm actually still seeing last months issue on newsstands around here, but if it's not already out it should be out soon.
            I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
              Nice work X. I will definitely pick that up. Eventually i will get around to writing a letter to UMMA either praising you or shitting on you, I haven't decided.
              Cool, thanks.

And uh, yeah, if you send them hate mail about me then you're a dickhead.

Pleasuring a man with a socked foot one time does not make you gay.
              That's true.
              I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                • Aug 2009

I use that terminology myself all the time. Just because in most grappling competitions, you don't get any points for just being in top position. So in MMA, I distinguish between pinning (wrestling) and "grappling". For some reason, the judges seem to think being inside someone's guard is some big advantage. But if you add up all the times someone got stopped from gnp inside guard as opposed to all the time someone got subbed from guard, pretty sure bottom of guard is more advantageous statistically. But each fight needs to be looked at on a case by case basis, I just think it is silly to automatically reward the top position even if he is being "outgrappled" from underneath. There are times when the top man is clearly winning and other times, not so much.

But yeah, wrestling is part of grappling for sure. But I guess when I say that, I mean, he might beat him in that one facet of the grappling, but will lose the overall grappling match.
                Word. Well thanks for that clarification.

It reminds of when we got into that argument about the debate between "wrestling" and "BJJ" when it comes to trying to maneuver for position. I guess I use wrestling in that generic sense. i.e. "The boys were wrestling around on the living room floor." It doesn't mean that they were using greco-roman techniques specifically or anything.

Even when I was in judo, I just looked at it, generically, as a type of wrestling.
                I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
                  10 year vet
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX
                  Hey faggots, for anyone who's interested I have an unprecedented three articles in Ultimate MMA this issue. I've long since stopped reporting this shit to ya'll, but I'm pretty proud of these.

The first is a piece on the hardships that female fighters face as compared to male fighters. Miesha Tate, Roxy Modafferi, Rosi Sexton and Julie Kedzie all contributed. The second is on the next generation of MMA superstars, which you guys actually helped me out with. The third is about religion in MMA and the controversy that Brandon Beals, the so-called Fight Pastor, has created in his efforts to provide spiritual guidance to Christian fighters.

There's actually a teaser for the third article on the Ultimate MMA website. Go to www.ultimatemmamag.com, click on the picture with the four guys standing in a group, then click on the article title. That should take you to a page that has the first few paragraphs of the article.

Thanks, homos.
                  If you buy it and ship it to me I'll read it
                  2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Luke
                    10 year vet
                    • Oct 2006

LOL j/k kidding man ............nice job

Let me know when it comes out and I'll pick it up
                    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Luke
                      10 year vet
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by IWS Zak
                      lol, nah. I actually like that forum for the most part. I used to post there a lot, but a couple guys started to piss me off, so I left.

Want me to kill the owner?
                      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                        215 Hustler
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SPX
                        Let me know if/when you find it. I'm actually still seeing last months issue on newsstands around here, but if it's not already out it should be out soon.
                        I'm going out tonight, so Ill stop and check at the store I found that sells it.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                          215 Hustler
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Luke
                          Want me to kill the owner?
                          He already paid me, so we cool.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                            215 Hustler
                            • Sep 2006

Fuckin lol

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                              215 Hustler
                              • Sep 2006

Dumb as shit, but I am fuckin crying at my desk watching this shit.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                                215 Hustler
                                • Sep 2006

Like elves in Santa's workshop, bootleg toy makers around the world are busy cranking action figures and games for all of the world's children. Only these will be sold by street vendors and dollar stores, at a fraction of the price of official toys.

this one was the best one

#10.
                                Superman "Fly 'Em High"

Did Superman tell you he could fly? Because he's a goddamn liar.
                                Though we admire how he maintains his badass "flying through the air" fist post as he's slowly drifting to the street with his sad parachute.

Comment

Working...