2010 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luke
    10 year vet
    • Oct 2006

Re: UFC 117

I think we should put together SPX vs MMAscientist
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Mr. IWS
      215 Hustler
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Luke
      TKD vs BJJ
      Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• Luke
        10 year vet
        • Oct 2006

Re: Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Oh I didnt realize it wouldnt be floating already .

The lake is 5,800 acres so its not like I'm going to cover much ground . I think I'll wait a few days and if they dont find her I take the dogs with me and starting walking around it in spots

So much for my hunting expeditition

Code:
        After searching for several days, the Division of Watercraft found the body of missing Lakeview boater Dannette Hicks shortly before three o’clock Thursday afternoon.

Her body was found in the same area of Indian Lake that she jumped into Tuesday night around nine o’clock.

Hicks went missing after she voluntarily climbed out of an 18-foot pleasure craft while riding with four other people in the lake’s center ski zone (Blackhawk).

Hicks immediately disappeared. She was not wearing a life jacket.

Authorities believe alcohol was involved
        2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by IWS Zak
          TKD vs BJJ
          Alas, the truth is that my judo's probably more advanced than my TKD. . .
          I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
            • Aug 2009

Let me gain some weight and let that fat fuck lose some.

Then we'll do it.
            I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
              Interesting. You'll have to keep us updated on this. I've considered spending 6 months or so training hard and then taking a fight in one of the local orgs, but a lot of things have held me back from doing it: insurance, the need to be presentable for work the next day, fear of losing, fear of serious injury, the fact that my dad absolutely would not want me to do it and would give me a lot of shit for it. . .
              There are a lot of guys that train 6 months and then fight. I don't recommend it. It doesn't accomplish anything... you will either fight another brand new guy if the promoter is good, or you will be matched up with a guy you have no chance of beating to help promote another school. My buddy who was a blue belt at teh time, but a good one, had his first fight a couple years ago. It was hosted by a gym across town that is sort of a rival gym. He was supposed to be fighting another 0-0 guy, but supposedly the guy pulled out and he ended up fighting a guy with 17 fights on 1 days notice. That stuff happens a lot. He still subbed him though.

I would love to fight the 6 month guy, and if I really wanted to I probably could find disreputable promoter to give me the fight. The guys in my town are pretty on the up and up though, and the fights they offer me are against guys that have been training a while, or at least another grappler. I would take a fight tomorrow against a kickboxer with 6 months cross training, even @ LHW, where I tip the scales now. But then I ask myself why am I wanting to do that... and the answer never fits with my life philosophy.

Originally posted by SPX
              Well at least you know where you stand and don't lie to yourself about who you are.

If your goal is to win easily, though, why not just fight an inexperienced guy and get the W?
              Like I said, this is why I have not had any fights. When I ask myself why I want to do it, the answer is that I am a bad person who wants the light shined on me... but it is false light, because it wouldn't mean anything. I have said that I will take at least one fight before I get my BB, which is a long way off. I will probably be close to 40 then and hopefully I will feel like getting into shape. I am planning on going to compete in the Rio International at brown belt in the nest couple years. I will probably take a Vale Tudo fiht while I am down there.
              2012: +19.33
              2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• SPX
                • Aug 2009

^^^ Damn, sucks Luke. I was looking forward to you getting on the news, or possibly stealing the body and holding it for ransom to get some money out of the family.
                I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX

Then we'll do it.
                  That would be an easy win...

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                    215 Hustler
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SPX

Then we'll do it.
                    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
                      My buddy who was a blue belt at teh time, but a good one, had his first fight a couple years ago. It was hosted by a gym across town that is sort of a rival gym. He was supposed to be fighting another 0-0 guy, but supposedly the guy pulled out and he ended up fighting a guy with 17 fights on 1 days notice. That stuff happens a lot. He still subbed him though.
                      I would just not take the fight if it wasn't going to be against someone who was similarly inexperienced.

I would take a fight tomorrow against a kickboxer with 6 months cross training, even @ LHW, where I tip the scales now.
                      6 months is a lot of time to develop a good sprawl.

. . .and the answer never fits with my life philosophy.
                      Which is?

I am planning on going to compete in the Rio International at brown belt in the nest couple years. I will probably take a Vale Tudo fiht while I am down there.
                      You should do it.

