Washington r847
-1.0 (-110) / 4 units

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Craig Davis

20 Dime ---- DAYTON

10 Dime ---- PENN STATE

5 Dime ---- PACERS

DAYTON --- This game has the feel of yesterday’s Butler/Wright State contest in so many ways. One team (the road team) is clearly superior with better athletes, a better record, better coaching, etc. Yet for some reason they are only laying a very small number. No matter, I’ll take it. The Fliers, though not recently blowing teams out, have lost just twice all season and continue to find ways to win, even when they don’t play their best basketball. Folks, they won’t need their best basketball this afternoon as it will take a near-perfect game from the 49ers just to stay competitive. NC Charlotte has lost more games than they’ve won at home and are a money burning 5-14-1 ATS on the year.

One might point to Dayton’s 8-10 ATS record as a reason to stay away from this team, but I beg to differ. First off, let’s not forget this is the same Dayton team that handed Marquette its worst loss of the season… an 89-75 setback in December. Secondly, Dayton’s record has recently drawn some double digit lines from Vegas, and though they are winning games, they simply aren’t blowing teams out. Well, we don’t need them to blow Charlotte out today --- we just need an advantage of a couple of buckets. Seriously, that shouldn’t be a problem is they can handle an early run that Charlotte always brings to the table.

The Niners finally seem to have things clicking on offense, but their bench is the thinnest in the A10 because of injuries and the fact their point guard quit the team right before the season started. In their last game, Charlotte had three players log over 31 minutes of action. Compare that to Dayton who will use all 12 guys on an even rotation… talk about fresh bodies!!! This one’s a laugher as Dayton comes to Charlotte and wins by double figures.

PENN STATE --- I haven’t played many Big 10 games this year, but the ones I do play I’ve been all over (Indiana SU over Iowa was my last) the right side. This one has mismatch written all over it and I think we’re getting tremendous line value… for whatever reason. I guess the fact that Penn State had its four-game conference winning streak snapped by Michigan (in a big way) Wednesday night forces Vegas to bring this line to a near pick ‘em. How quickly we forget the Lions’ 4-point win in East Lansing or their 10-point win over Indiana or the fact they beat Michigan (at home) by 15 just a few weeks ago. We live in a society that says “what have you done for me lately”… and the Nits got schooled by 20 in their last outing.

But let’s also not forget that game was on the road, and it’s simply not easy to win away from home in the Big 10 Conference. Penn State is 13-3 at home this season, winning and covering four of their last five in Happy Valley. Wisconsin, on the other hand, simply forgets how to play basketball when they leave Madison as they have a dismal 3-6 road record (including a 1-4 record in their last five). Not only are they losing games SU but they also haven’t been able to find the money, failing to cover in three of their last four roadies. All we need this afternoon is a Penn State SU win and we’ll get the cover. Shouldn’t be too difficult as they pull away in the second half to win, 65-56.

INDIANA PACERS --- While everyone else is trying to figure out if the Cavaliers can remain unbeaten at home vs. the Lakers today, we’re going to take the “easy route” today and give you a much easier, yet not as exciting, pointspread winner on Indiana at Washington. If you were with me Friday night you know I gave you the Nuggets minus the small number vs. the Wizards in an easy 123-104 win for the road team. Today, the Wizards could again be without their major players while attempting to slow down an Indiana team that is in desperate need of another win as they attempt to build on their 107-102 upset win over Orlando Friday night. Before that the Pacers had dropped three straight to the Knicks, TWolves and Sixers despite scoring in triple digits in two of those three.

As I’ve mentioned before, sometimes a play/selection is as much AGAISNT a team as it is FOR the one we are playing. Today, that rings true as I’m not sure I’d play the Wizards against anyone as badly as they’ve been playing, not to mention the injuries they’ve suffered recently. Washington has dropped seven of their last eight SU, burning cash in six of those eight. They aren’t scoring points and they aren’t playing defense so, really, what chance do they have to keep up with the high-powered Pacers offense? In my opinion… none. Take the Pacers for the easy win.

Mr. IWS
Kelso:
Louisville 50 units
Illinoise St. 25 units

Mr. IWS
Michael Cannon
Sunday's Plays...

25 Dime –

PENN STATE

Take Penn State as the small home chalk this afternoon over Wisconsin.

This is not like the Wisconsin editions of past seasons. The Badgers offense has been erratic all season and it’s due in large part to the graduation of 6-11 center Brian Butch.

Wisconsin hasn’t been able to replace Butch with an inside presence and they’ve struggled to gain any consistency this year.

Penn State has been very good against the number in conference play this year, going 8-3-1 ATS in the last 12 games. The Nittany Lions are also 8-3-1 ATS in their last 12 at home.

The Badgers knocked off Illinois 63-50 on Thursday which ended a six-game losing streak. Wisconsin is just 1-5-1 ATS in its last seven.

Take Penn State minus the small number as they grab the home win and cover.

