• Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

Swick VS Thiago

Doing research on this one right now.

What's everyone think?

Preliminary thoughts:

Swick's striking will definitely be better than Thiago's. On the ground, Thiago SHOULD have the advantage. While Thiago did get out-grappled against Fitch, Fitch does that to everyone so I'm not sure we should read too much into. Also, Thiago soundly defeated Volkmann, who is a no-gi world champion. So the question seems to be: Will Paulo Thiago be able to deal with Swick's height/reach and take him down? And if/when it goes to the ground, will Swick surprise us by using his size to his advantage and actually out-grappling Thiago?

I can get Swick for -205 or Thiago for +175.

Hmm. . .

Okay, back to watching these guys fight some more.
    I heart cock
  • UKDonkbet
    • Jan 2010

Re: Swick VS Thiago

Only Okami has been able to effectively keep Swick on his back. I see Swick having the edge techincally in striking, a big edge. If it goes to the ground I think Swick's jitz is good enough to help nullify whatever edge Thiago would have on the ground and Thiago will have eat a bunch of shots in his take down attempts. Swick is the more weel rounded fighter here. Got Swick at -190 for 1.5u

Comment

• zY|
      • Sep 2009

I like Thiago as an underdog much better than Swick as a favorite at -205.

Then again I might just still be pissed at Swick for losing to Hardy.
      Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• Mr. IWS
        215 Hustler
        • Sep 2006

Ill probably pass, but Thiago is starting to grow on me.
        Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• MMA_scientist
          • Nov 2009

I think Swick will win, but Thiago has looked good in his last few outings. I think Thiago is a better fighter, but teh mathup favors Swick alot. I don't like the odds on Swick though. I would probably take him at -150
          2012: +19.33
          2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• SPX
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zY|
            I like Thiago as an underdog much better than Swick as a favorite at -205.

Then again I might just still be pissed at Swick for losing to Hardy.
            This is kind of where I'm at. I could easily see Swick coming out and outclassing Thiago in all areas, even grappling. But on the other hand, I could see Thiago getting him down and controlling the fight for a decision.

At the current odds, I'll probably stay away. I think I'd take Swick at -150 or Thiago at +200.
            I heart cock

Comment

• Mr. IWS
              215 Hustler
              • Sep 2006

side note.......anyone else from AKA for Thiago to fight after Swick? LOL
              Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• SPX
                • Aug 2009

Thiago's at +180 on 5dimes. That's getting pretty close to play-worthy.
                I heart cock

Comment

Working...