X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

9-13-09

Fellas. You could really help out our forum by voting for us by going to this page and clicking the link below

then click on the little button that says, sports100.

There are no pop-ups or anything like that, and it helps us get more traffic to the forum.

Thanks a lot.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

• Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

Re: 9-13-09

Teddy Covers

NFL Atlanta -4 (454)
    NFL Tampa Bay +6 (470)
    NFL Arizona -6 (472)
    NFL 20* Big Ticket: Washington +6.5 (473

Comment

• Mr. IWS
      215 Hustler
      • Sep 2006

Pointwise Phone Service

No 4*

3* New England, Ny Giants, Minnesota, Cincy

2*g. Bay, Baltimore

Comment

• Mr. IWS
        215 Hustler
        • Sep 2006

Colin Cowherd

Miami (+4.5)
        N.Y. Jets (+4.5)
        Dallas(-5.5)
        Green Bay(-3.5)

Comment

• Mr. IWS
          215 Hustler
          • Sep 2006

Wunderdog

Game: Jacksonville at Indianapolis (Sunday 9/13 1:00 PM Eastern)
          Pick: Jacksonville +7 (-110)

The 2009-10 NFL season will open without Tony Dungy at the helm of a team for the first time in over a decade. Dungy established himself as one of the all-time greats, winning at Tampa Bay and Indianapolis, including a Super Bowl a couple of years ago. Jim Caldwell takes over for the Colts as they face the Jacksonville Jaguars this week. The Jags could never get anything going a year ago as nothing seemed to go right for this team. They went from 11 wins in 2007 to five in 2008 thanks primarily to an injury-riddled offensive line that forced them away from their successful play action passing attack. They lost both starting guards and their center in the very early going and no team is going to win when that happens. It led to a running game that was literally grounded and exposed QB David Garrard to 42 sacks (double his previous high). The offensive line is healthy to start the season and Garrard lost 20 pounds in the off-season, setting up a swifter QB and back to the rollout play action formations in which he has had his greatest success. Maurice Jones-Drew finally gets to tote the rock exclusively and this team will be better for it. I expect the Jags to improve tremendously on offense this year. The Jags match up well with the Colts up front and their hard-nosed smash mouth tactics have taken advantage of Indy's weak interior defense. The Jags have always played well against the Colts and these games are very frequently tight and hotly contested. The last 14 times these teams have met, 12 games were decided by eight points or less and the Jags have covered four straight at Indianapolis. Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio is now 5-1 ATS as a divisional dog of 7+ points. This is just too many points in a division rivalry like this one. The line is big because Jacksonville is underrated. I like the Jags to put up a real fight here.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
            215 Hustler
            • Sep 2006

Maddux

#462 - NFL - 3 units on Cleveland +4 (SUN)
            #464 - NFL - 3 units on Houston -4.5 (SUN)

Comment

• Mr. IWS
              215 Hustler
              • Sep 2006

Robert Ferringo

NFL Week 1 Selection

7-Unit Play. Take #478 Green Bay (-3) over Chicago (8 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 13)

Note: This is my NFL Game of the Month

I recommend this play as a 6-Unit Play at 3.5 or 4.0. My full analysis will be posted with next week's opening NFL picks.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                215 Hustler
                • Sep 2006

Power Sweep

4* Dallas 23-9
                3* Cinn. 33-17
                2* Detroit (+) 17-27
                2* Minn. 23-9

3* KC Under 37
                3* Eagles Under 44
                3* Cowboys Under 40
                2* Denver Over 43
                2* Jets Over 43

Power Rating Play Cinn.
                System Play 49er's

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                  215 Hustler
                  • Sep 2006

Pointwise Newsletter

NFL Key Releases...
                  3--Cincinnati (-4') over Denver 30-20
                  3--New England (-11) over Buffalo 31-13
                  4--Pittsburgh (-6) over Tennessee (THURSDAY) 20-10
                  4--Seattle (-8') over St. Louis 30-16
                  5--Carolina (+1) over Philadelphia 24-20

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                    215 Hustler
                    • Sep 2006

Marc Lawrence's Playbook

NFL...
                    5* NY Giants over Washington by 17
                    4* San Francisco (+) over Arizona by 6
                    3* Denver (+) over Cincinnati by 7

NFL Totals...
                    5* Redskins/Giants UNDER
                    4* Vikings/Browns UNDER
                    3* Dolphins/Falcons UNDER

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                      215 Hustler
                      • Sep 2006

Mti / killer sports
                      MTi’s Newsletter Side Play 4-Star Denver +3’ over CINCINNATI