15 Dime –

GEORGIA TECH

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 10:49 AM
The Prezz NA
Louisville r829
-10.0 (-110) / 5 units

The Prezz NA
Rhode Island r837
Temple r838
o145.5 (-110) / 4 units

The Prezz NA
Boston College r845
+10.5 (-110) / 5 units

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 11:36 AM
northcoast PRO BOWL // top opin and double play nfc-2- // reg opin and single play on under 65

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 11:36 AM
NSA's Selection

CBB St Joe's @ Massachusetts 3:00 20* St Joe's +1.5
CBB Purdue @ Illinois 1:00 10* Purdue +2.5
CBB Creighton @ No Iowa 2:00 10* No Iowa -1.5
CBB Dayton @ NC Charlotte 1:00 10* Dayton -2.5
NBA San Antonio @ Boston 1:00 10* San Antonio +7.5
NBA LA Lakers @ Cleveland 3:30 10* Cleveland -4.5

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 11:37 AM
frank patron

30000 unit career lock #44

st. Josephs hawks +2

Mr. IWS
Handicapper: Michael Alexander
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) - 3:30 PM EST Premium Pick
Pick: Point Spread: -4.5/-103 Cleveland Cavaliers Play Title: Play on Cleveland
Click Here to View Pick Analysis

Rating: 2 Units

CLEVELAND is 18-5 ATS (+12.5 Units) as a home favorite this season.

CLEVELAND is 11-2 ATS (+8.8 Units) after a game committing 8 or less turnovers over the last 2 seasons.

LA LAKERS are 4-13 ATS (-10.3 Units) versus good defensive teams - shooting pct defense of <=43% over the last 2 seasons.

San Antonio Spurs vs. Boston Celtics (NBA) - 1:00 PM EST Premium Pick
Pick: Point Spread: 7.5/-105 San Antonio Spurs Play Title: Play on San Antonio

BOSTON is 14-30 ATS (-19.0 Units) after scoring 100 points or more 4 straight games since 1996.

BOSTON is 53-78 ATS (-32.8 Units) after 3 or more consecutive overs since 1996.

SAN ANTONIO is 9-2 straight up on the road against BOSTON since 1996.

Charlotte Bobcats vs. Miami Heat (NBA) - 6:05 PM EST Premium Pick
Pick: Point Spread: 7.5/100 Charlotte Bobcats Play Title: Play on Charlotte

MIAMI is 9-21 ATS (-14.1 Units) in home games after having lost 4 or 5 of their last 6 games over the last 3 seasons.

MIAMI is 2-16 ATS (-15.6 Units) after playing 2 consecutive games as a road underdog over the last 2 seasons.

CHARLOTTE is 18-8 ATS (+9.2 Units) as an underdog of 3.5 to 9.5 points this season.

Alabama vs. LSU (NCAAB) - 1:00 PM EST Premium Pick
Pick: Point Spread: -12.5/-106 LSU Play Title: Play on LSU

Mr. IWS
Tom Stryker:

5* NBA GOM: PORTLAND

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Andrew Powers Guaranteed Selections
Date: Sunday, February 08, 2009
$35.00 Guaranteed: We are now 358-197 since joining thsi web site, we are 49-29 since January 9th and we are on a 14-6 run of late. We prove it to you every day that we are the most POWERFUL HANDICAPPERS IN THE NATION! Today we are featuring a RED HOT COLLEGE HOOPS WINNER! You can take advanatge of our COLLEGE BASKETBALL POWER PLAY WINNER for just $35 and you will pay after you win! 2/8/2009

COLLEGE BASKETBALL POWER PLAY WINNER
829 Louisville -10.5 1:30 EST

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Seabass

Steam (100) lakers under 204.5
20 PHX

50 Louisville, Richmond, Creighton
30 Charlotte
20 BC

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Kelso small plays

5 units Va Tech -8

3 units Spurs +7

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 11:51 AM
M@linsky

4* Spurs
4* Georgia Tech

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Cokin
Hat-- U Mass
Window-- Akron

Reg-- LA Lakers
Reg-- Standford

Mr. IWS
Charlies Sports

500* Minnesota +4
NBA 30* LA Lakers +4
CBB 20* Northern Iowa -2
CBB 20* Akron -11
CBB 10* Louisville -10
NBA 10* Utah -1 (free play)

Mr. IWS
Handicapper: IndianCowboy
Sport: College Basketball
Game: Fairfield Stags @ Niagara Purple Eagles - Sunday February 8, 2009 2:00 pm
Detail: IC'S COLLEGE BALL WINNER TO GO 6-1 ON THE WEEK!
Pick: 4 units (Play of the Day) ATS: Fairfield Stags +10.5 (-110)

