X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Can'tPickAWinner
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2012

Friday 1-18-19 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Members post your personal plays in the various sports forums @ IWS and our betting trackers!

NFL
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...3-NFL-Football

College Football
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...-NCAA-Football

Baseball
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...57-ML-Baseball

College Basketball
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...CAA-Basketball

NBA
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...NBA-Basketball

NHL
    http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...?58-NHL-Hockey
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Or Cpaw Iws for Facebook &
    Twitter@cpawsports

• Can'tPickAWinner
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2012

Miami Heat vs. Detroit Pistons Preview and Predictions 2019-01-18

NBA Predictions 17th January 2019 by Gracenote
    by Gracenote on 01/17/2019

The Miami Heat had a couple of days to assess a blowout loss at the Milwaukee Bucks and brush it aside and will try to get back to the business of improving in the second half of the season when they continue the road trip by visiting the Detroit Pistons on Friday. The Heat were crushed 124-86 by the Bucks in the opener of the four-game trip.

Miami was outscored 69-45 in the first half on Tuesday and things did not get any better after the break, leading to some confusion for coach Erik Spoelstra. "It was just an onslaught, attacking us in transition, off the dribble, and that opened up the 3s," Spoelstra told reporters. "These are the games I can't wrap my mind around." The Pistons left their coach similarly flummoxed at times over the last month but come into Friday with some momentum after knocking off the Orlando Magic 120-115 in overtime in the opener of a three-game homestand. "There is nothing surprising," Detroit's first-year coach Dwane Casey told reporters. "I came into this with my eyes wide-open. This team hadn't been to the playoff in like four to five years, just because I walk in the door things are not going to change. I knew it was the same situation we were in in Toronto. ... it took time."

TV: 7 p.m. ET, FS Sun (Miami), FS Detroit

ABOUT THE HEAT (21-21): Miami enters play on Thursday 25th in the NBA in scoring average at 106.2 points but continues to work shooting guard Dion Waiters back into the lineup slowly following ankle surgery. Waiters, who was limited to two points in 12 minutes in Tuesday's loss, is not happy about having his minutes restricted. "(Expletive) patience!" Waiters said, according to the Miami Herald. "I want to play. I've been patient long enough. What do I got to be patient for? Come on man. I've been patient. I think everybody knows that. It's time. What are we waiting for? If I'm out there, play me."

ABOUT THE PISTONS (19-24): Detroit went 1-3 on a four-game road trip and dropped 17 of 22 before surviving the Magic on Wednesday. "I thought we were sluggish, which is understandable coming off this West Coast swing," star forward Blake Griffin told reporters. "But we got some stops and executed. I think Dre (Andre Drummond) scored the first one in overtime, Reggie (Jackson) scored the second two, and then we just closed it out. But defensively, we were getting stops, forcing them into taking shots that we wanted, and we were rebounding well in overtime, so it was great." Griffin led the way with 30 points in the victory while Drummond collected 14 points and 22 rebounds.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Pistons C Zaza Pachulia (leg) returned from an eight-game absence on Wednesday and recorded six points, three rebounds and three assists in 15 minutes off the bench.

2. Heat PF Kelly Olynyk is 5-of-25 from 3-point range over the last five games.

3. Miami earned a 120-115 win at Detroit on Nov. 5 as Drummond collected 25 points and 24 rebounds.

PREDICTION: Heat 108, Pistons 103

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2012

Memphis Grizzlies vs. Boston Celtics Preview and Predictions 2019-01-18

The Boston Celtics snapped a slide in impressive fashion on Wednesday and remain a team capable of great performances but lacking consistency. The Celtics will try to put together two consecutive strong games when they host the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday.

