2011 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Luke
    The point was the same morons that say the UFC without a doubt has the best fighters in the world are the same ones that were saying it in 2006.
    So you don't think the UFC has the best fighters in the world?

Like Ludo said, there's no more PRIDE. And there's not really even a Strikeforce.

What's left? Bellator? DREAM? Or do you also have some inside information regarding a super secret, yet elite, European MMA organization?
    I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
      10 year vet
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Ludo
      Well if those same people are saying it today they'd be right. You musta forgot. Overeem came from PRIDE, and that mofo is on the verge of a title shot. Hendo is on the verge of one, Shogun was the last guy to hold the light heavyweight championship, Rampage just had a title shot.

I don't see what the point is in making a reference to PRIDE having better Heavyweights and Light Heavyweights a few years ago and then pointing out that the current and last two UFC Heavyweight champions never competed in Pride, along with the current Light Heavyweight champion. Way to cut the legs out from under your own argument there, big dog.
      You guys really need to get out from under Uncle Dana's desk. The UFC didnt have the best LHW's or HW's in 2006 nor did they in 2008 even after PRIDE had been purchased.Maybe from 2006-2008 they did but by 2008 JDS and Bones were probably better than anything they had.Since you are confused that's two arguments against them have the best fighters in the world at two different times.Not only did PRIDE have better fighters than the UFC people like JDS and Bone Jones who were also better than anything the UFC in 2008 even after they acquired PRIDE. I've tried to say the same thing about 4 different ways so if you dont understand it by now god help you.
      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Svino
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by SPX

Like Ludo said, there's no more PRIDE. And there's not really even a Strikeforce.

What's left? Bellator? DREAM? Or do you also have some inside information regarding a super secret, yet elite, European MMA organization?
        I hear the real elite fight in the Kumite in Thailand.

Comment

• Luke
          10 year vet
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX

The UFC "might" have the best fighters in the world right now but just to act like everyone who says otherwise is stupid is ridiculous when you can look at more than one time period when the best fighters in the world were not with the UFC.
          2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Svino
            I hear the real elite fight in the Kumite in Thailand.
            Hong Kong
            I heart cock

Comment

• Svino
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by SPX
              Hong Kong
              Kowloon Walled City, of course. Can't believe I screwed that up. -1 points for me.

Comment

• zY|
                • Sep 2009

It's not even arguable at this point that the vast majority of the best fighters are in the UFC.
                Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• SPX
                  • Aug 2009

. . . people like JDS and Bone Jones who were also better than anything the UFC in 2008 even after they acquired PRIDE.
                  The Bones that fought Bonnar would not have beaten Machida.

The UFC "might" have the best fighters in the world right now but just to act like everyone who says otherwise is stupid is ridiculous when you can look at more than one time period when the best fighters in the world were not with the UFC.
                  Obviously prospects will always come in from outside organizations and some will end up doing really well. Is the UFC's MW champ in 2021 in the UFC right now? Probably not. But generally speaking, you can't make any argument for any other organization having better fighters right now than the UFC.
                  I heart cock

Comment

• Svino
                    • Mar 2010

And most of the good fighters that aren't in the UFC are still under Zuffa.

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Svino
                      Kowloon Walled City, of course. Can't believe I screwed that up. -1 points for me.
                      You WERE correct though . . . Kumite fighters are the SHIZNIT.

War Paco
                      I heart cock

Comment

• Ludo
                        • Jan 2010

Your trying to say that in 2008 before Bones and JDS were even on the map that they were better than anyone in the UFC? Get the fuck outta here with that shit. Your going to try and tell Me that the three years between the time they both entered the UFC that there was no improvement or advancing in techniques/aspects of the game?

Recognizing reality isn't being under anyone's desk. JDS didn't get on the map until he fought Cro Cop. Nobody knew Jones' name until after he fought Bonnar. Saying that the Jon Jones, JDS, Cain, and Brock of today with all the added experience and training were better three years ago than anyone else in the promotion is a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

Still, none of that changes the fact that right now today in the sport Zuffa has 90% of the best fighters in the world in every division supported by the company save for Flyweight, and it won't be long until they have those as well.
                        2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
                        Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
                        Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
                        Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Comment

• Luke
                          10 year vet
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX

Obviously prospects will always come in from outside organizations and some will end up doing really well. Is the UFC's MW champ in 2021 in the UFC right now? Probably not. But generally speaking, you can't make any argument for any other organization having better fighters right now than the UFC.

As a whole no organization has a better group of fighters than the UFC but that's not what I'm saying . You guys act like everyone not in the UFC isnt as good as people in the UFC. If that is the case how did Ebersole come in and defeat Chris Lytle who has suppose to be next in line for a title shot? I mean if you have the best fighters in the world,all of them, your next in line for a title shot shoudnt be getting beat by a replacment whos previous fight was in LGIOP - Van Diemen's Caged Mayhem. That's all I'm saying
                          2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• edman5555
                            • Apr 2010

As a whole no organization has a better group of fighters than the UFC but that's not what I'm saying . You guys act like everyone not in the UFC isnt as good as people in the UFC. If that is the case how did Ebersole come in and defeat Chris Lytle who has suppose to be next in line for a title shot? I mean if you have the best fighters in the world,all of them, your next in line for a title shot shoudnt be getting beat by a replacment whos previous fight was in LGIOP - Van Diemen's Caged Mayhem. That's all I'm saying
                            Good point about Ebersole.
                            1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• Luke
                              10 year vet
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Ludo
                              Your trying to say that in 2008 before Bones and JDS were even on the map that they were better than anyone in the UFC? Get the fuck outta here with that shit. Your going to try and tell Me that the three years between the time they both entered the UFC that there was no improvement or advancing in techniques/aspects of the game?

You know who was UFC HW champ at the end of 2007? Couture. Best in the world .......BOL
                              2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Ludo
                                • Jan 2010

Well if no other organization has a better group of fighters how does one become recognized as a top fighter without fighting other top fighters? If your not fighting the best competition how can you be in that group?

Lytle wasn't in line for a title shot, not ever.
                                2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
                                Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
                                Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
                                Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Comment

Working...