• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

1-2-10

NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

• Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

Re: 1-2-10

Wayne Root

3* Mich st. +7.5
    4* Northern ill +7
    6* Ole Miss -3 (Bowl Fav GOY)
    7* East Carolina +7.5 (Bowl Underdog GOY)

3* Vegas Legend Club
    4* Millionaire Club
    6* Billionaire Club
    7* No Limit Club

Comment

• Mr. IWS
      215 Hustler
      • Sep 2006

dr bob

2 Star Selection
      **South Carolina (-4.0) 32 Connecticut 21 (at Papajohns.com Bowl)
      11:00 AM Pacific, 02-Jan-10

I'll take South Carolina in a 2-Star Best Bet at -5 points or less (they'd be a Strong Opinion from -5 1/2 or -6 points) and I would lean with the over at 51 points or less.

Strong Opinion
      Mississippi (-3.0) 29 Oklahoma St. 21 (at Cotton Bowl)
      11:00 AM Pacific, 02-Jan-10

I'll consider Mississippi a Strong Opinion at -3 points or less (a lean at more than -3) and I have no opinion on the total.

Northern Ill 20 S. Florida (-7.0) 24 (at International Bowl)
      09:00 AM Pacific, 02-Jan-10

I'll lean with Northern Illinois at +6 points or more and I'll lean under 47 points or higher.

Arkansas (-7.5) 35 East Carolina 26 (at Liberty Bowl)
      02:30 PM Pacific, 02-Jan-10

I have no opinion on the side at -7 1/2 or more, but I'd lean with Arkansas if the line goes down to -7 points. I will lean with the Under at 63 points or higher.

Texas Tech (-7.5) 33 Michigan St. 26 (at Alamo Bowl)
      06:00 PM Pacific, 02-Jan-10

After making all the necessary adjustments my math model favors Texas Tech by 9 points with a total of 58 1/2 points, but Michigan State applies to a solid 53-21-3 ATS Bowl situation that plays on bowl underdogs that under-performed during the regular season. I have no opinion on the side or the total in this game.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
        215 Hustler
        • Sep 2006

Langs Saturday Plays... Saturday's Selections ... NOTE:
        Now that is the way to bring in the new year.

A perfect 4-0 sweep putting up +150 dimes to start 2010.

My work has only just begun, and trust me when I tell you I have a huge mountain to climb this year but they say the hardest part of a climb is the beginning.

I mean seriously folks, I hand you not only one of the most dominant bowl performances and a 75 dime winner for me with Florida but how about a 3-0 sweep with 25 dimers as well.

Don't look now, but that is 4 straight 25 dime winners with 3 of them being underdogs outright with Navy, Ohio State and Florida State and if you don't think the 4th one Northwestern shouldn't have won outright then I don't know what game you were watching.

My journey for the biggest year of my career will be a day by day affair. That is the approach I will take and believe me when I tell you I have a gameplan to execute.

Trust me when I tell you it feels pretty damn good to be the only person not only on this website to hand you a perfect 4-0, but I am quite confident you will be hard-pressed to find anybody on the internet that delivered like I did yesterday.

It's going to be different this year, and I will just leave it at that.

60 DIME - EAST CAROLINA PIRATES - I know about Arkansas, and how explosive they can be, but don't take East Carolina for granted.

It is very hard to cover a 7 1/2 number with a pass defense ranked 104th out of 119 teams in division one.

Skip Holtz has always been a great dog coach as evidenced by his 22-7-1 mark getting points anywhere on the planet earth.

This is solid line value I can't pass up with a team that has better offensive and defensive lines and believe it or not, more experience at QB with 6th year senior Pinkney.

They are familiar with high-powered passing games having faced Houston, and other pass happy offenses in Conference USA so they will be prepared to slow down Arkansas.

The determining factor for me is just how well this East Carolina team played down the stretch and I will gladly back them here in what I feel will be a game that comes down to the wire.

And I don't care what anybody says, coaching DNA favors a Holtz before it favors a Petrino. Enough said.

25 DIME - NORTHERN ILLINOIS HUSKIES -Where does South Florida get the motivation?

I mean, let's hang out in Toronto to play a team from the MAC?

So many of these bowl games are about teams that want to be there. Teams that will play like it means something. Northern Illinois will be that team today.

It's starts with Wisconsin and just how dominate they were over Miami-Florida the other night.

Well guess what folks? This NIU team went into Wisconsin and almost got the outright win as a 16-point underdog before losing 28-20.

I have to question the rumors surrounding head coach Levitt choking another player, and the overall focus of this Bulls squad.

They finished the year covering just 2 of their last 7 games while NIU covered 4 of their last 6.

I will gladly roll with the gritty underdog getting more than a touchdown with the # 1 rushing attack in the MAC and a great redzone team as well.

