2012 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MMA_scientist
    • Nov 2009

That's a weird list.

I didn't care for The English Patient, but didn't it win an Oscar for Best Picture? So the Best Picture of the year is in your top 5 worst movies of all time?

Sometimes I think you just say things to be contrary.

War of the Worlds was shitty, but no worse than 90% of the stuff you say you like.

The Good Shepherd was not good IMO, but it wasn't anywhere near the worst thing ever. It was just a pretty ok piece of shit movie that was boring.

I don't even know what Warrior Way is, but I can tell by the title that it is a horrible piece of trash, so I can probably agree there. My guess is some kind of martial arts movie probably about a hitman of some kind.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• SPX
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
      I didn't care for The English Patient, but didn't it win an Oscar for Best Picture? So the Best Picture of the year is in your top 5 worst movies of all time?

Sometimes I think you just say things to be contrary.
      I didn't say that was my top 5 worst movies of all time, it was just a random list I compiled off the top of my head.

But how that movie won an Oscar is beyond movie. Horrible movie. One of the most boring pieces of shit in the history of film.

War of the Worlds was shitty, but no worse than 90% of the stuff you say you like.
      Honestly War of the Worlds probably just falls into that mediocre category like most movies, but because of the source mateiral and because it was from Spielberg, I had high expectations. Big disappointment. Kind of like Cowboys and Aliens.

The Good Shepherd was not good IMO, but it wasn't anywhere near the worst thing ever. It was just a pretty ok piece of shit movie that was boring.
      Horrible movie.

Long. Boring. Incomprehensible plot.

I don't even know what Warrior Way is, but I can tell by the title that it is a horrible piece of trash, so I can probably agree there. My guess is some kind of martial arts movie probably about a hitman of some kind.
      I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
        • Aug 2009

Other shitty movies:

Babylon A.D.
        Immortals
        Batman and Robin
        Last edited by SPX; 01-16-2012, 04:21 PM.
        I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
          • Nov 2009

I only saw Batman and Robin of that group... and yeah, that was tepid filth. I had the misfortune of re-watching it a few months ago while my son was on a batman kick.

I guess I just don't even bother with things like "Babylon AD" because you know right away that it is going to suck. If it is a surprise and somehow good, I will hear about it (like with Firefly, although I think it was praised so much simply because it was not the worst movie ever, as expected. It was average IMO, nothing to get excited about).

I watched a bunch of movies the last few weeks. I watched Moneyball and liked it ok, nothing great, but passable.

I watched 50/50 and was pretty disappointed to find out that it wasn't funny at all and the trailers were totally misleading. It might have been better had I been expecting a drama about someone dying...

I finally watched 127 hours. I liked it ok, better than 90% of movies, but since I know the story well, it was sort of just a countdown to cutting off the arm. Still, it was pretty decent IMO.

Can't remember, I saw something else too... it must not have been very good because I can't even remember what it was.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
            • Nov 2009

Oh yeah, I remember. Company Men. Not bad at all, surprisingly decent. And I also watched Margin Call and I really liked that one a lot. Spock reminded me of how I imagine svino if he wasn't a communist.

Comment

• SPX
              • Aug 2009

I'm always up for a good Vin Diesel action movie, so I was hoping Babylon A.D. would be good. But it was not. Even Vin Diesel said so.

I thought Moneyball was good. Could've been a bit more peppy.

Haven't seen 50/50 or 127 Hours. I've heard mixed reviews on 50/50. And everyone seems to think that 127 Hours is great, but I haven't felt compelled to watch it. BTW, I think it's LOL that you say it's "better than 90% of movies" but you still just "liked it ok." Even if you know the backstory--as I think EVERYONE does--if it's literally better than 9 out of 10 movies produced today, you should have a more enthusiastic opinion.

I went ahead and watched Margin Call after everyone mentioned it. Thought it was decent.

Haven't seen Company Men.
              I heart cock

Comment

• Ludo
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SPX
                I'm always up for a good Vin Diesel action movie, so I was hoping Babylon A.D. would be good. But it was not. Even Vin Diesel said so.

I thought Moneyball was good. Could've been a bit more peppy.

Haven't seen 50/50 or 127 Hours. I've heard mixed reviews on 50/50. And everyone seems to think that 127 Hours is great, but I haven't felt compelled to watch it. BTW, I think it's LOL that you say it's "better than 90% of movies" but you still just "liked it ok." Even if you know the backstory--as I think EVERYONE does--if it's literally better than 9 out of 10 movies produced today, you should have a more enthusiastic opinion.

I went ahead and watched Margin Call after everyone mentioned it. Thought it was decent.

Haven't seen Company Men.
                I thought Company Men was a well above average movie for something that never saw theaters. Jones killed it in that one, and while the message was one that was easy to "hit home" they did a great job of not shoving that melodramatic reality down the viewers throat.
                2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
                Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
                Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
                Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Comment

• sbjj
                  • May 2010

Doctor: Mr. Damon, you wife is dead...

Matt: OK, well, can I talk to her?

Doctor: Sir, you have to understand, your wife is dead...

Matt: What? What happened! How did this happen!

Matt Damon is AWESOME! He was really good in Team America.

Comment

• sbjj
                    • May 2010

Watched Salton Sea again recently. Great movie. Val Kilmers best performance.

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by sbjj
                      Matt Damon is AWESOME! He was really good in Team America.
                      BOL

I do like Matt Damon, though. Dude's a boss.
                      I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by sbjj
                        Watched Salton Sea again recently. Great movie. Val Kilmers best performance.
                        I've heard of that movie, but have no idea what it's about. . .
                        I heart cock

Comment

• sbjj
                          • May 2010

Do NOT read about it! Just watch it.

Comment

• SPX
                            • Aug 2009

Shit, well okay then.
                            I heart cock

Comment

• sbjj
                              • May 2010

If you read a spoiler the whole movie will be ruined.

Comment

• poopoo333
                                MMA *********
                                • Jan 2010

Anybody else think Belfort should be -400 and not -250?

Comment

Working...