PDA

View Full Version : UFC Fight Night 77 Hendo-Belfort 3

Luke
08-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Glover Teixeira vs. Patrick Cummins being discussed for UFC Fight Night 77

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/18/9174117/glover-teixeira-vs-patrick-cummins-being-discussed-for-ufc-fight?utm_campaign=arielhelwani&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter (http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/18/9174117/glover-teixeira-vs-patrick-cummins-being-discussed-for-ufc-fight?utm_campaign=arielhelwani&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter)

Luke
08-18-2015, 06:40 PM
This is the same card Hendo-Belfort 3 will be on

CriticalHit
08-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Honestly, this has me scratching my head. I thought Glover vs the Rumble/Manuwa winner would be a lock. They both just rebounded but for Cummins this is a huge step up.

Only thing I can figure is they want to see his TDD tested by a wrestler after that poor Davis performance.

SPX
08-18-2015, 07:12 PM
Only thing I can figure is they want to see his TDD tested by a wrestler after that poor Davis performance.

That's probably about right. Not sure how much BUSINESS sense it makes but it's logical. If Glover can't get by Cummins well . . . that sucks. I'm not sure Cummins has the MMA wrestling of Davis, though.

Luke
08-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Apparently Glover-Cummins is set. Line guesses? I say Glover -275.

Luke
08-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Honestly, this has me scratching my head. I thought Glover vs the Rumble/Manuwa winner would be a lock. They both just rebounded but for Cummins this is a huge step up.

After watching his last fight/cardio, I believe Glover that he was out of shape for the Davis fight. Davis is not that good

Éire
08-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Apparently Glover-Cummins is set. Line guesses? I say Glover -275.

Good estimate. -275 sounds about right. Maybe on the lower end of the 200s. If it gets any better than that I'd definitely take Cummins via wrestlefuck.

Luke
08-18-2015, 10:02 PM
Good estimate. -275 sounds about right. Maybe on the lower end of the 200s. If it gets any better than that I'd definitely take Cummins via wrestlefuck.

I wouldn't bet Glover if it is -275. Highest I'd probably take Glover at is about -175 to -180, and I'd have to see him at weigh ins first. At -275, I'd take Cummins or pass.

Éire
08-18-2015, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't bet Glover if it is -275. Highest I'd probably take Glover at is about -175 to -180, and I'd have to see him at weigh ins first. At -275, I'd take Cummins or pass.

I wouldn't take Glover as a favourite, period. I'm saying that I'd probably throw some money on Cummins if Glover is anywhere over -275.

CriticalHit
08-18-2015, 10:25 PM
I think Cummins is still a level below Bader and Davis in the LHW wrestling pecking order. Right now my gut has Glover winning by sub after a knockdown.

That's if Glover doesn't have another training camp in his garage like he did for Davis fight.

Éire
08-18-2015, 10:27 PM
I think Cummins is still a level below Bader and Davis in the LHW wrestling pecking order. Right now my gut has Glover winning by sub after a knockdown.

That's if Glover doesn't have another training camp in his garage like he did for Davis fight.

100% this.

Luke
08-18-2015, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't take Glover as a favourite, period. I'm saying that I'd probably throw some money on Cummins if Glover is anywhere over -275.

I'd take Glover as a small fav. up to the number I stated

Cummins is ease to hit and has the worse chin. He's been TKO'd twice since coming to the UFC and Glover has huge power. If Glover is in shape, he should be able to keep the fight standing .
I just wouldn't want to lay big odds on Glover, but think he's the rightful favorite

Luke
08-18-2015, 11:43 PM
Updated card so far. Several fights were annouced today

With the addition to the card, UFC Fight Night 77 now includes:

Vitor Belfort vs. Dan Henderson
Patrick Cummins vs. Glover Teixeira
Tom Lawlor vs. Fabio Maldonado
Yan Cabral vs. Johnny Case
Gilbert Burns vs. Rashid Magomedov
Gleison Tibau vs. Abel Trujillo
Viscardi Andrade vs. Gasan Umalatov
Matheus Nicolau Pereira vs. Bruno Rodrigues

CriticalHit
08-19-2015, 12:07 AM
For a Brazil free card it's shaping up reasonably well.

