PDA

View Full Version : 4-5-09

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Karl Garrett

20 DIMER - PHILADELPHIA 76ERS....10 DIMER - PHILLIES - MYERS over LOWE
20 DIMER - PHILADELPHIA 76ERS

It's payback time for the 76ers, as the have dropped ALL 3 meetings this season against the Nets, both straight up, and against the spread.

New Jersey took it on the chin yesterday at Chicago, while Philly was busy taking it to Detroit at home for their third straight win, and cover.

The Nets have now lost 6 of their last 7 with just 2 covers along the way, and the G-Man doesn't see things improving tonight.

Philly is looking to move up in the East Conference playoff standings, and with a pair of tough ones on the road at Charlotte, and Chicago upcoming, they know they need to take care of business in this battle.

Take care of it they will, as the Nets look to be just playing out the string these days.

Take the Sixers, as they avenge the 3 earlier season losses to the Nets in a big way tonight.

10 DIMER - PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES (Myers over Lowe)

I know Derek Lowe is a solid hurler, but to get the defending World Series champs as this low of a price seems like a steal to the G-Man.

Philly went 9-0 last year at Turner Field, and 14-4 overall against the Braves in last year's season series.

Atlanta has put together a decent team, but I doubt they are going to jell this early in the season, and especially not at the Bank on the night the Phils are picking up their World Series rings!

The Phillies went 48-33 at home last year, while the Braves were a putrid 29-52 on the road last season.

Atlanta has some talent, and I don't doubt this game is going to be close, but at with the price at -130 as I type this analysis, the G-Man's money is on the Phils.
Today's Complimentary Selection

Saturday winnner on Toronto outright over New York to make it a 10-2 comp play run.

The G-Man is not sure what he witnessed on Friday night, as Cleveland was absolutely hammered at Orlando, losing their second in a row to the Magic.

Back home things should be a tad different as Cleveland does sport an unreal 36-1 straight up mark. Sure, the linesmakers have made covering the big impost a little tough on the Cavs of late, but this line is in line today against the Spurs.

Since sweeping the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals back in 2007, the Spurs have dropped 2 of the 3 most recent series meetings both straight up, and against the spread, including an 86-97 defeat at home in late February.

With the Cavs coming off back-to-back road setbacks, the G-Man feels Cleveland will come out on a mission in this one, and send the Spurs off to Oklahoma City with a resounding loss.

Lay the points with the host in this one.

3? CLEVELAND
(on a 1? to 5? basis)

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Matt Rivers

MONSTER 200,000* NBA DOG OF THE YEAR Plus Bonus Pup!
Your winners here are on:

1. 200,000? Spurs

2. 50,000? Jazz

1. Yes Cleveland has an unbelievable one measley loss at home all season long and is looking to avenge the pathetic loss on Friday at Orlando and stop this two game losing streak. They also boast an absolute superstar in Lebron but are you kidding me with this number!?!?!? I can get Duncan, Parker and Ginobili plus around a half dozen or so? OK!

About six or so weeks ago the Spurs were a similar dog in Boston and I told you then what a joke that was and bang an outright. That was part of a 2-0 sweep that day as coincidentally the Lakers won here in Cleveland in my underdog 2-0 sweep. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the professional and still great Spurs should win this game.

The Cavaliers certainly will be focused to get back on the winning track after losing in Washington and Orlando but flat out they have looked horrendous in those two games (as well as in the previous game and non-cover against Detroit) and are up against a beast today in San Antonio. No doubt Greg Popovich' team has been laying low and resting and not playing all that great over the past month but come on, this is still possibly the best organization in all of the NBA and a squad that is an absolute no-brainer in a situation such as this one.

The Cavs are not ending the season 40-1 at home and with the campaign dwindling down this is the best chance of them losing and I see that coming to fruition right here and now. Grab the points as that is too good of a steal but expect that outright!

2. The Jazz are clearly not the same team on the road I 100% understand that and New Orleans at home is extremely tough to beat. But with that said the Hornets are still a banged up club as Posey and Chandler are out and Stojakovic is still not close to being fully healthy. Also today's home squad is back after a three game west coast swing where they just lost in Golden State on Friday night. Now back home after a trip like this is not going to be easy as that first game never ever is.

I also do not mind the point guard matchup today. Nobody on this planet can fully contain Chris Paul as he is that great but if anybody can somewhat hang it is Deron Williams. Then throw in Carlos Boozer and Mehmut Okur and Paul Millsap and a few others and you have a very talented talented Jazz squad that has a great chance to win this game and anytime they are getting points anywhere have a shot.

Utah is on a three game skid which is not great at all and their defense has allowed 100 plus in four straight games which is also not good but the Hornets are really in a difficult situation today, even with being on their home court, and it will show in a very probable underdog outright here as well!

