PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 4-28-18 Free Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Etc

Can'tPickAWinner
04-23-2018, 09:27 PM
Members post your personal plays in the various sports forums @ IWS and our betting trackers!

NFL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...3-NFL-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?53-NFL-Football)

College Football
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...-NCAA-Football (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?54-NCAA-Football)

Baseball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...57-ML-Baseball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?57-ML-Baseball)

College Basketball
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...CAA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?55-NCAA-Basketball)

NBA
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...NBA-Basketball (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?56-NBA-Basketball)

NHL
http://www.investwithsports.com/newf...?58-NHL-Hockey (http://www.investwithsports.com/newforum/forumdisplay.php?58-NHL-Hockey)

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 06:56 AM
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

27th April 2018 by Gracenote
the home team won the first six games of the first-round series between milwaukee and boston and bucks superstar giannis antetokounmpo is out to change that pattern in saturday's game 7. the "greek freak" can add to his reputation if he can steer milwaukee past the celtics in boston and into the second round of the eastern conference playoffs.

antetokounmpo recorded 31 points and 14 rebounds as the bucks forced a game 7 with thursday's 97-86 victory, and the seventh-seeded bucks clearly know what to expect in their fourth game in boston in the series. "it's going to be crazy. it's do or die at this point," bucks forward khris middleton told reporters. "the crowd in boston is rowdy, just like they are (in milwaukee). it's going to be a great game. there are no secrets between teams. it comes down to who has more will." the second-seeded celtics weren't supposed to receive such a tussle from the bucks and are unexpectedly in need of a win to keep their season alive. "the result is our guys get to experience a game 7, which, again, we didn't want," celtics coach brad stevens told reporters. "game 7 in td garden is what you play for. it should be what you're excited most about. what you worked for all summer, what you worked for all year. it's a blast."

tv: 8 p.m. et, tnt, fs wisconsin (milwaukee), nbcs boston

about the bucks: antetokounmpo scored 30 or more points on three occasions in the series but his aggressiveness was back at a star level on thursday after he took just 10 shots in a game 5 loss in boston. "i thought he played great," bucks interim head coach joe prunty told reporters of antetokounmpo. "i don't think he forced anything. i think he took opportunities that were there for him. he knows the spots to get to, but we also have to give him spacing around him to make sure we are in the right spots so that he has room to operate. ... overall, giannis played an outstanding game." the play of antetokounmpo (26.3 points, 9.7 rebounds) and middleton (23.5 average) has been consistently good but the duo needs someone from the trio of guard eric bledsoe (12 points per game), forward jabari parker (10.2) and guard malcolm brogdon (9.8) to step up on saturday.

about the celtics: the failure to close out the series in milwaukee didn't faze most of the boston players as they return to a venue in which they have won three times during the playoff matchup. "this is where home-court advantage comes up, where we've been playing the right way all season," second-year shooting guard jaylen brown told reporters. "this is where playing the right basketball all year long is going to come to a benefit. game 7, a lot of people haven't experienced it on this team. it's crazy, and i expect nothing short of a tremendous performance from everybody." brown (20.5) is one of five celtics averaging in double digits in the series with center al horford (16.8 points, 8.8 rebounds), guard terry rozier (16.2), small forward jayson tatum (14.7) and power forward marcus morris (13.8) being the others.
buzzer beaters

1. boston won its three previous home games in the series by an average of 8.3 points.

2. morris (thigh) was injured in game 6 and insists he is fine for the series finale.

3. milwaukee c john henson (back) will likely miss his fifth straight game.

prediction: celtics 115, bucks 113

Can'tPickAWinner
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Golden State Warriors Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

the new orleans pelicans were surprisingly dominant in sweeping the third-seeded portland trail blazers in the first round of the playoffs, but a much bigger challenge looms. the pelicans will try to get an early advantage when they visit the defending nba champion golden state warriors in game 1 of the western conference semifinals on saturday.

new orleans superstar anthony davis averaged 33 points on 57.6 percent shooting and 11.8 rebounds in the four-game sweep of portland, and the team is not intimidated by facing the defending champs. "our guys have a hunger and they see an opportunity here and i think we'll play at our highest level and compete like crazy, and then whatever happens from that we're willing to accept," pelicans coach alvin gentry, who was an assistant on golden state's staff during its 2015 championship run, told the undefeated. "i just say we just got to be able to compete to the point where we give ourselves an opportunity to win." the warriors knocked out the san antonio spurs in five games in the first round without star point guard stephen curry (knee), who is practicing with the team but remains a question mark for game 1. "he's questionable," golden state coach steve kerr told reporters of curry. "a big part of (whether curry will play) is how he (looks saturday) after a night's rest. it's the first time he's scrimmaged in about five or six weeks. it's not as simple as he feels good, let's put him out there. it's more about, give him a few days and see how he responds."

tv: 10:30 p.m. et, tnt

about the pelicans: davis is the unquestioned leader of the team, but guards jrue holiday and rajon rondo and power forward nikola mirotic are keys to an offense that is running at high speed. holiday averaged 27.8 points on 56.8 percent shooting against the trail blazers while rondo averaged 13.3 assists. "the unselfishness," rondo told the team's website, when asked which area the pelicans have shown the most growth this season. "i think we're rooting for the next man beside us. early in the season, i couldn't really say that for this team. but now, it seems like guys are happy for one another, genuinely. regardless of whether guys are playing bad or playing great, when we come in that locker room, if we got a 'w', everyone has the same mindset, the same joy for each other."
about the warriors: curry sat out the last 15 games with a knee sprain and is itching to get back on the floor. "i'm getting there, for sure," curry told reporters. "i've done a lot in the last two weeks, especially on my feet moving, getting back to movements that i expect to do in the games and try to build that tolerance and intensity. my knee feels pretty good. i don't have any pain with doing the things that i've been doing." kevin durant averaged 28.2 points in the first round to help cover some of curry's lost scoring while shooting guard klay thompson averaged 22.6 points and shot 51.6 percent from 3-point range.
buzzer beaters

1. mirotic averaged 18.3 points on 57.1 percent shooting against portland.

2. warriors pf draymond green averaged 11.2 rebounds in the first round but shot 35.7 percent from the floor.

3. golden state swept new orleans in the first round of the playoffs in 2015 and took three of four meetings during the regular season.

prediction: warriors 120, pelicans 115

Can'tPickAWinner
Boston Bruins vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

the tampa bay lightning will be a very well-rested team when they host the boston bruins on saturday afternoon for game 1 of their eastern conference semifinal series. the lightning wrapped up their first-round series april 21 by topping new jersey in five games while the bruins trailed by a goal going into the decisive game 7 before rallying for a 7-4 victory over toronto on wednesday.

tampa bay will benefit from the break physically and mentally, and the players don't expect any rust saturday: "we've had a really good week of practicing," lightning right wing ryan callahan told reporters. "our practices have been intense, upbeat. it shouldn't be an issue." the bruins won the first three games in the season series before suffering a 4-0 defeat at tampa bay in the finale april 3 with a 33-shutout from andrei vasilevskiy, who had a dazzling .941 save percentage in the first-round series for the lightning. david pastrnak is third in the league in scoring during the playoffs with 13 points for boston, which averaged four goals in the first round, and fellow right wing nikita kucherov led tampa bay with five goals and five assists against new jersey. "they have had time to rest and if they had any injuries probably get a little healthier," bruins coach bruce cassidy told reporters. ". ... but for us going into saturday we are battle-tested and we have to bring that mentality into the next round."

tv: 3 p.m. et, nbc, sportsnet, tva

about the bruins: pastrnak, left wing brad marchand (nine points), torey krug (eight points) and captain zdeno chara (plus-5 rating) were solid in the first round, but goalie tuukka rask (2.94 goals-against, .899 save percentage) must be better. "some games he played really, really well," boston general manager don sweeney told reporters. "at the end of the day we have a lot of confidence in tuukka, and i think going into the next series we'll remain the same level of confidence that we can get the job done and he'll be there for us." rookie left wing jake debrusk matched pastrnak with five goals to lead the bruins in the first round.
about the lightning: tampa bay was much improved on the penalty kill in the first-round series, giving up three goals on 19 attempts (two when down two skaters), but face a bruins team that was 7-for-22 with the man advantage against toronto. ryan mcdonagh, who had four assists in the first round, and anton stralman have become the shutdown pair that will often face the marchand-patrice bergeron-pastrnak line while norris trophy candidate victor hedman is averaging a team-high 26:24 of ice time. left wing alex killorn recorded four goals in the first round after managing 15 in the regular season, which was eighth-best on the team.

overtime

1. boston f sean kuraly had four points and a plus-5 rating in the first round and owns four goals in 11 career playoff contests.

2. kucherov boasts 52 points in 50 career playoff games, tied with vincent lecavalier for second on the franchise's all-time postseason scoring list.

3. bruins c david krejci has 85 career playoff points and needs two to tie cam neely for seventh on the team's all-time postseason scoring list.

prediction: lightning 4, bruins 3

Can'tPickAWinner
San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

the vegas golden knights have experienced a string of firsts in their record-setting expansion season but jitters have not been among them. the bright lights of the postseason have done nothing to slow the golden knights, who look to take a 2-0 lead over visiting san jose on saturday in their western conference semifinal after thrashing the sharks 7-0 in the series opener.

san jose coach peter deboer cited a "laundry list of issues" in the game 1 beating, a list that got longer when sharks forward evander kane received a one-game suspension friday for cross-checking vegas defenseman pierre-edouard bellemare. "it's the first adversity we've faced in the playoffs. it's on us to respond now," deboer said. "you don't get extra points for winning by a touchdown like they did. we have to be better." the golden knights scored seven goals in the four-game sweep of los angeles in the first round but matched the total in the series opener, essentially delivering an early knockout punch by scoring four times in a span of just over seven minutes in the first period. "we did good things," said golden knights forward james neal, who capped the scoring with a power-play tally. "for us, i think we have to look at them, they're going to be a hungry team, they're going to be a lot better. they'll be putting that one behind them pretty quick and looking to be a better hockey team so we gotta be ready."

tv: 8 p.m. et, nbc, cbc, sn, tvas

about the sharks: kane was san jose's big-ticket acquisition from buffalo at the trade deadline and scored three times in the first-round sweep of anaheim after netting nine goals in 17 regular-season games. he told reporters after thursday's game that he was "not a dirty player" and said there "no intent" on his hit. the nhl department of player safety disagreed in announcing his punishment, saying: "this cross-check occurs well after the whistle is blown and serves no purpose other than a strike to an opponent's head. this is not a hockey play." martin jones allowed four goals in four games versus the ducks but was chased 3 1/2 minutes into the second period after surrendering five goals on 13 shots.
about the golden knights: the early cushion certainly made his job easier, but marc-andre fleury became the 14th goaltender in history -- and first in 14 years -- to record three shutouts in his team's first five playoff games, even taking time to join the t-mobile arena fans in the wave. "i try not to think too much," said fleury, who has a staggering .982 save percentage and 0.54 goals-against average in the playoffs. "just get out there and play my best, try to help these guys any way i can." while vegas received goals from seven different players, its top line of jonathan marchessault, william karlsson and reilly smith accounted for nine points, with smith collecting six assists over a four-game point streak.
overtime

1. fleury earned his 13th career postseason shutout, tying turk broda for ninth in nhl history.

2. sharks c joe thornton cented the no. 1 line at friday's practice but will not play in game 2.

3. bellemare was not at practice friday and will be evaluated saturday to determine his availability.

prediction: golden knights 4, sharks 3

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 06:58 AM
Handicapped by Rick Needham at Belmont Park

RACE #9 - BELMONT PARK - 5:45 PM EASTERN POST
The Elusive Quality Stakes
7.0 FURLONGS TURF FUR YEARS OLD AND UPWARD STAKES $125,000.00 PURSE

#5 COMMUTE
#4 GREAT STUFF
#2 UNDRAFTED
#9 CONQUEST PANTHERA

One of the most brilliant performances in the history of the Widener turf course at Belmont Park came on July 4, 1998. Elusive Quality was sent to the front in Poker (G3) by Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey and never looked back, running the one-mile event in a scorching 1:31.63, a world record at the time that still stands as the course record. The Bill Mott trainee had previously won the Jaipur (G3) and went on to become a stand-out sire. Here in just the 5th running of this stakes test, #5 COMMUTE has hit the board in "POWER RUN FASHION" in four of his last five outings, including a "POWER RUN WIN" in his fourth race back. The 20-1 BOMB, #4 GREAT STUFF has hit the board in "POWER RUN FASHION" in five straight, including a "POWER RUN WIN" in his 3rd race back.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 06:58 AM
Handicapped by The Walker Group at Fort Pierre
Always check program numbers.
Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 6 - Claiming - 5.0f on the Dirt. Purse: $1700 Class Rating: 67

FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE IN 2017 - 2018. WEIGHT, 124 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $2,500.

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
The Walker Group Picks

# 2 CANEROS 5/1

# 5 MY FEVER 7/1

# 4 STARTINGOLD 7/5

I think about CANEROS here. Estrada will most likely be able to get this gelding to break out early for this event. This equine has a excellent win percentage in dirt sprints. STARTINGOLD - Overall the Equibase speed figs of this racer look decent in this outing. Beetem will most likely be able to get this horse to break out quickly in this competition.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 06:59 AM
Handicapped by The Walker Group at Laurel
Always check program numbers.
Odds shown are morning line odds.

Race 11 - Optional Claiming - 8.5f on the Dirt. Purse: $42000 Class Rating: 79

FOR FILLIES THREE YEARS OLD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON A RACE OTHER THAN MAIDEN, CLAIMING, STARTER , WAIVER CLAIMING OR MD SIRED RACES OR MD BRED RACES OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES OR CLAIMING PRICE $50,000-$40,000. WEIGHT, 122 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF A RACE AT A MILE OR OVER SINCE FEBRUARY 28 ALLOWED 2 LBS. SUCH A RACE SINCE JANUARY 28 ALLOWED 4 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE

RECOMMENDED CHOICES
The Walker Group Picks

# 4 QUEEN OF SCHMOOZE 8/1

# 6 MISS MI MI 7/5

# 5 PIECE OF CANDY 3/1

QUEEN OF SCHMOOZE should be supported as the bet in here and is a respectable value bet given the line at 8/1. This horse has been consistently running well as of late. Should go to the front end and may never look back. She has a good opportunity for this event as trainer, Smith, has sharp win rate with horses going this distance. MISS MI MI - Has run soundly when running a dirt route race. Posted a decent speed figure last time out. PIECE OF CANDY - Must be given a chance here on the basis of the figs in the speed section alone. Don't overlook this filly in your propositions - very dangerous with Pimentel aboard.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 06:59 AM
Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Lone Star Park - Race #5 - Post: 4:37pm - Claiming - 5.0 furlongs on the Turf. Purse: $14,000 Class Rating: 83

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#5 TIZ A MELODY (ML=3/1)
#8 TACOLA (ML=6/1)

TIZ A MELODY - This horse may have too much power on the grass for the rest of the field. When the field turns for home, he could put these away. Just see his last speed fig, 86. That one fits in this field. The horse with the top average class rating in turf events is usually a solid play. This thoroughbred fits the bill. TACOLA - Trainer Willis moves this horse down the class scale to face a lower class field. Look for a sharp race given the class advantage. Ran a nice Equibase speed fig of 86 on February 23rd. Followed it up with another speed rating of 85. Either effort is good enough to win today. I think this gelding should run back to his winning race from January 28th, when he won a $15,000 Claiming race. Look for this one to go gate to wire in victory at some pretty decent odds in this event. Ran eighth in last race, but not more than five from the lead at the end. Compare today's class (83) with last three speeds (83, 86, 85). All three speed figures are good enough to win.

Vulnerable Contenders: #10 WHO CARES (ML=5/2), #1A TIZ TOO MUCH (ML=7/2), #1 DUSTIN'S LUTE (ML=7/2),

WHO CARES - The speed ratings are going downward. I'm not placing a wager on this vulnerable equine off of that trend. TIZ TOO MUCH - This gelding garnered a speed figure in his last race which likely isn't good enough in today's race. DUSTIN'S LUTE - Most of the time I need a sprinter to have some recent success in short distance contests in order to wager on him.

