Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • natman2939
    • Aug 2009

Possibly The Easiest MMA Parlay of All Time

Right now on bodog (and other sites I'm sure) you can parlay StPierre, Penn, and Anderson at -200!!!!!

with a maximum bet of 1000$ that's an easy 500$ profit.

I know anything can happen but let's be honest. these are the three easiest fights these great fighters have had in a long time.

I'd say it's easily a 95+% that this parlay would hit.
  • Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

Re: Possibly The Easiest MMA Parlay of All Time

Leaning towards a similar play myself.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• Thewiseman
      • Feb 2010

I have a feeling Edgar pulls off a close, controversial decision.

Comment

• UKDonkbet
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Thewiseman
        I have a feeling Edgar pulls off a close, controversial decision.

Care to elaborate?

Comment

• Thewiseman
          • Feb 2010

Edgar has much better footwork then Sherk and Sanchez, and better head movement than Sanchez and maybe Sherk. I mean, Sanchez just stood in front of BJ, and Sherks standup is pretty mediocre. Florian didnt do too bad standing, but tried to GSP Penn and Florian just doesnt have the wrestling or size to do it. Edgar has better wrestling than Florian, maybe better than Sanchez(I think he does). And Far better Boxing than Sherk or Diego. I think this is a closer fight than people think. I give Edgar at least a 20% chance to win, so I think there is value in him. I havent decided if im going to bet it straight up or take Edgar by decision, because I dont see Edgar finishing. Might bet .5u on each. I see this fight most likely to go the distance either way though.

Comment

• poopoo333
            MMA *********
            • Jan 2010

I don't see Edgar beating BJ in any round, let alone 3.

That is a good parlay, but I think the riskiest fight on there is Maia/Silva.

Comment

• zY|
              • Sep 2009

No reason to parlay it though, since it's 2 separate events. Just bet gsp then dump the winnings on a penn and silva parlay. That way you get the luxury of changing your mind.
              Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• SPX
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by poopoo333

I personally think the Maia/Silva fight is probably the safest, but maybe I'm missing something.

Can Maia sub Silva? Sure, but he has to get him there to make it happen. I think Silva's standup is just going to be WAY too much for Maia and this one might even end in round 1, a la Maia/Marquardt.
                I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SPX

I personally think the Maia/Silva fight is probably the safest, but maybe I'm missing something.

Can Maia sub Silva? Sure, but he has to get him there to make it happen. I think Silva's standup is just going to be WAY too much for Maia and this one might even end in round 1, a la Maia/Marquardt.
                  it's the idea of what weapons does the fighter possess. Dan Hardy has good boxing and hits hard, he has the potential to knock out anyone. Maia can absolutely tap Silva. However both guys are very likely to get dominated early and often. Despite this, they have a clear cut way to win the fight. Edgar on the other hand is much more likely to make a competitive bout with Penn and hang around awhile, but does he really possess the offense to get Penn out of there?

I don't think so.

Comment

• Thewiseman
                    • Feb 2010

IF Maia gets inside without getting his head knocked off, he still has to get Silva down, and then its gonna be a tall task to catch him in something. Silva will probable just wrap him up in the body triangle. Maia has the worst chance of the 3 in my opinion. Silva is going to make him pay.

Comment

• SPX
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zY|
                      it's the idea of what weapons does the fighter possess. Dan Hardy has good boxing and hits hard, he has the potential to knock out anyone. Maia can absolutely tap Silva. However both guys are very likely to get dominated early and often. Despite this, they have a clear cut way to win the fight. Edgar on the other hand is much more likely to make a competitive bout with Penn and hang around awhile, but does he really possess the offense to get Penn out of there?

I don't think so.
                      I see your point. I think a lot of my thoughts on the matter come down to this statement of yours:

"Edgar on the other hand is much more likely to make a competitive bout with Penn and hang around awhile. . ."

Because the longer Edgar is able to hang around, the longer he has to catch Penn with something. If he can go all 5 rounds, then that's 5 rounds to land just the right punch or--dare I say it--lock on a sub.
                      I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
                        • Sep 2009

Fair enough. But I just don't think he has the power to hurt Penn with a single shot. He'd have to soundly outbox him, and even then he wasn't close to hurting Sherk. And cmon, Edgar subbing Penn? That's crazy talk. =D

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                          215 Hustler
                          • Sep 2006

I dont think I have ever seen BJ rocked by one punch.
                          Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• Luke
                            10 year vet
                            • Oct 2006

If you want a 3 fight parlay that pays decent I can find 3 boxing matches that will pay better and have less risk.

I would never do this in MMA where any slip up can get you KO'd or caught in a submission .Boxing is just so much less riskier imo
                            2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• poopoo333
                              MMA *********
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SPX

Thales Leites got a double leg on Silva and maintained top control for awhile. Travis Lutter took Silva down. Marquardt took Silva down. Hendo took Silva down...it seems like Silva gets taken down in every fight that somebody attempts a takedown against him. Judging by that, I think a grappler like Maia has a shot of taking Silva down as well, or maybe even pulling guard. It's not like Maia has weak takedowns, did you see that toss to Chael Sonnen he did?

Comment

Working...