• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luke
    10 year vet
    • Oct 2006

Re: Boxing thread plays

Originally posted by sbjj
    Well, a couple of guys I trust just came in. One guy has Abraham in the 10th. The other likes Abraham also, but really likes the under.

Shit, I guess i could have this one all wrong. Was starting to think maybe I was just convincing myself of a play this week.

You guys like the under? If Arthur is hitting Froch with the type of bombs you think he will, can he make it to the final bell?

Honestly I like the under too . I still think AA Ko's him . Since the O/U is -110 and AA is only -160 more than likely I still be playing just AA, still not sure yet though. AA KO'd Taylor in the last round and I think Dirrell was on his way out too but that fight was in the 11th . I'm not sure I want to be holding my breath in the last few rds that he KO's him

You've beeen trying to convince us for a week Froch was the play who are these guys that suddenly changed your mind? Just curious
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• YoungTRK484
      • Nov 2009

I like the under too, I currently have it at -120 for both sides of the O/U but am not sure if I'm going to play both the Under AND AA. I don't anticipate a lot of line movement at the -120 Under and -160 AA, so I'm just seeing how my thanksgiving day NFL plays go ebfore I put it in for Saturday.
      2011 YTD: (Revised 1/11/11)

NFL ATS: 1-2 -1.2 units
      NFL ML: 1-0, +1.1 units
      NFL Teaser: 0-1, -3.0 units

NBA ATS: 0-1, -1.1 units

YTD: -4.2 units

Comment

• sbjj
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Luke
        Well, a couple of guys I trust just came in. One guy has Abraham in the 10th. The other likes Abraham also, but really likes the under.

Shit, I guess i could have this one all wrong. Was starting to think maybe I was just convincing myself of a play this week.

You guys like the under? If Arthur is hitting Froch with the type of bombs you think he will, can he make it to the final bell?

Honestly I like the under too . I still think AA Ko's him . Since the O/U is -110 and AA is only -160 more than likely I still be playing just AA, still not sure yet though. AA KO'd Taylor in the last round and I think Dirrell was on his way out too but that fight was in the 11th . I'm not sure I want to be holding my breath in the last few rds that he KO's him

You've beeen trying to convince us for a week Froch was the play who are these guys that suddenly changed your mind? Just curious
        A couple of guys I have known a long time who once ran a site with Roger Mayweather. They are not perfect(by a long shot) but they know their stuff. Graham Houston is also all over Arthur, and the under, and the Abraham by KO prop. Graham is now giving betting advice for a fee, and he has actually been doing real well. You could track his picks at his site.

Still have one more guy I track. You guys were already convincing me to not bet the fight, this just confirms it.

Comment

• BillyPilgrim
          • May 2010

Luke, sbjj, Yay or Nay:

4u - (1.10) Ward vs Bika - I chose Ward he is one of the most complete fighters around today. He should handle Bika comfortably. The odds arent great but that probably is a true reflection of the difference in skill set. I have one worry and that is they both sometimes lead with their head and Bika has a very hard head. I worry about cuts to Ward face, but he is smart im sure he has prepared for this.

0.5u - Ward (1.5) on points, Ward does not stop many boxers and sika is made of iron this fight has distance written all over it.

Fun bets over the weekend, but do not recommend:
          0.4u (3.2)- Katsidis to bet Marquez. It more about how old and shop worn then how good Katsidis is. I think Katsidis has improved and with the death of his brother he will prevail. Marquez in his last fight just looked like somebody who has lost a step or two. Katsidis is youger and fights hard and fast.

Also Froch vs Abraham is on this weekend. Im not touching it just going to enjoy. I pick Froch he is a slight underdog, but i feel that he is slightly underated and Abraham is overated. Froch is very tough and active and thats something that goes well against abraham. Abraham is tough, but the dude just does not throw enough punches. I reckon he gets outworked and roughed up in a tough close fight.

Comment

• sbjj
            • May 2010

Originally posted by BillyPilgrim
            Luke, sbjj, Yay or Nay:

4u - (1.10) Ward vs Bika - I chose Ward he is one of the most complete fighters around today. He should handle Bika comfortably. The odds arent great but that probably is a true reflection of the difference in skill set. I have one worry and that is they both sometimes lead with their head and Bika has a very hard head. I worry about cuts to Ward face, but he is smart im sure he has prepared for this.