Top HatGUEST COMMENTARY: Winston - TIZ A MELODY - I like to check out the TrackMaster Platinum PPs to look for the top horse in earnings per start. This horse looks good to me so I'm making a prime bet on him.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
Putting our cash on #5 TIZ A MELODY to win. Have to have odds of at least 2/1 or better though

EXACTA WAGERS:
Box [5,8]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
None

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
Pass

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 07:00 AM
Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Prairie Meadows - Race #2 - Post: 1:28pm - Maiden Claiming - 6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $14,000 Class Rating: 65

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#2 DRASTIC (ML=5/2)

DRASTIC - Last time around the track, finished ninth in the slop at Oaklawn Park. Expect better today. Looking at today's class rating, this thoroughbred is encountering an easier field than in the last race at Oaklawn Park. Ranked number one in earnings per race entered. Another indicator that this equine outclasses this field.

Vulnerable Contenders: #8 GALLOPINGGUINNESS (ML=7/2), #1 TWO THE HARD WAY (ML=4/1), #5 RICKEY LEE (ML=5/1),

GALLOPINGGUINNESS - Just can't wager on this entrant. Didn't show me anything in the last race or on March 30th. TWO THE HARD WAY - Not easy to wager on this less than sharp equine this time out. Make him show you something in a sprint race before you wager on him in a race of 6 furlongs. Didn't land in the top three on Feb 9th at Oaklawn Park. Followed it up with another less than stellar performance. RICKEY LEE - Didn't display to me enough speed in the route contest for me to back him in today's sprint clash.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
Put your money on #2 DRASTIC on the nose if you can get odds of 1/1 or more

EXACTA WAGERS:
2 with [1,4]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
Pass

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
Pass

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 07:01 AM
F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Sunray Park
Sunray Park - Race 4

Daily Double / $1 Exacta / 50 Cent Trifecta / 10 Cent Superfecta Third Leg Pick 4

Claiming $7,500 • 870 Yards • Dirt • Ages 3 and up • CR: 75 • Purse: $8,700 • Post: 2:27P
QUARTER HORSE 870Y, FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON THREE RACES. THREE YEAR OLDS, 122 LBS.; OLDER, 124 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $7,500.
Contenders

Race Analysis
P#
Horse
Morn
Line

Accept
Odds

Race Type: Not Applicable (Quarter Horse). * KEY ANGLES * BANK ONIT BETSY: Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. FURYOFTHEWIND (T): Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. DASH BACK JESS: Quarter horse has the highest last race Equibase Speed Rating. GOLD CORONAS: Quarter Horse has a Fast Break Style designation and no horse in a post position next to it gets out of the gate fast. LAST BEST WEST (T): Horse has the highest TrackMaster Power Rating.
BANK ONIT BETSY
12/1

6/1
FURYOFTHEWIND (T)
3/1

7/1
DASH BACK JESS
5/2

7/1
GOLD CORONAS
7/2

7/1
LAST BEST WEST (T)
8/1

8/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
Line

Running Style

Good
Class

Good
Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
Figure
BANK ONIT BETSY

12/1
Average

TEE DALLY

9/2
Average

GOLD CORONAS

7/2
Fast

LAST BEST WEST (T)

8/1
Average

DASH BACK JESS

5/2
Average

FURYOFTHEWIND (T)

3/1
Slow

CAWBOYBANDIDO (T)

10/1
Slow

BONNIE THE BARFLY

20/1
Average

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 07:01 AM
F.A.S.T. Sheets Free Race for Woodbine
Woodbine - Race 7

Rolling Double / Exacta / 0.20 Trifecta / 0.20 Superfecta 0.20 Pick 3 (Races 7-8-9) / 0.20 Pick 4 (Races 7-8-9-10)

Optional Claiming $62,500 • 5 Furlongs • All-Weather • Ages 3 and up • CR: 104 • Purse: $62,300 • Post: 4:27P
FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES OTHER THAN MAIDEN, CLAIMING, OR RESTRICTED ALLOWANCE OR WHICH HAVE NEVER WON THREE RACES OR WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE SINCE APRIL 28, 2017 OR CLAIMING PRICE $62,500. THREE YEAR OLDS, 118 LBS.; OLDER, 123 LBS. NON-WINNERS OF A RACE SINCE MARCH 28 ALLOWED 2 LBS. CLAIMING PRICE $62,500, IF FOR $60,000, ALLOWED 2 LBS. (RACES WHERE ENTERED FOR $50,000 OR LESS NOT CONSIDERED FOR ALLOWANCES).
Contenders

Race Analysis
P#
Horse
Morn
Line

Accept
Odds

Race Type: Fast-paced Race. There are many horses that could vie for the early lead. Check on scratches of any of the Front-runners. * KEY ANGLES * ABBAA: Horse has run a Good Race within the last 30 days. Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMa ster Power Rating. CITY BOY: Horse racing off a layoff of 90+ days and trainer's win percentage with horses coming off a layoff is at least 25. Horse ranks in the top three in TrackMaster Power Rating. PUNTROOSKIE: Horse had a bullet workout withi n the last seven days. Horse has the highest TrackMaster Power Rating. CIRCLE OF FRIENDS: Horse's win percentage at today's distance(sprint or route)/surface (dirt or turf) is at least 50. Horse racing off a layoff of 90+ days and horse has run we ll in the past in its first and/or second starts after a long layoff.
ABBAA
5/2

5/1
CITY BOY
4/1

6/1
PUNTROOSKIE
10/1

6/1
CIRCLE OF FRIENDS
3/1

9/1

P#

Horse (In Running Style Order)

Morn
Line

Running Style

Good
Class

Good
Speed

Early Figure

Finish Figure

Platinum
Figure
MARTEN RIVER

6/1
Front-runner

NASHVILLE KNIGHT

20/1
Front-runner

RATFACE MACDOUGALL

8/1
Front-runner

CITY BOY

4/1
Front-runner

ABBAA

5/2
Alternator/Front-runner

PUNTROOSKIE

10/1
Alternator/Front-runner

CIRCLE OF FRIENDS

3/1
Trailer

SINGANDCRYINDUBAI

10/1
Alternator/Non-contender

COLLEEN'S SAILOR

20/1
Alternator/Non-contender

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 11:04 AM
Cincinnati Reds vs. Minnesota Twins Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

28th April 2018 by Gracenote
the cincinnati reds held the dubious honor of playing the worst baseball in the majors throughout most of the first month of the season, but that title appears to have shifted over to the minnesota twins. coming off their most explosive performance of the season, the reds hope to keep their offense clicking saturday as they continue their three-game series in minnesota against the struggling twins.

cincinnati's 3-15 start cost manager bryan price his job, and the team dropped its first three games under interim manager jim riggleman in st. louis before warming up the bats in the following series against atlanta. after averaging nearly seven runs while earning a series split versus the braves, the reds improved to 3-2 over their last five games on friday, when they pounded out a season-high 20 hits en route to a 15-9 win. a big part of cincinnati's recent run-scoring prowess has come courtesy of joey votto, who reached base six times in the opener and homered for the fourth straight game. the twins are in the middle of a league-worst eight-game slide and have struggled mightily to keep the opposition in check, allowing an average of 9.3 runs over that time.

tv: 2:10 p.m. et, mlb network, fs ohio (cincinnati), fs north (minnesota)

pitching matchup: reds rh sal romano (1-2, 4.78 era) vs. twins rh jake odorizzi (1-2, 4.50)

romano enjoyed his finest performance of the season monday against atlanta, earning his first win in seven turns dating back to last season after permitting two runs - one earned - in six frames. the outing was his first quality start in four tries since his season debut, while his one walk and five strikeouts were both his best marks of the year. right-handed hitters are batting .218 versus romano, who was pummeled for five runs over four innings by boston in his only career interleague start last season.
after yielding one home run over 16 1/3 innings in his first three starts, odorizzi has surrendered five in his last two turns - including two in monday's loss to the new york yankees. the 28-year-old permitted five runs on five hits and three walks in the outing, six days after giving up three homers among the four runs he allowed in five frames versus cleveland. odorizzi was charged with three runs across seven innings of a no-decision in his only career start against cincinnati in june.
walk-offs

1. every cincinnati hitter drove in at least one run friday, and all but one player had at least one hit. four reds finished with at least three hits and six had at least two.
2. minnesota 2b brian dozier, who was hitless in 12 at-bats over his previous three contests after beginning the season with a 17-game hitting streak, went 2-for-4 in the opener.

3. cincinnati 2b jose peraza, who recorded four hits and produced his first multi-homer effort on friday, is batting .440 and has scored seven times during a five-game hitting streak.

prediction: twins 8, reds 6

Can'tPickAWinner
Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

matt davidson looks to continue his assault against kansas city pitching when the chicago white sox visit the royals on saturday for a doubleheader that is part of a five-game series. davidson went deep twice on friday for the second straight game and has belted seven homers at kauffman stadium this season, breaking the single-season record by an opponent.

davidson's power surge in kansas city has come in just four games and he surpassed three players who hit six shots - jacque jones (2002), jose valentin (2003) and carlos santana (2014). the 27-year-old also became just the fifth player in franchise history to have back-to-back multi-homer performances, joining zeke bonura (1934), greg norton (1999), joe crede (2008) and carlos quentin (2010). davidson's second blast on friday was a tiebreaking two-run shot in the 11th inning of a 7-4 victory as the white sox won for just the fourth time in 18 games and improved to 4-0 against kansas city this season. chicago is just 7-16 on the campaign while the royals have lost 14 of their last 16 to drop to an american league-worst 5-19.

tv: 2:15 p.m. et, wgn (chicago), fs kansas city

pitching matchup: white sox rh carson fulmer (1-1, 6.00 era) vs. royals rh trevor oaks (nr)
fulmer is coming off his best performance of the season as he gave up two runs and three hits over six innings while defeating seattle. the 24-year-old drew that start due to miguel gonzalez being scratched due to shoulder issues as he lost his rotation spot after giving up four runs, five hits and two walks while recording just three outs in an april 18 outing against oakland. fulmer took the loss in a three-inning relief stint on august 11, 2016 in his lone career appearance versus the royals as he gave up two runs and three hits.
oaks is being recalled from triple-a omaha to make his major-league debut after going 1-2 with a 3.09 era in four starts. the 25-year-old was a three-time division ii all-american at cal baptist in southern california and will be the first player in that school's history to participate in the majors. oaks, who was acquired from the los angeles dodgers in the offseason, is 32-15 with a 3.26 era and 1.13 whip in 84 minor-league appearances (70 starts).
walk-offs

1. white sox 1b jose abreu (flu-like symptoms) was back in the lineup friday after a one-game absence and went 1-for-5.

2. kansas city 3b mike moustakas has recorded two hits in each of the first two games of the series and at least one in 17 of his last 18 contests.

3. chicago lf nicky delmonico (neck) has missed the first two games of the series but is expected to be available on saturday.

prediction: white sox 7, royals 4

Can'tPickAWinner
Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs Preview and Predictions 04-29-2018

The Chicago Cubs seem to have found the solution to their spotty offensive production - playing the Milwaukee Brewers. After winning two straight low-scoring affairs, the Cubs will try to continue their dominance of the visiting Brewers in the third of a four-game series Saturday.

Chicago's pitching has been outstanding in six games against Milwaukee, allowing only eight earned runs and posting a 1.35 ERA, after limiting the Brewers to four hits in a 3-2 win Friday. Left-hander Jose Quintana will try to shut down Milwaukee again after throwing six innings of three-hit ball in a 3-0 win April 8 in Milwaukee. The Brewers had won eight straight entering the series, but they're 1-5 against Chicago and 15-6 against everyone else. The Cubs are still awaiting the return of star third baseman Kris Bryant, who has missed four straight games since being hit in the helmet with a pitch Sunday at Colorado.
TV: 2:20 p.m. ET, MLB Network, FS Wisconsin (Milwaukee), ABC 7 (Chicago)

PITCHING MATCHUP: Brewers RH Junior Guerra (2-0, 0.56 ERA) vs. Cubs LH Jose Quintana (2-1, 7.78)
Guerra began the season in the minors but has given the Brewers three solid outings since being recalled. The 33-year-old Venezuelan has allowed only two runs (one earned) in 16 innings, but he has yet to get through six innings. Guerra is 1-0 with a 1.89 ERA in six games (three starts) against the Cubs but is making his first start at Wrigley Field.

Quintana has put together only one strong performance in his first four outings of the season, but the Cubs have won three of his four starts. The 29-year-old Colombian commanded the strike zone better than he has all season Sunday, issuing only one walk after allowing 10 in his first three starts, but he gave up four runs over 5 1/3 innings in a win at Colorado. Quintana is 3-1 with a 0.75 ERA in five starts against the Brewers.
WALK-OFFS

1. Chicago 2B Javier Baez (19-for-46) and CF Albert Almora Jr. (16-for-43) are riding career-high 10-game hitting streaks - the first Cubs teammates with simultaneous double-digit streaks since Aramis Ramirez and Starlin Castro in 2011.
2. Milwaukee relievers have not allowed an earned run in 32 innings.

3. The Cubs have scored multiple runs in the first inning in five of their last eight games.

PREDICTION: Brewers 4, Cubs 3

Can'tPickAWinner
Tampa Bay Rays vs. Boston Red Sox Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

daniel robertson is establishing himself as an everyday performer and has played a big part in the surprising seven-game winning streak for the tampa bay rays. the versatile infielder, who boasts a .507 on-base percentage overall, looks to extend his hitting streak to eight games when the rays visit the boston red sox on saturday afternoon for the middle contest of a three-game series.

robertson is 13-for-27 during his streak and belted his third homer in a 4-3 victory at boston on friday while catcher wilson ramos launched a two-run blast in the first inning and has hit safely in eight consecutive games (12-for-32). rookie yonny chirinos will try to continue his early success against the red sox when he takes the mound saturday, while former ray standout david price goes for boston. shortstop xander bogaerts returned to the lineup after missing 15 games with ankle injury and recorded three hits for the red sox on friday to improve to 15-for-31 against tampa bay this season. boston's j.d. martinez is starting to warm up while going 4-for-8 with a homer and five rbis in the last two games to improve his batting average to .315 overall.
tv: 4:05 p.m. et, fs sun (tampa bay), nesn (boston)
pitching matchup: rays rh yonny chirinos (0-1, 2.92 era) vs. red sox lh david price (2-2, 2.93)

chirinos has not been as good in his last two starts (eight runs allowed, 10 1/3 innings) as he was in his first two major league starts (10 1/3 scoreless innings, seven hits given up). the 24-year-old venezuelan struck out a season-high six over 4 2/3 innings while giving up two runs and four hits in a no-decision against minnesota last time out. chirinos faced the red sox in his first two big-league appearances, yielding four hits across nine scoreless innings with seven strikeouts and one walk.
price suffered his second loss in three starts last sunday when he surrendered four runs on nine hits over 7 2/3 innings at oakland in a 4-1 setback. the 32-year-old vanderbilt product limited the rays to seven hits in 14 scoreless innings in two starts to open the season, but has walked 10 batters in his last four outings (20 2/3 innings). carlos gomez (0-for-20) and denard span (1-for-12) have had trouble with price, who is 4-3 with a 3.09 era in 11 appearances (10 starts) against his former team.
walk-offs

1. boston util brock holt (left hamstring strain) was placed on the 10-day disabled list to make room for bogaerts.

2. tampa bay 3b matt duffy (hamstring) returned to the lineup friday after missing seven games and went 1-for-5.
3. red sox rhp craig kimbrel, who has given up one run in 11 games, is two saves shy of becoming the 29th player to reach 300 in major league history.

prediction: red sox 5, rays 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Washington Nationals Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

patrick corbin's remarkable start has been one of the primary catalysts in the arizona diamondbacks' early-season run, but much of it has taken place at home. the dominant left-hander will try to find road success for the first time when he starts the middle contest of a three-game series at the washington nationals on saturday.

corbin is 4-0 with a 1.29 era at home but gave up three runs in 5 1/3 innings in his lone road outing - a 5-4 loss at san francisco on april 10. his team improved to an national league-best 18-7 with a 5-4 victory in the series opener friday night. a.j. pollock went 3-for-4 with two rbis and three runs scored as arizona survived being outhit 11-6 by the nationals, who are 1-5 in their last six games and fell to 3-8 at home with the defeat. they left 10 runners on base friday, all in the first five innings.
tv: 4:05 p.m. et, fox sports 1, fs arizona, masn (washington)

pitching matchup: diamondbacks lh patrick corbin (4-0, 1.89 era) vs. nationals rh jeremy hellickson (0-0, 4.50)
corbin has struck out at least eight batters in each of his first five starts and fanned 11 in a win over san diego on sunday. each of his opponents thus far have been from the national league west and the 28-year-old has held them to a .140 average. bryce harper is 3-for-7 with two doubles and a walk against corbin, who is 1-1 with a 5.31 era in four career starts against washington.

hellickson is making his third start since joining the nationals' rotation, his first at home in a washington uniform and the 200th of his career. he allowed three runs in 5 1/3 innings in a no-decision at the los angeles dodgers on sunday. the iowa native, who won nine games with arizona in 2015, is 0-3 with a 5.32 era in four career starts against the diamondbacks.
walk-offs

1. arizona can clinch a ninth straight series win to begin the season with a victory saturday or in sunday's finale.