Boston suffered through a three-game losing streak that included some finger pointing and criticism from point guard Kyrie Irving, but the perennial All-Star seemed ready to work with his young teammates on Wednesday. Irving collected 27 points and a career-high 18 assists in a 117-108 win over the Toronto Raptors and admitted to reporters after the contest that he called former teammate LeBron James after an outburst on Saturday to apologize for his actions when the two were together with Cleveland and to seek advice on leading a team. The Grizzlies don't lack for veteran leadership with Marc Gasol and Mike Conley around but are missing something after dropping nine of their last 10 games. "We'll show up tomorrow. We'll work," Memphis coach J.B. Bickerstaff told reporters after a 111-101 home loss to the Milwaukee Bucks on Wednesday. "We'll show up Friday and we'll work. That's all we can do. We have to improve. We have to play better. We've shown in stretches that we can play well. We've got to play well longer."

TV: 7 p.m. ET, FS Southeast (Memphis), NBCS Boston

ABOUT THE GRIZZLIES (19-25): Memphis is looking for a spark on the offensive end and inserted swingman Justin Holiday into the starting lineup on Wednesday. Holiday actually did his best work on the defensive end, recording four steals while scoring five points on 1-of-4 shooting in 17 minutes. "We need him to play well," Bickerstaff told reporters of Holiday. "We need him to feel comfortable so that he can contribute at the level that we think he can. We'll never do anything to the detriment of the team but when you make a trade for a guy, there's a commitment to give him some sort of opportunity. ... It's not as if we found him off the streets. He's got a history of productivity."

ABOUT THE CELTICS (26-18): Irving, who sat out a loss at Brooklyn on Monday to rest a quad injury, averages 6.7 assists but was on a mission to get his teammates involved on Wednesday. "He's always been a special playmaker," Boston coach Brad Stevens told reporters of Irving. "He's always been able to play with the ball and make plays for himself and others. He's had that gift since I've seen him at under-18 tryouts at USA Basketball. ... He obviously draws a lot of attention and he usually can make the right read off of that. He's a great passer with great touch on his passes." Irving helped Al Horford (24 points on 9-of-12 shooting) and Gordon Hayward (18 points on 8-of-13) enjoy big nights against the Raptors.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Grizzlies SF Omri Casspi scored 17 points on Wednesday and reached double figures in back-to-back games for the first time this season.

2. Celtics C Aron Baynes (hand) returned from a 13-game absence on Wednesday and scored nine points on 4-of-5 shooting.

3. Boston earned a 112-103 victory at Memphis on Dec. 29 behind 26 points and 13 assists from Irving.

PREDICTION: Celtics 113, Grizzlies 97

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2012

Brooklyn Nets vs. Orlando Magic Preview and Predictions 2019-01-18

The Brooklyn Nets have won 15 of their past 20 games and are brimming with confidence as they enter Friday's game against the host Orlando Magic. The Nets staged frantic comebacks in regulation and overtime Wednesday to record an improbable 145-142 road win over the powerful Houston Rockets.

Guard Spencer Dinwiddie scored 33 points against Houston, including three 3-pointers in the final 26.2 seconds of regulation and the go-ahead three-point play with 28 seconds left in overtime to cap the stunning effort. "We've got to do it as a group and that's what the guys did. Contributions from everybody," Brooklyn coach Kenny Atkinson told reporters of the triumph over the Rockets. "I don't want to have a parade or anything, but that's real big-time progress. ... These guys want more." Orlando has dropped 10 of its last 15 games after suffering a 120-115 overtime road loss against the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday. "We've got to be more locked in. We can't get too frustrated about it, but at some point, we've got to make a stand where we're locked in on defense every night," Magic power forward Aaron Gordon told reporters. "We have to know our coverages and where we need to be every time and we didn't do that (against Detroit)."

TV: 7 p.m. ET, YES (Brooklyn), FS Florida (Orlando)

ABOUT THE NETS (23-23): Brooklyn is attempting to go over .500 for the first time this season and has recovered nicely from an 8-18 start. Dinwiddie's fourth career 30-point effort wasn't the lone huge performance against the Rockets as 20-year-old center Jarrett Allen scored 20 points and collected a career-best 24 rebounds. "He's just growing before our eyes. (General manager) Sean Marks did a great job of getting that guy," veteran small forward DeMarre Carroll told reporters. "He's been growing every year, and he's going to keep getting better. The sky's the limit for the kid."