You are able to run the ball in college and you will be successful in any bowl game. See Wisconsin for a reference.

25 DIME - CONNECTICUT HUSKIES - This is a live dog.

In their 6 games this year as an underdog Uconn has covered all 6, and truth be told they should have won 4 of the 6 SU, instead of 2.

The amazing thing about this Huskies team is they are a couple of plays away from playing in a much bigger bowl game instead of this one here because as you are about to see they could be 12-0.

The lost a heartbreaker at home 12-10 to North Carolina. 24-21 at Pitt. A tough 28-24 loss at West Virginia. A devasting 28-24 loss at home to Rutgers, and a 47-45 score-fest at Cincinnati.

So as you can see this team could very easily be 12-0 folks. That is just how consistent Randy Edsall's team has been all year long.

If that isn't enough for you just know UConn was one of the top ATS teams in the entire country covering 9 of their 11 games this year.

They failed to cover the -7 number at home to Rutgers, and a -7 1/2 number at home to South Florida. They have paid out like an ATM machine all year long, and I will go to the bank with them one more time today.

I know all about the SEC and their speed, but I can't get past just how strong UConn has played all year.

I've been burned by Spurrier the last few years in bowls watching his teams play uninspired football, and furthermore I don't trust Stephen Garcia at QB either.

You throw in the fact the SEC is 0-5 SU and ATS last 5 bowls versus the Big East and for my dollar I will go down swinging with the live dog Uconn to end the season a perfect 7-0 ATS this year.

FREE SELECTION - OLE MISS REBELS

Comment

• mikefortino
          • Oct 2009

LARRY NESS

Louisville @ Kentucky
          PICK: Louisville +7.5

John Calipari and Rick Pitino are two of CBB's most successful coaches and quoting Calipari, "We've gone nose to nose many times in the NBA and in college and they were all good games. They were all wars and I would expect this is going to be the same." The third-ranked Wildcats (14-0) host the Cardinals (10-3) at Rupp Arena on Saturday and while Pitino-led teams have twice beaten Calipari-led teams in the NCAA tournament, things are different in this game. For the first time it's Calipari, not Pitino, who is coaching the favorite. It's Calipari, not Pitino, who has the roster filled with high school All-Americans. Then there is the fact that it's now Pitino, not Calipari, who will be viewed as the villain. Pitino abruptly left Kentucky after he led them to a national championship and three Final Fours in the 1990s for an ill-fated run coaching the Celtics. If that wasn't bad enough, he returned to college hoops at hated Louisville. Now throw in Pitino's tumultuous summer in which he admitted to having an affair with a woman later accused of trying to extort him for millions and Calipari looks pretty good. That's not easy, as he's now seen both of his Final Four teams at two different schools (U Mass and Memphis), forced to vacate those appearances due to rules infractions (of course, like Sgt Schultz in Hogan's Heroes, Calipari "knows nothing!"). Now to the game. The Wildcats are off to the best start in 32 years behind the play of freshman guard John Wall (17.2-4.0-7.5). How good would Kentucky be if Jodie Meeks (23.7 PPG last year) stayed in school? As is, two more freshman, the 6-11 Cousins (15.2-9.0) and guard Bledsoe (10.1), have joined Wall and the team's best returning player, the 6-9 Patterson (16.6-8.6), to form quite a nucleus. Two 6-7 swingmen who are both sophs, Dodson (8.7) and Miller (8.2) complete the major contributors. Louisville stumbled in early December losing home games to Charlotte and Western Carolina but enter this game on a five-game winning streak, helped by a renewed commitment to Pitino's full-court pressure D. The key will be, can Louisville press the Wildcats and the lightning-quick Wall? Pitino sure misses last year's dynamic duo of the 6-9 Clark (14.2-8.7) and the 6-6 Williams (12.5-8.6-5.0) but the 6-9 Samuels (16.4-7.6) is off to an excellent start to his sophomore season plus veteran guards Sosa (13.3-4.3 APG) and Smith (8.7-3.7-2.6) know how to handle the pressure of playing in a game like this. The 6-8 Swopshire (8.0-5.7) and swingman Delk (6.7) are also both quality players for the Cardinals. Kentucky's "passed every test" so far and while they may 'pass' this one as well, it won't come easy and I "want the points!"