2. nationals 2b howie kendrick hit a two-run homer friday and is 8-for-17 during a five-game hitting streak.
3. the diamondbacks' bullpen allowed one hit and struck out seven in four scoreless innings in the series opener.

prediction: diamondbacks 5, nationals 3

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 11:05 AM
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

these are strange days indeed for the los angeles dodgers, who opened their 11-game road trip friday with a loss when pedro baez slipped on the mound and balked in the go-ahead run. the dodgers look to snap their three-game losing streak saturday during a split doubleheader against the host san francisco giants, who have won five of their last seven.

los angeles began the four-game series with friday's 6-4 loss and could be without two key players saturday after outfielder matt kemp (left quad tightness) and reliever tony cingrani (dead arm) both exited the opener with injuries. the dodgers have dropped 23 of their last 33 games at at&t park but received a piece of good news friday when shortstop corey seager singled as a pinch hitter in the eighth inning after being held out of the starting lineup due to a sore hip. seager could start both ends of saturday's doubleheader against the giants, who are hoping to have left fielder mac williamson back in the lineup after he missed friday's contest due to concussion symptoms. the giants' offense has received a much-needed spark from williamson and first baseman brandon belt, who is 13-for-33 with five home runs during his nine-game hitting streak.
tv: 4:05 p.m. et, sportsnet la (los angeles), nbcsn bay area (san francisco)
pitching matchup: dodgers rh walker buehler (0-0, 0.00 era) vs. giants rh chris stratton (2-1, 2.32)

buehler was as good as advertised in his major league debut against miami last monday, tossing five scoreless innings with five strikeouts. "he has a really good fastball and he mixed four different pitches, which is pretty rare for a guy who can throw that hard," marlins catcher j.t. realmuto told reporters. the 23-year-old has dominated in three starts for triple-a oklahoma city this season, posting a 2.08 era across 13 innings.
stratton continued to impress last monday against washington, allowing two runs on four hits over 6 2/3 innings in a 4-2 victory. the 27-year-old has been a pleasant surprise since joining the giants' starting rotation last season on aug. 5, giving up three runs or fewer in all 13 of his starts and posting a 2.35 era in that span. stratton is 1-2 with a 5.17 era in five career games (four starts) against the dodgers, including 0-1 with a 4.35 era in two outings this season.
walk-offs

1. saturday's doubleheader marks the first between the dodgers and giants since sept. 27, 2003.

2. dodgers 3b justin turner (wrist) was cleared to swing a bat on friday and hopes to return in mid-may.
3. the giants placed lhp josh osich on the 10-day disabled list with a right hip strain.

prediction: dodgers 5, giants 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Texas Rangers vs. Toronto Blue Jays Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

the texas rangers have a chance to secure their first three-game winning streak of the season when they continue a three-game series against the host toronto blue jays on saturday. joey gallo homered to cap a four-run first inning and rookie ronald guzman snapped a tie with a two-run base hit in the sixth as the rangers took the series opener 6-4 on friday.

nomar mazara had three hits and two rbis for texas and he has driven in 10 runs over the last 10 games after going 13 consecutive contests without an rbi. the blue jays are 2-6 over their last eight games and have dropped three in a row by a combined four runs. justin smoak had four of their 10 hits in friday's loss after slugging his third home run of the season in a 5-4 setback against the boston red sox the night before. toronto gives the ball to jaime garcia on saturday opposite the ageless bartolo colon, who is still seeking his first victory in a texas uniform despite a 2.59 era.
tv: 4:07 p.m. et, fs southwest (texas), sportsnet one (toronto)
pitching matchup: rangers rh bartolo colon (0-0, 2.59 era) vs. blue jays lh jaime garcia (2-1, 4.57)

after flirting with a perfect game and finishing with 7 2/3 dominant innings at houston on april 15, colon gave up four runs in 5 2/3 innings of a no-decision against seattle six days later. he owns a 2.79 era and has limited opponents to a .221 average through his first three starts with texas. the 44-year-old, who threw two scoreless innings of relief against the blue jays earlier in the season, is 12-7 with a 4.14 era in 29 career starts against toronto.
garcia opened the year with six solid innings against the chicago white sox but he failed to complete six frames in each of his next three outings. he allowed 10 runs in 15 2/3 innings in that span and has served up at least one home run in all four of his starts. the 31-year-old from mexico got the win april 8 in texas after yielding three runs over 5 1/3 innings.

walk-offs

1. rangers c robinson chirinos (wrist) has missed two straight games but is expected to return saturday.
2. gallo is 5-for-7 with three runs scored during the two-game winning streak.

3. blue jays rhp john axford was activated from the bereavement list friday and came on to throw two scoreless innings in the loss.

prediction: blue jays 5, rangers 4

Can'tPickAWinner
Seattle Mariners vs. Cleveland Indians Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

slugger edwin encarnacion could be starting to break out of an early-season slump and hopes to keep it going when his cleveland indians host the seattle mariners on saturday afternoon for the third of a four-game series. encarnacion, batting .180 overall, was one of five indians to go deep in a 6-5 victory friday to extend his hitting streak to six games and he boasts two blasts while registering an rbi in each of his last four games.

michael brantley, who has hit safely in 10 of his last 11 games, and fellow all-star francisco lindor each had two of cleveland's 10 extra-base hits friday as the indians evened their record at 2-2 on a giant 11-game homestand. carlos carrasco goes for a team-high fifth victory when he takes the mound for cleveland on saturday while veteran right-hander mike leake will try to turn his fortunes around after a pair of rough starts for seattle. the mariners took the opener of the four-game series 5-4 on thursday and got a three-run homer in the ninth inning from mike zunino to give themselves a chance, but dropped to 5-3 on their 10-game road trip. right fielder mitch haniger has five homers and 11 rbis over his last eight games for seattle after belting a two-run shot off two-time cy young winner corey kluber on friday.
tv: 4:10 p.m. et, root sports northwest (seattle), sportstime ohio (cleveland)
pitching matchup: mariners rh mike leake (2-2, 6.59 era) vs. indians rh carlos carrasco (4-0, 2.31)

leake began the season with three solid starts, including a win against cleveland, but has been pounded for 13 runs on 19 hits over 9 1/3 innings in his last two trips to the mound. the 30-year-old arizona state product, who registered two quality starts in his first three appearances of 2018, gave up eight runs over 3 1/3 innings last time out against the struggling chicago white sox. lindor is 3-for-9 versus leake, who is 3-2 with a 3.72 era in eight career starts against the indians.
carrasco has strung together four quality starts and limited baltimore to one run on six hits and two walks over 7 1/3 innings to earn his fourth win monday. the 31-year-old venezuelan allowed five runs across 5 2/3 innings to gain the victory in his season debut at seattle and yielded four runs total in four outings since - totaling 29 1/3 frames. robinson cano is 9-for-23 with two homers and two doubles against carrasco, who is 4-2 with a 3.49 era in seven outings (six starts) versus seattle.
walk-offs

1. seattle 3b kyle seager was 1-for-3 while scoring twice friday and is batting .376 in his career at cleveland.

2. cleveland 1b yonder alonso has homered in back-to-back games and went deep four times in his last seven contests.
3. mariners rhp edwin diaz is 11-for-11 in saves to lead the league and has struck out 25 of the 53 batters he faced.

prediction: indians 6, mariners 2

Can'tPickAWinner
Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

odubel herrera continues to reach base, and the philadelphia phillies center fielder looks like he has found his power stroke entering the middle contest of a three-game home series with the atlanta braves on saturday. herrera extended his streak of reaching base to 27 consecutive games - dating back to last season - with a pair of homers in friday's 7-3 victory, driving in four runs to extend his hitting streak to 10 games.

herrera, who now has homered 12 times in 61 career games against the braves, had hit just one longball in 85 at-bats this season before he cranked a three-run shot in the first inning as philadelphia rallied from an early 3-0 deficit. atlanta rookie left fielder ronald acuna jr. collected the second multi-hit game in his third major-league game, finishing 2-for-4 with a double and a rbi, and is 6-for-13 since being promoted from the minor leagues. the braves finished with three doubles, extending their single-season franchise record for most two-base hits in april (60). it is a familiar pitching matchup as atlanta's mike foltynewicz and philadelphia's nick pivetta meet for the third time in the season's opening five weeks.
tv: 6:05 p.m. et, mlb network, fs south (atlanta), nbcs philadelphia
pitching matchup: braves rh mike foltynewicz (1-1, 2.77 era) vs. phillies rh nick pivetta (1-0, 2.57)

foltynewicz struggled with his control and needed 103 pitches to last just 4 2/3 innings monday at cincinnati, getting a no-decision after walking four and striking out seven with two runs allowed. he has walked four hitters in each of his past two starts (10 2/3 innings) after issuing only five in his first three outings (15 1/3 innings). foltynewicz has allowed three earned runs with 15 strikeouts in 11 innings against the phillies in two appearances this season.
pivetta has pitched well through the season's first month even though he only has one decision in five starts. he struck out seven in 6 1/3 innings sunday against pittsburgh, giving up two runs on five hits with two walks - his first two free passes since his season debut against atlanta on march 30. pivetta has pitched nine innings in two starts against the braves this season, giving up four earned runs with five strikeouts and 10 hits allowed.
walk-offs

1. philadelphia c jorge alfaro snapped a 1-for-17 skid with three hits and three rbis in the series opener.

2. atlanta activated c tyler flowers - who suffered an oblique injury in his initial at-bat on opening day against the phillies - was activated from the disabled list before friday's game.
3. philadelphia lf rhys hoskins singled in his first plate appearance friday, becoming the first phillies player to post a .500 on-base percentage through the first 100 plate appearances of a season since von hayes in 1989.

prediction: braves 5, phillies 4

Can'tPickAWinner
Detroit Tigers vs. Baltimore Orioles Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

muddling through their worst 25-game start since going 0-21 to open the 1988 season, the baltimore orioles snapped a more modest skid in the opener of a three-game series against the visiting detroit tigers. after halting a five-game slide friday, baltimore has a chance to win back-to-back games for only the second time this season in saturday's middle game.

pedro alvarez belted a pair of homers and manny machado added a solo shot as the orioles rolled to a 6-0 victory in the series opener for only their second win in the last 13 games. it was the first shutout win of the year for baltimore, which was battered for 23 runs in a three-game sweep in detroit last week. the tigers scored 13 runs at pittsburgh in the opener of their six-game road trip but have seen their offense dry up in losing three in a row. detroit managed two hits in friday's loss -- its second straight by shutout -- and has not scored in the last 22 innings.
tv: 7:05 p.m. et, fs detroit, masn2 (baltimore)

pitching matchup: tigers lh francisco liriano (2-1, 3.13 era) vs. orioles rh andrew cashner (1-3, 3.60)
liriano permitted only two hits last time out against the kansas city royals but was charged with the loss after a reliever served up a grand slam two batters after he departed. he beat the orioles in his previous turn, striking out a season-high seven and permitting two runs and five hits over five innings. liriano has been unable to solve orioles center field adam jones, who is 10-for-27 with three homers against him.
cashner's string of three straight quality starts was halted last time out when he was touched for four runs and eight hits over six innings in a home loss to cleveland. he also took the loss at detroit in his previous turn after giving up three runs and seven hits in six innings. cashner has been victimized by the long ball, surrendering six homers in his five starts, including a two-run shot to detroit's victor martinez.

walk-offs

1. machado has homered six times in the past eight games, with three coming against detroit.
2. tigers of jacoby jones is 0-for-8 in his last three since his seven-game hitting streak was snapped.

3. orioles lh richard bleier pitched a scoreless inning friday to lower his era to 0.54.

prediction: orioles 5, tigers 3

Can'tPickAWinner
St. Louis Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

considering a 1-7 stretch over the previous 1 1/2 weeks dampened their spirits following an 11-4 start, the pittsburgh pirates picked a fine time to post their first two walk-off wins of the season in succession. the pirates take aim at a fourth straight victory overall on saturday, when they continue their three-game series against the visiting st. louis cardinals.

pittsburgh dropped a 13-10 decision on wednesday for its fifth straight loss in the first game of a doubleheader against detroit before stopping its slide in the nightcap. the pirates notched their second straight win over the tigers the next day, when corey dickerson ended a scoreless tie with a solo shot in the bottom of the ninth inning, and pittsburgh kept the good late-inning vibes going in friday's opener when starling marte delivered a tiebreaking rbi single in the bottom of the 11th to complete a late rally and beat the cardinals. the setback for st. louis was only its third in 13 contests, but the club has to be a bit concerned about its bullpen after closer greg holland coughed up a three-run lead in the ninth while failing to record an out. marcell ozuna has settled into a nice groove recently for the cardinals, however, going 6-for-15 with five rbis over his last three games.
tv: 7:05 p.m. et, fs midwest (st. louis), at&t sportsnet-pittsburgh
pitching matchup: cardinals rh jack flaherty (0-0, 1.80 era) vs. pirates rh trevor williams (3-1, 2.15)

entering his seventh big-league start, flaherty will try to nail down his first career victory while taking his second turn of 2018 in place of the injured adam wainwright. the cardinals' 2014 first-round draft pick was sharp in his season debut at milwaukee on april 3, allowing one run and six hits while striking out nine over five innings. flaherty won all three of his starts at triple-a memphis since his demotion on april 4, posting a 2.25 era and 22 strikeouts across 20 innings.
williams allowed only one hit and tied a career high with seven strikeouts in six frames sunday at philadelphia, but he was tagged for two runs in a no-decision in large part because he issued five free passes for the second time this season. the 26-year-old arizona state product is tied for 12th in the majors in walks (15), offsetting the fact he has produced four quality starts in five tries so far. williams had no luck in solving the cardinals last season, going 0-2 with an 8.78 era in three starts.
walk-offs

1. the cardinals are the only team in the majors that has failed to hit a triple.
2. the pirates on friday won for the first time in 11 tries this season when trailing after eight innings.

3. pittsburgh is hitting .300 as a team with 18 homers and 79 runs scored in its last 14 home games against st. louis.

prediction: cardinals 6, pirates 2

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 11:06 AM
Colorado Rockies vs. Miami Marlins Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

the colorado rockies overcame a major scare in the opener of their nine-game road trip and will look to extend their winning streak to a season-high four games saturday against the miami marlins. rockies starter tyler anderson exited in the second inning while dealing with discomfort but colorado's bullpen cobbled together 7 2/3 scoreless innings in a 1-0 victory.

anderson told reporters after the game that he felt light-headed and dizzy but was checked out by doctors and did not have an irregular heartbeat. second baseman dj lemahieu also exited the game in the fourth inning due to tightness in his right hamstring for colorado, which improved to 10-5 on the road. after winning back-to-back games for the first time this season to close out a nine-game road trip, miami was blanked for the fourth time to fall to a national league-worst 3-10 at home. marlins third baseman martin prado (knee) was activated off the disabled list and went 0-for-4 in his first game since july 17.
tv: 7:10 p.m. et, mlb network, at&t sportsnet rocky mountain (colorado), fs florida (miami)
pitching matchup: rockies rh german marquez (1-2, 6.14 era) vs. marlins lh caleb smith (0-3, 5.82)

marquez's struggles at coors field continued when he was pounded for six runs over 3 1/3 innings in a loss to the chicago cubs last time out. he was solid at pittsburgh in his previous turn with six innings of two-run ball to earn his first win and also pitched well on the road in the season opener, limiting arizona to one unearned run in five innings. marquez lost his lone career start at marlins park, giving up five runs in 4 1/3 innings.
smith rebounded from his worst performance of the season with his best, suffering a hard-luck loss last time out despite striking out 10 and limiting milwaukee to two runs on two hits over six innings. he lasted only 2 1/3 innings in his previous turn at the new york yankees and was reached for five runs on five hits. smith has given up a homer in four of his five starts while allowing a total of 15 walks over 21 2/3 innings.
walk-offs

1. rockies lf gerardo parra went 2-for-3 in his return from a four-game suspension.

2. marlins 2b starlin castro has hit safely in six straight games.