ABOUT THE MAGIC (19-25): Center Nikola Vucevic recorded his fifth double-double in eight games this month by producing 24 points and 13 rebounds in the loss against Detroit. Vucevic is averaging 20 points, 12.4 rebounds and 4.3 assists in January and is making a strong run at an All-Star berth with season averages of 20.2 points, 11.9 rebounds and 3.8 assists along with 29 double-doubles. Swingman Terrence Ross buried a season-best six 3-pointers while scoring 24 points against the Pistons and is averaging 19.8 points over the last five contests.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Magic have won 16 of their past 21 home games against the Nets.

2. Brooklyn reserve F Jared Dudley (hamstring) was ruled out for the third consecutive contest.

3. Orlando rookie C Mo Bamba (ankle) is questionable and could miss his fifth straight game.

PREDICTION: Magic 113, Nets 111

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2012

San Antonio Spurs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Preview and Predictions 2019-01-18

The Minnesota Timberwolves look to bounce back from an embarrassing performance when they host the San Antonio Spurs on Friday. Minnesota had a poor defensive showing on Tuesday as it allowed 83 first-half points en route to a 149-107 loss to Philadelphia.

Several Timberwolves blamed a lack of effort for the setback in which the 76ers made 59.8 percent of their shots and 21-of-43 3-point attempts. "We just got to be a rugged team," Minnesota point guard Jeff Teague told reporters. "We can't be a pretty team. I think we're a pretty team right now. And pretty gets us beat by 40 points. We got to be ugly." San Antonio recovered from a 19-point, first-quarter deficit to notch a 105-101 home victory over Dallas on Wednesday. "We spotted them 12 minutes and didn't really compete, just followed them around," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told reporters. "I thought in the second, third and fourth quarters, we competed."

TV: 8 p.m. ET, ESPN, KMYS (San Antonio), FS North (Minnesota)

ABOUT THE SPURS (26-20): Veteran small forward Rudy Gay (left wrist) returned from a five-game absence and scored 14 points in 22 minutes against Dallas to surpass the 15,000-point mark for his career. "I've been around for a while," Gay, who has recorded 15,004 points, told reporters about reaching the milestone. "I've been through injuries, been on sub-par teams. Being able to still be here and accomplish something like that, I guess it's a pretty big thing. I feel like I have a lot more left." Gay, a 13-year veteran, wore a brace on his ailing wrist and described it as not healed, but good enough to play.

ABOUT THE TIMBERWOLVES (21-23): Karl-Anthony Towns was among the players who struggled against the 76ers as he registered just 13 points and a season-low three rebounds after recording 27 points and a career-high 27 boards against New Orleans in his previous contest. Towns put together nine double-doubles in a 10-game span prior to the uncharacteristic showing. Andrew Wiggins scored just 12 points on 4-of-14 shooting and is a shaky 11-for-35 over his last two games.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Spurs are 2-1 against the Timberwolves this season but were trounced 128-89 on the road on Nov. 28.

2. San Antonio backup SG Marco Belinelli (knee) scored 17 points versus Dallas after a one-game absence.

3. Minnesota backup PG Tyus Jones (ankle) will sit out after being injured against Philadelphia.

PREDICTION: Spurs 105, Timberwolves 101

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2012

Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Utah Jazz Preview and Predictions 2019-01-18

The Utah Jazz aim to extend their season-best winning streak to six games when they host the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday. Utah has won by an average of 13 points during the stretch after rolling to a 129-109 road victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday.

Utah began its winning streak with four straight home games before traveling to Los Angeles and now begins another four-game stretch against the Cavaliers. "We're a lot more focused," star shooting guard Donovan Mitchell told reporters after the rout of the Clippers. "It was helpful to stay home a little bit. We're locked in, we're ready to go." The Cavaliers have lost 13 of their last 14 games and are coming off a 129-112 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday. "When you get down against a team like this and you have to fight back, it's tough," Cleveland coach Larry Drew told reporters. "You know, I told the guys after the game, on the road, you just can't dig those type of holes against a good team. We just weren't able to overcome that deficit."