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 10:59 AM
ATS Lock Club
4 Cavs
3 Rockets

ATS Financial
3 Thunder

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 11:21 AM
SEABASS

5 Atlanta Braves Under
20 Portland
50 Utah
50 San Antonio Under
20 Vancouver

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Kelso
50 units Raptors
10 units Hornets

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Mti Sports

3* 76'ers/ Nets Under From The Northcoast Line

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 12:47 PM
ASA's 7* - Utah Under

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Beat Your Bookie

Daily Premium Hoops & Hockey Winners for Sunday

NBA Basketball

100* Play Cleveland (-6.5) over San Antonio (NBA)

Cleveland is 12-1 ATS coming off a road loss this season
Cleveland is 15-6 ATS when playing their 3rd game in 4 days
Cleveland is 24-13 ATS when playing as a home favorite this season

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Hoops & Hockey Plays

50* Play Portland (+4) over Houston (NBA)

30* Play Washington (-260) over Atlanta (NHL)

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Dr. Canada

Game 1 - Wild/Wings over 5.5

Game 2 - Thrashers/Caps over 6.5

Game 3 - Panthers -120

Mr. IWS
Las Vegas Sport Picks

NBA:

3* Knicks/Raptors over 217
4* Warriors/Kings over 244
7* Mavericks -3

Mr. IWS
Tim Trushel

Mavs -3.5

Mr. IWS
JB Sports

3 Detroit -2
3 NO -2.5
2 Cleveland -6

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Craig Davis
Sunday's Lineup
30 Dime ---- NETS

15 Dime ---- THUNDER

NEW JERSEY NETS --- Philly might be 24-15 at home, but they’re just 16-20 on the road and they are coming in off the game of their life Saturday… which secured Philly a playoff spot. They trailed Detroit nearly the entire game, which forced HC Tony DiLeo’s hand. He did something he doesn’t like doing, but he told the media after the game he had no choice.

DiLeo kept Andre Iguodala and Andre Miller on the floor the entire second half. No breaks. That rarely happens in the NBA, but coach DiLeo said he figured this was the game “they had to win” in order to lock up the playoff spot. The rest will take care of itself.

So how can the Sixers, a below .500 team on the road, be expected to get back up to that emotion level for this game against lowly New Jersey… a team that has a 2% chance of making the playoffs? How much “legs” will the Sixers have after that intensive, come-from-behind win in the final minutes against Detroit? The answer… very little.

New Jersey might not be playing their best basketball right now, but they do appear to be relatively healthy and they have taken their first two meetings with Philly, albeit they’ve each been decided by two points. Both Philly (on the road) and New Jersey (at home) allow 100 PPG, so don’t be surprised to see this game very close in the first half. However, when all is said and done and the smoke clears, New Jersey will have fresh legs in the fourth quarter while Philly is expected to wear down.

Sixers are just 1-5 ATS in their last six when playing on no games rest while the Nets are 4-1-1 ATS in their last six home games vs. teams with a SU losing road record. Nets are still fighting for whatever miniscule chance they have at the post-season and will give everything they’ve got to gather the SU win. Take the Nets as your top play winner.

OKC THUNDER --- First things first. Indiana is a pitiful road team (10-29). The Pacers have dropped 15 of their last 19 games away from Conseco Fieldhouse and many of those games weren’t even close. For whatever reason, some teams simply can’t win on the road… Indiana is a prime example.

Secondly, the Pacers are not likely to make the playoffs unless they catch fire, win all their remaining games, and hope about four other teams fall completely apart. Is it possible the Pacers make the playoffs? Sure. Is it probable? Not likely. I have a feeling, though I can’t prove it, that Indiana players have finally come to the realization they aren’t going to make the playoffs, no matter what their chances are.

OKC has been a trainwreck recently… I understand that. They’ve dropped four of five and six of their last eight. But I’ve also seen them live, in action, six times this year and I know what they’re fully capable of at home. I watched them beat a very good San Antonio team a few nights ago and despite some of their recent struggles, I still believe this team is on the way to being very good next season.

The nucleus of this team, Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook have played better (together) than many thought, and against teams that don’t play defense (allowing over 100 PPG), the Thunder play much, much better. As much as I like Danny Granger, I like Durant, Green and Westy even better.

Thunder wins this game at home in front of a lively Sunday night crowd.

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 01:01 PM
fairway jay

Dallas Mavericks r504
-3.0 (-110) / 4 units

Utah Jazz r515
+2.5 (-110) / 3 units

Los Angeles Clippers r521
+17.0 (-110) / 3 units

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 01:01 PM
he real animal

Pick title: 2* Toronto -5 1/2
Pick Date: 04/05/2009
Pick description:
Toronto riding a 6-0 SU and ATS streak with their matinee win over the Knicks yesterday. Quick turnaround here for both teams and note New York is now 1-10 SU in thier last 11. Yesterday snapped a string in this series that saw the home team win four straight by eight points or more. The Raptors are 8-1 ATS at home since the all-star break against poor defensive teams allowing 99 points or more. The Knicks have yielded 102 or more in 8/10 recently.

