2013 Off Topic Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

Went to see Iron Man 3 today. Pretty good. Better than the second film, but perhaps still not as good as the first.
    I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
      • Sep 2009

I thought Pain and Gain was terrible.
      Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• SPX
        • Aug 2009

Why?
        I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SPX
          Looks pretty different from Olympus Has Fallen. . .

totes diff

Comment

• zY|
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SPX
            Why?
            Way too long mostly. I enjoyed the first hour, but the gimmick wore thin pretty quickly and I was just wondering when it would end.

Comment

• SPX
              • Aug 2009

I thought it could've been a bit shorter as well, but overall I loved it. The story was unique and interesting, all the performances were great and The Rock was hilarious, Bay's somewhat toned down style suited the film, and I have to admit that despite his obvious delusions that I found Daniel Lugo (the movie version, not so much the real version) to kind of be an inspiring character. Dude had a vision of a better life and went after that shit.
              I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
                • Sep 2009

Maybe terrible was too strong a word. I just thought the 2nd half was really bad. And after awhile the attempts at humor were seriously reaching.

Inspiring character? Meh. I did like how Bay portrayed them as the total idiots they were.

Comment

• SPX
                  • Aug 2009

I would've maybe cut out 15 or 20 minutes, but it was the most fun I've had at the movies in a while.

And I generally give respect to anyone who has the balls to actually go out into the world and try to really make something of themselves. What sucks about the Daniel Lugo character was that he was misguided on how to direct his energy. Kind of like Hitler. I respect Hitler for being able to go from being nothing to damn near ruling the world . . . even if I don't respect some of his specific aims or methods.
                  I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
                    • Sep 2009

The actual story is certainly interesting.

Miami news, Florida news, Miami events, Miami music, Miami restaurants, Miami things to do, Miami New Times

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

Yeah, I've read half of it. I'm going to finish it eventually.
                      I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                        • Nov 2009

Start my triathlon training today. August 17 is the race. I decided to do the Olympic swim 1 mile, bike 25 miles, run 6.2 miles) rather than the sprint distance (frankly, the sprint would be too easy for me, I wouldn't be motivated by fear of exhaust and collapse to train, which is the whole point of the tri).

I can do the bike easy, I can do the run. It is the swim, a mile is a long ass swim, I might drown.
                        Last edited by MMA_scientist; 05-06-2013, 02:02 PM.
                        2012: +19.33
                        2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• SPX
                          • Aug 2009

Good luck.

I have tentative plans to one day do a sprint triathlon. That's plenty long for me, especially in regard to running. I've actually been trying to run lately but there's something up with my ankles. They hurt in a way that's more than just regular stress or soreness when I'm going down the road. I think it may have something to do with my shoes. I hope it's that simple because the shit sucks.
                          I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                            • Nov 2009

Yeah, my body is starting to dislike running. I can run a long way, I am just not very fast. But I have no doubt I could walk out the door right now and do a 5K at a shuffling 9 or 10 minute mile pace, even though I haven't run in at least a year. I ride my bike all the time, and I can easily ride 25 miles, so that is no problem, the 12 miles for a sprint is like 1 leg of my daily commute (it is actually 9 miles and I do it damn near every day- 18 miles total). I decided to ratchet up the distance so that I would have some level of intimidation. Doing a 5k plus half of my daily ride is less work is not worth gearing up for.

I wish I could just do the 1/2 mile swim though, I really don't need to be swimming in open water for an hour straight. That is going to suck. I am a good swimmer, but my shoulders are jacked and I have no cardio for it, I just die after like 1 lap in the pool. The other issue is that I don't really like swimming or going to the gym to work out... so training for it is problematic. But I am going to commit to it for the summer.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                              I've actually been trying to run lately but there's something up with my ankles. They hurt in a way that's more than just regular stress or soreness when I'm going down the road. I think it may have something to do with my shoes. I hope it's that simple because the shit sucks.
                              Is it actually on your ankles? Maybe it is shin splints? Never heard of that. It hurts my knees more than anything, but I am also 210# of pavement pounding man flesh.

Comment

• edman5555
                                • Apr 2010

swimming is really hard unless your good at it.
                                1 unit = 300 $

Comment

Working...