TV: 9 p.m. ET, FS Ohio (Cleveland), AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain (Utah)

ABOUT THE CAVALIERS (9-36): Shooting guard Rodney Hood scored 20 points against the Trail Blazers as he warms up for his first visit to Salt Lake City since Utah traded him to Cleveland last February. Hood, who played 3 1/2 seasons with the Jazz, had 12 points in 25 minutes on Jan. 4 when the Cavaliers dropped a 117-91 decision to the Jazz. Backup shooting guard Jordan Clarkson scored 22 points off the bench against Portland and has topped 20 points in four of the past six games.

ABOUT THE JAZZ (25-21): Mitchell scored 28 points against the Clippers to become first Utah player to score at least 25 points in seven straight games since Karl Malone in 1998. Center Rudy Gobert, who scored 23 points, also equaled a Malone feat when he had 22 rebounds against Los Angeles to become the first player since "The Mailman" in 1988 to record back-to-back 20-rebound games. "The numbers the last two games, obviously, those are terrific numbers," Jazz coach Quin Snyder told reporters afterward. "Even the first half when he wasn't scoring as much, his presence on the court offensively, putting pressure on the rim. He's getting more nuanced."

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Cavaliers have lost last their four visits to Utah.

2. Jazz swingman Kyle Korver is 13-of-24 from 3-point range over the past three games and is averaging 18 points during the stretch.

3. Cleveland backup PG Matthew Dellavedova is 6-of-18 shooting over three games after a 6-of-8 effort for a season-high 17 points against the New Orleans Pelicans on Jan. 9.

PREDICTION: Jazz 122, Cavaliers 96

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2012

New Orleans Pelicans vs. Portland Trail Blazers Preview and Predictions 2019-01-18

The New Orleans Pelicans allowed their highest total of points of the season in their last outing but are feeling encouraged for Friday's road game against the Portland Trail Blazers, the team they swept in the first round of last season's playoffs. New Orleans put up a big fight in the middle contest of its five-game road trip before succumbing 147-140 to Golden State on Wednesday.

The Pelicans are 1-2 on their trek, and coach Alvin Gentry was pleased with the level of play his club showed against the Warriors. "Obviously, you want to win every game," Gentry told reporters. "I don't see any shame in playing the NBA champs to the point where a few plays here and there made a difference in the game. I don't get anything out of a loss, but I do think we competed at a very high level." Portland defeated Cleveland 129-112 on Wednesday for its seventh win in 10 games, with five coming by double digits. Damian Lillard scored 33 points after recording 35 two nights earlier in a loss to Sacramento.

TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, FS New Orleans, NBCS Northwest (Portland)

ABOUT THE PELICANS (21-24): Nikola Mirotic scored a season-high 29 points and matched his season best of six 3-pointers against the Warriors two nights after going scoreless in 17 minutes against the Los Angeles Clippers. "I didn't have one of those nights where I felt comfortable, scoring zero points," Mirotic told reporters of the painful showing against the Clippers. "It was important for me to get back that confidence and just to feel important." Mirotic is just getting back into playing shape after missing 12 games due to an ankle injury.

ABOUT THE TRAIL BLAZERS (27-19): Jusuf Nurkic posted his first career triple-double against the Cavaliers as he registered 10 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists while also blocking five shots. Nurkic, who became the 16th player in NBA history to reject five or more shots while recording a triple-double, has made five or more blocks in three of his last nine games. CJ McCollum scored 19 points against Cleveland after notching six on 2-of-14 shooting against Sacramento.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Trail Blazers recorded a 132-119 home victory over the Pelicans on Nov. 1 and have won 13 of the last 15 regular-season meetings.

2. New Orleans star PF Anthony Davis has scored 30 or more points in five straight games and is averaging 36 - as well as 14.8 rebounds - during the stretch.

3. Portland SF Maurice Harkless (knee) is questionable and may miss his sixth consecutive contest.

PREDICTION: Trail Blazers 126, Pelicans 122

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2012

Golden State Warriors vs. LA Clippers Preview and Predictions 2019-01-18

The Golden State Warriors seem to have found their high gear over the last few games and are about to hit the overdrive button with the addition of another All-Star. The Warriors will welcome center DeMarcus Cousins to the lineup when he makes his team and season debut on Friday at the host Los Angeles Clippers.

