2012 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

I have no idea what that is.
    I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
      • Sep 2009

'Ask me anything'
      Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• Ludo
        • Jan 2010

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/29...g-out-mma-news

In light of the recent mess that was the cancelation of UFC 151, we still have yet to see the end of the aftermath. Not too many people came out of this looking great, except maybe Chael Sonnen, the unlikely "hero" in this story. Some people have come out of this cast in very deprecatory ways, few more than UFC light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones. In a recent article from The Wrestling Observer (Subscription required), there's yet another piece of information that will add fuel to the Jon Jones fire:

Jones was very upset after Chael began calling him out and mocking him on Twitter, going as far as to contact White and ask him to tell Chael to stop.

Even if you're an avid Jones supporter, it's hard to cast this in a positive light. Sure, it may not always be fun to be the butt of ten thousand Chael Sonnen jokes, but that's not something you can just ask Dana White to stop. It just seems childish for a professional athlete to respond so oddly to a little bit of heat from a possible competitor.

Also from the article, we see more of Jones, as his recent appearance on a radio show is analyzed, and what Jon said makes him look like a hypocrite:

About a week before this all went down, he went on a radio show and talked about how Chael was undeserving of the fight coming off the loss to Anderson Silva, and that he was disrespectful and not the type of person he'd want to give a title shot to anyway. The host noted that Chael wouldn't be able to take Bones down, and unlike Henderson, also a wrestler, he didn't possess the power punch standing and wasn't a finisher. The host told Jones to take the paycheck and shut the guy up. At that point Jones said yes, you're right, I'll fight Chael any time, any where.

There is hardly a positive way to look at this. Jones clearly says he'd do something he doesn't end up doing, despite the situation providing him the ability. Though he may be one of the greatest fighters to ever live, Jones constantly trips up with words, saying things he doesn't really mean, or things he can't or won't follow up on. It's hard to watch, because we're seeing such a great fighter open himself up for ridicule based on the things he says. Hopefully, this situation will be over soon, and everyone can just put this behind them. It's been a pretty rough week for many people, especially Jon Jones.
        BO-fucking-L!
        2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
        Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
        Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
        Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Comment

• SPX
          • Aug 2009

BOL!!!!!!

I wonder what Dana's response was when Jon asked him "to tell Chael to stop."
          I heart cock

Comment

• Mr. IWS
            215 Hustler
            • Sep 2006

Dana can hate Jones now all he wants, but Bones is shaping up to be the biggest heel in MMA history the way this shit is snowballing. His PPV numbers are going to be up now, no matter who he fights.
            Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• SPX
              • Aug 2009

Yeah, it's funny how its working out since he initially tried to go the GSP route and be super-polite and "professional" and all that shit. Mr. Nice Guy Jon Jones.
              I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                • Aug 2009

You know, when you reinstall the OS on your computer, it almost feels like getting a fresh start on life in general.
                I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                  • Aug 2009

I went and saw The Campaign the other day. Shit is funny.

If you usually get into Will Farrell movies then it will probably crack you up.
                  I heart cock

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                    215 Hustler
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SPX
                    I went and saw The Campaign the other day. Shit is funny.

If you usually get into Will Farrell movies then it will probably crack you up.
                    Shit looks funny as hell. Im gonna try to grab it this weekend.

Comment

• poopoo333
                      MMA *********
                      • Jan 2010

I loved it. Funniest movie I have seen in awhile.

Comment

• zY|
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                        You know, when you reinstall the OS on your computer, it almost feels like getting a fresh start on life in general.
                        It's the best. Everything is fast and clean. Not bogged down by bullshit.

And in case you didn't know, http://ninite.com/ is the world's greatest website after you reformat.

Comment

• SPX
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Mr. IWS
                          Shit looks funny as hell. Im gonna try to grab it this weekend.
                          Originally posted by poopoo333
                          I loved it. Funniest movie I have seen in awhile.

Not many comedies make me literally laugh out loud but this one did a few times. I liked it. Not sure why the critical reception was so mixed.

Zach Galifianakis was so different than any other character I'd seen him play. Dude really is an actor, I guess.
                          I heart cock

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                            215 Hustler
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SPX
                            Not many comedies make me literally laugh out loud but this one did a few times. I liked it. Not sure why the critical reception was so mixed.

Zach Galifianakis was so different than any other character I'd seen him play. Dude really is an actor, I guess.
                            Im a huge fan of both of those idiots.

Comment

• SPX
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zY|
                              It's the best. Everything is fast and clean. Not bogged down by bullshit.
                              It's awesome. Running 64-bit now so going to order some more RAM.

I also bought Adobe Creative Suite 6 with a whole shitload of programs, like Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc. Should be fun getting into that.

Originally posted by zY|
                              And in case you didn't know, http://ninite.com/ is the world's greatest website after you reformat.
                              I didn't know. I'll have to check that out.
                              I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                                It's awesome. Running 64-bit now so going to order some more RAM.

I also bought Adobe Creative Suite 6 with a whole shitload of programs, like Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc. Should be fun getting into that.
                                Yeah I like to reformat with a fresh install at least once a year. Once I notice it start slowing down. How much did you pay for that Creative Suite?

I didn't know. I'll have to check that out.
                                Yeah, basically it has a huge list of common programs. You just check off everything you want and it automatically downloads and installs everything for you in one shot. It's awesome.

Comment

Working...