Cincinnati won three in a row to end last season and that is inflating this line significantly. Also inflating the line here is the fact that the Broncos are projected to win only 6.5 games this season. Both of these reasons are faulty. Last season the Bengals beat the Redskins, Browns and Chiefs over their last three games to finish at 4-11-1 on the season. Washington had just dropped 4-of-5 and were off a tough road game vs the Ravens the previous week. The Browns had lost four straight and were off a Monday Night game vs the Eagles and they had a head coach that was on his way out. The Chiefs had lost three straight and were 1-10 their last 11 when they faced the Bengals in Cincinnati on the final week of the season. Clearly, Cincinnati’s three-game win streak is very suspect. To use a horse racing analogy, they “passed tiring horses.”Now let’s turn our attention to the Broncos low win total for this season.The Denver Broncos finished the 2008 season at 8-8Unfortnately for them this was good enough for second place in their division, which means that they drew the second place teams from the AFC East and AFC South as Wild Card opponents. Again, unfortunately for them, the Colts and Patriots finished in second place in their divisions in 2008, matching them up with the Broncos in 2009 and giving the Broncos a brutal schedule this season.The linesmakers have noticed, as their futures line is 6.5 wins for the season. If the Broncos don’t win seven games this season, it will be the first time since the turn of the century that they have done so. If their tough schedule means anything in THIS game, it will have them motivated for their first two games of the season, as they get the Bengals and Browns.We see very little reason for optimism for the Bengals this season. They have a head coach who has not had a winning season in three years, they lost their best receiver to free agency (apologies to Ocho-cinco). They have a center who will be making his first NFL start and have a weak running back squad.The only reason for any hope would be the return of Carson Palmer. This is a LOT of responsibility to put on a QB –especially one who is returning from injury.In 2008, Carson Palmer had a QB rating of 69 in the four games in which he appeared.The Bengals lost all four, although the competi-tion was pretty tough. Ryan Fitzpatrick, who filled in for Palmer in 2008, had a QB rating of 70 and was 4-3-1 over the last eight games of the season. The Bengals then let him go to the Bills as a free agent in the off-season. Chad Ochocinco had a terrible season in 2008. After 1369 and 1440 receiving yards 2006 and 2007 respectively, he dropped precipitously to 540 in 2008.The hype for the Bengals this season has no substance. The de-fensive coaches are high on pick-ups DB Roy Williams from Dallas and DTTank Johnson from the Bears. However, both of these players were released by their teams. Dallas releasedWilliams because he can’t cover anyone and the Bears released Johnson because of his off-field troubles. This hype is merely to sell tickets – and they need to sell tickets because their home opener isn’t sold out as of September 1st. Their fans aren’t buying the hype and neither a serious handicapper.The Shanahan era is over in Denver and young Josh McDaniels take the reins. He has been groomed for a head coaching position in the NFL his entire life. He is not under a lot of pressure to win this game, as he is a significant road dog. We expect his team will play tough and hard for him. The Broncos appeared to have been ready for a change at the head coach position, as Shanahan was burned out last season, and it started to show in 2007.This line has steamrolled out of control. The pundits are saying that the Broncos are in for a terrible season and some are even calling the Bengals a ”dark horse.” Don’t drink the Kool-Aid. Grab this 3’ and check out the price on the moneyline.

MTi’s FORECAST: Denver 17 CINCINNATI 16

MTi’s Newsletter Totals Play

3-Star Washington at NY Giants UNDER 37’ – The Redskins are 0-6OUintheirlastsixseasonopeners,stayingunderbyanave rage of 11.0 ppg. The average final score in these six games has been 13.3 to 13.0 ppg. We see no reason for this to change here.TheRedskinsare0-11-2OUasasingle-digitroaddogvsadivisional opponent when they face a non-divisional opponent next week. Last season, Washington was 0-5 OU in this situation, staying under by a whopping 15.2 ppg.More specifically, these two are 0-9 OU since 2000 in New York. Over the past four seasons, the Redskins have scored a total of six points in the second half vs the Giants in New York. It is also worth mentioning that the Redskins are 0-9 OU (-9.9 ppg) on the road vs a divisional opponent before playing at home.The re-signing of DeAngelo Hall and the big free-agent signing of Albert Haynesworth has demonstrated the Redskins’ commitment to defense this season. Take these two

UNDER.MTi’s FORECAST: NY GIANTS 17 Washington 13

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                        215 Hustler
                        • Sep 2006

Doc sports

4 Unit Play. #113 Take San Francisco +6 ½ over Arizona (Sunday 4:15 pm Fox) Top Underdog Play. Arizona 27, San Francisco 24.

