UFC on FX 7 Vitor Belfort vs Michael Bisping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edman5555
    • Apr 2010

Those were also many many years ago, it is hard to use them as a reference. Wrestling has become more important every year, I am sure he trains it much more than he used to.
    1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• Svino
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by edman5555
      Those were also many many years ago, it is hard to use them as a reference. Wrestling has become more important every year, I am sure he trains it much more than he used to.
      If his TDD had looked a lot better in recent fights, I would agree. But I think I see the same Vitor.

Comment

• edman5555
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Svino
        If his TDD had looked a lot better in recent fights, I would agree. But I think I see the same Vitor.
        Yeah I think I should watch him fight AJ again. That was the only fight he was taken down in correct?
        1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• SPX
          • Aug 2009

And the Jones fight, of course.

The thing is that he knocked everyone else out in the first minute or so since he got back to the UFC (with the exception of Anderson). So most guys haven't even really gotten the chance to get him down.
          I heart cock

Comment

• edman5555
            • Apr 2010

Good point. I haven't watched the Jones fight. I should watch that one. How was it?
            1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• Svino
              • Mar 2010

Vitor took an interesting gameplan with Jones. Basically, every time Jones got close to a TD, Vitor pulled guard.

Comment

• edman5555
                • Apr 2010

Well he came in heavily muscled. If he tried to fight every takedown he would probably lose just because Jones is a way better wrestler. That would eventually cause him to gas out horribbly. I bet he probably figured he had a good shot at submitting Jones off his back.
                1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• edman5555
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by poopoo333
                  I really hope they add one more fight for the co main event.

Line guesses on Bisping/Belfort? I think it will be around even, but I wouldn't mind see Bisping come out around +150. Most likely that will not happen, as Belcher was +165 against Belfort when that fight was scheduled.

Gonzaga/Rothwell is pretty interesting.

Markes/Craig is going to be a good one...I will probably keep riding the Markes wagon.

I am going to be betting Lentz over Nunes at + numbers (Why is this not on the main card?)

Salas has potential for the upset over Barboza.
                  I think Craig has been very lucky so far. He nailed Natal with that head kick after losing the first round and Kyle Noke was injured for their fight. I think Markes will run right through him.

Betting Lentz over Nunes? I don't get that at all. Can you explain? Lentz likes to get inside and box/wrestle IMO. Nunes has good takedown defense and good movement. How do you see Lentz beating him. Do you expect nunes to gas or something?
                  1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• edman5555
                    • Apr 2010

I think Yuri Alcantra should be able to beat George Roop too.
                    1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• edman5555
                      • Apr 2010

Poopoo, why lentz over nunes? i am really interested in this one.
                      1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• poopoo333
                        MMA *********
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by edman5555
                        Poopoo, why lentz over nunes? i am really interested in this one.
                        I just have a feeling he will be a decent sized dog and I like betting top control wrestler guys (or guys who go for takedowns against the cage and stay there for 15 minutes) at + odds.

Comment

• edman5555
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by poopoo333
                          I just have a feeling he will be a decent sized dog and I like betting top control wrestler guys (or guys who go for takedowns against the cage and stay there for 15 minutes) at + odds.
                          why are you feeling so confident in Lentz? He leaned on Winner for the decison, almost literally. He had a very close fight with Tyson griffin, losing in a lot of peoples eyes. He lost the first two rounds to Waylon Lowe before choking him out. He got the crap kicked out of him by Oliviera. Then he lost to Bocek and Dunham. Granted he did ok in some of those fights and they are at 155 pounds but why do you feel like he beats Nunes? I feel like it could be close but I also think that Nunes style might be really hard for him. He has pretty good takedown defense, not amazing..but he moves around really well and has good striking. I could see Lentz having a lot of trouble tracking him down to make this fight an up close gritty contest. Those are the type of fights he wins. I think he loses rangy fights like Nunes would probably like to impose here.
                          1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• poopoo333
                            MMA *********
                            • Jan 2010

I am not "so confident" in him.

Comment

• edman5555
                              • Apr 2010

ok
                              1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• edman5555
                                • Apr 2010

I get it. He is a pushy wrestler coming down in weight that has done well so far at 145 that will probably be a dog.
                                1 unit = 300 $

Comment

Working...