• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

10-23-09

NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

• Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

Re: 10-23-09

A Redd
    10 Dime - Rutgers

Comment

• Mr. IWS
      215 Hustler
      • Sep 2006

Steve Merril
      Friday NCAA Over/Under - Rutgers/Army

Rutgers vs. Army (NCAAF) - 8:00 PM EDT Premium Play
      Pick: Total: 38.5/-111 Under Play Title:

Rutgers has played below average football on offense this season. The Scarlet Knights are averaging 29 points per game, but their average is inflated because in the two games they played against I-AA opponents, Rutgers scored 87 points. In their other 4 games against I-A opponents, Rutgers has scored a total of 89 points. So, in reality, this team is only averaging 22 points per game which is a full touchdown less than their seasonal average suggests. Overall on offense, Rutgers is averaging just 5.4 yards per play (versus teams that allow 6.1 yppl). Defensively, Rutgers has played pretty well. They are only allowing 18 points per game (versus teams that average 22 ppg). Their run defense has been excellent, holding teams to just 92 yards per game on 3.0 yards per carry, and facing the triple-option of Army, a good rush defense is a key characteristic to have. Army’s offense has also underperformed this season. The Black Knights are only averaging 18 points per game (versus teams that allow 27 ppg). Their passing game is virtually non-existent as they throw for just 66 yards per game on 5.0 yards per pass attempt. Overall, their offense averages only 4.4 yards per play (versus teams that allow 5.5 yppl). This year’s Army defense has impressed their opponents. Temple head coach Al Golden called Army the best defense they’ve seen other than Penn State. Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano said they remind him of the early-90’s Arizona “Desert Swarm” defense. Army’s front seven is loaded with speed and they’ve been outstanding, especially defensive end Josh McNary who is tied for second in the nation with 9½ sacks. Both teams have better defenses than offenses and both teams are starting true freshman quarterbacks, Tom Savage for Rutgers and Trent Steelman for Army. Rutgers and Army also love to run the football which keeps the clock rolling and limits possessions making this a low scoring game.

Play UNDER the total.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
        215 Hustler
        • Sep 2006

Randall the Handle

ARMY +10½ over Rutgers PINNACLE
        Rutgers season hasn’t exactly gone as planned and as it turns out quarterback play has been its major undoing. Throughout this college football season we have repeatedly seen teams with good talent lose games because of inefficient quarterback play and Rutgers is no different. After getting blitzed at home in Week 1 against Cincinnati, Rutgers turned the QB job over to true freshman Tom Savage. Savage has predictably been shielded from making any big plays by the coaching staff and as a result of the conservative play calling Rutgers is dead last in the Big East in passing yards at 192 yards a game. The offense is way too inconsistent and unpredictable to lay points against a team that employs a run oriented offense in Army. Army is one of the last teams in D-I to employ a strict run-oriented offense and that works to their advantage when catching double-digit points. Army has thrown for a grand total of 463 yards this season, instead using the run to keep games close and control time of possession. While this run-first offense certainly can’t be used to win every game, the matchup against offensively challenged Rutgers this week certainly works in Army’s favor. Army has beaten SEC opponent Vanderbilt on the road and aside from a 31-10 defeat to Iowa State its defense hasn’t allowed more than 21 points in a game all year. Army will run their system, bleed the clock and keep Rutgers off the field. Rutgers has only played one road game this year against awful Maryland and really hasn’t shown any reason to lay double-digit points on the road. Army has beat a BCS team this season and don’t think they can’t do it again. Play: Army +10½ (Risking 2.16 units to win 2).

Comment

• Mr. IWS
          215 Hustler
          • Sep 2006

Dominic Fazzini Friday's play 10 Dime -- Rutgers (minus points vs. ARMY)

RUTGERS

The Scarlet Knights have owned the Black Knights since 1991, winning nine of 11 meetings, including four straight since 2002. And the past two games have produced a combined score of 71-9.

Army's offense is one-dimensional, relying almost entirely on its running game, ranking 12th in the nation on the ground at 222.6 yards per game, but averaging just 73.4 yards through the air. Rutgers' defense thrives against the running game, however, allowing just 91.5 yards per game.

The Scarlet Knights just played under the Friday night lights last week in a 24-17 loss at Pittsburgh, so they have had a normal week of practice and know the routine of playing a Friday night game on national television.

Rutgers freshman QB Tom Savage is 4-1 as a starter, and has completed 57.3 percent of his passes for 941 yards and five touchdowns with one interception. He should be able to throw against Army on what is supposed to be a pleasant night weather-wise.

The Black Knights lost 27-13 at Temple as a 10 1/2-point underdog Saturday, as the Owls pulled away with two touchdowns in the fourth quarter.

Rutgers is 6-0 ATS against Army, including 3-0 at West Point, and the Scarlet Knights are 14-6 ATS on the road and 10-4 as a double-digit favorite. And the Black Knights are 2-7 ATS overall, 1-5 at home and 7-19-1 as a home underdog. Take Rutgers to cover the points on the road tonight and produce an easy victory.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
            215 Hustler
            • Sep 2006

Karl Garrett
            10 DIMER - ARMY BLACK KNIGHTS 10 DIMER - ARMY BLACK KNIGHTS

Let's face facts, if this game were being played on Saturday, chances are I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, but since it is the only game on the dance card, and I LOVE ACTION, I am all over it!

