X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luke
    10 year vet
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Ludo
    I started thinking about it weeks ago and I'm still not sure. What it comes down to is whether or not Brock can get the takedown, and whether or not Reem can land a big strike before that. It's really a 50/50 type fight between a wrestler and european kickboxer.

Actually researched this fight,possibly more than any other fight this year. Brock was able to get Cain down because he was much smaller than him and even then he could not hold him down except for a few seconds.When he fought Carwin he didnt have a prayer of getting him down until he was so exhausted he was ready to fall over. Reem is even bigger than Carwin .Even though he is no where near the wrestler Shane is I think with his strength he'll be able to fend off Brock.Brock is also wild and sloppy with punches,knees,etc and I think that is going to hurt him bad against someone as technical as Reem .I think this fight is going to be a mirror image of the Cain and Carwin fights(without Carwin gassing out like an oversized Baroni) with Brock going in wild ,realizing he cant get a TD,doing his spin dance, and getting pounded out.

Brock also seems very nervous going into this fight almost like he knows it's the end of the line for him.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Svino
      • Mar 2010

Lesnar 4u to win 5.2u
      Diaz 2u to win 4.7u
      Hendricks 2u to win 4.7u
      Gamburyan 1u to win 2.2u
      Riddle 1.7u to win 1u

Overeem wins KOotN, 1u to win 2.5u
      Hettes by decision, 1u to win 3.3u
      Hettes vs. Phan goes the distance, 1u to win 1.1u
      No award for SotN, 0.5u to win 4.5u

Comment

• Ludo
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Luke
        Actually researched this fight,possibly more than any other fight this year. Brock was able to get Cain down because he was much smaller than him and even then he could not hold him down except for a few seconds.When he fought Carwin he didnt have a prayer of getting him down until he was so exhausted he was ready to fall over. Reem is even bigger than Carwin .Even though he is no where near the wrestler Shane is I think with his strength he'll be able to fend off Brock.Brock is also wild and sloppy with punches,knees,etc and I think that is going to hurt him bad against someone as technical as Reem .I think this fight is going to be a mirror image of the Cain and Carwin fights(without Carwin gassing out like an oversized Baroni) with Brock going in wild ,realizing he cant get a TD,doing his spin dance, and getting pounded out.

Brock also seems very nervous going into this fight almost like he knows it's the end of the line for him.
        I hear you on the size thing. Thats why it's a question mark as to whether Brock can secure the takedown or not. If he can, he probably wins this fight once he forces Reem to tire out. If he can't, he's likely getting knocked out or dropped and then pounded out. I don't see a submission working for Reem other than maybe a guillotine but he'll be looking for the knockout all night.
        2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
        Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
        Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
        Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Comment

• MMA_scientist
          • Nov 2009

Size just makes it harder for Reem to get up IMO. If he doesn't KO Brock immediately (which he definitely might), I think Brock will be getting the takedown if he can get into a clinch.
          2012: +19.33
          2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• poopoo333
            MMA *********
            • Jan 2010

I share basically the same thoughts as you Luke... about the Cain and Carwin ones too...especially the early stages of the Carwin fight. I just think if Brock tries against the fence, Overeem is gonna get tired from defending and it will weaken his strikes. I just can't get the image of Ubereem's cardio in the Werdum fight...that was ridiculous.

Comment

• Vandelay
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Luke

thats gotta be some of the worst logic i've heard regarding mma. Size doesn't mean shit. wrestling is what nullified brock. Cain, Carwin and even Randy were all able to force a standup battle because they knew the intricacies of details that overeem will never even learn.

Comment

• MMA_scientist
                • Nov 2009

^^ Although luke is going get shitty with your tone, I have to agree. That said, Brock's striking is a lot worse than Reem's grappling... if it goes down, Reem can probably survive for a while. If it stays upright, Brock is dead in the water.
                2012: +19.33
                2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Comment

• Vandelay
                  • Nov 2010

lol probably. Thought about saying no offense, but that post bordered on trolling. I think brock has decent standup, its just he doesnt know what to do when he takes a flush shot. He throws good hooks, straights, and the like with good power. Doesn't necessarily mean theyre technically crisp or anything but with his threat of the takedown he should be able to be effective. Plus, wasn't it just a cpl months ago that k1 werdum and his shitty standup outstruck or held his own with overeem.

Comment

• Svino
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Vandelay
                    Plus, wasn't it just a cpl months ago that k1 werdum and his shitty standup outstruck or held his own with overeem.
                    Not to mention the fact that Overeem's been knocked out quite a bit. I don't think you can rule out Brock putting Overeem's lights out with a punch.

Comment

• High5
                      • Feb 2010

Gustafsson/R Pearson/ Volkmann 2.8u to win 3.76u

Comment

• Vandelay
                        • Nov 2010

7.05 to win 3 Phan

1 to win 2.2 Hendricks

3.225 to win 1.5 Volkman

.52 to win .5 Not gustaf itd

1.275 to win .75 castillo

1 to win 1.6 cerrone by 3 rd dec

.25 to win 1.0625 hendricks by 3 rd dec

1 to win 3 diaz/cerrone to win fotn

3.95 to win 1.66 not overeem, hendricks, cerrone by sub

4 to win 3.04 fedor, not overeem by 5 rd dec, hendricks, cerrone, njkouani by sub and hettes by tko/ko

Will probably add to hendricks and maybe phan if line keeps improving

Comment

• Luke
                          10 year vet
                          • Oct 2006

thats gotta be some of the worst logic i've heard regarding mma.Thought about saying no offense, but that post bordered on trolling.

Preciously the reason I never waste my time giving opinions on fights .
                          2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• edman5555
                            • Apr 2010

Brock Ko of the night 2u to win 16u
                            Brock 2u to win 2.6u
                            Brock sub .25u to win 2.5u
                            Pierson 2u to win 6.6u
                            Phan 4.35u to win 2.5u
                            Volkmann 2.1u to win 1u
                            Castillo 3u to win 1.8u
                            1 unit = 300 $

Comment

• SPX
                              • Aug 2009

Size doesn't mean shit.
                              I guess it was all skill that allowed Tibau to completely brutalize Caol Uno. . .
                              I heart cock

Comment

• Vandelay
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by SPX
                                I guess it was all skill that allowed Tibau to completely brutalize Caol Uno. . .
                                Doesnt quite apply when neither guy is a wrestler.

Comment

Working...