X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

Rumor: Renzo Gracie vs Matt Hughes @ UFC 109

I really cant see this happening, but I will be all over Hughes in this one.

ATO has learned through a source close to the HIT squad that Matt Hughes has been approached to face Renzo Gracie in February at UFC 109.
    Renzo Gracie last competed in February 2007 when he defeated Frank Shamrock via disqualification. Gracie has won his last three fights since falling to BJ Penn in 2005. The layoff in between fights could be a problem for Gracie.
    Hughes has been lying low since his big win over rival Matt Serra at UFC 98. He had signed a new seven fight deal back in September but he has yet to return to the octagon despite being called out by Josh Koscheck and other rising welterweights. Hughes is 2-3 in his last five fights and a matchup against an older fighter like Renzo could be very favorable.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

• SPX
    • Aug 2009

Re: Rumor: Renzo Gracie vs Matt Hughes @ UFC 109

Damn, Hughes signed a 7 fight deal? I figured he was pretty close to retiring. . .
    I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SPX
      Damn, Hughes signed a 7 fight deal? I figured he was pretty close to retiring. . .
      So did Randy. That just means they will finish their careers in the UFC.
      Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• Luke
        10 year vet
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX

He's got 10 years on Randy and Coleman ,Hughes is just a young one
        2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Luke
          Well, he's said several times that he's thinking about it and really just wants to be a family man and do his farm thing.

Plus, it's becoming obvious that his best days are behind him and he can't really hang with the best of the best anymore.
          I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
            10 year vet
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX
            Well, he's said several times that he's thinking about it and really just wants to be a family man and do his farm thing.

Plus, it's becoming obvious that his best days are behind him and he can't really hang with the best of the best anymore.

I was kidding
            2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• cward81386
              • Oct 2009

Im goign with this is a walk in the park for hughes... I love seeing renzo back in action but please not in the ufc. I could really enjoy seein Renzo fight frank shamrocks and other older legends such as himself for the rest of his career in sf or japan. Just seems pointless...

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                215 Hustler
                • Sep 2006

Looks like its going down. I like Renzo, but really, why do they bring in guys like Renzo, Baroni, etc. And cut guys like Werdum? Doesnt make any sense.

Renzo Gracie will mark the first member of the Gracie family to compete in the UFC since Royce was thoroughly embarrassed by former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes back in May of 2007 during UFC 60.
                The news comes courtesy of a recent report from Brazilian mixed martial arts journalist Paula Sack in a recent video interview.
                At forty-two years of age Renzo will be joining a club of MMA legends in the UFC previously held exclusive to fighters such as Randy Couture and Mark Coleman. However, if Coleman and Couture’s recent success over younger competition is a sign of what’s to come for Renzo, the dangerous Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt may still have a couple of wins left in him at the highest level of competition when it’s all said and done.
                Sporting a career record of 13-6 with one draw, Gracie hasn’t seen professional MMA action since February of 2007 when the grappling technician was awarded with the disqualification victory after being kneed in the head while grounded by Frank Shamrock during “EliteXC: Destiny”. During his career Gracie holds notable victories over the likes of Oleg Taktarov, Carlos Newton and Pat Miletich.

Comment

• Luke
                  10 year vet
                  • Oct 2006

Looks like its going down. I like Renzo, but really, why do they bring in guys like Renzo, Baroni, etc. And cut guys like Werdum? Doesnt make any sense.

More KO's and one sided fights imo makes its more exciting.

The reason I like strikeforce better than the UFC is because most of the time you have two fighters who arent close in talent and if they are one has great stand up and one has a great ground game so its a entertaining fight.

No one wants to watch a fight like Couture-Vera for example where nothing happens and you can almost fall asleep while there laying on the cage. Now the Rodgers -Fedor fight was exciting .

To me Strikeforce has way more entertaining fights than the UFC ,way more quick KO's and its because of the talent gap between fighters .Maybe Dana's bringing some bums over to get slaughtered to make for more entertaining fights.

Look at the Amir-Baroni fight. It was one sided but entertaining
                  2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                    215 Hustler
                    • Sep 2006

While I love to see a big KO, I like a fight, where you have no idea what the outcome will be. (unless my money is on it)

I would rather have the best of the best fighting each other. I dont care if it goes 5 rounds. As long as its a good fight.

I love a fight with lots of submission attempts too.

That Amir/Baroni fight, was more of a joke in my eyes. Everyone knew that Baroni was gonna gas out in 3 minutes. I love Baroni, but that clown shouldnt be anywhere near an octagon.

I like Strikeforce too, but they are so thin in every weight class. I mean, if you look at heavyweight, After Fedor fights Werdum, and Ubereem, if he ever comes back to the US, whats left for him? Gilbert Yvel? Who wants to see that shit?

Same thing at WW and MW, and they have nothing in their LHW division either.

I will say that Fedor/Rogers fight was the most exciting Ive seen in a while, but a big part of that for me was the fact that I had over 400 bucks riding on Fedor.LOL

Comment

• Luke
                      10 year vet
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by IWS Zak
                      While I love to see a big KO, I like a fight, where you have no idea what the outcome will be. (unless my money is on it)

I would rather have the best of the best fighting each other. I dont care if it goes 5 rounds. As long as its a good fight.

I love a fight with lots of submission attempts too.

That Amir/Baroni fight, was more of a joke in my eyes. Everyone knew that Baroni was gonna gas out in 3 minutes. I love Baroni, but that clown shouldnt be anywhere near an octagon.

I like Strikeforce too, but they are so thin in every weight class. I mean, if you look at heavyweight, After Fedor fights Werdum, and Ubereem, if he ever comes back to the US, whats left for him? Gilbert Yvel? Who wants to see that shit?

Same thing at WW and MW, and they have nothing in their LHW division either.

I will say that Fedor/Rogers fight was the most exciting Ive seen in a while, but a big part of that for me was the fact that I had over 400 bucks riding on Fedor.LOL

Trust me when its boxing or UFC that I have money or not I want to see the best figthting the best .

But just as you say"me like a good freak show" and thats what strikeforce reminds me of lol

Plus I cant get the old lady to watch UFC or boxing because they are more techinical fights.She will watch Strikeforce because she knows there will be wild,crazy action in them
                      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                        215 Hustler
                        • Sep 2006

Shit, I love me a good freak show.

Comment

• Luke
                          10 year vet
                          • Oct 2006

Thats what I consider strikeforce as at this point.I dont consider them the samething as UFC
                          2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• zY|
                            • Sep 2009

Thats what I consider strikeforce as at this point.I dont consider them the samething as UFC
                            Do you consider minor league sports teams to be freak shows?
                            Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• Luke
                              10 year vet
                              • Oct 2006

[quote=zY|]
                              Originally posted by "IWS Zak":37ppkk44

Do you consider minor league sports teams to be freak shows?[/quote:37ppkk44]

No why?

Strikeforce cant really be considered the minor leagues when the have Fedor imo
                              2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

Working...