2010 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MMA_scientist
    • Nov 2009

Re: Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Do you take any roids/hgh/testosterone poopoo?

(FTR in my mind, I now pronounce your name poe-ah-poo, like an Indian). The legend of little poe-ah-poo... he ran around spearing shit in his underwear and lifting horses over his head.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• Mr. IWS
      215 Hustler
      • Sep 2006

^^^^^^LOL
      Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• poopoo333
        MMA *********
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
        is 350 a lot for a 220# guy? (Not being a smart ass- I really don't know)

At these comps do they just do bench, squat and deadlift? We actually had a powerlifting team in HS, I wasn't on it (obviously) but some of my buddies were. I though I remebered them squatting like 600#... is that a lot? (again, I really have no idea).

I can barely bench 200# (I weigh 200).
        I have never been a great bencher in my short powerlifting "career" but a 350 bench is considered "good" for local/state 220 lb lifters I guess.

Yeah, at the comps they do squat/bench/deadlift in that order, and the winner, 2nd,3rd, etc is done by the 3 lift total in each weight class. They do an overall best lifter as well, which goes by formula (has to do with total and bodyweight coefficients). And yeah, I think anything over a 600 lb squat is good...but it depends on their weight/equipment. Most high school powerlifting teams=single ply equipment. In powerlifting there is raw powerlifting, single ply powerlifting, and multi ply powerlifting. Raw powerlifting=you can wear belt, knee sleeves, wrist wraps. Single ply powerlifting=same as raw powerlifting, plus a single ply suit (for squats), single ply deadlift suit and bench shirt and knee wraps. Multi ply=big supportive briefs, double ply suits, deadlift suits, double ply bench shirts, etc

The outsiders of powerlifting are clueless of the single ply/multi ply stuff, but here:

The single ply and multi ply allow you to lift more weight. It's hard to explain to the outsiders of PLing, but the gear is basically a way to lift more weight, but you need to be more technical to get the lifts in your gear. It depends on the person and how they use their gear to determine how much they get out of their suits/bench shirts. For example...my training partner benches about 475 raw, and with his multi ply bench shirt, he benched 720 over the weekend. A lot of people disrespect geared lifting as people aren't "really lifting the weight with their own strength", but they don't understand it fully and don't realize these guys have to be strong as fuck to handle the weights they are handling and still have to be strong to do these lifts with gear.

...that was off topic but that was kind of a brief explanation of how powerlifting equipment is. I lift raw, so I never have to put up with the questions like "how much can you lift without your suit?!!?" and stuff like that...also I just enjoy lifting raw, geared lifting seems like a pain in the ass. Oh and to elaborate more on the 600 squat question, in my weight class, a 600 raw squat will currently put me @ the #17 ranked squatter in America right now (which I plan to hit this weekend). In the 242 weight class, it would put me in @ 26th in America. So if you are 242 lbs or under, a raw 600 squat is respectable according to the rankings.

Comment

• poopoo333
          MMA *********
          • Jan 2010

Do you take any roids/hgh/testosterone poopoo?

(FTR in my mind, I now pronounce your name poe-ah-poo, like an Indian). The legend of little poe-ah-poo... he ran around spearing shit in his underwear and lifting horses over his head.
          No. I really want to start a testosterone cycle because I am starting to get into the really big competitions with the drug users, but I just know it is not ideal for me being 19 years old. My natural testosterone production has to be pretty high already, and testosterone use will just fuck that up once I come off of a cycle. Even experienced steroid users know that using testosterone safely under the age of 25 or even 30 is not a good thing and advise against it

Comment

• Mr. IWS
            215 Hustler
            • Sep 2006

I need some fuckin HGH myself.
            Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• MMA_scientist
              • Nov 2009

I wore a single ply suit once... my buddy had a squat suit and a bench suit. He called them power suits... it instantly added a lot my lift... but they were not allowed to wear them in comp, that I know.

Like I said, a couple of my buddies did it and we had a really good and developed football program (State Champs 95, glory days)... which in turn lead to a really string powerlifting program. So I am familiar with it. I just didn't know if the lifts guys do in HS are comparable to what adults do...

As for the testosterone... I agree. Have you considered horse meat though?

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                • Nov 2009

two of the guys I train with just started on testosterone (prescribed- allegedly to bring them up to "natural" levels)... That shit works like magic... they both transformed their physiques in months without lifting a single weight.

Comment

• poopoo333
                  MMA *********
                  • Jan 2010

Scientist...I would love to try some horse meat haha. Maybe you should try to get some prescribed testosterone!

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                    • Nov 2009

I would, but I am too huge as it is... I am trying to lean out right now. I have been lifting 3x week circuits and doiing sprints on rest periods... Then I am putting about 5 miles a day in on my off days.

In all seriousness, I have never taken a drug of any kind. I just couldn't do it (testosterone). I like competing, but looking good is not that important to me. I am naturally sexy, I don't need anything.

Comment

• poopoo333
                      MMA *********
                      • Jan 2010

I would, but I am too huge as it is... I am trying to lean out right now. I have been lifting 3x week circuits and doiing sprints on rest periods... Then I am putting about 5 miles a day in on my off days.

In all seriousness, I have never taken a drug of any kind. I just couldn't do it (testosterone). I like competing, but looking good is not that important to me. I am naturally sexy, I don't need anything.
                      You don't need it for aesthetic purposes. I don't want it for that reason. It will help you lean out too. I am only suggesting it to you because you are old and may need it :)

Comment

Originally posted by Luke
                        Originally posted by Scott
                        Yeah, mixed with Indian Lake. Just saw 366, running late or I'd stop. .

Roundhead is a hole in the ground.

Next time we meet at Desperado's for a drink
                        Sounds good I'm only 10 minutes from Despos .

Once you've hit 33 you're only about an hour from Nationwide Arena so you got plenty of time

Just make sure once you get to Dublin you take the 270 South exit or you'll end up on a 40 mile circle going the wrong way. 270s is the first exit to the right off 33

Have fun at the game Scott
                        Luke, I am headed back again on Saturday for the Wild/Jackets game. Probably leave Fort Wayne between 12 and 1pm. I usually take 30 to 309 to 117 but I was told yesterday 30 to Thayer Road is faster (bypasses Lima city stop and go) so I can get there by 2pm or so. Need to be in Dublin (Muirfield Village) by 4pm. Let me know, Zak start driving now so you can meet us.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by poopoo333
                          You don't need it for aesthetic purposes. I don't want it for that reason. It will help you lean out too. I am only suggesting it to you because you are old and may need it :)

lol

I really do need it.

Comment

• SPX
                            • Aug 2009

I can barely bench 200# (I weigh 200).
                            I've never tested my 1 RM because I never have a spotter, but the most I've ever benched is something like 150 for 8 reps.
                            I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                              • Aug 2009

I'm not understanding how a suit of some sort will add hundreds of pounds (or really any pounds) to someone's bench press.

BTW, that's cool that you will potentially be in the top 20 in the US for something. That's impressive. I wish I was top 20 in something. I might be for being an asshole, but that's about it.
                              I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by IWS Zak
                                I need some fuckin HGH myself.
                                I just need a bigger appetite.

I just know that if I could put down like 4,000 calories a day along with lifting that I'd be able to put some size on. I can't even regularly eat 3K cals though. I just don't have the appetite and feel like shit when I'm full all the time.
                                I heart cock

Comment

Working...