Cousins, who signed a one-year deal with the defending champions in the offseason after suffering a torn Achilles as a member of the New Orleans Pelicans, told ESPN that he is coming back better after spending the rehab process working on all areas of his game and he is ready to help Golden State win. "I'm back, and I'm not looking back," Cousins said in an ESPN interview. "I'm moving forward. I'm leaving it on the floor every night. And I plan on coming back for that top spot." The Clippers are sliding in the wrong direction in a tightly packed Western Conference and are failing to take advantage of a four-game homestand that saw them fall to Detroit, New Orleans and the Utah Jazz in the first three contests. "When you go through tough stretches it's not the end, it's where you are right now," Los Angeles coach Doc Rivers told reporters. "We have to keep plugging through."

TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN, NBCS Bay Area (Golden State), FS Prime Ticket (Los Angeles)

ABOUT THE WARRIORS (31-14): Cousins' presence could create even more space on the floor for former MVP Stephen Curry, who is in the midst of a historic shooting stretch. Curry became the first player in NBA history to make at least eight 3-pointers in three straight games when he went 9-of-17 from beyond the arc in a 147-140 win over the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday - Golden State's sixth straight victory. "When Mark Jackson said (Curry) was ruining the game, I know a lot of people took that personal," Warriors All-Star forward Kevin Durant told reporters of the ESPN announcer and former player and coach. "But I kind of got it a little bit, because he's the only person I've ever seen that can shoot those shots in rhythm like that and make them. And now everybody else think they can, and you can't. And that's why I shake my head, because once in a generation, once in a lifetime type of talent and movement. His movements out there are just so smooth, it makes it look so easy. So, when he's knocking down those shots it's just a joy to see."

ABOUT THE CLIPPERS (24-20): Los Angeles allowed the Jazz to shoot 51.2 percent from the floor and score 41 points in the fourth quarter in Wednesday's 129-109 setback, which marked the team's fourth consecutive defeat. The Clippers couldn't keep pace with Danilo Gallinari (nine points on 3-of-14 shooting) and Tobias Harris (17 on 6-of-14) suffering through poor shooting nights, and Rivers suggested the offensive woes stemmed from a lack of team play. "I thought offensively we were an individual team a lot tonight and defensively we had just too many breakdowns," Rivers told reporters.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Warriors PF Draymond Green totaled 27 assists and two turnovers over the last two games.

2. Clippers SG Avery Bradley scored 15 points on 6-of-10 shooting Wednesday, reaching double figures for the second time in eight games this month.

3. Golden State suffered a 121-116 loss at Los Angeles on Nov. 12.

PREDICTION: Warriors 132, Clippers 116

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2012

F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Charles Town
                  Charles Town - Race 1

Daily Double (1-2) / Pick 4 (Races 1-2-3-4) / Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta Pick 3 (Races 1-2-3)

Claiming $5,000 • 1 1/16 Miles • Dirt • Ages 4 and up • CR: 80 • Purse: $10,000 • Post: 7:00P
                  FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON TWO RACES SINCE JULY 18, 2018 OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON FOUR RACES. WEIGHT, 124 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF A RACE AT A MILE OR OVER SINCE DECEMBER 18 ALLOWED 2 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $5,000, IF FOR $4,500, ALLOWED 2 LBS. (RACES WHERE ENTERED FOR $4,000 OR LESS NOT CONSIDERED IN ELIGIBILITY)(W V A RACES NOT CONSIDERED IN ELIGIBILITY).
                  Contenders

Race Analysis
                  P#
                  Horse
                  Morn
                  Line

Accept
                  Odds

Race Type: Lone Stalker. PURIM'S GOLD is the Lone Stalker of the race. * KEY ANGLES * PURIM'S GOLD: Horse has the highest TrackMaster Power Rating. BOWMAN'S BEAST: Horse is dropping into a race which has an Class Rating at least five points lower than the Class Rating of its last race. Horse is dropping in class, has an inside post position and isn't a Trailer. HOSWAY: Horse has the highest average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equi base Class Rating at the distance/surface. WHISKEY CREEK: Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. Horse's average winning distance is within half a furlong of today's distance (within 50 yards if a Quarter Horse race).
                  PURIM'S GOLD
                  4/1

