Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

Performify

I feel a little bad for doing this, but since we were recently discussing the topic I felt compelled to post some of the most recent post-event comments that have been posted below Performify's UFC 109 article (he went 0-4 for the event):

Shoulda missed this card, too, Performify.
    Of course, what follows will be ... "I was on the right side of (insert fight here)."
    You went 0-4 in your picks. I know you'll say it is easy to criticize after the fact but come on, if this is your shtick you have to bat at a better percentage than 0.
    This Performify idiot gets every pick wrong every fucking card, yet always claims to have some outrageous 95-75 record or some shit.

You are a fucking clown Performify; nobody takes you seriously so shut the fuck up and quit trying to make predictions.
    This guy is just a joke. not only did he go 0-4 he was also talking up marquart as if he couldn't lose as well and QUOTE "absolutely loved the line at -250". ha ha ha ha. how bad a handicapper can you be?

Notice on the rare occasion he recommends winners he's straight on these boards after the event stating how much he's won. Where is he now??

Also why no picks for UFC 108? - I'll tell you - because there were evenly matched fights and he had no f**king idea who was going to win.

Some expert
    Seems the tide is quickly turning against him considering just a handful of events ago everyone was on his dick.
    I heart cock
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

Re: Performify

Here are some of Performify's comments on Twitter:

Swick -200 over Thiago. More technical striking, speed and his takedown defense will be too much for Paulo
    Trigg +125 over Serra. Serra can't answer Trigg's wrestling, size or strength. Serra's striking is overrated.
    Ronys Torres (-113) over Melvin Guillard. Melvin can't keep it standing and Torres' BJJ too good for poor sub defense & fight execution.
    Rolles Gracie (-475) over Joey Beltran. Beltran doesn't remotely have the rounded skills or sub defense. Plus fighting on a week's notice
    I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
      10 year vet
      • Oct 2006

Didnt most eveyone lose on UFC 109? Why is this guy special?
      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
        • Aug 2009

He's special because he's perhaps the most well known MMA capper due the high visibility his MMA Junkie write-ups. Also, a lot of it has to do with the fact that he's been losing quite consistently for several events in a row now. We were discussing it in another thread.
        I heart cock

Comment

• Mr. IWS
          215 Hustler
          • Sep 2006

I hate to see anyone lose, but if that shit happened over here, the ban hammer will be in full effect quickly.
          Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• Luke
            10 year vet
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX
            He's special because he's perhaps the most well known MMA capper due the high visibility his MMA Junkie write-ups. Also, a lot of it has to do with the fact that he's been losing quite consistently for several events in a row now. We were discussing it in another thread.

oh, never heard of the guy is why I asked
            2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Mr. IWS
              215 Hustler
              • Sep 2006

Swick -200 over Thiago. More technical striking, speed and his takedown defense will be too much for Paulo
              Trigg +125 over Serra. Serra can't answer Trigg's wrestling, size or strength. Serra's striking is overrated.
              Ronys Torres (-113) over Melvin Guillard. Melvin can't keep it standing and Torres' BJJ too good for poor sub defense & fight execution.
              Rolles Gracie (-475) over Joey Beltran. Beltran doesn't remotely have the rounded skills or sub defense. Plus fighting on a week's notice
              Dam, its like the exact opposite happened in all those fights. Thats kind of hard to do.
              Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                • Nov 2009

I saw the Swick, Rolles, and Torres fights the same way.

I did not bet on Torres because of his weak competition.

That Trigg bet is just terrible. I also thought he would win (maybe 52%), but that is a pretty bad bet, IMO.

Like I said, he is kind of a hack. Like the guy that keeps losing at poker and blaming the draw. At some point, its you.

Hate to see him torn apart, but its all pretty accurate. That said, he is not charging for his picks, so he doesnt owe anybody anything.
                2012: +19.33
                2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• SPX
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
                  That Trigg bet is just terrible. I also thought he would win (maybe 52%), but that is a pretty bad bet, IMO.
                  I'll admit you guys had me a little scared, but I knew the GSP killer should not by any means lose to Frank Trigg.

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
                  Like I said, he is kind of a hack. Like the guy that keeps losing at poker and blaming the draw. At some point, its you.

