• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

10-20-09

NEW GUYS! LURKERS!

Dont be afraid to post services if you come across them. Your posts will be appreciated for sure.

Just put them in the appropriate section (regular or premium)

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

• Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

Re: 10-20-09

Brandon Lang

Tuesday's Selections ...
    20 DIME - UTEP MINERS - Dangerous home dog tonight.

UTEP has perhaps one of the more impressive wins of the year in college football and the general sports fan probably knows nothing about it.

Playing at home, which is where they are tonight, they shredded a Houston team 58-41 as a 14 1/2 point home underdog.

A Houston team that was coming off a huge win at Oklahoma State out of the Big 12.

Now I also understand this UTEP team lost at home to Kansas, and went on the road and lost to Memphis but is Tulsa really that good to be laying more than a touchdown here?

I look at Tulsa on the road at Rice, a game they won 27-10 against a Rice team that gave up 63 at home to Navy and just had a 49-spot put on them by East Carolina.

It was an inspired effort by Tulsa at home last Wednesday against Boise State but if weren't for Boise head coach Chris Petersen kicking a field goal on 4th and goal from the 1 yard line instead of punching it in with 3 minutes to go 3rd quarter, they don't cover that game.

UTEP can play folks, and like I said, you don't start hanging a 58-spot on Houston at home unless you have some talent to get it done in this spot here.

I will gladly grab the touchdown and a hook with UTEP and just like Tulsa last week, look for this home dog to hunt and figure out a way to stay within the number.

10 DIME - LA ANGELS - Momentum back to the Angels.

After the dramatic win last night I look for the Angels bats to come alive in the warmth of Orange County and a 2nd look at CC Sabathia.

The bottom line is the Angels will get some scoring opportunities today but unlike New York where they didn't cash in, I like them to cash in here tonight.

As for Scott Kazmir, he is chomping at the bit to get out there and get the job done after his poor playoff start at Boston which saw him get hit for 5 runs in 6 innings of a 7-6 Angel comeback win.

All told, he has gone 2-2 in with a 1.73 ERA in 8 starts since joining the Angels while Los Angeles won 6 of those 8 starts overall.

In 14 career starts against the Yankees Kazmir is 6-5 with a rock solid ERA of 2.66. Great spot and great price to back the Angels.

I have been waiting for a CC Sabathia implosion and my gut tells me his first one is going to happen tonight.

Even with his game one win over the Angels Sabathia is still 6-7 lifetime against the Halos with an ERA around 5 so again, the Angels will be confident.

Los Angeles evens up the series 2-2 with this win tonight.

LA ANGELS (Kazmir over Sabathia)

FREE SELECTION - NY YANKEES-LA ANGELS UNDER

Comment

NOTE: UTEP is a Wednesday game not Tuesday as Lang states.

Comment

• Jason_W
        • Sep 2009

Lang is really with it these days. Must be hard being down almost 1000 dimes on the year.

Comment

• Chaseace
          • Oct 2009

Damn, still has the heart to post write-ups down over a billion dollars this year.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
            215 Hustler
            • Sep 2006

Big Al Mcmordie

3* LAA

Comment

• Mr. IWS
              215 Hustler
              • Sep 2006