3. rockies rhp wade davis picked up his nl-leading 10th save friday.

prediction: rockies 5, marlins 4

Can'tPickAWinner
Oakland Athletics vs. Houston Astros Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

the oakland athletics attempt to continue their success in the lone star state when they visit the houston astros on saturday for the middle contest of their three-game set. oakland began its nine-game road trip by winning two of three at texas and rolled to an 8-1 victory in houston on friday in the series opener.

the athletics launched three home runs off dallas keuchel while sean manaea spun another gem following up his no-hitter in boston last saturday with a seven-inning performance during which he allowed an unearned run and four hits. marcus semien is riding a six-game hitting streak that includes five two-hit efforts and has scored at least one run in six straight contests. houston has gotten off to a rough start on its 10-game homestand, losing three of the first four games. jose altuve, who has won the american league batting title in three of the last four seasons, registered one of the team's five hits on friday. the reigning al mvp has been held without a hit in only four of his 27 games this year.
tv: 7:10 p.m. et, nbcs california (oakland), at&t sportsnet-southwest (houston)
pitching matchup: athletics rh daniel mengden (2-2, 3.86 era) vs. astros rh lance mccullers jr. (3-1, 4.67)

mengden produced his second straight strong performance on sunday but settled for a no-decision against boston despite giving up just one run and six hits over 6 1/3 innings. the 25-year-old native of houston allowed the same amount of runs and hits over eight frames in his previous turn versus the chicago white sox but came away with his first victory in 11 career home decisions. mengden has made four starts against houston but has yet to win, going 0-2 with a 6.33 era.
mccullers is looking to win his third consecutive start after allowing two runs and nine hits with 14 strikeouts over 13 innings in triumphs at seattle and the chicago white sox. the 24-year-old floridian has had just one turn at home this season - a loss to san diego on april 6 in which he yielded three runs - two earned - and seven hits over five frames. mccullers has posted a 1-1 record and 4.95 era in four career starts against the athletics.
walk-offs

1. athletics of mark canha has hit safely in 11 of his 14 games this season.

2. houston ss carlos correa has gone 17-for-39 during his 11-game hitting streak.

3. prior to the opener, oakland placed ryan buchter (shoulder) on the 10-day disabled list, recalled fellow lhp danny coulombe from triple-a nashville and activated rhp yusmeiro petit from the bereavement list.

prediction: astros 6, athletics 3

Can'tPickAWinner
Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

matt davidson looks to continue his assault against kansas city pitching when the chicago white sox visit the royals on saturday for a doubleheader that is part of a five-game series. davidson went deep twice on friday for the second straight game and has belted seven homers at kauffman stadium this season, breaking the single-season record by an opponent.

davidson's power surge in kansas city has come in just four games and he surpassed three players who hit six shots - jacque jones (2002), jose valentin (2003) and carlos santana (2014). the 27-year-old also became just the fifth player in franchise history to have back-to-back multi-homer performances, joining zeke bonura (1934), greg norton (1999), joe crede (2008) and carlos quentin (2010). davidson's second blast on friday was a tiebreaking two-run shot in the 11th inning of a 7-4 victory as the white sox won for just the fourth time in 18 games and improved to 4-0 against kansas city this season. chicago is just 7-16 on the campaign while the royals have lost 14 of their last 16 to drop to an american league-worst 5-19.
tv: 8:15 p.m. et, wgn (chicago), fs kansas city
pitching matchup: tba vs. royals lh eric skoglund (0-2, 8.59 era)

chicago hasn't announced a starter for the second contest of the doubleheader, so it would be no surprise to see it dip into triple-a charlotte's rotation for a designated 26th man. right-hander dylan covey (2-1, 2.95 era) hasn't pitched since sunday, but the 26-year-old struggled while with the white sox last season by going 0-7 with a 7.71 era in 18 appearances (12 starts). another possibility is 28-year-old right-hander donn roach (3-0, 1.88), who last started on monday, but only two of his 21 major-league appearances have come in a starting role.
skoglund has been roughed up in each of his previous three starts this season and has allowed opposing batters to hit .300. the 25-year-old lost to detroit in his last turn as he gave up four runs and four hits over five innings. skoglund lasted just three frames in his lone career start against the white sox as he surrendered three runs - two earned - and five hits on sept. 13.
walk-offs

1. white sox 1b jose abreu (flu-like symptoms) was back in the lineup friday after a one-game absence and went 1-for-5.

2. kansas city 3b mike moustakas has recorded two hits in each of the first two games of the series and at least one hit in 17 of his last 18 contests.

3. chicago lf nicky delmonico (neck) has missed the first two games of the series but is expected to be available on saturday.

prediction: royals 8, white sox 7

Can'tPickAWinner
New York Mets vs. San Diego Padres Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

jason vargas makes his debut with the new york mets on saturday as he returns from a broken right hand to face the host san diego padres in the middle contest of their three-game series. the veteran hurler, who signed with the mets as a free agent in the offseason, underwent surgery on the hand on march 20 and is back in the majors after throwing 66 pitches in monday's rehab start.

vargas won a career-best 18 games and was an all-star for the first time last season while with kansas city. he cashed in by signing a two-year, $16 million deal over the winter and figures to eventually be the no. 3 starter behind noah syndergaard and jacob degrom. asdrubal cabrera belted a three-run homer as the mets posted a 5-1 victory in the series opener, and the 32-year-old finished with two hits for his fifth multi-hit performance in nine games. san diego's eric hosmer went 0-for-3 with a walk in his return after a two-game absence due to family reasons and has registered only four rbis in 88 at-bats.
tv: 8:40 p.m. et, wpix (new york), fs san diego
pitching matchup: mets lh jason vargas (2017: 18-11, 4.16 era) vs. padres lh joey lucchesi (2-1, 2.70)

vargas is facing the padres for the first time in nearly seven years, when he tossed a six-hit shutout on july 1, 2011 while with seattle. overall, the 35-year-old is 2-1 with a 2.39 era in four career starts against san diego, with the setback coming in his lone outing at petco park. vargas regularly shut down hosmer (1-for-13) before the two became teammates in kansas city.
lucchesi is coming off a rough outing in which he gave up four runs on five hits and four walks in five innings of a loss to arizona. the 24-year-old put together three solid starts prior to the defeat as he went 2-0 and allowed just one earned run in 17 frames. lucchesi also struck out 24 batters during that stretch, including nine in six innings of a victory over san francisco.

walk-offs

1. padres 3b christian villanueva (hamstring) went 1-for-4 on friday after missing the previous three games.
2. new york claimed lhp buddy baumann off waivers from the padres and plan to option him to triple-a las vegas, recalled jacob rhame from the 51s and optioned fellow rhp corey oswalt to the club.

3. san diego optioned inf cory spangenberg to triple-a el paso to clear room on the roster for hosmer.

prediction: mets 6, padres 4

Can'tPickAWinner
New York Yankees vs. Los Angeles Angels Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

the new york yankees attempt to extend their winning streak to eight games when they visit the los angeles angels on saturday for the middle contest of their three-game set. new york continued its run with a 4-3 comeback victory in 10 innings on friday in the opener of both the series and its seven-game road trip.

brett gardner forged a tie in the ninth inning with a sacrifice fly and didi gregorius homered in the 10th to complete a 3-for-5 performance. it was the third three-hit performance in four games for gregorious, who has hit safely in 10 of his last 11 contests. los angeles suffered its second straight defeat and has lost six of its last seven at home. andrelton simmons delivered a two-run triple in the setback and is 5-for-11 with two homers and seven rbis over his last three games.
tv: 9:07 p.m. et, fox sports 1

pitching matchup: yankees rh masahiro tanaka (3-2, 4.97 era) vs. angels rh garrett richards (3-0, 3.46)

tanaka bounced back from a pair of rough outings on monday as he limited minnesota to one run and three hits in 6 2/3 innings of a victory. the 29-year-old native of japan surrendered 13 runs and 14 hits over 10 frames in his previous two turns but managed to come away with a 1-1 record. tanaka has been impressive in four career starts against the angels, going 1-0 with a 1.63 era.
richards has allowed fewer than three runs in each of his last four starts, posting three victories in that span. the 29-year-old californian is coming off his longest outing of the season - a triumph over san francisco last saturday in which he gave up two runs and five hits while registering 11 strikeouts in six frames. richards has yet to defeat new york in his career, going 0-3 with a 6.65 era and one complete game in four starts and one relief appearance.
walk-offs

1. angels 1b albert pujols went 1-for-4 on friday, leaving him five hits shy of 3,000 in his career.

2. new york inf brandon drury (migraines) went 2-for-3 in a rehab game for triple-a scranton/wilkes-barre on friday and could be activated during the team's current road trip.
3. los angeles two-way sensation shohei ohtani's scheduled start on the mound on tuesday may be in jeopardy as he exited the series opener with a mild left ankle sprain.

prediction: yankees 5, angels 3

Can'tPickAWinner
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants Preview and Predictions 04-28-2018

these are strange days indeed for the los angeles dodgers, who opened their 11-game road trip friday with a loss when pedro baez slipped on the mound and balked in the go-ahead run. the dodgers look to snap their three-game losing streak saturday during a split doubleheader against the host san francisco giants, who have won five of their last seven.

los angeles began the four-game series with friday's 6-4 loss and could be without two key players saturday after outfielder matt kemp (left quad tightness) and reliever tony cingrani (dead arm) both exited the opener with injuries. the dodgers have dropped 23 of their last 33 games at at&t park but received a piece of good news friday when shortstop corey seager singled as a pinch hitter in the eighth inning after being held out of the starting lineup due to a sore hip. seager could start both ends of saturday's doubleheader against the giants, who are hoping to have left fielder mac williamson back in the lineup after he missed friday's contest due to concussion symptoms. the giants' offense has received a much-needed spark from williamson and first baseman brandon belt, who is 13-for-33 with five home runs during his nine-game hitting streak.
tv: 10:05 p.m. et, ktla, sportsnet la (los angeles), nbcs bay area (san francisco)
pitching matchup: dodgers lh alex wood (0-2, 3.72 era) vs. giants rh johnny cueto (2-0, 0.35)

wood is still seeking his first win despite turning in a quality start against washington last sunday, when he allowed three runs (two earned) on six hits. the 27-year-old native of north carolina is looking to rediscover his dominant form from the first half of last season, when he was 10-0 with a 1.67 era in 15 games (13 starts). wood is 2-2 with a 4.32 era in 10 career games (six starts) against the giants and has limited belt to two hits in 16 at-bats.
cueto has been the giants' clear mvp over the season's first month, allowing one run in four starts across 26 innings. the two-time all-star allowed two hits in six shutout innings and struck out seven in last sunday's 4-2 win over the los angeles angels. kemp is 12-for-39 with three homers against cueto, who owns a 6-8 record and 3.22 era in 18 career starts against the dodgers and flirted with a perfect game in his victory on march 30.
walk-offs

1. saturday's doubleheader marks the first between the dodgers and giants since sept. 27, 2003.

2. dodgers 3b justin turner (wrist) was cleared to swing a bat on friday and hopes to return in mid-may.

3. the giants placed lhp josh osich on the 10-day disabled list with a right hip strain.

prediction: giants 6, dodgers 3

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:42 PM
MLB
Dunkel

Saturday, April 28

Milwaukee @ Chicago Cubs

Game 901-902
April 28, 2018 @ 2:20 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Milwaukee
(Guerra) 15.590
Chicago Cubs
(Quntana) 17.435
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago Cubs
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Chicago Cubs
No Total
Dunkel Pick:
Chicago Cubs
(-170); N/A

Arizona @ Washington

Game 903-904
April 28, 2018 @ 4:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Arizona
(Corbin) 16.754
Washington
(Hllckson) 15.677
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Arizona
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Arizona
Dunkel Pick:
Arizona
(-120); Under

Atlanta @ Philadelphia

Game 905-906
April 28, 2018 @ 6:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Atlanta
(Fltynwcz) 15.309
Philadelphia
(Pivetta) 14.189
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Atlanta
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Philadelphia
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Atlanta
(+120); Under

St. Louis @ Pittsburgh

Game 907-908
April 28, 2018 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
St. Louis
(Flaherty) 15.633
Pittsburgh
(Williams) 14.109
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
St. Louis
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
St. Louis
Dunkel Pick:
St. Louis
(-120); Under

Colorado @ Miami

Game 909-910
April 28, 2018 @ 7:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Colorado
(Marquez) 15.432
Miami
(Smith) 14.013
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Colorado
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Colorado
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Colorado
(-120); Under

NY Mets @ San Diego

Game 911-912
April 28, 2018 @ 8:40 pm

Dunkel Rating:
NY Mets
(Vargas) 13.166
San Diego
(Luchessi) 14.690
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
San Diego
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
San Diego
Dunkel Pick:
San Diego
(-125); Under

LA Dodgers @ San Francisco

Game 913-914
April 28, 2018 @ 10:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
LA Dodgers
(Wood) 15.553
San Francisco
(Cueto) 14.297
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
LA Dodgers
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Dodgers
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
LA Dodgers
(-120); Under

Tampa Bay @ Boston

Game 915-916

Dunkel Rating:
Tampa Bay
(Chirinos) 17.528
Boston
(Price) 16.692
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Tampa Bay
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Boston
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Tampa Bay
(+180); Over

Texas @ Toronto

Game 917-918

Dunkel Rating:
Texas
(Colon) 15.196
Toronto
(Garcia) 16.662
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Toronto
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Toronto
Dunkel Pick:
Toronto
(-170); Over

Seattle @ Cleveland

Game 919-920
April 28, 2018 @ 4:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Seattle
(Leake) 14.482
Cleveland
(Carrasco) 16.244
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Cleveland
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Cleveland
Dunkel Pick:
Cleveland
(-220); Over

Detroit @ Baltimore

Game 921-922
April 28, 2018 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Detroit
(Liriano ) 13.335
Baltimore
(Cashner) 15.529
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Baltimore
by 2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Baltimore
Dunkel Pick:
Baltimore
(-135); Under

Oakland @ Houston

Game 923-924
April 28, 2018 @ 7:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Oakland
(Mengden) 16.094
Houston
(McCllers) 18.543
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Houston
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Houston
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Houston
(-200); Over

Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City

Game 925-926
April 28, 2018 @ 8:15 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Chicago White Sox
(TBD) 00.000
Kansas City
(Skoglund) 00.000
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago White Sox

Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Chicago White Sox

Dunkel Pick:
Chicago White Sox
( );

NY Yankees @ LA Angels

Game 927-928
April 28, 2018 @ 9:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
NY Yankees
(Tanaka) 15.664
LA Angels
(Richards) 17.226
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
LA Angels
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
NY Yankees
8 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
LA Angels
(-105); Under

Cincinnati @ Minnesota

Game 929-930
April 28, 2018 @ 2:10 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Cincinnati
(Romano) 12.908
Minnesota
(Odorizzi) 14.354
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Minnesota
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Minnesota
Dunkel Pick:
Minnesota
(-145); Over

Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City

Game 931-932
April 28, 2018 @ 10:15 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Chicago White Sox
(Fulmer) 00.000
Kansas City
(Oaks) 00.000
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Chicago White Sox

Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Chicago White Sox

Dunkel Pick:
Chicago White Sox
( );

LA Dodgers @ San Francisco

Game 933-934

Dunkel Rating:
LA Dodgers
(Buehler) 15.402
San Francisco
(Stratton) 13.760
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
LA Dodgers
by 1 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
LA Dodgers
7 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
LA Dodgers
(-120); Under

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:43 PM
MLB
Long Sheet

Saturday, April 28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MILWAUKEE (16 - 11) at CHICAGO CUBS (13 - 10) - 2:20 PM
JUNIOR GUERRA (R) vs. JOSE QUINTANA (L)
Top Trends for this game.
MILWAUKEE is 102-87 (+23.4 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 50-44 (+17.2 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 51-39 (+21.7 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 48-39 (+13.3 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 33-28 (+13.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 1708-1772 (-269.6 Units) against the money line in all games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 365-304 (-81.2 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -125 to -175 since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 911-827 (-160.6 Units) against the money line in home games since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 426-383 (-85.1 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 45-43 (-23.6 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 39-36 (-20.3 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 55-53 (-21.5 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 21-24 (-14.3 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
CHICAGO CUBS is 5-1 (+3.7 Units) against MILWAUKEE this season
5 of 6 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+3.9 Units)

JUNIOR GUERRA vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
GUERRA is 1-0 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 1.65 and a WHIP of 1.347.
His team's record is 1-2 (-0.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.4 units)

JOSE QUINTANA vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
QUINTANA is 3-1 when starting against MILWAUKEE with an ERA of 0.75 and a WHIP of 0.750.
His team's record is 4-1 (+2.7 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-5. (-5.3 units)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARIZONA (18 - 7) at WASHINGTON (11 - 15) - 4:05 PM
PAT CORBIN (L) vs. JEREMY HELLICKSON (R)
HELLICKSON is 9-3 (+10.2 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
HELLICKSON is 21-14 (+15.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
ARIZONA is 18-7 (+12.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
ARIZONA is 16-6 (+11.9 Units) against the money line in April games this season.
ARIZONA is 67-44 (+19.5 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 11-15 (-10.1 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
WASHINGTON is 3-8 (-10.4 Units) against the money line in home games this season.
WASHINGTON is 9-15 (-12.1 Units) against the money line in April games this season.
WASHINGTON is 32-35 (-20.0 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.

