2012 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

Comcast can suck my dick.
    I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
      Don't know why, I guess it is because Cross Fit people are pretty retarded sometimes.
      I've heard the whole thing is kind of cultish, but a lot of people have gotten good results from the program. . .
      I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
        I've heard the whole thing is kind of cultish, but a lot of people have gotten good results from the program. . .
        When you are working out that hard, you are going to get results. If you watch those vids though, you will see some exaggerated version of the biggest knocks. It is brand new beginners trying to do olympic style lifts. The program stresses going to exhaustion and sacrificing form. And then the cult thing. It is the mindset that turns me off "we are working out hard bro, you don't even know, I have a gas mask on." It just depends on your goal, if you want to get in shape and be able to do a lot of kipping pullups... cross fit program. I am sure they burn a shit ton of calories.

But a lot of people get injured doing the lifts with terrible form. Your back is not something to be messing around with.
        2012: +19.33
        2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• Mr. IWS
          215 Hustler
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SPX
          Comcast can suck my dick.
          Why?
          Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• Svino
            • Mar 2010

I really should start up my Intrade account again. I had a feeling that "75% likely to overturn ACA" line was nuts.

“Individual Mandate to be ruled unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court” Source: Intrade > As I have said over the years (repeatedly) this is the sort of thing that Intrade gets wrong. Futures markets are really a focus group unto themselves: When the group is something less representative of the target market, they get it…Read More

Comment

• MMA_scientist
              • Nov 2009

I was very suprised by the Supreme Court's decision. Even hearing the rationale, it doesn't make sense to me. Its an issue I don't really care about personally, but I just didn't think it would hold up.

Comment

• SPX
                • Aug 2009

When you are working out that hard, you are going to get results. If you watch those vids though, you will see some exaggerated version of the biggest knocks. It is brand new beginners trying to do olympic style lifts. The program stresses going to exhaustion and sacrificing form.

I did notice the obviously horrendous form, but I wasn't aware that it was actually ENCOURAGED. I have read that there are a lot of injuries with their program and that beginners are pushed to do things that they probably shouldn't be doing yet.

But honestly, I don't know a whole lot about it.
                I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                  I did notice the obviously horrendous form, but I wasn't aware that it was actually ENCOURAGED. I have read that there are a lot of injuries with their program and that beginners are pushed to do things that they probably shouldn't be doing yet.

But honestly, I don't know a whole lot about it.
                  Yeah, it is actually encouraged. I am pretty sure that is where kipping pull ups started... it is just about getting reps in no matter what you have to do to get them in. You will even see people fall down and try to complete the rep without dropping the weight. From what I have heard, a lot of people get hurt trying to be hard core but not realizing they are destroying their backs. If you watch the second video with the girl squatting and the guy deadlifting (at :35 on)-- you can actually hear their spines exploding. The sad part is the girl with the worst sqatting form ever has what I assume is her coach just standing there watching it happen .

Comment

• SPX
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Mr. IWS
                    Why?
                    I called them on Monday a have cable and Internet hooked up. I figured they would just send some dude out the next day (or the day after that at the latest). But no. They don't even send techs out to do anything but turn on the line now. Instead, they ship you a "self-install kit" and you're supposed to hook everything up yourself.

The dude on Monday told me I should get the shit in 3-5 days. And I had called him pretty early in the morning. So I was hoping to get my shit yesterday, and even called them to see what was up and get a status on delivery, AND THE SHIT HADN'T EVEN BEEN SHIPPED YET! So now they are telling me MAYBE Friday, but probably Monday.

Fuck that shit! Why the fuck should it take a week to get some shit set up that I ordered!

So now I'm just sitting in this quiet ass apartment every night with no cable and no legit Internet. (I do have a Virgin Mobile USB modem, which is enough to do browsing and e-mail with, but forget about streaming or downloading movies or anything.)
                    I heart cock

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

Yeah, it is actually encouraged. I am pretty sure that is where kipping pull ups started... it is just about getting reps in no matter what you have to do to get them in. You will even see people fall down and try to complete the rep without dropping the weight. From what I have heard, a lot of people get hurt trying to be hard core but not realizing they are destroying their backs. If you watch the second video with the girl squatting and the guy deadlifting (at :35 on)-- you can actually hear their spines exploding. The sad part is the girl with the worst sqatting form ever has what I assume is her coach just standing there watching it happen .
                      I think there's a place for cheat reps in a routine, but not if you have to risk injury to do them. That's pretty crazy. I guess I'm kind of surprised there haven't been a lot of lawsuits.
                      I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                        So now I'm just sitting in this quiet ass apartment every night with no cable and no legit Internet. (I do have a Virgin Mobile USB modem, which is enough to do browsing and e-mail with, but forget about streaming or downloading movies or anything.)
                        You sound kind of addicted to entertainment. You could always read an actual book if you have to have something.

I long for a quiet house.

In other news I started commuting by bicycle last week. I am in the market for a new bike, as I have been riding my mountain bike (I did at least put some road tires on it and upgrade the saddle) from college. I started shopping for one that I could use to commute, but could also use for my triathlon in a couple months... turns out, freaking bicycles cost more than cars now. I didn't know. So now I am looking at a nice Giant hybrid. I won't be breaking any land speed records on it though, and I might end up having to borrow a racing bike for the tri so I don't get dusted.
                        Last edited by MMA_scientist; 06-28-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                          I think there's a place for cheat reps in a routine, but not if you have to risk injury to do them. That's pretty crazy. I guess I'm kind of surprised there haven't been a lot of lawsuits.
                          I don't know... you hear people talking and you see these videos, but the cross fit coaches swear it isn't so. But even if you watch the cross fit games, you see some pretty horrendous stuff.

I am getting ready to start 5/3/1. Going to go straight power. Going to try to separate my strength training from my conditioning. The only issue is I really can't bench much because of my shoulder. Will that make a difference? When I do 90% of my 1rm, it is going to be very little weight... should I just do it as normal, and consider it my new 1rm? Or should I skip bench until I am able to do it all teh way?

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                            215 Hustler
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SPX
                            I called them on Monday a have cable and Internet hooked up. I figured they would just send some dude out the next day (or the day after that at the latest). But no. They don't even send techs out to do anything but turn on the line now. Instead, they ship you a "self-install kit" and you're supposed to hook everything up yourself.

The dude on Monday told me I should get the shit in 3-5 days. And I had called him pretty early in the morning. So I was hoping to get my shit yesterday, and even called them to see what was up and get a status on delivery, AND THE SHIT HADN'T EVEN BEEN SHIPPED YET! So now they are telling me MAYBE Friday, but probably Monday.

Fuck that shit! Why the fuck should it take a week to get some shit set up that I ordered!

tl;dr

j/k

Its amazing how companies try to find new ways to make customer service a top priority right?

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                              215 Hustler
                              • Sep 2006

In other news I started commuting by bicycle last week.

I did that shit for like a year about a decade ago. Great workout IMO. I had about a 4-1/2 ride one way with lots of hills.

When I was doing that, I was lighter then I was when I was in high school.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                                215 Hustler
                                • Sep 2006

should I just do it as normal, and consider it my new 1rm?
                                I would say yes, and build your strength back up from there.

(will defer to poopoo on this though.)

Comment

Working...