I say take the points, as my feeling is backing a true-frosh QB on the road laying double-digits is just asking for trouble. Granted, Army is pretty limited in what they can do, but new coach Rich Ellerson has matched last season's win total already with 3 straight up wins, and Army has shown moxy in nearly all of their games this season.

This is a rare chance for national tv exposure, and my feeling is the host will not disappoint, as they give Greg Schiano's team a run for their money before bowing by a TD or so.

The line has been steadily climbing, so I suggest waiting a little while to get maximum line value on the doggie in this one.

Take the points!

Comment

• Mr. IWS
              215 Hustler
              • Sep 2006

Chris Jordan Friday's winner ...
              100? SIX-POINT TEASER RUTGERS and OVER - Analysis on this play back by 4 p.m. eastern

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                215 Hustler
                • Sep 2006

spartan | CFB Side Sat, 10/24/09 - 8:00 PM

triple-dime bet 357 Texas -13.0 (-110) BetUs vs 358 Missouri

Analysis: There is a massive difference in want to, and can do. I have been spot on in all four Mizzou predictions I've made this year and feel confident that streak will still be intact come saturday night. I have looked real hard at this game and utilized every resource I have to bring to bear and I cannot support the Tigers. The stubborn fact is that QB Blaine Gabbert is just not sound at all and you do not want to face that Texas defense with a hobbled signal caller. Plus backup Jimmy Costello is nowhere near ready to deal with what the Horns bring should he get the nod. The Tiger offense has not been able to get much of any running attack going this season and now they face this bunch. Not good. It is homecoming and perhaps the locals can hang for a half but the Tigers are notorious for being the worst at making ha¦lftime adjustments. This Texas team has it's sights set on a possible appearance in the big show and are used to going around with a bulls eye on their back week after week. Mack Browns kids will be ready. The last few years Missouri has managed to close the gap talent wise with Texas but they are not there yet and with an injury slowed quarterback I cannot see a good outcome here for Tiger fans and bettors. I see the Horns pulling away in the second half.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                  215 Hustler
                  • Sep 2006

The Prezzz 10/23/09

PICK: Rutgers Your pick will be graded at: -10 WSEX EXPERT: The **** TITLE: ****' SUPREME COURT CFB GOW *HUGE 5-1 RUN* REASON FOR PICK:

SUPREME COURT CFB GAME OF THE WEEK
                  (305) RUTGERS at (306) ARMY 8:00 PM

Rutgers gets a game outside of the Big East on Friday night, their second straight ESPN appearance. Rutgers is 4-2 on the year with their two loses coming against Cincinnati and Pittsburgh, easily the two best teams in the conference.

It's reasonable to compare Army's offensive scheme to that of Georgia Tech, save the blue-chip talent. The Black Knight's are also led by a freshman, QB Trent Steelman, who still lacks the game savvy of a seasoned upperclassman. The fact that Steelman leads the team in rushing with only 405 yards (3.5 yards per carry) speaks volumes to his complete understanding of the offense.

Rutgers rush defense has allowed less than 92 yards per game, a difficult matchup for Army.

Rutgers is 5-0 ATS in their last five games as a visitor and sport a 5-0 ATS mark in their last five meetings with Army. Rutgers is also 18-3 ATS when they hold the opposition to less than 250 total yards of offense.

9* Play on Rutgers (buy the .5 point to -9.5 if necessary)

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                    215 Hustler
                    • Sep 2006

100? SIX-POINT TEASER RUTGERS and OVER - Thinking that Rutgers uses a running game and will likely take control of this game. But I don't like the line movement and don't trust the backdoor crap I've dealt with the past couple nights. Thus, I see the Scarlet Knights beating the Black Knights, and do believe on a teaser this will go over the posted number.

If you look at the numbers Rutgers has put up, it wouldn't be much of a surprise to see the Knight take the total over by themselves.

Now that doesn't mean they can blow this Army team out, as the Black Knights run a vaunted triple-option, and it can be a tricky thing to defend - even if you're the 11th-ranked Rushing D in the nation.

I'm not getting too in-depth with this, as it's quite simple ... Rutgers wins this game by at least a touchdown; it'll treat this as a must-win, cause with four wins in the bank, the Knights are just two wins shy of a being bowl eligible. And the schedule doesn't get any easier for them. Call this a token win, if you will, but it's a win.

As for the total, it will get near the 40-point mark to complete the tease, I would just rather look to soar past a low 30s number than a higher one, as Rutgers' defense is pretty darned good. And in the event it does blow out Army, I wouldn't want to get caught on the low end of a 34-3 win ... understand?

Easy 6-point teaser on Rutgers and Over.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                      215 Hustler
                      • Sep 2006

100? SIX-POINT TEASER RUTGERS and OVER - Thinking that Rutgers uses a running game and will likely take control of this game. But I don't like the line movement and don't trust the backdoor crap I've dealt with the past couple nights. Thus, I see the Scarlet Knights beating the Black Knights, and do believe on a teaser this will go over the posted number.

