Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPX
    • Aug 2009

Mark Coleman/Forrest Griffen VS Tito Ortiz

I've heard that this match is official and will be Tito's first fight back.

Anyone think Coleman has much of a chance in this one? What kind of odds should we expect?
    I heart cock
  • Mr. IWS
    215 Hustler
    • Sep 2006

Re: Mark Coleman VS Tito Ortiz

I like Tito in this one. I think the line would be around -200 in favor of Tito.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Comment

• Luke
      10 year vet
      • Oct 2006

I backed Coleman against Bonnar and have watched Coleman for years but I dont think he stands a chance in this one . When Coleman beat Bonnar it was because Bonnar was an overrated fighter who isnt a top level fighter ,Tito who may not be a top 5 fighter is a top 10 fighter and will be to much for Coleman .

I think Ortiz will be somewhere in the -450 range as a favorite and at those odds it would be a no bet on either side for me
      2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Luke
        10 year vet
        • Oct 2006

Odds out

Ortiz -360

Coleman +270

I actually thought this would be a little higher
        2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• Mr. IWS
          215 Hustler
          • Sep 2006

Wow. I didnt think they would be this high with Coleman coming off a win, and Ortiz off a long layoff.

If this was in the -200 to -250 range, I would be on Ortiz.

Comment

• Luke
            10 year vet
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by IWS Zak
            Wow. I didnt think they would be this high with Coleman coming off a win, and Ortiz off a long layoff.

I figured it was going to be high .I actually am thinking of still taking Ortiz if the line goes down to the -315 to -325 range
            2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• natman2939
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by IWS Zak

exactly my thoughts. It's as if I said it myself

Comment

• Mr. IWS
                215 Hustler
                • Sep 2006

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news...t-UFC-106.html

It appears that UFC Hall-of-Famer, Mark Coleman, may have pulled out of his upcoming fight against Tito Ortiz at UFC 106. In a tweet posted just minutes ago, Ortiz revealed the situation:

"Coleman,coleman,coleman to bad he sissies out!!! Who's next??? I'm kicking someone's ass on Nov21st!"

Ortiz was scheduled to make his Octagon return against the former champion, but in light of these recent updates the UFC may be scrambling to find him a new opponent. Rumors indicate that Ortiz may fight Forrest Griffin, who has said that he is looking to return to the Octagon. However, there has been no formal talk yet.

The cause for Coleman's apparent removal from the card remains unknown at this time.

Ortiz (15-6-1) left the UFC in March of 2008 amidst a flurry of controversy and bad blood. The former UFC light-heavyweight champion became embroiled in a feud with UFC President Dana White who choose not to resign the popular fighter after his contract expired following a loss to current champion Lyoto Machida.

Ortiz briefly flirted with a number of organizations, from EliteXC to Strikeforce and Affliction, but eventually patched things up with White and chose instead to come back to the only organization he's ever fought for.

We'll have more on this developing story as soon as details become available.

Comment

• Luke
                  10 year vet
                  • Oct 2006

I would say Coleman pulled out due to some fake injury .

The real reason being imo Dana White doesnt want this match to happen because he wants Coleman to win a couple more fights before retiring due to the fans liking him and fighting Ortiz was a no win situation for Coleman
                  2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Luke

The real reason being imo Dana White doesnt want this match to happen because he wants Coleman to win a couple more fights before retiring due to the fans liking him and fighting Ortiz was a no win situation for Coleman
                    If Dana didn't want it to happen then why did the match get made in the first place? I would assume that Dana and Joe Silva coordinate in matchmaking, especially in fights of this magnitude. But of course that's speculation.
                    I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
                      • Sep 2009

Am I the only one who thought Coleman had a real shot at this? Tito's game is wrestling and GNP and Coleman is and will always be better at that.
                      Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

• SPX
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by zY|
                        Am I the only one who thought Coleman had a real shot at this? Tito's game is wrestling and GNP and Coleman is and will always be better at that.
                        Maybe a shot, but Coleman is not the fighter he once was. These days he looks good FOR AN OLD MAN but he no longer looks like an elite fighter.

Everyone thought Bonnar would steamroll him, and he beat Bonnar, which was a solid win. But Bonnar is very much of a middle-of-the-road fighter, while Tito looked good against Machida not TOO long ago.
                        I heart cock

Comment

• Luke
                          10 year vet
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SPX
                          Originally posted by Luke

If Dana didn't want it to happen then why did the match get made in the first place? I would assume that Dana and Joe Silva coordinate in matchmaking, especially in fights of this magnitude. But of course that's speculation.

It was just my opinion. Dana's in the business to make money and if Coleman gets killed by Ortiz then he's not marketable anymore. If Coleman wins some fights against has beens he can make money off him for a couple more fights

I think Coleman had a zero chance against Ortiz and I bet him against Bonnar
                          2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Comment

• SPX
                            • Aug 2009

We need Coleman/Couture. I think the time is right.
                            I heart cock

Comment

• zY|
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SPX
                              We need Coleman/Couture. I think the time is right.
                              After he loses to Vera.

And I agree that Coleman shouldn't beat Tito, but who knows what Tito's condition will be. He hasn't fought in a year and a half and is coming off major back surgery. Not that it matters now.
                              Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Comment

Working...