5/1
                  BOWMAN'S BEAST
                  7/2

5/1
                  HOSWAY
                  5/2

7/1
                  WHISKEY CREEK
                  6/1

9/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
                  Line

Running Style

Good
                  Class

Good
                  Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
                  Figure
                  HOSWAY

5/2
                  Front-runner

BOWMAN'S BEAST

7/2
                  Alternator/Front-runner

PURIM'S GOLD

4/1
                  Alternator/Stalker

WHISKEY CREEK

6/1
                  Trailer

WELLINGTON WIZARD

3/1
                  Trailer

BIG SILVER HOSS

10/1
                  Alternator/Non-contender

PROSPECTOR ALLEY

12/1
                  Alternator/Non-contender

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2012

Handicapped by The Walker Group at Stronach 5
                    Always check program numbers.
                    Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 1 - Optional Claiming - 8.0f on the Turf. Purse: $52000 Class Rating: 97

FOR FILLIES AND MARES FOUR YEARS OLD AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON $10,000 TWICE OTHER THAN MAIDEN, CLAIMING, STARTER OR RESTRICTED ALLOWANCE OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON THREE RACES OR OPTIONAL CLAIMING PRICE OF $62,500. WEIGHT, 123 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF A RACE AT A MILE OR OVER ON THE TURF SINCE DECEMBER 18 ALLOWED 2 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $62,500 (RACES WHERE ENTERED FOR $50,000 OR LESS

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
                    The Walker Group Picks

# 7 MITCHELL ROAD 5/1

# 2 DRINKS ON ME 20/1

# 14 ARTESIAN 20/1

MITCHELL ROAD looks strong to best this field. Have to suppose this animal will make a good showing again today. Earnings per start at the distance/surface is a good angle. This entrant ranks at the top in this field of horses. With one of the most competitive riders in terms of profits at the window, don't count this filly out. DRINKS ON ME - Had one of the best Equibase Speed Figures of this group in her last race. ARTESIAN - This horse has some longshot handicapping angles going for her. This bunch is much easier than the last one she was up against.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2012

Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Fair Grounds - Race #1 - Post: 12:30pm - Maiden Claiming - 8.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $14,000 Class Rating: 46

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#6 DORI'S BIRDIES (ML=7/2)

DORI'S BIRDIES - This is a fairly classic handicapping angle. Play a thoroughbred that finished runner up in a maiden race last time out but finished well clear of the third horse. Taking a big drop in class figure points from her December 28th race at Fair Grounds. Based on that info, I will give this one the edge. I like that last contest on Dec 28th at Fair Grounds where she ran second. This mare's last speed rating recorded on December 28th is in the top spot in last race speed figs.

Vulnerable Contenders: #8 WIND ZEE (ML=5/2), #4 ARCH'S LI'L NIETA (ML=3/1), #2 PROUDMONEY (ML=7/2),

WIND ZEE - I don't normally play a morning-line favorite that hasn't been to the track in the last three weeks. When scrutinizing today's Equibase class figure, she will have to earn a much better speed rating than in the last race to be competitive in this dirt route. ARCH'S LI'L NIETA - Most unsatisfactory speed fig last race out at Fair Grounds at 1 mile. Don't feel this racer will improve too much in today's race. PROUDMONEY - Finished fourth in her most recent effort with a pedestrian speed rating. When I look at today's class figure, it would take an improved performance to prove victorious after that in this bunch.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
                      Bet on #6 DORI'S BIRDIES to win if we can get at least 1/1 odds