If you look at the numbers Rutgers has put up, it wouldn't be much of a surprise to see the Knight take the total over by themselves.

Now that doesn't mean they can blow this Army team out, as the Black Knights run a vaunted triple-option, and it can be a tricky thing to defend - even if you're the 11th-ranked Rushing D in the nation.

I'm not getting too in-depth with this, as it's quite simple ... Rutgers wins this game by at least a touchdown; it'll treat this as a must-win, cause with four wins in the bank, the Knights are just two wins shy of a being bowl eligible. And the schedule doesn't get any easier for them. Call this a token win, if you will, but it's a win.

As for the total, it will get near the 40-point mark to complete the tease, I would just rather look to soar past a low 30s number than a higher one, as Rutgers' defense is pretty darned good. And in the event it does blow out Army, I wouldn't want to get caught on the low end of a 34-3 win ... understand?

Easy 6-point teaser on Rutgers and Over.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                        215 Hustler
                        • Sep 2006

Balfe

College Football
                        Army +10.5 over Rutgers
                        Two years ago Rutgers crushed Army behind Ray Rice with the running game. Last year it was Mike Teel and the passing game. Lucky for Army those two players are now in the NFL and Rutgers is not the high powered offense it briefly was. There is going to be wind and rain tonight which favors a good running game. Army has the better rushing attack. Army cannot pass the ball, but again lucky for them the conditions favor rushing attacks. Army is in a good spot at home and should keep this game close. Take the Black Knights

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                          215 Hustler
                          • Sep 2006

Randall The Handle

NHL
                          Season To Date (Since October 2009) 18-17-5 +12.72 Units

ST. LOUIS -½ +1.07 over Minnesota Pinnacle

The Blue Notes have dropped four of five and are coming off an ugly 5-1 loss to the champs. That loss and its current funk sure isn’t going to sit well with anyone, as these Blues are too determined and to talented to go into an extended bad run. Now they’ll take a huge step down in class when facing perhaps the leagues most disappointing club thus far. The Wild have just two wins in eight games and zero wins in regulation time. On the road they’re a perfect 0-5 and they’ve been outscored 20-10. After the first line of Koivu, Havlat and Brunette, the Minnesota offense is non-existent. Shut down that line and you pretty much can’t lose. Pierre Marc Bouchard remains out of the line-up. Anyway, the Blues have to be feeling extremely hungry after coming out extremely flat against the Penguins and they couldn’t have handpicked a riper opponent. Play: St. Louis -½ +1.07 (Risking 2 units).

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                            215 Hustler
                            • Sep 2006

Adam Meyer

Adam's Best Bet -PLAY: Rutgers-10.5 / -110 / 6 Units

Adam’s “Best Bets” are based on the information he receives about the game and not on statistics or analysis.

PLAY: Colorado Avalanche / -101 / 3 Units

Carolina is just not moving in the right direction yet and the soft number on Colorado at home is just too good to pass up in this spot. Carolina remains winless on the road and is 0-6 in the last 6 meetings in Colorado. The Avalanche, playing well at the start of the season is 2-0-0 at home and has won 4 of their last 5 overall.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                              215 Hustler
                              • Sep 2006

craig davis

Friday's Lineup

15 Dime --- RUTGERS (Buy the 1/2 point if your line is -10 or -10 1/2)

This play is more AGAINST Army than it is FOR Rutgers because I'm not really sold on either team. The Scarlet Knights are rebuilding as they've lost a very good RB and QB in the last two years, but their defense is probably a little better than they expected it to be in the beginning of the year. Normally I'd play against Rutgers because they don't have a ton of offense, but they'll clearly have enough against this very porous Army defense. Let me lay it out for you this way...

Army has lost to Duke, Iowa State, Tulane and Temple so far this year. That sounds like the resume of a high school team to me, yet Army couldn't manage a single win against any of them. What's worse... their average point total in those four games was 15 points. If Army gets 15 points tonight, that mean Rutgers is only going to need 26 points to grab the cover... and against this defense they shouldn't have any problem getting it done. They've score 26 or more points 3 times in six chances so far this season against better teams than Army. I'd be shocked if Rutgers doesn't score at least 30 points tonight. And I'm telling you right now, Army isn't scoring 20.

The Black Knights have not had a "bye" yet this year while Rutgers has already gotten a week off, not to mention Army is preparing for this game on short rest having played last Saturday while Rutgers got a full week or preparation because they played last Friday against Pittsburgh. And speaking of Pittsburgh... they have one of the better offenses Rutgers will see this year and the Scarlet Knights were able to hold them to just 24 points. Trust me, that's an accomplishment in itself.

Rutgers has won five straight vs. Army by no less than 12 points and two of those were by 35 or more. Rutgers is 7-0-1 ATS in their last 8 on the artificial surface while Army is just 1-10 ATS in their last 11 games vs. teams from the Big East. This one has 20-point blowout written all over it. Lay it with Rutgers.

Comment

Working...