• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luke
    10 year vet
    • Oct 2006

Re: MMA Junkie's Performify Analyzes Vera/Couture

Originally posted by zY|
    BTW there is definitely variance and I'm going small on Vera simply because he has the capacity to just go full retard and throw the fight away.

full retard
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Luke
      10 year vet
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX
      Originally posted by Luke
      I've been wrong before man.I'm much much better at boxing than MMA betting.I want to hear Zaks thoughts on this fight he's better at MMA than me. I really like Randy in this one but remember I liked Randy against NOG. I just dont think much of Vera or hi ability
      Well I've been thinking from the beginning that I was going to go with Couture or not at all. I've been contemplating it quite a bit. I can't say I'm confident in this one, but fuck it. Let's roll.

WAR COUTURE!

Lets roll .I'm going big and am confident
      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
        • Aug 2009

Wins against Krzysztof Soszynski ,Michael Patt ,and Reese Andy bum ,bum ,bum
        Patt and Andy, maybe, but K-Sos is a damn good fighter. He might not be a contender, but he's solid and very respectable competition.
        I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by zY|
          I think looking at Randy's last 2 fights is applicable in this case considering how old he is. We're not looking at anomalies, we're looking at depreciation. Nog has slowed down quite a bit and Randy still looked slow compared to him. Vera is going to be significantly faster and I don't think Randy will be able to handle it. Even if Randy finds some success with his predictable gameplan of clinchwork and takedowns, I don't believe he has the offense required to really hurt Vera, nor do I think he can win 2 of 3 rounds. Randy can really only win a decision here. Vera can also win a decision just as easily, or he can catch Randy and knock him out at any time, possibly even submit him. I think Vera ends Randy's career Saturday night.

I know one thing for sure Randy isnt getting submitted .If Nog couldnt do it Vera has no chance of submitting him.

You like Vera please explain why he has only won 3 of his last 6 fights

Wins against Krzysztof Soszynski ,Michael Patt ,and Reese Andy bum ,bum ,bum

Losses against Keith Jardine ,Fabricio Werdum ,and Tim Sylvia B level fighter,B level fighter, B level figter

Silvia is as slow as a fighter gets and he couldnt beat him

He cant even beat guys B level fighters how is he going to beat a legend that knows everything there is to know about MMA fighting ,game plainning ,and closing the distance?
          Christ. If you wanna go all Sherdog on me then two can play that game. :)

When was Randy's last win at LHW? 2005? Mike Van who?

Vera has lost 3 of his 6. Ok let's see, Randy has lost....3 of his last 6. Also he hasn't won a fight at all in over 2 years.

As far as Brandon's losses go...

If Jardine is a B level fighter then Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin must be some real chumps to lose to such a can. Besides his fight with Vera was a razor thin decision that realistically could've gone either way.

Werdum is a B level fighter? Why? Because he lost to JDS? Dos Santos would smash Randy too. Werdum beat Gonzaga just like Randy. Twice actually. And faster than Randy. Beside, the stoppage in the Werdum/Vera fight was absolutely godawful terrible, and one of Dan MIragliotta's finest moments. How this is considered a legit loss is beyond me.

The Sylvia fight is his worst loss, and even then he wasn't taking much damage. If I remember correctly it was a boring clinch war. Tim may be slow and awkward but he knows how to use his physical tools well, namely his reach/jab and his size in the clinch. He may be a B level fighter by today's standards considering how fat and sloppy he showed up to get knocked out by Ray Mercer, but 2 years ago he was anything but the sort. The same Sylvia turned Nogueira into hamburger meat for 2 rounds. I hate to get too much into MMA math but that's the same Nogueira that just dominated Randy in September.
          Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• zY|
            • Sep 2009

Although I have to admit, for 46 years old(or any age for that matter), Randy Couture is in TREMENDOUS shape!

I'm a little over half his age and much sloppier.

Comment

• SPX
              • Aug 2009

^^^ He'd kick MY ass, that's for sure.

Also, it's undoubtedly the angle, but he looks YOUNG there, even in his goofy ass face he's sporting.
              I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
                10 year vet
                • Oct 2006

Vera is a bum

j/k lol

that fight could hve went either way on the scorecards.
                2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                  215 Hustler
                  • Sep 2006

Hell of a 3rd round, could have went either way.

I think Handy took it on the escape/exchange at the end of the 3rd round.
                  Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• zY|
                    • Sep 2009

Terrible decision. Randy was holding onto the clinch for dear life. This clinch and do nothing and win a fight shit is killing MMA. Even Clay Guida would've balked at this decision.

Comment

• zY|
                      • Sep 2009

BTW Fuck Dan Hardy. I was big on Swick. I like the guy but I can't wait to see him destroyed by GSP.

Comment

• Luke
                        10 year vet
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by zY|
                        BTW Fuck Dan Hardy. I was big on Swick. I like the guy but I can't wait to see him destroyed by GSP.

sorry man about the Swick fight

Vera couldnt get away and Randy sure wasnt letting him get away
                        2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• zY|
                          • Sep 2009

You can't win a fight by forcing a stalemate. It was actually a bad matchup for Randy. His only way to win was to do what he did, but the guy he was fighting is an accomplished Greco guy as well, so it ends up being a boring fench fight.

Although if Vera had finished it in the 2nd round like he should have, we wouldn't be having this conversation. How you gonna knee a man in the body so hard he doubles over and turns away from you, then fall in his guard, throw one punch and lay there? I don't know what Vera's problem is. He has the skills to compete with anyone, but he seems to make poor decisions in fights.

Randy doesn't take damage well at all anymore. I hope for his sake they don't have him fight Shogun or Machida. Talk about a bloodbath.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                            215 Hustler
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zY|
                            How you gonna knee a man in the body so hard he doubles over and turns away from you, then fall in his guard, throw one punch and lay there?
                            Couldnt agree more.
                            Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• Luke
                              10 year vet
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by zY|
                              You can't win a fight by forcing a stalemate. It was actually a bad matchup for Randy. His only way to win was to do what he did, but the guy he was fighting is an accomplished Greco guy as well, so it ends up being a boring fench fight.

Although if Vera had finished it in the 2nd round like he should have, we wouldn't be having this conversation. How you gonna knee a man in the body so hard he doubles over and turns away from you, then fall in his guard, throw one punch and lay there? I don't know what Vera's problem is. He has the skills to compete with anyone, but he seems to make poor decisions in fights.

Randy doesn't take damage well at all anymore. I hope for his sake they don't have him fight Shogun or Machida. Talk about a bloodbath.

Veras a bum thats why.I think all the laying on him by Randy made him tired or he's just that dumb.

How do you say:
                              You can't win a fight by forcing a stalemate
                              and then say:
                              His only way to win was to do what he did
                              You're counterdicting yourself

He did what he knew he had to do to win the fight
                              2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• zY|
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by zY|

Veras a bum thats why.I think all the laying on him by Randy made him tired or he's just that dumb.

How do you say:
                                You can't win a fight by forcing a stalemate
                                and then say:[quote:3ognz1vy]His only way to win was to do what he did
                                You're counterdicting yourself

He did what he knew he had to do to win the fight[/quote:3ognz1vy]

Stop trolling me. Randy is a bum and will lose his next fight guaranteed. 17-10 what a legendary record.

I'm not contradicting myself. I'm saying his gameplan was the only thing that could possibly work. I'm at the same time saying it failed.

Comment

Working...