EXACTA WAGERS:
                      None

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
                      Pass

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
                      None

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2012

Handicapped by Top Horse Analytics at Gulfstream Park

01/18/19, GP, Race 1, 12.35 ET
                        1M [Dirt] 1.33.01 CLAIMING. Purse $31,000.
                        Claiming Price $20,000, For Each $2,000 To $16,000 1 lb. FOR FILLIES THREE YEARS OLD
                        $1 Daily Double / $1 Exacta / $.50 Trifecta / $.10 Superfecta / $1 Super Hi 5 - $.50 Bet 3 (Races 1-2-3) / $.50 Pick 5 (Races 1-5)
                        Top Horse(100.0000) - Races 131, Win Percent 28.24, $1 ROI 0.86, For Race Category Non-Maiden Dirt
                        Best in race Flags - (J)ockey (T)rainer (S)peed (F)inish (E)arnings (W)orkouts (L)ead (C)loser
                        After scratches, a horse with stats MUST be the top rated horse for the profitable condition to be valid.
                        Profits are for $2 Win bets. ROI is based on $1. Stats are exclusive to GP.
                        Rating P# Horse Name M/L Jockey Trainer Flags Profit ROI WPC W# Occ Condition
                        100.0000 6 Paso a La Reina(b-) 6-1 Saez L Joseph. Jr. Saffie A. W 23.40 1.13 14.94 13 87 Last Race Was Different Jockey with Worse WPC
                        097.1768 7 Durlyn 5/2 Sanchez J Gold Stanley I. 14.20 4.55 50.00 1 2 Horse Lasix On From Off
                        097.1470 3 Slide a Bit 8-1 Gonzales J J Pecoraro Anthony TL 23.40 1.13 14.94 13 87 Last Race Was Different Jockey with Worse WPC
                        096.9481 4 Country Girl Shirl 9/2 Gaffalione T Walder Peter R. E 15.60 1.14 29.82 17 57 Last Race Did Not Have Higher Purse Than Today
                        096.1656 5 Papa's Girl 2-1 Albarado R McPeek Kenneth G. FC 15.60 1.14 29.82 17 57 Last Race Did Not Have Higher Purse Than Today
                        095.0647 1 Mary Lee and Me 8-1 Ortiz. Jr. I Sano Antonio J 39.60 1.38 46.15 24 52 Horse Best Jockey
                        094.2481 2 Poesia 15-1 Vasquez M A Sano Antonio 15.60 1.14 29.82 17 57 Last Race Did Not Have Higher Purse Than Today

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2012

F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Penn National
                          Penn National - Race 3

W-P-S / Exacta / $0.50 Trifecta / $0.10 Superfecta / Daily Double $0.50 Pick 3 (Races 3-4-5) / $0.20 Penn Pick 6 (Races 3-8)

Claiming $10,000 • 1 Mile 70 yards • Dirt • Ages 4 and up • CR: 81 • Purse: $15,400 • Post: 6:59P
                          (PLUS UP TO 40% PABF) FOR FOUR YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON THREE RACES. WEIGHT, 123 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF A RACE AT A MILE OR OVER SINCE DECEMBER 18 ALLOWED 2 LBS. SUCH A RACE SINCE NOVEMBER 18 ALLOWED 4 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $10,000, IF FOR $9,000, ALLOWED 2 LBS.
                          Contenders

Race Analysis
                          P#
                          Horse
                          Morn
                          Line

Accept
                          Odds

Race Type: Basic Race. This race has a mixed pace scenario. Check on scratches of any of the Front-runners (to look for a lone Front-runner). * KEY ANGLES * CAPE ROMANCE: Horse has the highest TrackMaster Power Rating. Horse ranks in the top thr ee in average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. HOWDY BOY: Horse has run a Good Race within the last 30 days. Horse has the highest average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. MY TRAIN: Horse ranks in the top three in Track Master Power Rating. Horse ranks in the top three in average Equibase Speed Figure at the distance/surface. PAINTER'S PRIDE: Horse has run a Good Race within the last 30 days. Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating.
                          CAPE ROMANCE
                          5/2

7/2
                          HOWDY BOY
                          5/2

6/1
                          1A
                          MY TRAIN
                          5/2

7/1
                          PAINTER'S PRIDE
                          2/1

8/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
                          Line

Running Style

Good
                          Class

Good
                          Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
                          Figure
                          CAPE ROMANCE