5 Unit Play. #120 Take Green Bay -3 ½ over Chicago (Sunday 8:20 pm NBC) Game of the Week. Green Bay 31, Chicago 13.

4 Unit Play. #123 Take San Diego -9 ½ over Oakland (Monday 10:15 pm ESPN) Top Monday Night Play.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                          215 Hustler
                          • Sep 2006

Strike Point Sports

Week One NFL plays

5-Unit Game of the Week. #460 Take Cincinnati -4 over Denver (9/13 Sunday, 1 p.m. EST)

3-Unit Play. #454 Take Atlanta -4 over Miami (9/13 Sunday, 1 p.m. EST)

3-Unit Play. #474 Take New York Giants -6.5 over Washington (9/13 Sunday, 1 p.m. EST)

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                            215 Hustler
                            • Sep 2006

Indian Cowboy

5 Unit Play. Over 44 Jets @ Texans (Sunday @ 1pm). The Jets offense looked great over the offseason and that is primarily due to the wealth of quality quarterbacks they have. The total on this game has gone up slightly since its release and rightfully so. I suspect the Jets will be active dogs in this contest and put up 20+ points and in the same token, I expect a strong Houston offense against a porous Jets defense. But, more importantly, the Jets have a great shot at winning this game outright and I suspect they will be game. I look for the Jets to lead and early and help push this game over the posted total as Schaub and company will be playing catchup. The Over is 5-2-1 for the Jets when they are dogs by this margin and the Over is 6-0 for the Texans in September.

3 Unit Play. Under 43.5 Dolphins @ Falcons (Sunday @ 1pm). Its tough for me to say this as a Falcons fan, but this is a dangerous game for Atlanta. The Dolphins looked great over the preseason. I know the preseason doesn’t count for much to must, but the Dolphins went 4-0 and their defense looked solid holding opponents to just 13 total points on the road. This coaching staff and management stresses defense relentlessly. I’m not a big fan of the Dolphins offense as much as I am of their defense, but I suspect this game likely dips under the posted total. With the Dolphins offense still not having a wealth of playmakers and the Dolphins defense expected to carry the mantle, I like this game going under in Hotlanta as scoring will likely be at a premium.

3 Unit Play. #462. Cleveland Browns +4 (Sunday @ 1pm). I think the public is being set up for a burial here. With 77% riding the coat tails of Minnesota, I think the Browns likely get it done. Cleveland looked against Tennessee and Detroit at home and frankly, they looked against Chicago on the road. It is a battle of the Minnesota defense vs. the Cleveland offense. This game can go many ways, but at the end of the day, it is the biggest public fade of the day and now as the line stands at four. I like the Browns to cover here and have an outside shot at winning outright. I love public fades and usually I will be on at least one such fade. These two teams are familiar with each other and with having this game as a home opener and the line refusing to budge beyond the 4 point margin here, I look for the Browns to indeed make an upset. Remember, regardless of which quarterback takes over for Cleveland, they will be on a short leash and I expect efficient offensive drives. In the end, Cleveland likely loses by a field goal and I think the four points become significant here.

3 Unit Play. San Francisco 49ers +6.5 (Sunday @ 4:15pm). I think Arizona looked dismal during the preseason. With San Fran ending last season extremely strong, and making more strides this offseason, I expect them to start off very well in this division opener. This is a game that I believe San Fran can win outright and I think the points are an added bonus. I like the 49ers plus the points as remember, this team lost in a last second possession in this same field last time and they are certainly capable of winning this game outright. Arizona was outscored 53-100 during the preseason. This is a chance for San Fran to start the season fresh and frankly, I would not be a bit surprised if Singletary and company win this division or make the Wild Card this year.

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                              215 Hustler
                              • Sep 2006

Vegas Sports Informer's

NFL FOOTBALL PLAYS

6 Unit Play. #460 Take Cincinnati -4 over Denver (Sunday 9/13 1:00 PM)

(Game of the Month)The big advantage for the Bengals in this game will be the QB play. I will take a healthy Carson Palmer over Kyle Orton any day of the week. Cincinnati is 3-1 SU & ATS in Week 1. Denver is 7-21-1 ATS against AFC teams. Cincinnati is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games.

2 Unit Play. #474 Take NY Giants -6 ½ over Washington (Sunday 9/13 4:15 PM)

In a huge NFC East matchup of two teams with strong defenses and rather conservative approaches on the other side of the ball (both teams will want to establish the run), this game will likely come down to the better QB. I’m taking Eli Manning to have a better game then Jason Campbell. New York is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings against Washington.

4 Unit Play. #478 Take Green Bay -3 ½ over Chicago (Sunday 9/13 8:20 PM NBC)

A huge matchup in Cheese Country as division rivals kickoff in Week #1. We like the home team Packers in this one as Aaron Rogers should be able to throw against the Bears defense. Chicago is 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games against NFC North teams. Green Bay is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games against NFC North teams. The Bears have struggled in Green Bay going 5-11-1 ATS in Cheese Country.

2 Unit Play. #481 Take Over 43 San Diego at Oakland (Monday 9/14 10:15 PM ESPN)

I’m looking for a huge offensive bang from the San Diego Chargers Monday night against the Oakland Raiders. San Diego should be able score in the 30 range against the Black/Silver and if the Raiders can hit double-digits we will be happy. San Diego is 7-0 O/U in the month of September. Oakland is 4-1 O/U in Week 1.

Comment

Working...