Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poopoo333
    MMA *********
    • Jan 2010

There is a guy from bb.com that trains in Minnesota, and Brett Rogers trains in his area. He was saying that he knew of a 150 lb blue belt handling Rogers in training on the mat. This was a legit poster too. He mentioned this leading up to the Fedor fight.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Luke
      dont you remember where I told you I had to go on Mon,Wed and Fridays? And why I wouldnt be playing on here during the day on those days?

I sure did miss a good conversation today.......damn priorities
      I have been stirring shit for two days. I had teh opposite problem, I had nothing to do all damn day for two straight days, I cancelled all my appointments yesterday so I could go get my ear worked on, and I had about 1hour worth of work to do today. But my connection at work was not working well so I couldn't work online or watch technique vids either. It was the perfect storm of idleness. This is what happens when I am not occupied. I turn into a monster.
      2012: +19.33
      2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• MMA_scientist
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by poopoo333
        There is a guy from bb.com that trains in Minnesota, and Brett Rogers trains in his area. He was saying that he knew of a 150 lb blue belt handling Rogers in training on the mat. This was a legit poster too. He mentioned this leading up to the Fedor fight.
        I buy that. The problem is getting his big ass down and holding him there though. A lot of bigtime fighter if forced to grapple with a grappler, they will get schooled. You would be surprised how shitty some of these guys are on the mat. In MMA though, they usually don't play along unless it is grappler/grappler.

Comment

• poopoo333
          MMA *********
          • Jan 2010

I really think Rogers sucks and is a one hit wonder with that AA win. I kind of skimmed over Roger's recent fight with that Villareal guy and he looked like shit. Barnett is going to destroy Rogers. I mean, he was literally ragdolled like he was a LW against Fedor and Overeem in back to back fights.

Comment

• SPX
            • Aug 2009

First off, Rogers was NOT ragdolled by Fedor. I actually feared for my bet at times in that fight.

Second, I agree that he should lose to Barnett. I actually already have money on Barnett.
            I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
              10 year vet
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
              I have been stirring shit for two days. I had teh opposite problem, I had nothing to do all damn day for two straight days, I cancelled all my appointments yesterday so I could go get my ear worked on, and I had about 1hour worth of work to do today. But my connection at work was not working well so I couldn't work online or watch technique vids either. It was the perfect storm of idleness. This is what happens when I am not occupied. I turn into a monster.
              Lol stirring shit up because you're bored.

3 days a week I'm busy as hell,the rest of the week I'm not.I'll be here tomorrow to screw off while at work,of course nothing will happen in here tomorrow I'm sure
              2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• poopoo333
                MMA *********
                • Jan 2010

I always think Fedor threw Rogers to the ground as well, but really it was just an effortless single leg after rocking him. People act like those few punches Rogers landed on the ground was the craziest thing ever and that he won the round because of that. Besides those 3 seconds, Fedor dominated.

Comment

• poopoo333
                  MMA *********
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SPX
                  Second, I agree that he should lose to Barnett. I actually already have money on Barnett.
                  I'm not putting money on that fight until that shit is finalized/official. I hate having my money tied up for months. I have 3u on Machida for the end of April and it's annoying to me for some reason...but that -205 line was such a gift

Comment

• cheickkongo24
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
                    If that were true, you would just bet the underdogs. But I don't think it is true. If you are just getting started, read this: http://mmajunkie.com/news/2690/mma-wagering-101.mma

or for a REALLY solid read, there is a piece in Ultimate MMA last year by Soren Patrick Xavier that is super, just super. Here is part II, I couldn't find part I http://www.ultimatemmamagazine.com/n...fight-analysis
                    thanks mma_scientist. from reading your article i guess you guys are in vegas? I hate all the euro books for mma they have worse odds then vegas on almost all the fights. so you guys think the favorites will win even on the small events? i just seem think all the underdogs getting upsets on the smaller ufc cards.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                      215 Hustler
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SPX
                      Word.

BTW, awesome AV. We should start a new trend. First it was ninjas. Now it's old school WWF wrestlers.
                      I work with this young guy, about 10 years younger than me. We been trippin about old wrasslin vids on youtube for the last week or so.

I also turned the kid on to MMA. He never saw it before until I showed him some Cro Cop and Fedor clips on youtube. (In particular, the Fedor/Zulu clip) He is hooked.
                      Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by cheickkongo24
                        thanks mma_scientist. from reading your article i guess you guys are in vegas? I hate all the euro books for mma they have worse odds then vegas on almost all the fights. so you guys think the favorites will win even on the small events? i just seem think all the underdogs getting upsets on the smaller ufc cards.
                        i am in Indiana, I actually don't think any of the regular posters here are in Vegas. Sbjj goes to vegas to make some of his bets. I make all of my bets on 5dimes.com and bookmaker.com

I didn't write the article. As for favorites and underdogs, the key to betting successfully is finding a fighter who you think is more likely to win than the line indicates. For example, if you wanted to bet on Melvin this saturday, his line is +205. That means you will get 2.05 for every 1 you put down. +205 equates to an implied probability of 32%. If you think Melvin have more than a 32% chance to win, you should bet Melvin. If you like Dunham, his line is -225. This means you have to put down 2.25 to win 1. -225 converts to a 69% chance to win. If you think Dunham has more than a 69% chance of winning you should bet Dunham. That's it. That is the simple formula for advantage sports betting. Your ability to succees long term depends on your ability to predict who will win more often than the line dictates (and of course money management). And you can see it varies wildly even on an individual fight. For example, we are split on this forum about the Barry/Beltran fight. While I think we all agree that Barry is the favorite and is more likely to win, we disagree on who is a better bet. So sadly, it is not as simple as just picking underdogs or favorites and running with it.

Within that sphere, there is a whole world of systems, and personal rules and ways to decide upon your bets. If you are just getting started, you could always just tail someone. In the UFN 23 bets thread you can see what everyone's plays are.

Comment

• SPX
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by IWS Zak
                          I work with this young guy, about 10 years younger than me. We been trippin about old wrasslin vids on youtube for the last week or so.

I also turned the kid on to MMA. He never saw it before until I showed him some Cro Cop and Fedor clips on youtube. (In particular, the Fedor/Zulu clip) He is hooked.
                          I got on a wrestling kick the other day after watching the Bret Hart documentary. I went and found two other docs--"Beyond the Mat" and "Monday Night Wars"--which were pretty interesting.

As for actually watching any wrestling, I haven't done that in years, so I actually downloaded the last week's TNA episode and watched it. I was like, Holy shit, it's WCW with a facelift.
                          I heart cock

Comment

• poopoo333
                            MMA *********
                            • Jan 2010

The AOL.com video experience serves up the best video content from AOL and around the web, curating informative and entertaining snackable videos.

Comment

• Svino
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by IWS Zak
                              Ahhh... Fedor vs. Zulu.

Good times.

Comment

• sbjj
                                • May 2010

Any thoughts on Campuzano-Caraiso. I think Caraiso takes this one.

Comment

Working...