5/2
                          Front-runner

LORI'S FOLLY

10/1
                          Front-runner

HOWDY BOY

5/2
                          Front-runner

1A
                          MY TRAIN

5/2
                          Alternator/Stalker

PAINTER'S PRIDE

2/1
                          Alternator/Stalker

S W IRISH HE IS

10/1
                          Alternator/Non-contender

BOYS OF QUEENS

8/1
                          Alternator/Non-contender

WHATA MOOSE

15/1
                          Alternator/Non-contender

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2012

Handicapped by Top Horse Analytics at Santa Anita Park

01/18/19, SA, Race 5, 3.02 PT
                            6F [Dirt] 1.07.00 ALLOWANCE. Purse $57,000.
                            FOR CALIFORNIA BRED OR CALIFORNIA SIRED FILLIES AND MARES FOUR YEARS OLDAND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON $15,000 ONCE OTHER THAN MAIDEN, CLAIMING OR STARTER OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES
                            $1 Exacta / $0.50 Trifecta / $2 Rolling Double - $0.50 Rolling Pick Three (Races 5-6-7) - $0.50 Late Pick 4 (Races 5-6-7-8) - $1 Superfecta (.10 Min.) / $2 HRR - (RED 3,6: 4/5. BLK 2,4: 6/5. GRN 1,5: 6/1.)
                            Top Horse(100.0000) - Races 124, Win Percent 29.03, $1 ROI 0.91, For Race Category Non-Maiden Dirt
                            Best in race Flags - (J)ockey (T)rainer (S)peed (F)inish (E)arnings (W)orkouts (L)ead (C)loser
                            After scratches, a horse with stats MUST be the top rated horse for the profitable condition to be valid.
                            Profits are for $2 Win bets. ROI is based on $1. Stats are exclusive to SA.
                            Rating P# Horse Name M/L Jockey Trainer Flags Profit ROI WPC W# Occ Condition
                            100.0000 2 We Will Re Joyce 4-1 Figueroa H Miller Peter J 42.00 1.60 22.86 8 35 Last Race Was Different Jockey with Worse WPC
                            099.0661 4 Shylock Eddie 3-1 Gryder A T Koriner Brian J. S 27.60 1.25 37.50 21 56 Last Race Weight is LT Todays Weight
                            098.9044 3 Li'l Grazen 2-1 Rosario J Miller Peter 42.00 1.60 22.86 8 35 Last Race Was Different Jockey with Worse WPC
                            098.8507 5 Chasin Lucas 6-1 Espinoza A Glatt Mark FEW 27.60 1.25 37.50 21 56 Last Race Weight is LT Todays Weight
                            097.6374 6 Toreno 7/2 Pedroza M A Oviedo Philip A. L 42.00 1.60 22.86 8 35 Last Race Was Different Jockey with Worse WPC
                            093.9314 1 Sapphire Kid 6-1 Baze T Chew Matthew C 27.60 1.25 37.50 21 56 Last Race Weight is LT Todays Weight

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

• Can'tPickAWinner
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2012

Handicapped by The Walker Group at Sunland Park
                              Always check program numbers.
                              Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 3 - Maiden Claiming - 350y on the Dirt. Purse: $9200 Class Rating: 74

QUARTER HORSE 350Y, FOR MAIDENS, THREE YEARS OLD. WEIGHT, 124 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $10,000.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
                              The Walker Group Picks

# 2 WICKED CORONADO 5/2

# 8 JESS WINE ME UP 5/1

# 10 DUST YOU 6/1

WICKED CORONADO looks competitive to best this field. His 69 average has this gelding with among the strongest speed figures in this race. Has decent early lick and will almost certainly fare solidly against this group. Is a solid choice - given the 81 speed figure from his most recent race. JESS WINE ME UP - Expect a much better attempt with the drop. Armendariz has him trained admirably to break swiftly out of the starting gate. DUST YOU - Solid average Equibase Speed Figures in short races make this racer a key contender. Should expect a much improved outing with the drop.

Twitter@cpawsports

Comment

Working...