Comment

• Mr. IWS
            215 Hustler
            • Sep 2006

Ppp
            4% So Florida
            3% So Carolina
            3% Ole Miss
            3% East Carolina
            3% Texas Tech

Comment

• mikefortino
              • Oct 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry Ness

REASON FOR PICK: My #1 Bowl Total for this season is on USF/NIU Over at 12:00 ET. Jim Leavitt is the only coach the USF program has had in its 13-year history. Saturday's International Bowl appearance marks the fifth straight bowl appearance for this young program and the Bulls will be looking for their third win in their last four bowl trips. The Bulls have had a nasty habit of getting off to fast starts the last three seasons, only to stumble down the stretch. USF opened 6-0 in 2007 but finished 9-4, 5-0 in 2008 while finishing 8-5 and '09 has been much of the same. The Bulls were 5-0 in mid-October but enter this game 7-5 with five losses in their last seven games. Getting back on the winning track would normally be the only storyline for USF in this bowl game but that's been overshadowed by a report that coach Jim Leavitt grabbed sophomore Joel Miller by the throat and hit him in the face during halftime of the team's November 21 game with Louisville. "I'm appalled at it. It's absolutely not true," Leavitt told the St. Petersburg Times. "It's so far out there. I'm very disappointed something like this would be written." Sound like Mike Leach? The school has retained an expert in workplace issues to assist with an investigation of the accusation. Northern Illinois was in the thick of things in the MAC in 2009 before losing its final two games to Ohio U and Central Michigan, the MAC title game representatives. The 7-5 Huskies are making their second straight bowl appearance and fourth in six seasons. However, as almost everyone should be aware, MAC teams are on a current 13-game bowl losing streak, going 1-11-1 ATS. Northern Illinois led the MAC in rushing at 202.4 yards YPG (4.9 YPC) behind the running of Spann (945 YR / 5.9 YPC / 19 TDs) and Brown (645 YR). Sophomore QB Harnish missed three games but returned for the team's last three, passing for five TDs (had just 11 all year) while throwing for 513 yards in his last two (vs Ohio and CMU). NIU was second in the MAC averaging 30.8 PPG and has shown an ability to step up in class this year, losing just 28-20 at Wisconsin and winning 28-21 at Purdue. However, neither of those schools own much overall team speed. In each of the last two International Bowls, Big East schools have 'toyed' with their MAC counterparts, as Rutgers beat Ball St 52-30 in 2007 and U Conn beat Buffalo 38-20 last year. Northern Illinois head coach Jerry Kill was quoted as saying, "It'll be the most speed we'll face all year," when talking about his team's matchup with USF. I agree and although USF freshman BJ Daniels has been erratic at QB, I expect he'll be just fine in this game. USF has gone 'over' in six of its last eight games and NIU has gone over in three of its last four, averaging 34.5 PPG. The Huskies have also gone 'over' each of the last three times they faced a team with a winning record. Additionally, we find the 'over' at 9-2 the last 11 times that the Bulls were listed as favorites in the 3.5 to 10 range. Every single International Bowl has finished with greater than 50 points (51 in 2007, 82 in 2008 and 58 in 2009) and this one should too. *10

Good Luck...Larry

REASON FOR PICK: My Daytime Dominator is on ECU at 5:30 ET. East Carolina returns to the Liberty Bowl for the second consecutive season (lost 25-19 to Kentucky last year). The Pirates are the first team to win consecutive C-USA titles since the conference switched to a two-division format in 2005 (beat then-No. 18 Houston 38-32 in the C-USA championship game on Dec 5). That win marked the school's fourth straight win (3-1 ATS), after the Pirates lost 16-3 to Va Tech at home on Nov 5 (Thursday night game). The Pirates averaged 36.0 PPG in their four-game winning streak with senior QB Patrick Pinkney stepping up "big time," after a mediocre season (up to that point). Pinkney has completed 66.7 percent of his passes with six TDs and zero INTs (in 129 attempts) while averaging 264.0 YPG through the air. Bobby Petrino (the classy guy who quit on his team in Atlanta after less than one season in 2007) went 5-7 in his first year at Arkansas but led the Razorbacks to a 7-5 season in 2009. Arkansas ran for just 136.0 YPG (4.4 YPC) and not a single RB ran for as much as 400 yards on the season. In comparison, ECU averaged just slightly more on the ground (149.6 YPC) but does own a quality RB in Lindsay (1,029 YR / 5.0 YPC). The Arkansas offense was led by QB Ryan Mallet (Michigan transfer who passed for 3,425 yards with 29 Tds and just seven TDs. This game could turn into a shootout, as neither team did a good job defending the pass in 2009. Arkansas D enters 104th in passing yards allowed (251.8 YPG), as opponents completed 59.8 percent with 21 TDs and 11 INTs. The ECU pass D ranks 110th in yards allowed (262.3 YPG), 62.3 percent completions and a 23-12 ratio. However, one can't ignore ECU's excellent record as an underdog under head coach Skip Holtz, going 21-11-1 ATS since Holtz took over in 2005. We're getting more a touchdown with a motivated team that's 9-2 its last 11 against teams with a winning record. Take the points. *8 Daytime Dominator

