2012 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

It's almost definitely going to make a shitload of money, but at +900 I'd throw $5 on $100M or less.
    I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
      You pretty much gotta go see that, under the circumstances.

Also, I'm something of a fan of Timberlake at this point.

I don't wanna be a fool for you, in this game for two. So I'm leaving you behind. Bye bye bye.

I have to admit, it sounds awesome. I am one of the few people out there that like Affleck as an actor. Timberlake being involved sort of puts a damper on it for me, I don't dislike him, but I think he is kind of terrible. He is fine in comedies. I thought he did ok in Social Network.
      2012: +19.33
      2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• SPX
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MMA_scientist
        I have to admit, it sounds awesome. I am one of the few people out there that like Affleck as an actor.
        Good director . . . not so good in FRONT of the camera, in my opinion. Though he did do a good job in Hollywoodland, which I finally watched for the first time a few weeks ago. And Boiler Room.
        He was pretty good in that, too.

Timberlake being involved sort of puts a damper on it for me, I don't dislike him, but I think he is kind of terrible. He is fine in comedies. I thought he did ok in Social Network.
        I don't think he's to the point of being able to do just ANY role well, but overall I am impressed with his transition from music star to movie star. And in my opinion he stole ever scene he was in in The Social Network.
        I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SPX
          Good director . . . not so good in FRONT of the camera, in my opinion. Though he did do a good job in Hollywoodland, which I finally watched for the first time a few weeks ago. And Boiler Room.
          He was pretty good in that, too.
          He is obviously not the most versatile guy out there. I think versatility is overrated though, that's why the world has more than 1 actor. I think he usuaully does a good job, he has definitely failed miserably in a few roles too. The last two movies I saw with him were "The Town" and "Company Men" and I think he was good in both of those movies. I mean, he didn't move me to tears or anything, but I think he does a pretty good job overall.

Originally posted by SPX
          I don't think he's to the point of being able to do just ANY role well, but overall I am impressed with his transition from music star to movie star. And in my opinion he stole ever scene he was in in The Social Network.
          I don't know, maybe because he is famous outside of acting roles, I am just so aware that it is him and so aware of his "acting"... it seems like a local theater show to me anytime he does anything. I just can't forget that it is JT. He just distracts me generally.

Still, the story sounds great, and all the right people are involved... should be IWS mandatory viewing.

Comment

• SPX
            • Aug 2009

He is obviously not the most versatile guy out there. I think versatility is overrated though, that's why the world has more than 1 actor. I think he usuaully does a good job, he has definitely failed miserably in a few roles too. The last two movies I saw with him were "The Town" and "Company Men" and I think he was good in both of those movies. I mean, he didn't move me to tears or anything, but I think he does a pretty good job overall.
            I really liked The Town and thought he did well.

I don't know, maybe because he is famous outside of acting roles, I am just so aware that it is him and so aware of his "acting"... it seems like a local theater show to me anytime he does anything. I just can't forget that it is JT. He just distracts me generally.
            I definitely still realize that I'm watching Justin Timberlake, but I also get that feeling that I'm watching someone who has (almost) 100% successfully transitioned from music to movies. Give him another few years and that transition will be complete, like with Mark Wahlberg, Ice Cube or Will Smith.

Still, the story sounds great, and all the right people are involved... should be IWS mandatory viewing.
            Agreed. A must-see for the IWS crew.
            I heart cock

Comment

• poopoo333
              MMA *********
              • Jan 2010

Looks like I am going to have to watch that Raid movie alone if I go see it, my girlfriend won't go see it because the subtitles. She probably doesn't know how to read.

Comment

• SPX
                • Aug 2009

Then go see it alone. I almost texted you yesterday to tell you to see that shit. It's bad ass and I want someone to discuss it with.
                I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                  • Nov 2009

I go to the movies alone all the time. Actually, I pretty much only see movies alone. I started doing it when I was in college, and I was like "why didn't this ever occur to me before?"

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                    • Nov 2009

I am regretting cashing out. I might need to refund my account a bit. Either that or start an aggressively building scheme.

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

I go to the movies alone all the time. Actually, I pretty much only see movies alone.
                      Me too. In some ways, I actually prefer it. I don't have to fuck with anybody else and just get to watch the movie and have my own personal experience with the film.

I am regretting cashing out. I might need to refund my account a bit. Either that or start an aggressively building scheme.
                      I knew you would come to that conclusion.
                      I heart cock

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                        • Nov 2009

You are very wise. I guess nothing has to change... I will just bet as if the money is stiil earmarked, although it is commingled with my real money for the time being.

The only issue is that there is not enough in my account to cover my 2012 parlay. I guess I will need to make a small deposit. Game back on.

Comment

• poopoo333
                          MMA *********
                          • Jan 2010

You are very wise. I guess nothing has to change... I will just bet as if the money is stiil earmarked, although it is commingled with my real money for the time being.

The only issue is that there is not enough in my account to cover my 2012 parlay. I guess I will need to make a small deposit. Game back on.
                          FUCKING RIGHT DOGGIE

Comment

• poopoo333
                            MMA *********
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SPX
                            Then go see it alone. I almost texted you yesterday to tell you to see that shit. It's bad ass and I want someone to discuss it with.
                            Yeah, not sure when I will be able to go see it this week, maybe next week, I hope it's still playing in the movies here by then. I'll obviously be busy this weekend watching some black on black crime, and busy with work/school till then.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                              215 Hustler
                              • Sep 2006

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• poopoo333
                                MMA *********
                                • Jan 2010

Speaking of gambling and stuff, I am going to finish MLB season +50u, watch bros. Last night I began the 50-0 run with a 5-0 night.

Comment

Working...