2012 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Ludo
    Giving Megadeth's Album Th1rte3n a listen. Shit is pretty good.
    It's funny you mention that because I listened to it last night for the first time in a few months.

I think it's a good album. Fast Lane, Deadly Nightshade and 13, in particular, I think are good tracks.

As a whole though I probably have to say that I prefer Endgame and United Abominations--the last couple of albums--over it.
    I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Mr. IWS
      I was speaking more about her boobs in general. Most of the children you talk about havent devolped breasts yet.

#shotsfirednigga
      Well if you're not aware that I'm a tit aficionado then you just don't know my tastes at all.
      I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
        • Aug 2009

For all you nigga's who were training to be ninjas at one time or another:
        That looks more like some dancing at the club kind of shit to me.
        I heart cock

Comment

• Ludo
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SPX
          It's funny you mention that because I listened to it last night for the first time in a few months.

I think it's a good album. Fast Lane, Deadly Nightshade and 13, in particular, I think are good tracks.

As a whole though I probably have to say that I prefer Endgame and United Abominations--the last couple of albums--over it.
          I personally hated Endgame. United Abominations had some decent tracks. I like Sudden Death, Who's life Is It anyway, and Wrecker the most on this album.
          2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
          Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
          Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
          Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Comment

• Ludo
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. IWS
            Im gonna miss the jawn next week, Im going to Baltimore for a long weekend to chill.
            Your always in bed by the time the main card starts anyway.

Comment

• SPX
              • Aug 2009

I personally hated Endgame. United Abominations had some decent tracks. I like Sudden Death, Who's life Is It anyway, and Wrecker the most on this album.
              Why didn't you like Endgame?

I thought it had some good songs. 44 Minutes, Bodies, Endgame, The Hardest Part of Letting Go, How the Story Ends and The Right to Go Insane were all quality tunes, in my opinion.
              I heart cock

Comment

• Ludo
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SPX
                Why didn't you like Endgame?

I thought it had some good songs. 44 Minutes, Bodies, Endgame, The Hardest Part of Letting Go, How the Story Ends and The Right to Go Insane were all quality tunes, in my opinion.
                It came across as contrived to Me. The sound was off, the tempo's weren't flowing like usual. I just didn't like the overall feel to the songs. Usually with any Megadeth I can just turn it on and listen to it the whole way through while I'm working or something but I couldn't do that with Endgame.

Comment

• SPX
                  • Aug 2009

I see. I can't say I had that reaction, but fair enough.

Did you ever listen to The System Has Failed?
                  I heart cock

Comment

• Ludo
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SPX
                    I see. I can't say I had that reaction, but fair enough.

Did you ever listen to The System Has Failed?
                    I love that album, but My favorites are Countdown to Extinction and Rust In Peace. But aside from the obvious great albums out of Megadeth in Youthenasia and Peace Sells But Who's Buying you can find plenty of gems in The World Needs A Hero and Hidden Treasures.

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

I love that album, but My favorites are Countdown to Extinction and Rust In Peace. But aside from the obvious great albums out of Megadeth in Youthenasia and Peace Sells But Who's Buying you can find plenty of gems in The World Needs A Hero and Hidden Treasures.
                      You see, I don't really get into The World Needs a Hero. I remember when it first came out I liked it because it sort of marked a return to a heavier style after Risk. But today I never really listen to it. It just strikes me as an album where Dave was trying to get his footing back, but while the results were encouraging, it just wasn't as good of an album as most of the rest of the catalog. To be honest, Countdown is pretty much the same way, though I do still listen to Architecture of Aggression every once in a while.

I used to LOVE Youthanasia, but I listened to it so much that I just burned myself out on it. Most of that album is really good, but I overplayed it.

Today, if I crank up Megadeth it's usually their much older stuff, like Killing is My Business or Peace Sells. Or it's their newer stuff, from TSHF to the present. Everything in middle--especially from Rust in Peace to Risk--I don't fuck with much because that was my prime Megadeth listening days and I've worn all that shit way out.

I will say though that one of their most underrated albums is from that era, in my opinion. Cryptic Writings had a lot of good tracks and I still go back and listen to The Disintegrators, She-Wolf, Vortex and FFF occasionally.
                      Last edited by SPX; 02-18-2012, 07:59 PM.
                      I heart cock

Comment

• Ludo
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SPX
                        You see, I don't really get into The World Needs a Hero. I remember when it first came out I liked it because it sort of marked a return to a heavier style after Risk. But today I never really listen to it. It just strikes me as an album where Dave was trying to get his footing back, but while the results were encouraging, it just wasn't as good of an album as most of the rest of the catalog. To be honest, Countdown is pretty much the same way, though I do still listen to Architecture of Aggression every once in a while.

I used to LOVE Youthanasia, but I listened to it so much that I just burned myself out on it. Most of that album is really good, but I overplayed it.