Good Luck...Larry
              REASON FOR PICK: My Bowl Blowout GOM is on Texas Tech at 9:00 ET. Mike Leach did great things here at Texas Tech. Not only did he turn the Red Raider offense into a perennial power but he also took Texas Tech to 10 straight bowl games. He also was the Big 12 Coach of the year last season and has the most wins in Texas Tech history. Unless you've been taking a vacation from ESPN, you know that Leach is no longer with the team. After allegedly mistreating a player, he was suspended. When he subsequently attempted to sue the university, he was released entirely. Will the Red Raiders be able to recover? I believe the answer is a resounding yes. Most of the players are supporting the decision and they'll be out to prove that it was them, not Leach, which made the program great. In terms of talent, there is little question that the Red Raiders are the stronger team, particularly with the Spartans playing without several key starters. In case you missed it, Michigan State will play this game without 11 players after they were suspended by coach Mark Dantonio for their roles in a dormitory brawl. Running back Glenn Winston and defensive back Roderick Jenrette were dismissed from the team while starters Chris L. Rucker - the team's top cover corner - and receivers B.J. Cunningham and Mark Dell are among those suspended. Those losses are far bigger than the loss of Leach. Cunningham and Dell are bit losses to the offense and losing Rucker really hurts a secondary that ranks 103rd in the country and allowed 29 touchdown passes while recording only five interceptions - tied for the fewest in the nation. The Red Raiders are off back to back wins, including a 41-13 win over Oklahoma. On the other hand, the Spartans lost their last game, 42-14 vs. Penn State, falling to just 6-6 on the season. With the Spartans at only 25-47 ATS the last 72 times they were coming off a conference loss, look for the Red Raiders to exploit their suspect secondary en route to a blowout victory. *10

Good Luck...Larry

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                215 Hustler
                • Sep 2006

Wayne Root

cbb: 4* Villanova -1

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                  215 Hustler
                  • Sep 2006

Dr. Bob Hoops
                  Saturday Daytime College Opinions
                  UCLA (-5) over Arizona
                  Rotation #534 - 10 am Pacific
                  UCLA has started to play better now that Drew Gordon and his bad attitude have left the team. UCLA's offense was stagnant the first 6 games with Gordon playing, but the Bruins have made 54% of their shots over their last 5 games and my ratings favor UCLA by 8 points in this game over a struggling Arizona team. I'll lean with UCLA minus the points based on the line value. Take UCLA in a 2-Star Best Bet if the line goes down to -4 points or less.

DELAWARE (+5) over Drexel
                  Rotation #544 - 11 am Pacific
                  Delaware started the season with 6 losses in their first 7 games, but the Blue Hens have won 3 of their last 5 games and their home win over Lafayette earlier this week sets the Hens up in a solid 95-45-2 ATS home underdog momentum situation. My ratings favor Drexel by 5 points, so the line is fair, and I'll lean with Delaware at +5 points or more and I'd take the Blue Hens in a 2-Star Best Bet at +6 points or more.

James Madison (+11) over Northeastern
                  Rotation #561 - 1 pm Pacific
                  James Madison is a horrible outside shooting team that has made just 27.9% of their 3-point shots. It's imperative that the Dukes have someone that can score inside given their poor outside shooting and that person arrived when the last semester ended. Denzel Bowles has lived up to the hype after transferring from Texas A&M. Bowles took it easy in his first game, scoring a solid 14 points and grabbing 5 boards. Since then Bowles has accepted his role as the go to player on his new team, as he's averaged 27.7 points and 13.0 rebounds in the last 3 games for James Madison. I make the fair line on this game Northeastern by 9 points and the line opened at 9 1/2 points. The line has gone up since then and given us enough value to lean with James Madison plus the points, and I'll take James Madison in a 2-Star Best Bet if the line gets up to +12 or more.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                    215 Hustler
                    • Sep 2006

Burns' BLUE CHIP BLOWOUT (EARLY) **HUGE 13-2 Run!
                    Ben went 2-1 with yesterday's football picks, incl. a winner with his **10** "Blue Chip" on Ohio State/Oregon 'under' the total. He's now a TERRIFIC 19-11 his L30 college football bets. Ben has also gone an absolutely AWESOME 13-2 the L3 Saturdays, in all sports. He tests that 87% STREAK this afternoon. Hop on board right away!

Under Miss/Ok State

*13-2 RUN* Burns' Bowl Shocker GAME OF YEAR! (day)
                    Off a MASSIVE 2009, Ben Burns got the new year/decade off to a profitable start incl winners with Ohio St 'under' the total & Florida St. outright over West Virg. He's betting on three football games today. One favorite ("Personal Fav") one total ("Blue Chip") & this BEAUTY, his BOWL SHOCKER GAME OF THE YEAR. Don't even consider missing out!

East Carolina

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                      215 Hustler
                      • Sep 2006

PPP - GAVAZZI
                      basketball
                      5 gonzaga
                      5 long beach state
                      4 temple