0.5u - Ward (1.5) on points, Ward does not stop many boxers and sika is made of iron this fight has distance written all over it.

0.4u (3.2)- Katsidis to bet Marquez. It more about how old and shop worn then how good Katsidis is. I think Katsidis has improved and with the death of his brother he will prevail. Marquez in his last fight just looked like somebody who has lost a step or two. Katsidis is youger and fights hard and fast.

Also Froch vs Abraham is on this weekend. Im not touching it just going to enjoy. I pick Froch he is a slight underdog, but i feel that he is slightly underated and Abraham is overated. Froch is very tough and active and thats something that goes well against abraham. Abraham is tough, but the dude just does not throw enough punches. I reckon he gets outworked and roughed up in a tough close fight.
            I was seeing the Froch-Abraham fight the same way. But I am staying away(I think).

I am with you on Kats. I think he has a legit shot. Also looking at the over in that fight.

Personally, I would not touch the Ward-Sika bout. Ward(IMO) is one of the best fighters out there. But I am a big fan of Sika and I think he can give anyone trouble. I like the over, as Ward may decide to play it a bit safe and coast to a decision(and thats what you want) if you bet Ward straight. I personally would just bet Ward by decision and skip the high price of him straight. Ward did not finish Green, I doubt he stops Bika.

Comment

• YoungTRK484
              • Nov 2009

Luke, sbjj, Yay or Nay:

I like both bets. Ward is a stud and I agree with your assessment about his completeness. My book doesn't have this line up yet, thisdrives me nuts (I swear I'm making a New Years Resolution to open an account at 5dimes), but will probably be on him too, although by decision rather than straight. Bika is a tough mf'er, his fight with Codrington comes to mind and was epic in 2007. I give him no shot to win this fight honestly, but do agree it goes the distance.

Going to pass on Marquez-Katsidis I think, but I think Marquez wins easily. Still evaluating Maidana-Khan, I think Maidana is looking good at +230.

Anyone think B-Hop has a chance to beat Pascal? At +285, I might bite. The over 11.5 is at -350 which is absurd and would be a pass for me.
              2011 YTD: (Revised 1/11/11)

NFL ATS: 1-2 -1.2 units
              NFL ML: 1-0, +1.1 units
              NFL Teaser: 0-1, -3.0 units

NBA ATS: 0-1, -1.1 units

YTD: -4.2 units

Comment

• sbjj
                • May 2010

I think the line on BHop is inflated. I think Pascal wins, but Hop should not be a 3 to 1 dog. I think +160 would be more like it.

Comment

• BillyPilgrim
                  • May 2010

Thanks, I think I am going to follow on Ward by decision then

Comment

• Luke
                    10 year vet
                    • Oct 2006

Luke, sbjj, Yay or Nay:

Your boxing guy sure does bet alot of high odds fights doesnt he? Does he ever reccomend a plays on fighters who's less than -700 very often ?
                    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Luke
                      10 year vet
                      • Oct 2006

A couple of guys I have known a long time who once ran a site with Roger Mayweather. They are not perfect(by a long shot) but they know their stuff. Graham Houston is also all over Arthur, and the under, and the Abraham by KO prop. Graham is now giving betting advice for a fee, and he has actually been doing real well. You could track his picks at his site.

Still have one more guy I track. You guys were already convincing me to not bet the fight, this just confirms it.

Whos Graham Houston?
                      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• BillyPilgrim
                        • May 2010

Your boxing guy sure does bet alot of high odds fights doesnt he? Does he ever reccomend a plays on fighters who's less than -700 very often ?
                        Yep. I haven't lost a bet yet though following him (and confirming here). I have been following with 2 fight parlays.

Comment

• sbjj
                          • May 2010

Whos Graham Houston?
                          Fightwriter.

Comment

• Luke
                            10 year vet
                            • Oct 2006

Yep. I haven't lost a bet yet though following him (and confirming here). I have been following with 2 fight parlays.

Does he ever reccomend betting fights at lower odds? Like -200 or less or are the only ones you ask about high odds? I was just wondering
                            2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Luke
                              10 year vet
                              • Oct 2006

Fightwriter.

Little more info please
                              2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Luke
                                10 year vet
                                • Oct 2006

I have been following with 2 fight parlays.

Thats a good idea with the big odds fights . I was just wondering if he bet lower odds fights if you'd post his thoughts on those fights here once in a while
                                2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

Working...