I don't know what today's vale tudo scene is like. Do they have rounds and rules now or is it like UFC 1?
                      I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
                        10 year vet
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX
                        ^^^ Damn, sucks Luke. I was looking forward to you getting on the news, or possibly stealing the body and holding it for ransom to get some money out of the family.

I was going to go looking yesterday but was too lazy. It wouldnt have mattered as they had alreayd found her.

What a horrible way to die
                        2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
                          • Aug 2009

What a horrible way to die
                          Oddly, I have heard that some people who have nearly drowed (i.e. went unconscious but were later rescued) said it was actually surprisingly peaceful.
                          I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                            I would just not take the fight if it wasn't going to be against someone who was similarly inexperienced.
                            If you knew about it.

Originally posted by SPX
                            6 months is a lot of time to develop a good sprawl.
                            I seriously doubt you could learn to consistently stop the takedowns of a good wrestler in 6 months. Maybe if you were very strong and athletic. I am neither, but I do have a lot of tricks from a lifetime of wrestling. I have also done quite a lot of judo. That said, my takedowns were always based on drags, duck unders, slide by's... they don't really translate to MMA that well. Still, my double leg is good enough to take your ass down.

Originally posted by SPX
                            Which is?
                            What would Rickson do? JK. Rickson would smash the can, we know that.
                            Seriously, I can't write my entire life philosophy here. But the core of it is that I try not to elevate myself, I am a servant first. I try not to take away from other people. I suck at it, but its what I aspire to.

Sports are a little different, because you signed up to get taken from. But beating the hell out of some guy that signed up to fight another noob is not sporting IMO. When I think about why I would want to win easy against a guy with no chance, it always comes back to elevating myself in the eyes of others... but without actually having to have done anything. It just seems kind of small.

Originally posted by SPX
                            You should do it.

I don't know what today's vale tudo scene is like. Do they have rounds and rules now or is it like UFC 1?
                            Its pretty much exactly the same as modern mma. I would take a no rules fight though. I am not afraid, at the very least I know I can keep myself safe. I am more afraid of gassing than anything.

Comment

• SPX
                              • Aug 2009

Still, my double leg is good enough to take your ass down.
                              MY ass? Yeah, mostly likely. But we're talking about this hypothetical kickboxer guy.

Originally posted by SPX
                              But the core of it is that I try not to elevate myself, I am a servant first. I try not to take away from other people. I suck at it, but its what I aspire to.
                              Interesting. I'm not sure I took you as that sort of guy.

Is it a spiritual perspective or religiously motivated?

Originally posted by SPX
                              But beating the hell out of some guy that signed up to fight another noob is not sporting IMO. When I think about why I would want to win easy against a guy with no chance, it always comes back to elevating myself in the eyes of others... but without actually having to have done anything. It just seems kind of small.
                              I would agree, more or less. You've never actually done an MMA fight, though, have you?

Originally posted by SPX
                              Its pretty much exactly the same as modern mma. I would take a no rules fight though. I am not afraid, at the very least I know I can keep myself safe. I am more afraid of gassing than anything.
                              So the Gracies can't even get a fight in their own country with no rules/time limits?
                              I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                                MY ass? Yeah, mostly likely. But we're talking about this hypothetical kickboxer guy.
                                Well I was kidding. I do takedowns with the MMA guys at my gym all the time, I can take most guys down. Not that I am great wrestler, but I think it would take most guys more than a year or two to consistently stop me from taking them down.

Originally posted by SPX
                                Interesting. I'm not sure I took you as that sort of guy.

Is it a spiritual perspective or religiously motivated?
                                Both. I don't consider myself religious, but I do attend church regularly... I don't think anthing bad would happen if I didn't though. Have sort of a buddhist/Jesus philosophy. My goal is to want for nothing the world can offer me. But I like Jesus' action oriented approach.

Originally posted by SPX
                                I would agree, more or less. You've never actually done an MMA fight, though, have you?
                                No. But I have a lot of time in and well over 1000 grappling matches, along with about 3 years of MT and a childhood worth of boxing (I still suck at boxing and kickboxing though). Not bragging, for the amount of mat time I have in, I am actually pretty sucky... its just that only a scum promoter would put me in with a guy with 6 months total training time. If they have background in another combat sport, that's different, but then it would be competitive.

Comment

Working...