ARIZONA is 1-0 (+1.5 Units) against WASHINGTON this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

PAT CORBIN vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
CORBIN is 1-1 when starting against WASHINGTON with an ERA of 5.31 and a WHIP of 1.328.
His team's record is 2-2 (+0.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-1. (+2.0 units)

JEREMY HELLICKSON vs. ARIZONA since 1997
HELLICKSON is 0-3 when starting against ARIZONA with an ERA of 5.32 and a WHIP of 1.182.
His team's record is 0-4 (-5.3 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 4-0. (+4.0 units)

ATLANTA (14 - 11) at PHILADELPHIA (16 - 9) - 6:05 PM
MIKE FOLTYNEWICZ (R) vs. NICK PIVETTA (R)
PHILADELPHIA is 26-16 (+11.6 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 40-29 (+17.8 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 3 seasons.
ATLANTA is 63-66 (+19.4 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
ATLANTA is 78-96 (+22.9 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 3 seasons.
ATLANTA is 8-2 (+7.3 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
ATLANTA is 36-40 (+12.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 53-83 (-23.8 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.

ATLANTA is 4-3 (+1.2 Units) against PHILADELPHIA this season
4 of 6 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.9 Units)

MIKE FOLTYNEWICZ vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
FOLTYNEWICZ is 3-2 when starting against PHILADELPHIA with an ERA of 3.80 and a WHIP of 1.333.
His team's record is 3-5 (-2.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-3. (+0.6 units)

NICK PIVETTA vs. ATLANTA since 1997
PIVETTA is 3-0 when starting against ATLANTA with an ERA of 2.77 and a WHIP of 1.192.
His team's record is 5-0 (+5.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-2. (-0.3 units)

ST LOUIS (15 - 10) at PITTSBURGH (15 - 11) - 7:05 PM
JACK FLAHERTY (R) vs. TREVOR WILLIAMS (R)
PITTSBURGH is 162-108 (+49.9 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Saturday since 1997.
PITTSBURGH is 420-429 (+39.6 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1997.
ST LOUIS is 68-49 (+20.2 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 3 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 448-404 (+53.2 Units) against the money line in road games after a loss since 1997.
PITTSBURGH is 53-73 (-22.4 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.

PITTSBURGH is 1-0 (+1.2 Units) against ST LOUIS this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

JACK FLAHERTY vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
No recent starts.

TREVOR WILLIAMS vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
WILLIAMS is 0-2 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 9.45 and a WHIP of 2.174.
His team's record is 1-2 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.3 units)

COLORADO (15 - 12) at MIAMI (7 - 18) - 7:10 PM
GERMAN MARQUEZ (R) vs. CALEB SMITH (L)
COLORADO is 102-88 (+14.1 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 51-46 (+17.5 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 9-3 (+8.8 Units) against the money line in road games in April games this season.
COLORADO is 28-20 (+16.3 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against MIAMI this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

GERMAN MARQUEZ vs. MIAMI since 1997
MARQUEZ is 0-1 when starting against MIAMI with an ERA of 10.39 and a WHIP of 1.848.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

CALEB SMITH vs. COLORADO since 1997
No recent starts.

NY METS (16 - 8) at SAN DIEGO (9 - 18) - 8:40 PM
JASON VARGAS (L) vs. JOEY LUCCHESI (L)
SAN DIEGO is 55-40 (+25.7 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 18-11 (+12.8 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Saturday over the last 3 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 114-131 (+22.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 30-26 (+15.1 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive losses over the last 3 seasons.
VARGAS is 20-12 (+11.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
VARGAS is 89-74 (+25.8 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)

NY METS is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against SAN DIEGO this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

JASON VARGAS vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
VARGAS is 2-1 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 2.39 and a WHIP of 1.177.
His team's record is 2-2 (-0.7 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-2. (-0.1 units)

JOEY LUCCHESI vs. NY METS since 1997
No recent starts.

LA DODGERS (11 - 13) at SAN FRANCISCO (12 - 13) - 10:05 PM
ALEX WOOD (L) vs. JOHNNY CUETO (R)
LA DODGERS are 11-13 (-12.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
LA DODGERS are 21-35 (-15.8 Units) against the money line on the road when the money line is +125 to -125 over the last 3 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 96-88 (-22.5 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 3 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 36-36 (-20.4 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 3 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 51-44 (-23.1 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 66-64 (-22.6 Units) against the money line in road games in night games over the last 3 seasons.
WOOD is 53-56 (-21.4 Units) against the money line in all games since 1997. (Team's Record)
WOOD is 24-36 (-19.9 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997. (Team's Record)
WOOD is 7-16 (-13.2 Units) against the money line in April games since 1997. (Team's Record)
WOOD is 33-35 (-18.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997. (Team's Record)
SAN FRANCISCO is 1181-1034 (+81.3 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997.
SAN FRANCISCO is 282-188 (+57.3 Units) against the money line in home games against left-handed starters since 1997.
CUETO is 11-4 (+9.1 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
CUETO is 28-12 (+16.9 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
SAN FRANCISCO is 76-111 (-35.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 9-21 (-14.8 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 28-48 (-28.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

SAN FRANCISCO is 4-3 (+3.5 Units) against LA DODGERS this season
4 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.7 Units)

ALEX WOOD vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
WOOD is 2-2 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 3.75 and a WHIP of 1.028.
His team's record is 2-4 (-3.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-4. (-2.1 units)

JOHNNY CUETO vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
CUETO is 6-8 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 3.22 and a WHIP of 1.119.
His team's record is 8-10 (-0.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 8-10. (-2.2 units)

TAMPA BAY (11 - 13) at BOSTON (19 - 6) - 4:05 PM
YONNY CHIRINOS (R) vs. DAVID PRICE (L)
BOSTON is 17-3 (+13.6 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
PRICE is 89-41 (+31.4 Units) against the money line against division opponents since 1997. (Team's Record)
BOSTON is 402-350 (-94.0 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents since 1997.

BOSTON is 6-2 (+2.7 Units) against TAMPA BAY this season
5 of 8 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.6 Units)

YONNY CHIRINOS vs. BOSTON since 1997
CHIRINOS is 0-0 when starting against BOSTON with an ERA of 0.00 and a WHIP of 0.600.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.3 units)

DAVID PRICE vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
PRICE is 4-3 when starting against TAMPA BAY with an ERA of 3.18 and a WHIP of 0.969.
His team's record is 5-5 (-1.6 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 5-5. (-1.1 units)

TEXAS (10 - 17) at TORONTO (14 - 11) - 4:05 PM
BARTOLO COLON (R) vs. JAIME GARCIA (L)
TEXAS is 183-171 (+22.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons.
TEXAS is 82-64 (+26.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 3 seasons.
TEXAS is 34-33 (+16.8 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +125 to +175 over the last 3 seasons.
TEXAS is 22-18 (+11.9 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 34-22 (+15.3 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 3 seasons.
TEXAS is 26-17 (+22.8 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
COLON is 151-118 (+22.5 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997. (Team's Record)
COLON is 35-17 (+17.0 Units) against the money line in road games when playing on Saturday since 1997. (Team's Record)
COLON is 17-9 (+14.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
TORONTO is 126-142 (-53.3 Units) against the money line in home games in April games since 1997.
GARCIA is 46-50 (-23.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997. (Team's Record)

TEXAS is 2-2 (+0.6 Units) against TORONTO this season
3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.0 Units)

BARTOLO COLON vs. TORONTO since 1997
COLON is 12-7 when starting against TORONTO with an ERA of 4.18 and a WHIP of 1.355.
His team's record is 17-12 (+3.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 14-14. (-0.6 units)

JAIME GARCIA vs. TEXAS since 1997
GARCIA is 1-0 when starting against TEXAS with an ERA of 2.94 and a WHIP of 1.174.
His team's record is 2-1 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-1. (+1.0 units)

SEATTLE (14 - 11) at CLEVELAND (14 - 10) - 4:10 PM
MIKE LEAKE (R) vs. CARLOS CARRASCO (R)
LEAKE is 39-51 (-22.5 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 since 1997. (Team's Record)
CLEVELAND is 101-50 (+30.7 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
CARRASCO is 35-38 (-17.8 Units) against the money line in home games since 1997. (Team's Record)

SEATTLE is 3-2 (+1.8 Units) against CLEVELAND this season
4 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+3.1 Units)

MIKE LEAKE vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
LEAKE is 3-2 when starting against CLEVELAND with an ERA of 3.72 and a WHIP of 1.241.
His team's record is 5-3 (+2.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-4. (-0.6 units)

CARLOS CARRASCO vs. SEATTLE since 1997
CARRASCO is 4-2 when starting against SEATTLE with an ERA of 3.52 and a WHIP of 1.069.
His team's record is 4-2 (+1.4 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 3-3. (-0.5 units)

DETROIT (10 - 14) at BALTIMORE (7 - 19) - 7:05 PM
FRANCISCO LIRIANO (L) vs. ANDREW CASHNER (R)
DETROIT is 74-112 (-34.9 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 29-49 (-20.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 334-423 (-93.2 Units) against the money line on the road when the money line is +125 to -125 since 1997.
DETROIT is 39-77 (-35.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 52-88 (-31.9 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 34-53 (-20.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
LIRIANO is 12-3 (+9.5 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
LIRIANO is 11-3 (+10.3 Units) against the money line in road games after 3 or more consecutive losses since 1997. (Team's Record)

DETROIT is 3-1 (+2.3 Units) against BALTIMORE this season
2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=-0.3 Units, Under=-0.3 Units)

FRANCISCO LIRIANO vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
LIRIANO is 3-5 when starting against BALTIMORE with an ERA of 4.10 and a WHIP of 1.500.
His team's record is 3-8 (-9.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 8-3. (+4.7 units)

ANDREW CASHNER vs. DETROIT since 1997
CASHNER is 1-1 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 1.80 and a WHIP of 0.867.
His team's record is 1-1 (-0.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-2. (-2.3 units)

OAKLAND (14 - 12) at HOUSTON (17 - 10) - 7:10 PM
DANIEL MENGDEN (R) vs. LANCE MCCULLERS JR. (R)
OAKLAND is 34-55 (-15.4 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 11-31 (-15.7 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 97-46 (+27.5 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
HOUSTON is 132-140 (-47.6 Units) against the money line in home games in April games since 1997.
HOUSTON is 258-305 (-75.9 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday since 1997.
HOUSTON is 69-61 (-24.7 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 3 seasons.

OAKLAND is 1-0 (+1.5 Units) against HOUSTON this season
0 of 0 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.0 Units)

DANIEL MENGDEN vs. HOUSTON since 1997
MENGDEN is 0-2 when starting against HOUSTON with an ERA of 6.33 and a WHIP of 1.546.
His team's record is 1-3 (-0.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-1. (+2.0 units)

LANCE MCCULLERS JR. vs. OAKLAND since 1997
MCCULLERS JR. is 1-1 when starting against OAKLAND with an ERA of 4.95 and a WHIP of 1.850.
His team's record is 2-2 (-1.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-3. (-2.1 units)

CHI WHITE SOX (7 - 16) at KANSAS CITY (5 - 19) - 7:15 PM
HECTOR SANTIAGO (L) vs. ERIC SKOGLUND (L)
There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

CHI WHITE SOX is 4-0 (+4.7 Units) against KANSAS CITY this season
2 of 3 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

HECTOR SANTIAGO vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
SANTIAGO is 3-4 when starting against KANSAS CITY with an ERA of 4.76 and a WHIP of 1.364.
His team's record is 5-7 (-2.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-8. (-4.8 units)

ERIC SKOGLUND vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
SKOGLUND is 0-0 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 6.00 and a WHIP of 2.333.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

NY YANKEES (16 - 9) at LA ANGELS (16 - 10) - 9:05 PM
MASAHIRO TANAKA (R) vs. GARRETT RICHARDS (R)
NY YANKEES are 20-36 (-16.4 Units) against the money line on the road when the money line is +125 to -125 over the last 2 seasons.
NY YANKEES are 15-26 (-13.0 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
NY YANKEES are 19-32 (-15.4 Units) against the money line in road games after a win over the last 2 seasons.
LA ANGELS are 226-183 (+34.0 Units) against the money line at home when the money line is +125 to -125 since 1997.
LA ANGELS are 51-40 (+17.5 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
LA ANGELS are 34-49 (-16.3 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.

NY YANKEES is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against LA ANGELS this season

MASAHIRO TANAKA vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
TANAKA is 1-0 when starting against LA ANGELS with an ERA of 1.63 and a WHIP of 1.012.
His team's record is 4-0 (+4.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-4. (-4.4 units)

GARRETT RICHARDS vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
RICHARDS is 0-3 when starting against NY YANKEES with an ERA of 6.97 and a WHIP of 1.355.
His team's record is 0-4 (-4.2 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-2. (-0.1 units)

CINCINNATI (6 - 20) at MINNESOTA (8 - 13) - 2:10 PM
SAL ROMANO (R) vs. JAKE ODORIZZI (R)
CINCINNATI is 6-20 (-13.3 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
MINNESOTA is 93-91 (+6.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 25-43 (-20.8 Units) against the money line in home games in day games over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 45-74 (-36.5 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 53-78 (-29.6 Units) against the money line in home games after allowing 10 runs or more since 1997.

CINCINNATI is 1-0 (+1.1 Units) against MINNESOTA this season

SAL ROMANO vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
No recent starts.

JAKE ODORIZZI vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
ODORIZZI is 0-0 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 3.86 and a WHIP of 1.143.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.1 units)

CHI WHITE SOX (7 - 16) at KANSAS CITY (5 - 19) - 2:15 PM
CARSON FULMER (R) vs. TREVOR OAKS (R)
There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

CHI WHITE SOX is 4-0 (+4.7 Units) against KANSAS CITY this season
2 of 3 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

CARSON FULMER vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
No recent starts.

TREVOR OAKS vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
No recent starts.

LA DODGERS (11 - 13) at SAN FRANCISCO (12 - 13) - 4:05 PM
WALKER BUEHLER (R) vs. CHRIS STRATTON (R)
LA DODGERS are 11-13 (-12.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
LA DODGERS are 21-35 (-15.8 Units) against the money line on the road when the money line is +125 to -125 over the last 3 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 96-88 (-22.5 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 3 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 25-32 (-19.1 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 36-36 (-20.4 Units) against the money line in April games over the last 3 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 51-44 (-23.1 Units) against the money line against division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 38-35 (-23.9 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
LA DODGERS are 8-12 (-14.7 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive losses over the last 2 seasons.
STRATTON is 10-5 (+7.6 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
STRATTON is 8-0 (+10.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
STRATTON is 7-0 (+8.8 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
STRATTON is 6-0 (+7.8 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
SAN FRANCISCO is 76-111 (-35.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 9-21 (-14.8 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 50-74 (-29.8 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 24-49 (-27.6 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 28-48 (-28.5 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

SAN FRANCISCO is 4-3 (+3.5 Units) against LA DODGERS this season
4 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+0.7 Units)

WALKER BUEHLER vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
No recent starts.

CHRIS STRATTON vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
STRATTON is 0-2 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 4.91 and a WHIP of 1.364.
His team's record is 2-2 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 3-1. (+1.9 units)

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:43 PM
MLB

Saturday, April 28

National League
Brewers (16-11) @ Cubs (13-10)
Guerra is 2-0, 1.13 in three starts this year (under 3-0). Team in his starts: 3-0
5-inning record: 2-0-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-3

Quintana is 2-1, 6.46 in four starts this year (over 2-2). Team in his starts: 3-1
5-inning record: 2-2. Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-4

Milwaukee won eight of its last ten games; their last six road games stayed under. Cubs won six of their last eight games; under is 12-7-1 in their last 20 games.

Diamondbacks (18-7) @ Nationals (11-15)
Corbin is 4-0, 1.91 in five starts this season (under 3-2). Team in his starts: 4-1
5-inning record: 4-0-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-5

Hellickson is 0-0, 4.50 in two starts this year (over 1-1). Team in his starts: 1-1
5-inning record: 1-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-2

Arizona is 12-5 in its last 17 games; their last nine road games went over. Washington lost five of its last six games; four of his last six games stayed under.