Hate to see him torn apart, but its all pretty accurate. That said, he is not charging for his picks, so he doesnt owe anybody anything.
                  Yeah, I think it's interesting how fast the tide has turned. Just a few months ago whenever someone had made a comment like that plenty of people were there to defend him. Now his defenders are rapidly dwindling, with there being fewer each time. But MMA fans--and people in general--are that way. When you're winning, you're awesome, but when you lose, you're an overrated piece of shit.
                  I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
                    • Sep 2009

Well, who knows if Trigg could've won. The fact is that he came out with the worst gameplan ever.
                    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zY|
                      Well, who knows if Trigg could've won. The fact is that he came out with the worst gameplan ever.
                      Well, considering the fact that there have been MUCH bigger upsets, I'm sure Trigg COULD have won. If they fought 100 times, I'm sure Trigg would win at least a single time. But even if he Trigg had come out with a wrestling game plan I'm not sure Serra would have had a big problem with it. I'm not saying he wouldn't either, but Serra's a good grappler himself and he threw Hughes like a ragdoll in the third. I have watched a lot of Trigg's fights and honestly I don't think his wrestling is even what everyone thinks it is.
                      I heart cock

Comment

• triathlete
                        • Jan 2010

I think it's tough on him, too. I mean, MMA betting popularity is growing pretty rapidly, and as more people are getting on and reading forums (perhaps exponentially more each day) they're reading that about him.

I started there, reading his stuff on Junkie...

The issue is he can't disappear, then he'll get labeled as a quitter. He has to keep making picks, stick to it, and try to pull some crazy ass win streak out of somewhere... but with the way he's been picking.. it's going to be tough.

He's in a real tough spot.

I thought I read somewhere, though, that he's done pretty poorly for a while... might be a good marketing ploy though. He can throw his picks out there knowing people will be on the site (exposed to ads) to tell him what a dipshit he is...

Comment

• zY|
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                          Originally posted by zY|
                          Well, considering the fact that there have been MUCH bigger upsets, I'm sure Trigg COULD have won. If they fought 100 times, I'm sure Trigg would win at least a single time. But even if he Trigg had come out with a wrestling game plan I'm not sure Serra would have had a big problem with it. I'm not saying he wouldn't either, but Serra's a good grappler himself and he threw Hughes like a ragdoll in the third. I have watched a lot of Trigg's fights and honestly I don't think his wrestling is even what everyone thinks it is.
                          Right, but it's not unreasonable to think he was worth a play at +125 if he came in and tried to do what Hughes did. I mean, the guy's fucking career was on the line. I sure as hell didn't expect him to stand there flatfooted and upright and trade with Serra. Even Chris Leben didn't do that in his last fight and he's as brawler as they come.
                          Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• Luke
                            10 year vet
                            • Oct 2006

[quote=zY|]
                            Originally posted by SPX
                            Originally posted by "zY|":39xeu9ip
                            Right, but it's not unreasonable to think he was worth a play at +125 if he came in and tried to do what Hughes did. I mean, the guy's fucking career was on the line. I sure as hell didn't expect him to stand there flatfooted and upright and trade with Serra. Even Chris Leben didn't do that in his last fight and he's as brawler as they come.[/quote:39xeu9ip]

Coleman and Trigg both.

Both of their careers were on the line and both are wrestlers and both tried to win a striking match. Either they are stupid or they just had really ,really bad gameplans

But to say Trigg at +125 was a bad bet when whoever bet him would think he'd wrestle and not stand is wrong imo
                            2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by triathlete
                              I started there, reading his stuff on Junkie...
                              Me too. I started with his wagering guide.

The issue is he can't disappear, then he'll get labeled as a quitter. He has to keep making picks, stick to it, and try to pull some crazy ass win streak out of somewhere... but with the way he's been picking.. it's going to be tough.
                              He's probably thinking--hoping!--that he's just experiencing negative variance and will rebound here pretty soon. Overall he appears to still be ahead about 20 units, though honestly only being up 20 units since UFC 75 isn't all that exciting.

I thought I read somewhere, though, that he's done pretty poorly for a while... might be a good marketing ploy though. He can throw his picks out there knowing people will be on the site (exposed to ads) to tell him what a dipshit he is...
                              Ha ha, yeah, well I really doubt that's his plan. It's gotta be a real downer seeing people who used to support you slowly turn against you.
                              I heart cock

Comment

Working...