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 02:12 PM
CALIFORNIA SPORTS

4* Rockets
3* Cavaliers

Mr. IWS
( NSA )

20* NBA Spurs +6.5 (100 Dime NBA LOCK CLUB)
10* MLB Phillies -130
10* MLB Phillies OVER 85
10* NBA Toronto over 218.5
10* NBA Minnesota +7
10* NBA Oklahoma City -2.5

Mr. IWS
CHARLIES SPORTS

500* nba Indiana @ Oklahoma City Over 212
30* nba Toronto-5'
20* nba Denver @ Minnesota Over 207
20* nba Oklahoma City-1'
10* mlb Dodgers+125
10* mlb Phillies-130 free play

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 02:13 PM
STAN SHARP

DOUBLE DIME

GOLDEN ST + 2.5 OVER SACRAMENTO @ 9 est

Stan notes the public will be betting sacramento because they will be playing with revenge from a 143-141 loss earlier in the week . Stan is backing golden st as they are the better team and will win outright. Dont fall into the revenge trap here . **DOUBLE DIME **

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Brandon Lang
Sunday ...

15 Dime Trail Blazers - They just keep blowing teams out, and tonight will be no different. Four straight routs, and the Blazers are now on the verge of their first postseason appearance in six years. Portland sits one half-game ahead of Houston for fourth place in the Western Conference and needs a win or a Phoenix loss going into today's action to make the playoffs for the first time since 2003.

And there is no better time to get hot like this. Portland has won its last four games by a minimum of 20 points, and catch a Houston team that has been inconistent on offense, scoring anywhere from 81 points to as high as 110 over its last five outings. Yet while the Rockets' defense has stepped up lately, they've still lost three of their last four outings.

And with Portland winning four straight and covering eight of their last nine, I don't see any better play except the Blazers in this one tonight.

FREE - New Orleans Hornets (See daily video for your analysis)

NOTE: Wow, 5-for-27 from beyond the arc.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would see that from Villanova.

Defensively, Nova played well but to see their offense implode like that from behind the arc was one of the most frustrating things I have ever witnessed.

Corey Fisher, Cory Stokes and Dewayne Anderson go 0-13. How is that possible.

Live by the sword and die by the sword and this loss by Nova tonight will be a very hard pill to swallow.

If Nova played North Carolina again on Monday, I would back Nova again. Bottom line is you can't handicap 5-27 from behind the arc.

Uconn, that was just a bad call but the 3-point shooting display by Villanova is truly unexplainable.

I will rally here. I did in March and got the winning month making it 2 of 3 winning months in 2009 and with so much time left in April, no need to hit the panic button.

One top play winner at a time, one winning day at a time. Nothing more and nothing less.

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Stephen Nover

NBA

Charlotte at Detroit Over (174.0 -110)

Two defensive-minded clubs spell a low total to the oddsmaker.. But they've set this total too low.

The Pistons are averaging 98.2 points in their last nine games, discounting two offensive clunkers versus the Cavaliers and Lakers.

The Bobcats probably aren't going to have their primary defender, Raja Bell. He was carried off the court in the Bobcats' last game with a calf injury.

Charlotte has picked up its offense. The Bobcats are averaging 98.6 points in their last 11 games.

----

Indiana (+2 -110)

Indiana is on the brink of elimination from making the playoffs. But the Pacers have shown heart and should be motivated for this road matchup.

Indiana has covered seven of its past 10 away matchups. Oklahoma City is a young team and its young players are hitting the wall as the long season finally winds down.

The Thunder is 2-6 in its last eight games with one of those victories occurring against the Timberwolves. The Thunder has dropped their past four home contests.

Oklahoma City's last four losses have been by 35, 19, 16 and 18 points. The Pacers, on the other hand, have been competitive lately against good teams.

In their last six games, the Pacers lost 126-121 to the Spurs, beat the Bulls, beat the Wizards by nine, lost on the road to the Bulls by six, defeated the Heat, won at the Bobcats by 25 and lost by two to the Mavericks.

The Thunder is bringing up rookie D.J. White and Kyle Weaver from their Tulsa team in the developmental league. Both players are expected to play against the Pacers as coach Scott Brooks wants to give them a chance.

The Pacers are the better team and have motivation.

Mr. IWS
04-05-2009, 02:14 PM
ANTHONY REDD

10 - Dime
Portland Trail Blazers