Braves (14-10) @ Phillies (15-9)
Foltynewicz is 1-1, 2.95 in his last four starts (under 2-1-2). Team in his starts: 1-4
5-inning record: 1-1-3. Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-5

Pivetta is 1-0, 1.88 in his last four starts, all of which stayed under. Team in his starts: 5-0
5-inning record: 2-0-3. Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-5

Atlanta lost four of its last six games; over is 7-1-1 in their last nine games. Phillies won nine of their last 11 home games; over is 4-0 in their last four games overall.

Cardinals (15-10) @ Pirates (15-11)
Flaherty allowed one run in five IP (91 PT) in his first ’18 start. Team in his starts: 0-1
5-inning record: 1-0 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-1

Williams is 3-1, 2.15 in five starts this year (under 4-1). Team in his starts: 3-2
5-inning record: 3-1-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-5

Cardinals won 10 of their last 13 games; under is 4-2 in their last six road games. Pittsburgh won its last three games- four of their last five home games went over.

Rockies (15-12) @ Marlins (7-18)
Marquez is 1-2, 7.94 in four starts this year (over 2-2). Team in his starts: 2-2
5-inning record: 2-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-4

Smith is 0-3, 5.82 in five starts this year (under 3-2). Team in his starts: 1-4
5-inning record: 1-3-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 3-5

Rockies won eight of last ten road games (under 7-3). Miami is 3-10 at home this season; five of their last seven games stayed under.

Mets (17-8) @ Padres (9-19)
Vargas is making his first ’18 start; he was 18-11, 4.16 in 32 starts for the Royals LY. He’s made 228 MLB starts (85-81, 4.17). Team in his starts: 0-0
5-inning record: 0-0 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-0

Lucchesi is 2-1, 2.86 in four starts this year (under 3-2). Team in his starts: 2-3
5-inning record: 2-1-2. Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-5

Mets lost six of their last ten games; five of their last eight games went over. San Diego lost five of its last six games; five of their last six home games went over.

Dodgers (11-13) @ Giants (12-13)
Buehler blanked Miami for five IP in his first MLB start (89 PT). Team in his starts: 1-0
5-inning record: 1-0 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-0

Wood is 0-1, 3.27 in two road starts this year (under 3-2). Team in his starts: 2-3
5-inning record: 1-3-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-5

Stratton is 2-0, 1.31 in his last three starts, all of which stayed under. Team in his starts: 4-1
5-inning record: 2-2-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-5

Cueto is 2-0, 0.35 in four starts this year (under 3-1). Team in his starts: 3-1
5-inning record: 2-0-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-4

Dodgers won four of their last five road games; over is 6-3 in their road games. Giants won four of their last five games; under is 7-2-1 in their last ten games.

American League
Tigers (10-14) @ Orioles (7-19)
Liriano is 2-1, 3.13 in four starts this year (under 3-1). Team in his starts: 2-2
5-inning record: 3-1. Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-4

Cashner is 0-2, 3.32 in his last three starts; Orioles scored 6 runs in the three games. Under is 4-1 in his starts. Team in his starts: 1-4
5-inning record: 0-3-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-5

Tigers lost eight of their last nine road games; over is 4-2 in their last six road games. Orioles lost 13 of their last 16 games; under is 10-3 in their home games.

Rangers (10-17) @ Blue Jays (14-11)
Colon is 0-0, 2.79 in three starts this year (under 2-1). Team in his starts: 1-2
5-inning record: 2-0-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 0-3

Garcia is 2-1, 4.57 in four starts this year (over 2-2). Team in his starts: 3-1
5-inning record: 2-2. Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-4

Texas lost five of its last eight games; under is 7-4 in their road games. Toronto lost five of its last six games; under is 3-2 in their last five games.

Mariners (14-11) @ Indians (14-10)
Leake is 0-2, 12.54 in his last two starts (over 4-0-1). Team in his starts: 3-2
5-inning record: 1-1-3 Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-5

Carrasco is 4-0, 2.31 in five starts this year, last four of which stayed under. Team in his starts: 4-1
5-inning record: 4-0-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-5

Mariners won seven of their last ten road games; over is 10-5 in their road games. Cleveland lost three of its last four games; under is 13-6 in their last 19 games.

Rays (11-13) @ Red Sox (19-6)
Chirinos is 0-1, 3.48 in four starts this year (over 2-2). Team in his starts: 1-3
5-inning record: 1-1-2. Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-4

Price is 1-2, 5.93 in his last three starts (under 3-2). Team in his starts: 3-2
5-inning record: 1-2-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-5

Tampa Bay won its last seven games; they’re 5-6 on road. Over is 9-2 in their last 11 games. Red Sox lost four of their last six games; under is 5-1 in their last six games.

A’s (14-12) @ Astros (17-10)
Mengden is 2-0, 2.79 in his last three starts (over 3-2). Team in his starts: 3-2
5-inning record: 3-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-5

McCullers is 2-0, 1.38 in his last two starts (under 2-2-1). Team in his starts: 3-2
5-inning record: 1-2-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-5

A’s won nine of their last 11 games; under is 3-2 in their last four road games. Houston won seven of its last ten games; under is 9-4 in its home games.

White Sox (7-16) @ Royals (5-19)
Fulmer is 1-1, 7.02 in four starts this year (over 3-1). Team in his starts: 2-2
5-inning record: 3-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-4

Unknown Team in his starts: 0-0

Skoglund is 0-2, 8.59 in three starts this year (over 3-0). Team in his starts: 1-2
5-inning record: 0-3 Allowed run in 1st inning: 3-3

Oaks is making his first MLB start; he was 1-2, 3.09 in four AAA starts this year, 4-3, 3.64 in 15 AAA starts LY. Team in his starts: 0-0

White Sox lost 14 of their last 18 games; over is 8-2-1 in their last 11 games. Royals lost 14 of their last 16 games; under is 5-2-1 in their last eight home games.

New York (16-9) @ Angels (16-10)
Tanaka is 3-2, 5.52 in five starts this season, last three of which went over. Team in his starts: 3-2
5-inning record: 3-1-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-5

Richards is 3-0, 2.57 in his last four starts (over 3-2). Team in his starts: 4-1
5-inning record: 3-0-2 Allowed run in 1st inning: 1-5

New York is 10-2 in its last 12 games; they’re 5-4 on road. Over is 10-4-1 in their last 15 games. Angels lost six of their last seven home games; five of their last six games stayed under.

Interleague
Reds (5-20) @ Twins (8-12)
Romano is 1-2, 5.13 in five starts this year (over 4-1). Team in his starts: 2-3
5-inning record: 0-2-3 Allowed run in 1st inning: 3-5

Odorizzi is 0-2, 6.97 in his last two starts (under 3-2). Team in his starts: 2-3
5-inning record: 1-3-1 Allowed run in 1st inning: 2-5

Reds lost 15 of their last 19 games- over is 5-0-1 in their last six games. Twins lost nine of their last ten games; over is 7-1 in their last eight games.

Umpires
Mil-Chi: Under is 5-3-1 in last nine Cooper games.
Az-Wsh: Over is 3-1-1 in Lentz games this season.
Atl-Phil: Last three Danley games went over total.
StL-Pitt: Over is 7-4 in last eleven Morales games.
Col-Mia: Home side won six of last seven O’Nora games.
NY-SD: Five of last seven Foster games stayed under.
LA-SF: Five of last seven TGibson games went over. Over is 10-5 in last 15 Gorman games.

TB-Bos: Under is 8-2-1 in last eleven Blakney games.
Tex-Tor: Over is 5-2-1 in last eight Winters games.
Sea-Clev: Six of last seven Wegner games stayed under.
Det-Balt: Seven of last eight Estabrook games stayed under.
A’s-Hst: Four of last six Hallion games went over.
Chi-KC: Favorites won six of last seven Carapazza games. Under is 5-2 in last seven Baker games.
NY-LA: Over is 8-5 in last thirteen Miller games.

Cin-Minn: Over is 5-3 in last eight Woodring games.

Teams’ records in first five innings:
Team (road-home-total)- thru 4/27
Ariz 7-4-2……6-1-4…….13-5
Atl 5-5-3……6-3-3…….11-8
Cubs 6-5-3……2-5-2…….8-10
Reds 3-10-1……3-6-3…..6-16
Colo 8-6-2……6-5-1……14-11
LA 5-3-1…..6-7-2……..11-10
Miami 3-7-2…..4-5-4……..7-12
Milw 8-4-1…..6-7-1……..14-11
Mets 6-6-1……6-4-2…….11-10
Philly 3-4-4…..4-4-5……..7-8
Pitt 7-2-4……8-4-1…….15-6
St. Louis 9-3-1…….7-5……..16-8
SD 3-6-2…..3-11-1……..6-17
SF 6-4-5…..3-6-2……..9-10
Wash 9-5-1……5-5-1…….14-10

Orioles 2-7-4…….3-8-2……5-15
Boston 7-3-5……..5-3-2……12-6
White Sox 6-5………2-8-2…….8-13
Cleveland 6-3-3……6-3-4…….12-6
Detroit 3-7-1……7-6-2…….10-13
Astros 6-3-5……6-5-2…….12-8
KC 3-7-2……..3-9-1…….6-16
Angels 10-2-1……2-8-3……12-10
Twins 3-8-3……3-4-1…….6-12
NYY 5-2-2……10-4-2…….15-6
A’s 4-4-4……5-6-3……9-10
Seattle 8-6-2……2-3-5……10-9
TB 7-3-1……4-6-3…….11-9
Texas 5-4-2……5-9-2……..10-13
Toronto 4-5-2……4-7-3…….8-12

%age of times teams score in first inning (road/home/total- 4/27)
Ariz 5-12……..4-11………..9
Atl 6-13……..7-13……….13
Cubs 3-14……..4-9…………7
Reds 2-14……..1-12………..3
Colo 7-15……..5-12..…….12
LA 3-9……..3-14..………6
Miami 4-12……..5-14……….9
Milw 3-13……..1-13…..……4
Mets 3-13……..6-11…………9
Philly 2-11……..6-14…………8
Pitt 2-13……..3-13…………5
StL 4-12……..3-12………..7
SD 3-12……..1-14……….4
SF 1-13………3-11……….4
Wash 9-16……..5-11………14

Orioles 5-13……3-13………..8
Boston 5-15……..6-10………11
White Sox 3-12……4-12………7
Clev 3-12…….4-12……….7
Detroit 2-11…….3-13………5
Astros 3-13……3-11……….6
KC 2-12……..3-12………..5
Angels 6-13……..2-12……….8
Twins 4-14……..1-7……….5
NYY 2-9……..7-16……….9
A’s 4-12……..5-14………9
Seattle 5-15……3-10……….8
TB 6-11…….3-13……….9
Texas 2-11……3-16……….5
Toronto 2-11……6-14……….8

Interleague play- 2018
NL @ AL– 14-4 NL, favorites -$66
AL @ NL– 4-3 NL, favorites -$108
Total: 18-7 NL, favorites -$ 174

Totals in interleague games
NL @ AL: Under 10-7-1
AL @ NL: Over 4-3
Total: Under 13-11-1

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:44 PM
MLB

Saturday, April 28

Trend Report

Cincinnati Reds
Cincinnati is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
Cincinnati is 4-15 SU in its last 19 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati's last 6 games
Cincinnati is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Cincinnati is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cincinnati's last 6 games on the road
Cincinnati is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Minnesota
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Cincinnati's last 15 games when playing Minnesota
Cincinnati is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cincinnati's last 6 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
Minnesota Twins
Minnesota is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
Minnesota is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Minnesota's last 8 games
Minnesota is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Minnesota is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Minnesota's last 11 games at home
Minnesota is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Cincinnati
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Minnesota's last 15 games when playing Cincinnati
Minnesota is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota's last 6 games when playing at home against Cincinnati

Chicago White Sox
Chi White Sox is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
Chi White Sox is 4-14 SU in its last 18 games
Chi White Sox is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi White Sox's last 5 games on the road
Chi White Sox is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Kansas City
Chi White Sox is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Kansas City
Chi White Sox is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
Chi White Sox is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
Kansas City Royals
Kansas City is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
Kansas City is 2-14 SU in its last 16 games
Kansas City is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Kansas City is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
Kansas City is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
Kansas City is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
Kansas City is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox
Kansas City is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox

Milwaukee Brewers
Milwaukee is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
Milwaukee is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee's last 5 games
Milwaukee is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Milwaukee is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Milwaukee's last 5 games on the road
Milwaukee is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Chi Cubs
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Milwaukee's last 11 games when playing Chi Cubs
Milwaukee is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
Milwaukee is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 5 games when playing on the road against Chi Cubs
Chicago Cubs
Chi Cubs is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
Chi Cubs is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs's last 6 games
Chi Cubs is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Chi Cubs is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
Chi Cubs is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Milwaukee
The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Chi Cubs's last 11 games when playing Milwaukee
Chi Cubs is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
Chi Cubs is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs's last 5 games when playing at home against Milwaukee

Tampa Bay Rays
Tampa Bay is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
Tampa Bay is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tampa Bay's last 6 games
Tampa Bay is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Tampa Bay's last 8 games on the road
Tampa Bay is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Boston
Tampa Bay is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Boston
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay's last 7 games when playing Boston
Tampa Bay is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Boston
Tampa Bay is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Boston
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Tampa Bay's last 10 games when playing on the road against Boston
Boston Red Sox
Boston is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
Boston is 19-5 SU in its last 24 games
Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston's last 6 games
Boston is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Boston's last 9 games at home
Boston is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Tampa Bay
Boston is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Tampa Bay
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston's last 7 games when playing Tampa Bay
Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay
Boston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Boston's last 10 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay

Arizona Diamondbacks
Arizona is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
Arizona is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona's last 5 games
Arizona is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
Arizona is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona's last 5 games on the road
Arizona is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Washington
Arizona is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games when playing Washington
The total has gone OVER in 15 of Arizona's last 21 games when playing Washington
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona's last 6 games when playing Washington
Arizona is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Washington
Arizona is 7-14 SU in its last 21 games when playing on the road against Washington
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Arizona's last 12 games when playing on the road against Washington
Washington Nationals
Washington is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
Washington is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington's last 6 games
Washington is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Washington is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
Washington is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Arizona
Washington is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games when playing Arizona
The total has gone OVER in 15 of Washington's last 21 games when playing Arizona
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington's last 6 games when playing Arizona
Washington is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Arizona
Washington is 14-7 SU in its last 21 games when playing at home against Arizona
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Washington's last 12 games when playing at home against Arizona

Los Angeles Dodgers
LA Dodgers is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 10 of LA Dodgers's last 14 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers's last 6 games
LA Dodgers is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
LA Dodgers is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers's last 6 games on the road
LA Dodgers is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing San Francisco
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of LA Dodgers's last 11 games when playing San Francisco
LA Dodgers is 4-13 ATS in its last 17 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
LA Dodgers is 6-12 SU in its last 18 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers's last 7 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
San Francisco Giants
San Francisco is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of San Francisco's last 10 games
San Francisco is 12-5 ATS in its last 17 games at home
San Francisco is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco's last 6 games at home
San Francisco is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing LA Dodgers
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of San Francisco's last 11 games when playing LA Dodgers
San Francisco is 13-4 ATS in its last 17 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers
San Francisco is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers
The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco's last 7 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers

Texas Rangers
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas's last 6 games
Texas is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
Texas is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas's last 6 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Texas's last 19 games on the road
Texas is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Toronto
Texas is 8-16 SU in its last 24 games when playing Toronto
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Texas's last 6 games when playing Toronto
Texas is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Toronto
Texas is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Toronto
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas's last 6 games when playing on the road against Toronto
Toronto Blue Jays
Toronto is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games
Toronto is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
Toronto is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Toronto is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games at home
Toronto is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Texas
Toronto is 16-8 SU in its last 24 games when playing Texas
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Toronto's last 6 games when playing Texas
Toronto is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Texas
Toronto is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Texas
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toronto's last 6 games when playing at home against Texas

Seattle Mariners
Seattle is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle's last 7 games
Seattle is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Seattle is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle's last 7 games on the road
Seattle is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Cleveland
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle's last 5 games when playing Cleveland
Seattle is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle's last 6 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
Cleveland Indians
Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
Cleveland is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland's last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Cleveland's last 19 games
Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Cleveland is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cleveland's last 6 games at home
Cleveland is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Seattle
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland's last 5 games when playing Seattle
Cleveland is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games when playing at home against Seattle
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland's last 6 games when playing at home against Seattle

Atlanta Braves
Atlanta is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta's last 5 games
Atlanta is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Atlanta is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta's last 6 games on the road
Atlanta is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games when playing Philadelphia
Atlanta is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
Philadelphia Phillies
Philadelphia is 13-4 SU in its last 17 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 5 games
Philadelphia is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia's last 5 games at home
Philadelphia is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games when playing Atlanta
Philadelphia is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against Atlanta

