X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luke
    10 year vet
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX
    Yes, that is what men do . . . instead of tapping and losing they allow themselves to get badly injured before losing anyway.

Sounds like more of something a caveman would do.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• MMA_scientist
      • Nov 2009

Sonnen could have survived IMO. If ever there was a time to fight to the end, that was it, that is all I am saying.
      2012: +19.33
      2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• poopoo333
        MMA *********
        • Jan 2010

Comment

• MMA_scientist
          • Nov 2009

Anderson doesn't have no 19% body fat.

Comment

• Luke
            10 year vet
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
            Sonnen could have survived IMO. If ever there was a time to fight to the end, that was it, that is all I am saying.
            I agree with that. With the title on the line and less than two minutes remaining I would have passed out first before tapping. Chael said he tapped from the choke not the armbar,but I'd still tap rather than have my arm broke no matter what the circumstances were.
            2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Mr. IWS
              215 Hustler
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Luke
              Roy Jones wasn't 38 when he fought Griffin,speed is almost gone by that age. We all know what Roy was doing at 38
              I was speaking more about how people thought Griffin had Jones number, and was gonna beat him.

Im still mad RJJ "Jonesed" us losing to that White guy a couple years ago.
              Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Luke
                I agree with that. With the title on the line and less than two minutes remaining I would have passed out first before tapping. Chael said he tapped from the choke not the armbar,but I'd still tap rather than have my arm broke no matter what the circumstances were.
                Oh, see I just figured he tapped to the armbar, because no self respecting man would tap to a choke in that circumstance. Hell, plenty of guys don't tap to a choke in a local grappling tourney. Nothing bad happens when you go to sleep, I hear you might shit your pants, but I have seen hundreds of guys fall asleep in practice and nothing ever happens except they wake up and deny they were out.

I tap to a joint lock regadless if I know I am stuck. But it didn't look fully locked to me, and now that you say he tapped to the choke, that makes sense. Tapping to a choke though, there is really no reason to do it, especially in a title fight. Fight it all the way to naptown.
                Last edited by MMA_scientist; 04-27-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• poopoo333
                  MMA *********
                  • Jan 2010

So do you guys think Sonnen wins ITD this time?

Comment

• Luke
                    10 year vet
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by poopoo333
                    So do you guys think Sonnen wins ITD this time?
                    I think he wins by decision
                    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Luke
                      10 year vet
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mr. IWS
                      I was speaking more about how people thought Griffin had Jones number, and was gonna beat him.

Im still mad RJJ "Jonesed" us losing to that White guy a couple years ago.

Good old Montel Griffin, going from beating a prime Roy Jones through 8 rounds to a gatekeeper in boxing...........what a life fail!
                      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Luke
                        10 year vet
                        • Oct 2006

Oh, see I just figured he tapped to the armbar, because no self respecting man would tap to a choke in that circumstance. Hell, plenty of guys don't tap to a choke in a local grappling tourney. Nothing bad happens when you go to sleep, I hear you might shit your pants, but I have seen hundreds of guys fall asleep in practice and nothing ever happens except they wake up and deny they were out.

I tap to a joint lock regadless if I know I am stuck. But it didn't look fully locked to me, and now that you say he tapped to the choke, that makes sense. Tapping to a choke though, there is really no reason to do it, especially in a title fight. Fight it all the way to naptown.

Yeah,my ass would have went to shitmypantsville during a title fight,not really sure why he admitted doing that. I guess most people don't give it a second thought.

BTW, edmann
                        2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
                          • Aug 2009

Anderson doesn't have no 19% body fat.
                          He may in between fights. He's not even that ripped on fight night and he definitely doesn't look that ripped in those pics.
                          I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
                            10 year vet
                            • Oct 2006

again for poopoo.

This will be the first PPV I've bought in years
                            2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• edman5555
                              • Apr 2010

Just found something interesting while researching. Demian maia was definetely sick for the weidman fight. I watched a video posted 4 days before the weidman fight and he was sneazing and sniffling pretty bad. That explains his gassing. I think he probably would have won that fighht if he was healthy.
                              1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• Ludo
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by edman5555
                                Just found something interesting while researching. Demian maia was definetely sick for the weidman fight. I watched a video posted 4 days before the weidman fight and he was sneazing and sniffling pretty bad. That explains his gassing. I think he probably would have won that fighht if he was healthy.
                                He wouldn't have won that fight with a head start and a loaded glove. Even if he hadn't gassed as quickly he still would have gassed at some point. Weidman always had the out with takedowns and I think he's just scrappy enough on the ground to survive Maia's bottom game via top control.
                                2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
                                Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
                                Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
                                Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Comment

Working...