Today, if I crank up Megadeth it's usually their much older stuff, like Killing is My Business or Peace Sells. Or it's their newer stuff, from TSHF to the present. Everything in middle--especially from Rust in Peace to Risk--I don't fuck with much because that was my prime Megadeth listening days and I've worn all that shit way out.

I will say though that one of their most underrated albums is from that era, in my opinion. Cryptic Writings had a lot of good tracks and I still go back and listen to The Disintegrators, She-Wolf, Vortex and FFF occasionally.
                        I can understand that, although I've not burned Myself out. I could listen to Rust in Peace and Kill 'Em All every day(and I do frequently).

Comment

• SPX
                          • Aug 2009

I can understand that, although I've not burned Myself out. I could listen to Rust in Peace and Kill 'Em All every day(and I do frequently).
                          Any thoughts on Cryptic Writings or Killing is My Business?
                          I heart cock

Comment

• Ludo
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SPX
                            Any thoughts on Cryptic Writings or Killing is My Business?
                            Cryptic Writings is definitely underrated on the discography, probably because it didn't quite follow the recent pattern of things as much. It sounded nothing like Youthenasia before it or Risk after it. It came across as an honest attempt at a different sound. It still had some real good songs like Trust, Bullprick, She Wolf, and to an extent The Disintegrators. But given all that it just doesn't have quite the "star power" on it's track listing to contend with some of the greater works. As a whole it was lacking in some area's, but in others it had flashes of brilliance again. But again I feel it gets a bad rap because it doesn't quite live up to Youthenasia but not a whole lot does.

Killing Is My Business will always be a classic and one of My favorite all time Thrash Albums, just not one of My favorite Megadeth albums. They progressed so much a few years later but that album will live in infamy forever just because Mustaine wanted nothing more than to make something that would put to shame anything Metallica would ever produce, and it definitely hits the mark as something that rivals the aggression and frenetic pace of anything made by anyone prior.

I'm a sucker for that retro sound, though. Have you listened to any of the New Wave of Thrash bands out there? I think I may have asked you this before but some of them have a sound and feel that totally reminds Me of the real early shit with modern recording technology.

Comment

• SPX
                              • Aug 2009

Cryptic Writings is definitely underrated on the discography, probably because it didn't quite follow the recent pattern of things as much. It sounded nothing like Youthenasia before it or Risk after it. It came across as an honest attempt at a different sound.
                              I remember reading something Dave said about how with CW he was trying to continue the trend of producing more mainstream music that started with Countdown. As I'm sure you know, Countdown was wildly successful compared to their prior albums and broke into the mainstream in a way that they had never done before. Youthanasia, while different from Countdown, was also slower and more radio friendly and it also did well, though not as well as Countdown. With CW, Dave finally wanted to get that #1 record that had always eluded him (Countdown debuted at #2 and never climbed higher than that). I think it's obvious that Trust and Almost Honest were consciously created to be big radio hits.

Alas, however, it debuted at no. 10 and, while it did eventually go Platinum, it was not the seller that Countdown or Youth was.

I have good memories of jamming to it, though. I remember I was around 15 or so when it came out and I spent a lot of time jamming to it at my dad's house with it spinning in my Discman while I played on the Internet, which was a brand new thing to me at the time.

Killing Is My Business will always be a classic and one of My favorite all time Thrash Albums, just not one of My favorite Megadeth albums.
                              Even though Megadeth was my favorite band, I actually had never even heard KIMB until I finally bought it after the remaster was released. This was around 2003. I was like, Holy shit, this album kicks ass! I was actually kind of glad that I had saved it because I suddenly had a whole new album of Megadeth music that I had never heard before.

They progressed so much a few years later but that album will live in infamy forever just because Mustaine wanted nothing more than to make something that would put to shame anything Metallica would ever produce, and it definitely hits the mark as something that rivals the aggression and frenetic pace of anything made by anyone prior.
                              I like both KIMB and Kill 'Em All. I'd really need to listen to them again to pick one, though. BTW, you're aware that Dave wrote a lot of the stuff on Kill 'Em All, right? It's a shame that, despite Megadeth's overwhelming success relative to most metal bands that Megadeth was always just one step behind Metallica and never could catch up, at least in terms of popularity and record sales.

I'm a sucker for that retro sound, though. Have you listened to any of the New Wave of Thrash bands out there? I think I may have asked you this before but some of them have a sound and feel that totally reminds Me of the real early shit with modern recording technology.
                              I can't say that I have, no. Who would you recommend?
                              I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                                • Aug 2009

BTW Ludo, a few other things:

1. If you haven't read it, you really should check out Dave's autobiography. I read it right after it was released and it really is very interesting.

2. Any thoughts on the Originals vs Remasters?

3. What's your opinion of the quality of today's music from Megadeth vs today's music from Metallica? And by "today" I mean everything that's come out in the last 10 years or so.
                                I heart cock

Comment

Working...