Detroit Tigers
Detroit is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit's last 6 games
Detroit is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Detroit is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Detroit's last 10 games on the road
Detroit is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Baltimore
Detroit is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing Baltimore
Detroit is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Baltimore
Baltimore Orioles
Baltimore is 3-10 ATS in its last 13 games
Baltimore is 2-11 SU in its last 13 games
Baltimore is 8-17 ATS in its last 25 games at home
Baltimore is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Baltimore's last 13 games at home
Baltimore is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Detroit
Baltimore is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing Detroit
Baltimore is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Detroit

St. Louis Cardinals
St. Louis is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis's last 5 games
St. Louis is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games on the road
St. Louis is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
St. Louis is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of St. Louis's last 8 games when playing Pittsburgh
St. Louis is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
St. Louis is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Pirates
Pittsburgh is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh's last 5 games at home
Pittsburgh is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing St. Louis
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Pittsburgh's last 8 games when playing St. Louis
Pittsburgh is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against St. Louis
Pittsburgh is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against St. Louis

Colorado Rockies
Colorado is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Colorado's last 6 games
Colorado is 10-4 ATS in its last 14 games on the road
Colorado is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Colorado is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Miami
Colorado is 6-13 SU in its last 19 games when playing Miami
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Colorado's last 6 games when playing Miami
Colorado is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Miami
Colorado is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Miami
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Colorado's last 6 games when playing on the road against Miami
Miami Marlins
Miami is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
Miami is 5-16 SU in its last 21 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami's last 5 games
Miami is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games at home
Miami is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games at home
Miami is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Colorado
Miami is 13-6 SU in its last 19 games when playing Colorado
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami's last 6 games when playing Colorado
Miami is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing at home against Colorado
Miami is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games when playing at home against Colorado
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Miami's last 6 games when playing at home against Colorado

Oakland Athletics
Oakland is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
Oakland is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland's last 6 games
Oakland is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Oakland is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Houston
Oakland is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Houston
Oakland is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games when playing Houston
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland's last 5 games when playing Houston
Oakland is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Houston
Oakland is 6-16 SU in its last 22 games when playing on the road against Houston
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland's last 5 games when playing on the road against Houston
Houston Astros
Houston is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
Houston is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
Houston is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Houston is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games at home
Houston is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Houston's last 11 games at home
Houston is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Oakland
Houston is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games when playing Oakland
Houston is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Oakland
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston's last 5 games when playing Oakland
Houston is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Oakland
Houston is 16-6 SU in its last 22 games when playing at home against Oakland
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston's last 5 games when playing at home against Oakland

Chicago White Sox
Chi White Sox is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
Chi White Sox is 4-14 SU in its last 18 games
Chi White Sox is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi White Sox's last 5 games on the road
Chi White Sox is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Kansas City
Chi White Sox is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Kansas City
Chi White Sox is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
Chi White Sox is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
Kansas City Royals
Kansas City is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
Kansas City is 2-14 SU in its last 16 games
Kansas City is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Kansas City is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
Kansas City is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
Kansas City is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
Kansas City is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox
Kansas City is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Chi White Sox

New York Mets
NY Mets is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games
NY Mets is 14-7 SU in its last 21 games
NY Mets is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
NY Mets is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games on the road
NY Mets is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing San Diego
The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets's last 5 games when playing San Diego
NY Mets is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against San Diego
NY Mets is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against San Diego
The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets's last 5 games when playing on the road against San Diego
San Diego Padres
San Diego is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
San Diego is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego's last 5 games
San Diego is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
San Diego is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Diego's last 6 games at home
San Diego is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing NY Mets
The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego's last 5 games when playing NY Mets
San Diego is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against NY Mets
San Diego is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against NY Mets
The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego's last 5 games when playing at home against NY Mets

New York Yankees
NY Yankees is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
NY Yankees is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 16 of NY Yankees's last 22 games
NY Yankees is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees's last 6 games on the road
NY Yankees is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing LA Angels
NY Yankees is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games when playing LA Angels
NY Yankees is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing LA Angels
The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees's last 5 games when playing LA Angels
NY Yankees is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against LA Angels
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of NY Yankees's last 10 games when playing on the road against LA Angels
Los Angeles Angels
LA Angels is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games
LA Angels is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Angels's last 6 games
LA Angels is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
LA Angels is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games at home
LA Angels is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing NY Yankees
LA Angels is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing NY Yankees
LA Angels is 7-15 SU in its last 22 games when playing NY Yankees
The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Angels's last 5 games when playing NY Yankees
LA Angels is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against NY Yankees
The total has gone UNDER in 9 of LA Angels's last 10 games when playing at home against NY Yankees

Los Angeles Dodgers
LA Dodgers is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 10 of LA Dodgers's last 14 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers's last 6 games
LA Dodgers is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
LA Dodgers is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers's last 6 games on the road
LA Dodgers is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing San Francisco
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of LA Dodgers's last 11 games when playing San Francisco
LA Dodgers is 4-13 ATS in its last 17 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
LA Dodgers is 6-12 SU in its last 18 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers's last 7 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
San Francisco Giants
San Francisco is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of San Francisco's last 10 games
San Francisco is 12-5 ATS in its last 17 games at home
San Francisco is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco's last 6 games at home
San Francisco is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing LA Dodgers
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of San Francisco's last 11 games when playing LA Dodgers
San Francisco is 13-4 ATS in its last 17 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers
San Francisco is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers
The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco's last 7 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:45 PM
The Complete Game: "The Claw" is burning bettors' money early in 2018
Rob Hansen

Thursday night, Clayton Kershaw and the Los Angeles Dodgers were taken down 8-6, as -400 moneyline favorites, by the Miami Marlins.

The month of April is almost complete. The tulips are popping up from their long winter hibernation and those of us living in northern climates are noticing the smells of spring – freshly mowed lawns, barbeque, and salt-water breezes (for those of us lucky enough to live near the ocean). It’s been a long wait, but summer is right around the corner.

This is also the time of year when you’ll hear baseball analysts and talking heads use the expression, “Their bats will warm up with the weather.”

Let’s be honest, oddsmakers are pretty good at their job. However, we’ll keep a close eye on betting totals and offensive production over the next couple of weeks to see if we can grab a slight edge on the books.

Over/Under number thus far on the season (prior to Friday’s games) are very even at 175-171 (50.58 percent Over) and over the last seven days are dead even at 44-44 (50 percent).

Just like those tulips that are popping up from their cold-weather slumbers, it’s about time some of these vaunted offenses around baseball came out of hibernation, too.

Week in review

This week we saw Oakland Athletics’ starting pitcher Sean Manaea toss a no-hitter as a +150 underdog at home against the Boston Red Sox, and we were all witness to the longest at-bat in “modern baseball history” (since they started tracking pitches per at-bat as an official statistic in 1988) when Los Angeles Angels’ starter Jaime Barria and San Francisco Giants’ first baseman Brandon Belt battled for 21 pitches this past Sunday.

That stuff was great, and there were plenty of other notable moments of the week, but the highlight of the week in the betting world was, unquestionably, the Miami Marlins taking two straight games from the defending National League champion Los Angeles Dodgers at Dodger Stadium.

Wednesday night, Dillon Peters outdueled Kenta Maeda and the Marlins won 3-2, cashing as +225 underdogs. Then Thursday, three-time National League Cy Young Award winner Clayton Kershaw looked uncharacteristically bad in an 8-6 win by The Fish, cashing as whopping +320 dogs. Kershaw walked six batters in just five innings of work – six walks is generally over a month’s worth for peak-Kershaw. The Arizona Diamondbacks better look out next week because “The Claw” is pissed off.

What to watch for this weekend

This weekend we will be treated to a series featuring two future powerhouses (possibly current powerhouses?) from the National League East as the Atlanta Braves travel to Philadelphia to take on the Phillies, and the Dodgers and Giants do battle for four games at AT&T Park in their third series already in 2018 (season series tied 3-3).

The weekend series that will draw the most attention, however, will be the New York Yankees traveling to Anaheim to take on the Angels. Any time you get names like Mike Trout, Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton, Albert Pujols, and Shohei Ohtani on the field at the same time, the baseball world is going to take notice.

The Yanks send their ace Luis Severino to the hill Friday night as -140 favorites and he’ll be able to do his thing against a struggling Angels’ offense that's averaging only 2.44 runs per game over their last nine.

Saturday night will open around a Pick ‘Em (Yankees money may push them to a slight favorite by game time) when Masahiro Tanaka goes up against Garrett Richards. The Yanks have never lost a Tanaka start against the Angels and in two career starts at Angel Stadium he has allowed only one run in 14.1 innings of work (0.63 ERA). On the other hand, Richards’ last start against the Yankees was not his best work as he allowed six runs in just 0.2 innings and 37 pitches - six runs on 37 pitches in not an easy thing to do. The Yankees should be able to cash again in Game 2.

The final game of the series goes Sunday night with CC Sabathia taking on Tyler Skaggs. The Angels’ lefty is coming off a very good outing in Houston against the Astros but New York hits left-handed pitching very well, in fact, they own the top OPS in the American League (.843) against lefties heading into the weekend. The Angels also hit southpaws well, so I expect a slugfest in front of a national television audience. The total should open at around 8.5 or 9.

Betting Stats

Since we now have a month of data from the 2018 season to look at, let’s dive into the best/worst money earners for both teams and starting pitchers over the opening four weeks.

The top two teams on the Money Statistics table are, not coincidentally, the top two teams in each league. The Red Sox (19-5) top the table, earning 13.04 units for bettors, and the Diamondbacks (17-7) are close behind at 11.23 units to the positive.

At the bottom of the earnings table are the two worst teams in baseball in the Cincinnati Reds (-14.47 units) and the Kansas City Royals (-12.36 units). While it may not come as much of a surprise that the Reds and Royals are burying stacks of cash, the next team on the list may be a surprise to some – the Dodgers. Los Angeles is close to .500 at 11-12 heading into the weekend but they are burning chalk at a ferocious pace to start the season, costing bettors 11.54 units thus far.

In the Starter Money Statistics category, Phillies’ Nick Pivetta stands alone with a team win/loss record of 5-0 and an even 5.0 units earned for bettors. Interestingly, the Win/Under parlay is 4-0-1 in his five starts which speaks to how well he’s been throwing in 2018. Pivetta will climb the hill Saturday against the Braves with the Phils favored at -135 to -140.

At the bottom of the starter’s table is the aforementioned Kershaw. He had some hard-luck losses early in the season and his awful start against the Marlins pushed him all of the way to the basement at -7.76 units. Kershaw, obviously, pitches every game as a large moneyline favorite so it’s very easy to quickly burn piles of cash, but he was getting the same lines last year and he finished the season as the No. 2 money starter in baseball with 12.35 units earned.

Will Kershaw turn his season around? Yes. Will he be able to dig bettors out of the hole that he’s buried them in early in 2018? Not likely as a big favorite every start.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:46 PM
NBA
Dunkel

Saturday, April 28

New Orleans @ Golden State

Game 551-552
April 28, 2018 @ 10:35 pm

Dunkel Rating:
New Orleans
Golden State
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Golden State
by 11 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Golden State
by 8 1/2
222 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Golden State
(-8 1/2); Over

Milwaukee @ Boston

Game 701-702
April 28, 2018 @ 8:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Milwaukee
Boston
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Boston
by 7
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Boston
by 4 1/2
195 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Boston
(-4 1/2); Under

Can'tPickAWinner
NBA
Long Sheet

Saturday, April 28

NEW ORLEANS (52 - 34) at GOLDEN STATE (62 - 25) - 4/28/2018, 10:35 PM
GOLDEN STATE is 132-97 ATS (+25.3 Units) in April games since 1996.
GOLDEN STATE is 59-37 ATS (+18.3 Units) in all playoff games since 1996.
GOLDEN STATE is 61-35 ATS (+22.5 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
NEW ORLEANS is 49-36 ATS (+9.4 Units) in all games this season.
NEW ORLEANS is 28-15 ATS (+11.5 Units) in road games this season.
NEW ORLEANS is 9-1 ATS (+7.9 Units) in April games this season.
NEW ORLEANS is 23-12 ATS (+9.8 Units) in the second half of the season this season.
NEW ORLEANS is 8-1 ATS (+6.9 Units) in road games against Pacific division opponents this season.
NEW ORLEANS is 23-14 ATS (+7.6 Units) after scoring 115 points or more this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 36-48 ATS (-16.8 Units) in all games this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 35-43 ATS (-12.3 Units) as a favorite this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 17-29 ATS (-14.9 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 7-18 ATS (-12.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season this season.

GOLDEN STATE is 6-5 against the spread versus NEW ORLEANS over the last 3 seasons
GOLDEN STATE is 10-1 straight up against NEW ORLEANS over the last 3 seasons
8 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

MILWAUKEE (47 - 41) at BOSTON (58 - 30) - 4/28/2018, 8:05 PM
MILWAUKEE is 37-46 ATS (-13.6 Units) in all games this season.
MILWAUKEE is 15-24 ATS (-11.4 Units) in the second half of the season this season.
MILWAUKEE is 153-192 ATS (-58.2 Units) on Saturday games since 1996.
MILWAUKEE is 134-171 ATS (-54.1 Units) after a win by 10 points or more since 1996.
MILWAUKEE is 19-29 ATS (-12.9 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
MILWAUKEE is 9-18 ATS (-10.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season this season.
BOSTON is 52-32 ATS (+16.8 Units) in all games this season.
BOSTON is 16-4 ATS (+11.6 Units) on Saturday games over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 19-5 ATS (+13.5 Units) revenging a loss vs opponent this season.
BOSTON is 18-7 ATS (+10.3 Units) after a loss by 10 points or more over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 28-16 ATS (+10.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
BOSTON is 28-18 ATS (+8.2 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game this season.
BOSTON is 31-17 ATS (+12.3 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.
MILWAUKEE is 135-101 ATS (+23.9 Units) in road games against Atlantic division opponents since 1996.

BOSTON is 11-6 against the spread versus MILWAUKEE over the last 3 seasons
BOSTON is 10-7 straight up against MILWAUKEE over the last 3 seasons
11 of 16 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Can'tPickAWinner
NBA

Saturday, April 28

Bucks @ Celtics (3-3)
Home side won last eight series games, including all six this month; Bucks are 1-4 vs spread in their last five visits to Boston. Over is 6-2 in last ten series games (0-2 in last two). Milwaukee needs either Brogdon/Bledsoe to step up and be Bucks’ third double figure scorer. Bucks lost last four road games overall (0-4 vs spread)- four of their last five road games went over. Celtics won/covered five of last six home games, winning at home by 5-14-6 points in this series. Five of their last six home games went over.

Pelicans @ Warriors (0-0)
Golden State won nine of last ten games with New Orleans but Pelicans won last visit here April 7; this matters lot more now. Pelicans are 5-3 vs spread in last eight series games; they’re 2-3 vs spread in last five visits to Oakland. Over is 8-2 in last ten series games. New Orleans swept Portland 4-0; they’ve won/covered their last nine games, five of which were on road. Warriors beat San Antonio in five games, winning home tilts by 8-15-21 points. Under is 4-2-1 in their last seven games. Curry’s status for this series is unknown.