SPX
08-19-2015, 12:17 AM
Yeah, for a Brazil card it's okay. All the international cards can be a bit tough to endure, though.

On the last Brazil card they hustled us by attaching Ronda Rousey and turning it into a PPV. Which . . . I actually paid for. Because of Ronda.

CriticalHit
08-19-2015, 12:40 AM
I just hope that it doesn't turn out like the Brazil cards where there's a bunch of gassing due to it being 100 degrees, humid, and there being no A/C in the arena.

Ludo
08-19-2015, 02:26 AM
Hendo/Vitor 3 just kind of isn't doing it for me. But I guess it's the best "rematch" we could have asked for at this point for Hendo.

poopoo333
08-19-2015, 10:34 AM
Hendo/Belfort 3...

Under 1.5 rds at -120 is the play IMO

Luke
08-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Hendo/Vitor 3 just kind of isn't doing it for me. But I guess it's the best "rematch" we could have asked for at this point for Hendo.

Kind of felt the same when I heard it annouced. I know Hendo won the first two fights, but I'd rather see a third fight with Shogun

CriticalHit
08-19-2015, 03:09 PM
As far as my interest for available Hendo rematches goes it's;

Franklin II
Rampage II/Shogun III
Lil Nog II

The rest

SPX
08-19-2015, 04:23 PM
The only reason I'm interesting in a Hendo/Vitor rematch is to see what non-SuperVitor looks like against him.

Luke
08-19-2015, 04:44 PM
The only reason I'm interesting in a Hendo/Vitor rematch is to see what non-SuperVitor looks like against him.

We already saw what non-SuperVitor looked like in the Weidman fight. Still think its plenty enough to KO Hendo, again

CriticalHit
08-19-2015, 04:49 PM
It's still hard to believe Hendo double feinted his overhand right to set up...his overhand right against a vicious striker like Trtor.

It looked comical esp. with him getting lifted off his feet by an uppercut for his troubles.

Luke
08-19-2015, 05:52 PM
It's still hard to believe Hendo double feinted his overhand right to set up...his overhand right against a vicious striker like Trtor.

It looked comical esp. with him getting lifted off his feet by an uppercut for his troubles.

Hendo is just so slow anymore that I can't see him beating Vitor. Think this fight looks the same as last one

Éire
08-19-2015, 07:39 PM

Shuffle, shuffle, H-Bomb, homie.

Ludo
08-20-2015, 03:07 PM

Because as he aged, and was on TRT, he actually devolved as a fighter. He went from a guy who uses his wrestling and even threw kicks into the mix along with plenty of other strikes, to a guy who was essentially Roy Nelson at 185-205lbs.

CriticalHit
08-20-2015, 04:22 PM
Because as he aged, and was on TRT, he actually devolved as a fighter. He went from a guy who uses his wrestling and even threw kicks into the mix along with plenty of other strikes, to a guy who was essentially Roy Nelson at 185-205lbs.

True but as one dimensional as he became he always had at the least his inside leg kick(well, glorified tap) to set up the right hand.

Ludo
08-20-2015, 05:20 PM
True but as one dimensional as he became he always had at the least his inside leg kick(well, glorified tap) to set up the right hand.

He only used that once, on Bisping, and possibly once on Shogun in the first fight. For a majority of his fights from 2010-present he's been pretty much the bull in a bullfight. He rushed forward, and if he lands it's pretty much game over. He's actually gotten much, much worse as a fighter in the last six years or so.

Luke
08-20-2015, 05:54 PM

Thats a really good comparison.

Ludo
08-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Thats a really good comparison.

::handshake::

Luke
08-21-2015, 01:44 AM
https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/997.png

Glover higher than I figured