4 Unit Play. #855. Take Fairfield Stags +10.5 over Niagara (Saturday @ 2pm est). We sit at 5-1 on the week in College Ball and nothing else would be greater for us to cash here to go 6-1 on the week in College Hoops. Let's focus and cash the ticket as we are 9-3 Overall on the week and I would love to hit my NBA play as well as my CBB pick to go a splendid 11-3 on the week in Hoops! We cashed +66 Units in January and there is no reason we can't reach that same amount or even more this time around. As you know the Stags have been kind to me to at several points this season. Then, Vegas started catching on to this team so I laid off a bit. But, Fairfield is starting to make a comeback as they are 8-3 in conference play and more importantly, they have covered their last 3 contests. Fairfield went on the road to Canisius and won 65-51 as a 2 point underdog in that contest, defeated Loyola Maryland by 14 at home as a 3 point chalk, defeated Marist by 5 as a -4.5 chalk. Make no mistake about it, this team will be game against one of the conference best and Fairfield to their credit, has turned it around after losing 3 in a row. I love the fact we are catching 10.5 points on a total of 137 as the total continues to come down which favors Fairfield's style of half-court play. Tack that on with the fact that these two teams have not met each other this year and will feel each other out in the early goings, it will come down to who is running their half-court offense the best. Plus, Niagara comes off a huge win in their last contest by 18 so they might not have that edge so to speak in such a blowout win. I think the spread frankly should be around -8.5 for this game and it is 2 points higher as Niagara is covering more spreads of late and they come off a 18 point win. The Purple Eagles are just 2-5 ATS when facing a spread of 7-12 points as Iet's ride the Stags as the Underdog at Niagara in the afternoon early card.

Good luck,

Indian Cowboy.

Mr. IWS
Handicapper: IndianCowboy
Sport: NBA Basketball
Game: New York Knicks @ Portland Trailblazers - Sunday February 8, 2009 6:05 pm
Pick: 4 units (Play of the Day) TOTAL: Over 210 (-110)

Congrats on the 7th straight Winning Week in the NBA. Let's focus and finish off the NBA at a 5-2 record at the 6pm game tonight. I want you to put yourself in the place of the NY Knicks. This team just comes off playing the Celtics, Cavs and Lakers as they now hit the road. This team lost to all three of those games but note that prior to those three hellion games, the Blazers had covered 7 straight games including winning at Indiana and given the Sixers all they can handle. In fact, against the Sixers, the Knicks put up 110 points and the last 10 games for the Knicks have gone over a 100 points. The Blazers are struggling and maybe its due to not having Blake in the lineup. But, either way, this team just comes off back to back losses to OKC and Dallas and they too are not in a good mood. Heck, they shot terribly against OKC only scoring 93 points and this team will be looking to get their offense going at home in the Rose Garden. There is a reason why this total is as high as it is. I believe this will be an up and down game and I expect both the Knicks and Portland to be competitive here with very little defense. Remember, use the Blazers vs. Jazz game as a prototype in Salt Lake City when the final total ended up being 230. Also, I expect the Knicks to be an active dog and have a great shot at winning this game outright so consequently, I will gladly ride the over here. The over is 5-0 when the Knicks are an underdog by this magin of 5-10 points and the over is 7-0 for the Knicks when they are an underdog by this margin. Let's ride the Knicks as they have revenge, face a Portland team that is frustrated of their play and look for both teams to get their offenses going in a game in which the final score likely exceeds 220.

Good luck,

Indian Cowboy.

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 12:04 PM
ras

st peters/canisius OVER 121.5

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 12:05 PM
David Chan
TITLE: 4* LAKERS-CAVS TOTAL CRUSHER *6-0 NBA RUN*
REASON FOR PICK: Play on Los Angeles vs. Cleveland 'over' to win one unit

I don't think it's a stretch to predict that this will quickly turn into the Kobe vs. Lebron show. I don't see how that results in anything other than a high scoring Sunday afternoon affair.

Losing Andrew Bynum hurts the Lakers more defensively than offensively. That's been apparent during this road trip as they've been torched by the likes of the T'Wolves, Knicks, and Raptors, teams they would ordinarily have no trouble holding down. They've still been winning, but it's been on the strength of their offense.

The Cavs are on a nice roll offensively, having scored over 100 points in seven of their last nine games. They've been a much more dynamic team at that end of the floor than we've seen in recent years. No longer is Lebron forced to carry the entire load, he's distributing the ball better than he ever has, and the team is benefiting from it.

There's no question we'll see plenty of focus from Lebron and co. after they dropped a 105-88 decision at Staples Center a couple of weeks ago. That game was actually played at a rather quick pace with the Cavs attempting 79 shots to the Lakers 84. One low-scoring quarter (42 points in the third) cost the 'over' on that night as the other three quarters each produced at least 49 points.

It's important to consider that the Cavs were still without Zydrunas Ilgauskas at that time while the Lakers still had Andrew Bynum in the lineup.

We should see a relatively close game, and that of course opens the door for a late flurry of points, should we need them. In all honesty, I expect this game to get comfortably 'over' the number barring a blowout. Best of luck, DC.

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 12:28 PM
teddy covers

Cavs 20* Big Ticket!

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Teddy June:

Penn State -1.5 over Wisconsin

Mr. IWS
02-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Alatex
15* Penn St. -2