Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poopoo333
    MMA *********
    • Jan 2010

I have only see the fight once, but I remember Shaub's face was a mess at the post fight press conference. So his striking defense may be suspect as well.

Comment

• edman5555
      • Apr 2010

Schaub shut doen Gonzaga in their fight but Gonzaga looked like he just gave up. I don't know what to make of GG. He dropped Shane and CC but he couldn't figure out Schaub. Either Schaub is just really good or GG folded in that fight.
      1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• edman5555
        • Apr 2010

CC hasn't really looked THAT bad but I still have no idea what CC is going to show up. I'd like to see how he looks when he weighs in.
        1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• zY|
          • Sep 2009

Yeah CroCop looked good in the Pat Barry fight. Despite getting dropped twice and what looked like his jaw broken in the first round, he showed surprising resiliency and was actually throwing in combinations, which slow plodding UFC CroCop seldom does.

I'm certainly not going to watch it again, but I recall him looking quite the opposite in the Mir fight. I don't know if that's a reflection on Mir shutting his game down or if they were too busy chatting it up in the cage.
          Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• edman5555
            • Apr 2010

I was thinking it was because CC didn't want to get taken down to the ground. On the other hand it makes me wonder if he was just gunshy. If thats the case, how will he be after getting knocked out? Schaub isn't that bad, he handled Gonzaga on the feet and he is pretty big. Gonzaga KO'd CC. I personally think it was a bit of a fluke kick but who knows. Maybe CC reflexes slowed. If CC gets to +200 I will throw 1-2u on him. I'm not risking anything on him at even odds though. It's not like CC is anything special off his back and I think Schaub might be able to put him there. He might not be able to but I can't bank on CC stoping the takedown. Schaub is kind of a mystery right now too. He has only had like 7 fights.
            1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• trotterz
              • Jan 2011

IMO schaub is extremely good. Excellent striking, good takedowns, etc. IMO he is going to dominate Cro cop.
              To tell you the trhuth, I have been looking at it many times and I seriously think that he took a dive in his fight with big country. Maybe he was offered a big amount of money to do so, I don't know. But hey, I know not everyone is going to agree with that statement and I am well aware of it.

Comment

• poopoo333
                MMA *********
                • Jan 2010

I just started to look at Jim Miller/Kamal Shalorus. Miller is probably going to win easy. Kamal is the most predictable striker ever, he throws 2 haymakers repeatedly..that is basically all he did against Dave Jansen

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by trotterz
                  IMO schaub is extremely good. Excellent striking, good takedowns, etc. IMO he is going to dominate Cro cop.
                  To tell you the trhuth, I have been looking at it many times and I seriously think that he took a dive in his fight with big country. Maybe he was offered a big amount of money to do so, I don't know. But hey, I know not everyone is going to agree with that statement and I am well aware of it.
                  Really? I think Schaub is massively overhyped and I think his stock has peaked because they keep giving him easy fights, with the exception of Gonzaga (who turned out to be a shell version of GG, but the UFC didn't know that). He has decent hands but not much power for a HW (when compared to true HW power punchers like Carwin and JDS), his takedown defense is poor to decent, and his ground game is poor to decent.

Not knocking your opinion of him, but I just think it is interesting that two people can see the same fighter and see 2 totally different things. I would like to see a rematch with Madsen, I think Madsen would beat him now.
                  2012: +19.33
                  2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• trotterz
                    • Jan 2011

only time will tell, but I think he is going to be extremely good, especially seeing how fast he is becoming better. As of now, this is probably going to be my only bet on the ufc 128 card. Really confident about it

Comment

• trotterz
                      • Jan 2011

on a side note, I was also going to bet heavy on vemola over cane, but the fight got cancelled

Comment

• edman5555
                        • Apr 2010

only time will tell, but I think he is going to be extremely good, especially seeing how fast he is becoming better. As of now, this is probably going to be my only bet on the ufc 128 card. Really confident about it
                        I really don't see why you think his fight with Roy was rigged. Roy is a pretty good fighter, a better fighter if you ask me. His win over GG is good but that's about all he has done. His main weapon seems to be his striking and CC is a very good striker. He has like 40-50 amateur boxing matches, 25 or so kickboxing matches and probably 40 MMA fights. I wouldn't be suprised to see Schaub win but I won't bee betting him, especially since I think he will become a favorite.
                        1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• zY|
                          • Sep 2009

Let's disregard, for a moment, all the reasons that doesn't make any sense at all, and focus on one thing. Are you suggesting Schaub can make his eyes do donuts in his skull at will?
                          Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• Luke
                            10 year vet
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by zY|
                            Let's disregard, for a moment, all the reasons that doesn't make any sense at all, and focus on one thing. Are you suggesting Schaub can make his eyes do donuts in his skull at will?
                            Are you saying you dont think fighters take dives in fights?
                            2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Ludo
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Luke
                              Are you saying you dont think fighters take dives in fights?
                              What could possibly be the upside to Nelson winning TUF over someone like Schaub who is young, very talented yet raw, and nothing but upside?
                              2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
                              Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
                              Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
                              Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Comment

• trotterz
                                • Jan 2011

I knew a lot of people would disagree,
                                for the info, I also tought that stevenson took a dive in the danzig fight, the punch looked week, and stevenson has a pretty pretty solid chin.
                                For the reasons for it, I have no clue what they were, maybe he was offered a lot of money to lose, or he and his family friend had placed a large bet amounts on danzig to win the fight, so it is an easy way to make money. I have no clue but it wouldn't be the first time someone lose on purpose because he placed some money on the other guy.

And before everyone starts trowing rocks at me, I am not saying that schaub and stevenson took a dive for sure in their fight, this is just my opinion. And |zY , to answer your question, I think that this was all acting what schaub did when he got ''knocked out'' and one of the reason for it is that it was just really overplayed. it just didn't look right

Comment

Working...