Wizards-Raptors
Tor 114-106, -7.5, O211
Tor 130-119, -7, O214
Wsh 122-103, -1, O217.5
Wsh 106-98, +1.5, U217
Tor 108-97, -7, U216
Tor 102-92, -2, U214.5
Raptors win series, 4-2

Heat-76ers
Phil 130-103, -6.5, O212
Mia 113-103, +6.5, U217
Phil 128-108, -2.5, O213.5
Phil 106-102, -4, U212.5
Phil 104-91, -10, U215.5
76ers win series, 4-1

Bucks-Celtics
Bos 113-107 OT, -4.5, O199.5
Bos 120-106, -1, O200
Mil 116-92, -5, O205.5
Mil 104-102, -5.5, O203.5
Bos 92-87, -4.5, U202.5
Mil 97-86, -4.5, U201.5

Pacers-Cavaliers
Ind 98-80, +7.5, U212.5
Clev 100-97, -8, U209
Ind 92-90, -1.5, U209.5
Clev 104-100, -1.5, U206.5
Clev 98-95, -6.5, U206
Ind 121-87, -1.5, O202

Spurs-Warriors
GState 113-92, -8, U209.5
GState 116-101, -9 O205.5
GState 110-97, -3.5, O205.5
SA 103-90, +5.5, U206.5
GState 99-91, -11, U204.5
Warriors win series, 4-1

Pelicans-Blazers
NO 97-95, +5.5, U216.5
NO 111-102, +6, U216
NO 119-102, -3.5, O215.5
NO 131-123, -6.5, O217
Pelicans win series, 4-0

Jazz-Thunder
OKC 116-108, -4.5, O205
Utah 102-95, +4, U206.5
Utah 115-102, -5, O209
Utah 113-96, -5, O208
OKC 107-99, -2.5, U207.5
Utah 96-91, –7, U207.5
Jazz win series, 4-2

Wolves-Rockets
Hst 104-101, -11.5, U215.5
Hst 102-82, -10.5, U212.5
Minn 121-105, +6, O217
Hst 119-100, -6, O217
Hst 122-104, -12, O217
Rockets win series, 4-1

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:47 PM
NBA

Saturday, April 28

Trend Report

Milwaukee Bucks
Milwaukee is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
The total has gone OVER in 19 of Milwaukee's last 23 games
Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Milwaukee is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 7 of Milwaukee's last 8 games on the road
Milwaukee is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Boston
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Milwaukee's last 8 games when playing Boston
Milwaukee is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Boston
Milwaukee is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Boston
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Milwaukee's last 5 games when playing on the road against Boston
Boston Celtics
Boston is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
The total has gone OVER in 8 of Boston's last 10 games
Boston is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games at home
Boston is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Boston's last 7 games at home
Boston is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Milwaukee
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Boston's last 8 games when playing Milwaukee
Boston is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
Boston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston's last 5 games when playing at home against Milwaukee

New Orleans Pelicans
New Orleans is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
New Orleans is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 6 of New Orleans's last 9 games
New Orleans is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
New Orleans is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of New Orleans's last 9 games on the road
New Orleans is 1-14 SU in its last 15 games when playing Golden State
The total has gone OVER in 4 of New Orleans's last 5 games when playing Golden State
New Orleans is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Golden State
New Orleans is 1-12 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Golden State
The total has gone OVER in 4 of New Orleans's last 5 games when playing on the road against Golden State
Golden State Warriors
Golden State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Golden State's last 6 games
Golden State is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games at home
Golden State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Golden State's last 6 games at home
Golden State is 14-1 SU in its last 15 games when playing New Orleans
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Golden State's last 5 games when playing New Orleans
Golden State is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against New Orleans
Golden State is 12-1 SU in its last 13 games when playing at home against New Orleans
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Golden State's last 5 games when playing at home against New Orleans

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:50 PM
Saturday's NBA Playoffs betting preview and odds

We get treated to the two greatest words in sports in Saturday night's NBA Playoff action "Game 7". The Bucks and Celtics play a win or go home contest, while the Pelicans and Warriors are the first second round series to tip off.

Milwaukee Bucks at Bostons Celtics (-4.5, 195.5)

Series tied 3-3

The home team won the first six games of the first-round series between Milwaukee and Boston and Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo is out to change that pattern in Saturday's Game 7. The "Greek Freak" can add to his reputation if he can steer Milwaukee past the Celtics in Boston and into the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, TNT, FS Wisconsin (Milwaukee), NBCS Boston

SERIES PRICE: OFF.

LINE MOVES AND BETTING ACTION: The Celtics opened this win-or-go-home Game 7 as 4.5-poiny home favorites and that's where the number still sits. Game 7 opened with the lowest total of the whole series by two whole points at 197 after Games 5 and 6 went Under by an average of 20.3 points per game. The number is already down to 195.5 and even 195 at some shops. This seems to sharp money driving the action with 63 percent of wagers on the Over according to our consensus. Bettors are also giving the Celtics a slight edge, with 54 percent of wagers on them to cover the home chalk.

INJURY REPORT:

Bucks - C John Henson (Questionable, back).

Celtics - PF Marcus Morris (Probable, thigh), PG Kyrie Irving (Out, knee), SF Gordon Hayward (Out, ankle), PF Daniel Theis (Out, knee).

ABOUT THE BUCKS (47-41, 36-47-5 ATS, 50-37-1 O/U): Antetokounmpo recorded 31 points and 14 rebounds as the Bucks forced a Game 7 with Thursday's 97-86 victory as 4.5-point faves. Antetokounmpo scored 30 or more points on three occasions in the series but his aggressiveness was back at a star level on Thursday after he took just 10 shots in a Game 5 loss in Boston. The play of Antetokounmpo (26.3 points, 9.7 rebounds) and forward Khris Middleton (23.5 average) has been consistently good but the duo needs someone from the trio of guard Eric Bledsoe (12 points per game), forward Jabari Parker (10.2) and guard Malcolm Brogdon (9.8) to step up on Saturday.

ABOUT THE CELTICS (58-30, 54-32-2 ATS, 47-40-1 O/U): Second-year shooting guard Jaylen Brown (20.5) is one of five Celtics averaging in double digits in the series with center Al Horford (16.8 points, 8.8 rebounds), guard Terry Rozier (16.2), small forward Jayson Tatum (14.7) and power forward Marcus Morris (13.8) being the others. Boston won its three previous home games in the series by an average of 8.3 points, covering the spread in each instance.

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2hs44n8.jpg

TRENDS:

* Bucks are 0-4 ATS in their last four road games.
* Celtics are 8-1 ATS in their last nine games following a ATS loss.
* Over is 7-1 in Bucks last eight road games.
* Over is 6-1 in Celtics last seven home games.
* Over is 10-2-1 in the last 13 meetings in Boston.

New Orleans Pelicans at Golden State Warriors (-9, 224)

The New Orleans Pelicans were surprisingly dominant in sweeping the third-seeded Portland Trail Blazers in the first round of the playoffs, but a much bigger challenge looms. The Pelicans will try to get an early advantage when they visit the defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals on Saturday.

TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT

SERIES PRICE (PER PINNACLE):

http://i68.tinypic.com/30d8avt.jpg

LINE MOVES AND BETTING ACTION: The Warriors opened Game 1 of their second round series with the Pelicans as 7.5-point home favorites, but that number quickly moved to -9, where the line currently sits. And it seems sharp moneyis driving that action considering 68 percent of wagers are on the Pelicans according to our consensus. The total hit the board at 222.5 and has also been bet up to the current number of 224, which isn't surprising considering 62 percent of bets are on the Over.

INJURY REPORT:

Pelicans - C DeMarcus Cousins (Out, achilles), PG Frank Jackson (Out, foot), C Alexis Ajinca (Out, knee).

Warriors - PG Stephen Curry (Questionable, knee), SG Patrick McCaw (Out, back), SF Chris Boucher (Out, ankle).

ABOUT THE PELICANS (52-34, 49-36-1 ATS, 49-37 O/U): New Orleans superstar Anthony Davis averaged 33 points on 57.6 percent shooting and 11.8 rebounds in the four-game sweep of Portland and will look to keep rolling against the defending champs. Davis is the unquestioned leader of the team, but guards Jrue Holiday and Rajon Rondo and power forward Nikola Mirotic are keys to an offense that is running at high speed. Holiday averaged 27.8 points on 56.8 percent shooting against the Trail Blazers while Rondo averaged 13.3 assists.

ABOUT THE WARRIORS (62-25, 37-49-1 ATS, 41-45-1 O/U): The Warriors knocked out the San Antonio Spurs in five games in the first round without star point guard Stephen Curry (knee), who is practicing with the team but remains a question mark for Game 1. Curry sat out the last 15 games with a knee sprain. Kevin Durant averaged 28.2 points in the first round to help cover some of Curry's lost scoring while shooting guard Klay Thompson averaged 22.6 points and shot 51.6 percent from 3-point range.

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2cyfket.jpg

TRENDS:

* Pelicans are 5-0 ATS in their last five road games.
* Warriors are 2-6 ATS in their last eight home games.
* Under is 6-1 in Pelicans last seven road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
* Over is 4-1-1 in Warriors last six home games.
* Over is 8-2 in the last 10 meetings.

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:50 PM
NHL
Dunkel

Saturday, April 28

Boston @ Tampa Bay

Game 85-86
April 28, 2018 @ 3:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Boston
Tampa Bay
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Boston
by 1
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Tampa Bay
Dunkel Pick:
Boston
(+130); Under

San Jose @ Vegas

Game 89-90
April 28, 2018 @ 8:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
San Jose
Vegas
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
San Jose
by 2 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Vegas
5 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
San Jose
(+155); Over

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:51 PM
NHL
Long Sheet

Saturday, April 28

BOSTON (54-23-0-12, 120 pts.) at TAMPA BAY (58-24-0-5, 121 pts.) - 4/28/2018, 3:05 PM
BOSTON is 37-42 ATS (-18.2 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 41-43 ATS (-25.8 Units) after a win by 2 goals or more over the last 3 seasons.
BOSTON is 41-46 ATS (-14.6 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
TAMPA BAY is 59-29 ATS (+17.2 Units) in all games this season.
TAMPA BAY is 19-5 ATS (+13.3 Units) in the second round of the playoffs since 1996.
TAMPA BAY is 228-233 ATS (+536.6 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1996.
BOSTON is 18-7 ATS (+10.0 Units) in road games on Saturday games over the last 3 seasons.

BOSTON is 9-4 (+5.3 Units) against the spread versus TAMPA BAY over the last 3 seasons
BOSTON is 9-4-0 straight up against TAMPA BAY over the last 3 seasons
6 of 10 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+1.3 Units)

SAN JOSE (49-28-0-10, 108 pts.) at VEGAS (56-24-0-7, 119 pts.) - 4/28/2018, 8:05 PM
SAN JOSE is 37-39 ATS (-15.1 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent over the last 2 seasons.
SAN JOSE is 18-28 ATS (-14.9 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
VEGAS is 57-31 ATS (+21.6 Units) in all games this season.
VEGAS is 25-9 ATS (+13.3 Units) vs. division opponents this season.
VEGAS is 30-15 ATS (+13.1 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
SAN JOSE is 9-3 ATS (+12.5 Units) in road games in April games over the last 3 seasons.
SAN JOSE is 25-9 ATS (+12.8 Units) vs. division opponents this season.
SAN JOSE is 19-9 ATS (+7.8 Units) after allowing 4 goals or more this season.
SAN JOSE is 216-228 ATS (+485.3 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1996.

VEGAS is 4-1 (+3.0 Units) against the spread versus SAN JOSE over the last 3 seasons
VEGAS is 4-1-0 straight up against SAN JOSE over the last 3 seasons
3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.8 Units)

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:51 PM
NHL

Saturday, April 28

Trend Report

Boston Bruins
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston's last 6 games
Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Boston is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston's last 5 games on the road
Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Tampa Bay
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston's last 5 games when playing Tampa Bay
Boston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston's last 6 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Lightning
Tampa Bay is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
Tampa Bay is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
Tampa Bay is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Tampa Bay is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
Tampa Bay is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Boston
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay's last 5 games when playing Boston
Tampa Bay is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Boston
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay's last 6 games when playing at home against Boston

San Jose Sharks
San Jose is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 13 of San Jose's last 19 games
San Jose is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
San Jose is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
San Jose is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Vegas
San Jose is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Vegas
Vegas Golden Knights
Vegas is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games
Vegas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 15 of Vegas's last 23 games
Vegas is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Vegas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Vegas's last 9 games at home
Vegas is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing San Jose
Vegas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Jose

Can'tPickAWinner
04-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Saturday's NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs betting preview and odds

The Bruins and Lightning renew hostilities when they open their Conference semifinal series Saturday in Tampa Bay and will the Golden Knights ever lose a playoff game?

Boston Bruins at Tampa Bay Lightning (-155, 6)

The Tampa Bay Lightning will be a very well-rested team when they host the Boston Bruins on Saturday afternoon for Game 1 of their Eastern Conference semifinal series. The Lightning wrapped up their first-round series April 21 by topping New Jersey in five games while the Bruins trailed by a goal going into the decisive Game 7 before rallying for a 7-4 victory over Toronto on Wednesday.

TV: 3 p.m. ET, NBC, Sportsnet, TVA

SERIES PRICE (PER SPORTS INTERACTION):

http://i68.tinypic.com/2j4cwlz.jpg

LINE MOVES AND BETTING ACTION: The Lighning opened Game 1 as -145 faovrites and have been bet u slightly to -155. The total hit the board at an even 6. Bettors are giving the big edge to the home team with 72 percent og wagers on the Lightning. When it comes to the total 58 percent of wagers are on the Over.

GOALIE SHOWDOWN:
GP W L GAA SAVE % SO
Tuuka Rask (Boston) 7 4 3 2.94 .899 0
Andrei Vasilevskiy (Tampa Bay) 5 4 1 2.01 .941 0

ABOUT THE BRUINS: The Bruins won the first three games in the season series before suffering a 4-0 defeat at Tampa Bay in the finale April 3. David Pastrnak is third in the league in scoring during the playoffs with 13 points for Boston, which averaged four goals in the first round. Pastrnak, left wing Brad Marchand (nine points), Torey Krug (eight points) and captain Zdeno Chara (plus-5 rating) were solid in the first round. Rookie left wing Jake DeBrusk matched Pastrnak with five goals to lead the Bruins in the first round.

ABOUT THE LIGHTNING: Nikita Kucherov led Tampa Bay with five goals and five assists against New Jersey. Tampa Bay was much improved on the penalty kill in the first-round series, giving up three goals on 19 attempts (two when down two skaters), but face a Bruins team that was 7-for-22 with the man advantage against Toronto. Ryan McDonagh, who had four assists in the first round, and Anton Stralman have become the shutdown pair that will often face the Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Pastrnak line while Norris Trophy candidate Victor Hedman is averaging a team-high 26:24 of ice time.

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2dwgb9s.jpg

TRENDS:

* Bruins are 1-6 in their last seven road games.
* Lightning are 17-5 in their last 22 Conference Semifinals games.
* Over is 5-0-2 in Bruins last seven games following a win.
* Under is 5-1 in Lightning last six games playing on three or more days rest.
* Under is 4-0-1 in the last five meetings.

San Jose Sharks at Vegas Golden Knights (-175, 5.5)

Golden Knights lead series 1-0

The Vegas Golden Knights have experienced a string of firsts in their record-setting expansion season but jitters have not been among them. The bright lights of the postseason have done nothing to slow the Golden Knights, who look to take a 2-0 lead over visiting San Jose on Saturday in their Western Conference semifinal after thrashing the Sharks 7-0 in the series opener.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS

SERIES PRICE (PER SPORTS INTERACTION):

http://i64.tinypic.com/vwcg6.jpg

LINE MOVES AND BETTING ACTION: The line opened with the Golden Knights as hefty -175 home faves for Game 2 and that's where the line remains. The total hit the board at 5.5. This is another game where bettors are giving a big edge to the home team with 70 percent of wagers on the Knights, while 60 percent of wagers are on the Over.

GOALIE SHOWDOWN:
GP W L GAA SAVE % SO
Martin Jones (San Jose) 5 4 1 2.05 .938 1
Marc Andre-Fluery (Vegas) 5 5 0 0.54 .982 3

ABOUT THE SHARKS: Sharks forward Evander Kane received a one-game suspension Friday for cross-checking Vegas defenseman Pierre-Edouard Bellemare. Kane was San Jose's big-ticket acquisition from Buffalo at the trade deadline and scored three times in the first-round sweep of Anaheim after netting nine goals in 17 regular-season games. Martin Jones allowed four goals in four games versus the Ducks but was chased 3.5 minutes into the second period after surrendering five goals on 13 shots. Sharks C Joe Thornton cented the No. 1 line at Friday's practice but will not play in Game 2.

ABOUT THE GOLDEN KNIGHTS: The Golden Knights scored seven goals in the four-game sweep of Los Angeles in the first round but matched the total in the series. The early cushion certainly made his job easier, but Marc-Andre Fleury became the 14th goaltender in history -- and first in 14 years -- to record three shutouts in his team's first five playoff games, even taking time to join the T-Mobile Arena fans in the wave. While Vegas received goals from seven different players, its top line of Jonathan Marchessault, William Karlsson and Reilly Smith accounted for nine points, with Smith collecting six assists over a four-game point streak.

MATCHUP CHART:

http://i63.tinypic.com/9tlk0j.jpg

TRENDS:

* Sharks are 4-1 in their last five games playing on one days rest.
* Golden Knights are 8-0 in their last eight vs. a team with a winning record.
* Over is 5-0-3 in Sharks last eight Conference Semifinals games.
* Under is 5-1 in Golden Knights last six after scoring five goals or more in their previous game.
* Home team is 4-1 in the last five meetings.